Author Topic: RAFaudio site sign-up  (Read 20724 times)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: RAFaudio site sign-up
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »
i guess i could try that if i get what to do but i might not be able to do it...it depends

Awesome. What we need people to do is listen to the lines that have already been submitted, compare them to what is in the book to ensure that it is EXACTLY the same, and that the lines are intelligible. This is the director role.

The other role is timing, which is splicing all of the lines from different actors together in audacity. From there Guy will help with special effects. Please let me know what you're interested in, and pm me your e-mail address, and I will set up an account for you as soon as I can.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »
both are fine, but for directing i might have too wait a while because my dad took away my animorph books for a month and most books i get from the library and if my dad finds out i have any animorphs books he is gonna get so mad...yeah, i could do it if e books work (i'm still gonna buy the re-release books though)
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
Both jobs might be difficult then. You need the books for the timing job as well because you need to get the lines spliced together correctly in the order of the book. Let me know when you get your books and I'll set up an account for you. :)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
would the e-books work because i know i downloaded mm1 since i never read it before, it seems ok, just some random numbers in certain places and it happens that the library doesn't have mm1(the last time i checked anyway) if e-books don't work then i guess that i could think of something...

we're still on mm1 right?i have book 8 though...i could do book 8,  my friend said that mm1 IS in the library the last time she checked...i'll check again

or you can just tell me when we do #8(the alien), i have that book
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
It will probably take us 10 years to get to #8. I'd be wary about using the e-books because they tend to not always be 100% correct. If you can get your hands on a copy from the library that be best!

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
I'll get mm1 in a month or so, it's my very early birthday present
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »
Sounds good!

Offline theburningone

• Banned
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »
It will probably take us 10 years to get to #8. I'd be wary about using the e-books because they tend to not always be 100% correct. If you can get your hands on a copy from the library that be best!
lol at the current rate of 3 chapters a year (and yeah I'm being generous as the first chapter came out in December of 09) it will take you 12.3 years just to get through this book. And that calculation is probably too short considering Mr. Guy can't even get anyone on the team to record 6 words so he can get chapter 4 finished up. Quite frankly knowing all that information makes your post incredibly hilarious. book eight in 10 years *chuckles to self* so funny.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
I'll some how let you know when I get the book, I think I'll just post again when I have which is I think sometime before march 24 (how long is shipping for eBay or amazon if you're in Canada ?)
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
Ebay, it all depends on where it comes from. I've had things arrive within a week, other times it's taken almost 3 or 4 weeks. Amazon is normally within a week or two, max.

Offline Mewmorpher

• A Real Gem!
    • Dragon Cave Resort
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
I'm in!
Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!! RAFcousins with Mythgirl. Wish you were here, Myth.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
At this time we are only looking for people to help with directing and timing. Roles are described below. If you are interested please PM me your e-mail address and desired user-name for the audiobook website.

Awesome. What we need people to do is listen to the lines that have already been submitted, compare them to what is in the book to ensure that it is EXACTLY the same, and that the lines are intelligible. This is the director role.

The other role is timing, which is splicing all of the lines from different actors together in audacity. From there Guy will help with special effects. Please let me know what you're interested in, and pm me your e-mail address, and I will set up an account for you as soon as I can.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
just to let you know right now i doubt that i'll get the book since my mom thinks i read too much (which i do) and doesn't want to get me another animorphs book...i'l try a few libraries but i doubt that i'll find the book since the one i know that has the animorphs books don't have it but i'l still try. so if i can't get the book i'll either just help with #8 in 10 yrs or so (considering i still go on RAF then) or wait for them to sell MM1 in chapters or whatever if they will so yeah...i so  wish i could help though
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »
If you need it, PM me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:25:20 PM by Jess Girl »

Offline Mewmorpher

• A Real Gem!
    • Dragon Cave Resort
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »
I'm in.
I know I'm late!
Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!! RAFcousins with Mythgirl. Wish you were here, Myth.