Author Topic: RAFaudio site sign-up  (Read 20715 times)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: RAFaudio site sign-up
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »
At this time we are only looking for people to help with directing and timing. Roles are described below. If you are interested please PM me your e-mail address and desired user-name for the audiobook website.

Awesome. What we need people to do is listen to the lines that have already been submitted, compare them to what is in the book to ensure that it is EXACTLY the same, and that the lines are intelligible. This is the director role.

The other role is timing, which is splicing all of the lines from different actors together in audacity. From there Guy will help with special effects. Please let me know what you're interested in, and pm me your e-mail address, and I will set up an account for you as soon as I can.

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
Okay, so... I know that I'd signed up as a timer ages ago... I also know that I've pretty much done nothing up to this point. *fail* I've been having some trouble keeping track of what needs to be done, even with the site. Sometimes it's just a matter of forgetting to check, often for long periods of time. I mean, last time I checked, we had 2 chapters done, but 3 and 4 were nowhere near ready to be timed. Now it seems like 4 chapters are done.

So... I guess what I'm saying is that, I WILL forget to check this stuff. Right now there doesn't seem to be any timing related stuff going on, but when it does come up, I don't want to miss the chance to contribute. I don't suppose there's any way to get a PM reminder when this stuff comes up?
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Mr. Guy36

• im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »
Jess and I are going to do some serious planning (once life isn't insane for both of us) and then we'll need all hands on deck. Part of that process will likely involve PM'ing everybody to make sure they can still work on this.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Mr. Guy36

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:14 AM »
If you didn't just get a PM from me, either clean your inbox or complain here

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
I didn't. :P

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »
Neither did I!

*runs and hides from the promised smack to the head*
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Mr. Guy36

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »
Jess, I kinda assumed you were in, you've done more than most in terms of getting things on track. Seal, I stood next to you and asked you... how much more personal of a message do you want?!

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2011, 10:52:53 PM »
*rubs my head* Owww...
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2011, 03:17:56 AM »
I'm in to listen to the ebooks.

Offline Mr. Guy36

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2011, 08:13:28 AM »
No. You couldn't miss the point more completely than you just did.

I find myself in a situation. As some of you know, I sent a PM asking people to reconfirm their commitment. Of 15 messages, I got 9 replies. I really don't want to kick so many people off the project

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
No. You couldn't miss the point more completely than you just did.

I find myself in a situation. As some of you know, I sent a PM asking people to reconfirm their commitment. Of 15 messages, I got 9 replies. I really don't want to kick so many people off the project

I gladly will. Please make sure you respond to Guy ASAP.

Offline Mr. Guy36

« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
Alright, well all the principal characters are good to go. I took a look at "last active" dates for the people I'm missing, and most of them I think I can safely say won't be too upset with us continuing.
Here's how things should (hopefully) go:
The work for directors and timers will be much more divided up. As of now, I am technically the only timer...

Directors: you now have a handy to-do list like the actors have, informing you of which parts are ready for your attention. Once an actor has posted a part, you are responsible for downloading all pieces, ensuring there is adequate audio quality with no background interruptions, all lines are accounted for, and there is at least one clean take of each line.

Timers: (AniDragon, for now) I would like to try and skype with you sometime to go over the procedure in detail. Once a chapter has all parts approved by various directors, the timer will download all parts and assemble the chapter into a finished product. For now, I would prefer for all final chapters to go through me before they are posted.

Offline taco

• Eat me.
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:13 PM »
Alright, well all the principal characters are good to go. I took a look at "last active" dates for the people I'm missing, and most of them I think I can safely say won't be too upset with us continuing.
Here's how things should (hopefully) go:
The work for directors and timers will be much more divided up. As of now, I am technically the only timer...

Directors: you now have a handy to-do list like the actors have, informing you of which parts are ready for your attention. Once an actor has posted a part, you are responsible for downloading all pieces, ensuring there is adequate audio quality with no background interruptions, all lines are accounted for, and there is at least one clean take of each line.

Timers: (AniDragon, for now) I would like to try and skype with you sometime to go over the procedure in detail. Once a chapter has all parts approved by various directors, the timer will download all parts and assemble the chapter into a finished product. For now, I would prefer for all final chapters to go through me before they are posted.

I mentioned to Kit that I'd be interested in helping out as a timer, it seems I should check in with you as well.  I have experience with and access to audacity and adobe audition.  I can get started whenever I'm needed. 

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2011, 02:47:42 PM »
i'm still interested for helping out, but i still don't have the book (only the ebook).  At this rate, how much longer till we get to the 8th book?
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Mr. Guy36

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
300 f****ng years.

Even people who join because others left end up not doing much