Author Topic: Animorph Game?  (Read 6919 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: Animorph Game?
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
 :'(

ya'll just skipped over my ideas 2 pages ago! LOL jk

I like Morf's thing about how the further you progress through the game, the easier it is to find rarer morphs. And it's also a good idea to not have Visser 3 appear on every Yeerk Poll mission, we don't want them getting too repetitive. as for the fighting style, it absolutely cannot be turn based, the fights in Animorphs are nowhere near organized enough for that. It should just be really unorganized and random and you never know what to expect like in Kingdom Hearts and X-men Legends. honestly, I don't care about anything else as long as the fights are good, decent story line, and there's a free roam GTA styled mode where you can basically do anything like exploring the cities, acquiring/using morphs(like flying over the city or going into the ocean, ect)
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline senter.pat

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2009, 04:27:12 PM »
Yall think it would be third or first person? third person would allow for better graphics with the morphs, but first would let you focus more on the world. myself id prefer third. And not like the third in fallout or oblivion when you switch because the controls suck for third person in those games.

Offline senter.pat

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
I also have been thinking, that the storyline has to be different then the books. Maybe it starts the same way, but the game should come up with its own story. Any ideas on what that could be?

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
I think it should still have the main storylines of the books, like the David arc and such, but we can take out the non-sense books like the cow one and Australia-Cassie. And come up with a few extra side-stories for some of the missions.

If we go for too much of a different storyline, then we run into some of the same problems the TV show did.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline senter.pat

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »
The only thing about following the storyline of the books, is that sometimes they would have to follow to exact specifications for a mission. Like in the book where cassie has to infiltrate the yeerk pool alone, theres really only one way to do it.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2009, 12:04:21 PM »
well it would be cool if there was a definite storyline that spanned the whole game, and came to a full conclusion. But it wouldnt be the book ending, it should leave room for a sequel

and then the individual missions can be based on some of the books, and then obviously they could invent a few other story missions and stuff

Offline senter.pat

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »
the books left the perfect point for a sequel
lol

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2009, 01:40:22 AM »
:o A game based on a sequel would be seriously kewl!!!

I am pondering on the advantages and disadvantages of 1st-person and 3rd-person games.
Like, the old Animorphs game had that 3rd-person view that made it feel like you were virtually floating behind the character, but there wasn't much change to the surroundings. Like, when Jake morphed the rhino, the vision of the environment DIDN'T CHANGE AT ALL to match the description of the animal's senses that were given in the series. I just think this idea, that of the animal's perspective, is a detail that made the whole gimmick for the series and SHOULDN'T BE IGNORED.
Which of the game-plays would get this across most efficiently?!

...If we go for too much of a different storyline, then we run into some of the same problems the TV show did.
Not necessarily. I mean, you want something new, right?!
It's fine to use the missions and plots and that, but what's the point of having the gameplay being e-x-a-c-t-l-y the same as the series?!

I think the game should be more focused on the player being something new to the Animorphs Universe. Call it, a new Animorph, if you will.
The player should design how they want their player to look and go on a solo venture through this new technology and new aliens thing. Then people online can join and only online get the whole 'team-mission-and-battle' experience. OR have the computer be a team-player. Lots of 3rd person games do that.

Has anyone actually thought of making an Andalite aristh the main player?!
Like, a game play on Ax's perspective of the whole series would give so much more to play with, if you really want to stick to the series. From the space battle that left him on the sinking glass-dome to the shark-acquiring to the ocean battle and all the other numerous battles... Or even Elfangor's story from the Andalite Chronicles.
I think an Andalite would have a lot more melee capacity demorphed as opposed to a human, for those that were after the fighting.

Wow dude that was alot to read lol. But that game looks awesome might have to get it now :D...
And I must apologize, for I do tend to write a lot. But only for things that strike my passion for creativity! ;D

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »
My only prefference reguarding 1st person vs 3rd person, is that if it's 3rd person, we don't use over-the-shoulder cam. I seriously can't can't over-the-shoulder cam. If we're going to do that, it might as well be 1st person. Which would get my vote, anyhow. As much as I don't like 1st person, I think it would be the best way to show the different animal perspectives.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline senter.pat

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »
I dunno anidragon, if they do first person view, they would have to make use of all the different animals senses, because if the animal has poor vision how would they incorporate that? i think over the first person would be better, but the problem is how to make that work with the animal senses.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »
I like the idea of customizing a new character cause then you'll be able to choose your specific morphs and not feel like if you choose rachel you gotta use grizzly

But I think it should def still include the team, it wouldnt be animorphs if marco wasnt cracking lame jokes in the middle of a battle and rachel wasnt screaming out lets do it as shes charging along next to you lol

It would def be great if they made their own decisions in-game and it reflected their personality. Like they werent just background pieces where you see them fighting but it doesnt mean anything, it should have an effect on how you play. You have to watch out for them, they can help you, they can make mistakes etc

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »
I think first person would definitely be the best point of view; as I said in an earlier post, the relative senses of the animals need to be incorporated.

Better vision for birds, split visions for eyes on the sides of the head of large herbivores, and compound eyes' vision for insects. Other things could be incorporated too, such as things with a high level of smell, 'whisps' of colored air could been seen that can be followed based on what you are trying to track, for things with better hearing, simply let things be heard clearer and farther away. For insects, have the entire screen vibrate near footsteps or other such things, and for things with echolocation, also give the sketch-type view that it was described as giving.

It isn't hard to at least partially represent everything, just takes a bit of creativity.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2009, 06:40:46 AM »
Agreed, Think, though I am a little challenged on the 1st person POV, now.
To convey the change in shapes and animals' capacities PLUS the environment perceptions and all, I imagine a 3rd person POV would be more visually efficient.

I dunno anidragon, if they do first person view, they would have to make use of all the different animals senses, because if the animal has poor vision how would they incorporate that? i think over the first person would be better, but the problem is how to make that work with the animal senses.
Though there could be a play with the smells and sounds, I imagine vision would be the main sense that the designers would be able to give the different sense of perspectives to the player. BUT I would rather have a perspective visual on the animal body doing the actual movements and actions as well. I can see both ways being good, but don't know which one would be more effective, you know!?
I am stuck in the middle with this one!

Perhaps 3rd person is the only way to go. With the change of morphs, the environment per si can follow up the change. Like, make things look smaller and looked down upon if the player morphs an elephant; a worm-eye view of colossal objects with Formula 1 type movements if you're a mouse; and so on... The environment change itself could be the conveying of the morphing.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
I think for battle and flying and stuff 3rd person would be the way to go. So you can actually see the animals doing all that badarse stuff

But for insects and stuff like that, 1st person would be cool because seeing an ant crawling along the floor wouldnt really be all that cool looking lol but actually diving into its eyes and maybe messing with the senses a bit for those missions could def be cool

cause think about the ant mission in #5, that could be a horror game style really scary and exciting mission, or you could be just watching an ant run down a tunnel singing "The ants are marching 2 by 2 hoora hoora"

Offline senter.pat

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
I dont think it should switch off between third and first person, usually when games do that, they focus more on the first person mode, and dont worry as much about animal animations and stuff, since if there was an option, usually first person is more effective. I think it should be first person, but i agree with gafrash, i think it could be very interesting either way.

oh, i was also thinking, how cool would online play be if you could go and defend the yeerk pool while some other people online attacked it. You have all the yeerks resources and powers but you have to defeat the animorphs.

this game could be so amazing, I have to hurry up and finish college so i can get started :P