Author Topic: Battle morphs  (Read 7354 times)

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
Re: Battle morphs
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
Most albino anythings don't live long in the wild  >:D
Wouldn't an albino tiger be entirely white as in no stripes, and have red eyes? I always thought those were the traits of albinos and that white tigers were some semi-breed, not simply albino. I never really researched tigers though.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »
Psh, I'm no scientist dork.   :D   :P  I don't know.  Honkey tigers a better term?

Either way, I don't think being slightly larger in length or weight is going to help an albino tiger much more over any other tiger.  Probably not a huge deal.  Maybe the regular tigers are less self-conscious and have more confidence since they fit in?   :P  Bwahaha.  "Yo, outcast tiger! ROAR!"

I'm lame.
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
Honkey tigers a better term?

Probably not, but I like it  ;D
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Keann

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 11:28:20 AM »
Mmm white tigers are different from albino tigers, I think it is vital to point out. You're right, albino tigers would be all white with red eyes, but the gene that makes white tigers white merely deals with the orange part, leaving the stripes. White tigers are also not a different species or a sub-species anymore than blue eyed Caucasian people are different from brown eyed Caucasian people. Its a recessive gene, and white tigers don't give birth to exclusively white tigers or anything like that, they give birth to orange tigers as well. It merely is a rare gene trait, one that both Bengal, Siberian and possibly the other members of the tiger family have as well.

Plus, this information is all on Wikipedia, I found and absorbed in like five minutes. Gotta love Wiki.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 01:20:01 AM »
I think the whole "The only thing to take on a croc is occasionally a giant snake" is pretty redic Don't giant snakes strangle their prey? How the heck would a snake take that on?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:27:49 AM by Starsword »
Until then we fight.

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 05:04:39 AM »
I'm not entirely sure, but there are pictures around of boas and anacondas or whatever constricting alligators/giant crocs to death.  I can't remember what continent, I guess if it's crocodiles it would have to be Africa or Australia.  It may have been a large alligator though, in South America or whatever.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 09:38:54 AM »
I dunno, the croc is old its done quite a lot right to survive this long. However if we're talking going against Hork-Bajir blades I don't think the croc is as indestructable as you'd think, nothing really would be.

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
Well, no, but two Hork-Bajir should have easily been able to take out a tiger or grizzly or gorilla two, so the books weren't exactly realistic in that department.

Offline Champion

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
Well, a grizzly stands at 8 feet, and hork-bajir only at seven. Thats Yao Ming next to an average 6 foot guy do i need to out line who'd win? Hork-Bajir are fast, not built and hulky like a bear.

As for the gorilla, i dont think so either.

Offline agentAK

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
...For the longest time, I wanted a cougar. Not 100% sure if I still do.
RAF marrying Estrid so we can wear pretty dresses!

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 12:00:46 AM »
Hork-Bajir are described as being insanely athletic and agile, not to mention arboreal.  Plus they have about 13 blades all over their bodies, each significantly larger than a grizzly's railspike claws from the description.

I'd say there's a pretty reasonable chance two could take down a grizzly, especially with the grizzly's poor eyesight and comparative clumsiness.

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 12:05:06 AM »
Psh, Starcraft.  Lolz I'm-a aquirez a Protoss carrier!!1!waffles.

Carrier is a mechanical unit. You can't acquire it :D
Now a Dark Templar on the other hand.......

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »
SHADDAPAYOUFACE!  I know that!   :P   :D

My serious level was, oh, you know, zero.  Silly person.  I am Zim!

Psst.  Dark Templar are traitorous and lame.  FOR AIUR, EXECUTORRR!

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 02:24:18 AM »
Chimi have you ever realized there is a striking similarity between the original Zerg (pre-Xel Naga) and the Yeerks?

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:36 AM »
It's a pretty common alien concept, dude.  The bug/slug xeno-parasite thingamajig.  It's been done since the '50s, K.A. just created a cool little universe for them to exist in.

The Zerg are basically just big muthafugly ****roaches for the Protoss to blast and then dance in a religious ritual while telepathically singing.  Or something.  "Power overwheeelming!"

Me, I'm a Terran kinda guy too.  Zergz are just target practice.   >:D