Author Topic: Battle morphs  (Read 7352 times)

Offline SageKiller

• Meow
    • DeviantArt
Re: Battle morphs
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
Black panthers do have the stealth thing going for them. It moves quietly, like all cats, but also blends in with the shadows better than a lion or tiger.
oooh yay actual good reasoning for my choice!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
Yes, black panther is a solid choice for a feline battle morph. What it loses in power, it makes up for in stealth.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 03:20:02 PM »
I used to live in Utah, so what about the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake city?

Ah, so they do exist in Utah. Never been to Salt Lake though . . . well if I ever get the morphing power or just end up end Salt Lake for whatever reason I'll know where to go, thanks  ;D
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
I wonder where the best place in Alabama would be to get a good variety of battle morphs. Or maybe one of the surrounding states.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Wyndam

• Rogue Demon Hunter
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »
For me, Lion easily. Not only is it my favorite animal, but it is just about the perfect battle morph.

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »
howler. :P

Omgz cheaterz.

lol! Yeah Howler, Metatron (with tail blade attachment as Aleron said) and other fictional creatures (Phoenix, Dragons) aside, I'd probably go for Cheetah. I'm not a fan of the spots but amazing unbeatable burst speed gets you anywhere with the reaction speed to cope with most dangers. I think my lazy attitude would suit it too!
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 10:06:10 PM »
I would pick either a Hydralisk or a Strogg heavy tank. Both have heavy armor mobility, good ranged attacks. Tank sacrifices melee attack for ranged but the Hydralisk has two giant ice picks for arms, seriously how cool is that?

But for real life I'd prolly pick a Nile crocodile or a Black Mamba snake.

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
Psh, Starcraft.  Lolz I'm-a aquirez a Protoss carrier!!1!waffles.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 10:59:50 PM »
I always liked black panther, but me repeating that would be useless. So that was just useless. But anyway, Bull. Them things can kick.
Until then we fight.

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 11:47:56 PM »
Still think a crocodile would be more or less unstoppable against any mammal predator I can think of.  Pretty much the only animals known to F with kingsize crocodiles are giant snakes.

Like, even a 9 foot grizzly or fullgrown lion wouldn't really be able to do much to get through a crocodile's plating, and if caught in a deathroll...

Grizzly caught around the legs with those jaws, crocodile starts rolling...

Eep.

Offline Wyndam

• Rogue Demon Hunter
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:43 PM »
Still think a crocodile would be more or less unstoppable against any mammal predator I can think of.  Pretty much the only animals known to F with kingsize crocodiles are giant snakes.

Like, even a 9 foot grizzly or fullgrown lion wouldn't really be able to do much to get through a crocodile's plating, and if caught in a deathroll...

Grizzly caught around the legs with those jaws, crocodile starts rolling...

Eep.

That's definitely true. It is a shame we didn't see more crocodile morphing in the series. Darn Rachel and her allergies! :P

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 12:09:42 AM »
I always thought it would have been a cool alternate fighting form for Ax.  Not sure why.  Although he seemed to be disgusted by the idea of fighting with a mouth, so whateverz.

Cassie's wolf kind of bothered me sometimes.  It just seemed a little strange they'd risk letting her fight in such a lower-powered form, y'know?  Like when there's a skirmish with some controller cops, or even security guards or whatever, I was always thinking like "one bullet...one bullet..."

It just seemed odd.  Sure, a wolf is dangerous enough if you're confronting an unarmed human.  But even a couple of mallcops or whatever with low caliber pistols could dispose of one pretty easily.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:13:04 AM by ChimichangaChupacabra »

Offline Keann

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 07:00:42 AM »
White Siberian Tiger. I always really dug the blue eyes. They are also apparently the same as other tigers, its just a random gene effect that gives them their colouration, except that..

Compared to orange tigers without the white gene, white tigers tend to be larger both at birth and at full adult size. This may have given them an advantage in the wild despite their unusual coloration. Heterozygous orange tigers also tend to be larger than other orange tigers. Kailash Sankhala, the director of the New Delhi Zoo in the 1960s, said "One of the functions of the white gene may have been to keep a size gene in the population, in case it's ever needed."

Holy **** look what I just found:

Bears are among the prey species of the Siberian tiger. Asiatic black bears and brown bears constitute 5-8% of the Siberian tiger's diet. In particular, the brown bear's input is estimated to be 1-1.5%. Certain tigers have been reported to imitate the calls of Asiatic black bears to attract them. Siberian tigers have been recorded to prey on brown bears more frequently than black bears, due to the latter's ability to escape danger by rapidly climbing trees.

Not grizzlies, but damn...

Hard to pick between rhinos, grizzles, wolves, and gorillas though. KA really knew what she was doing when she was picking morphs.

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »
Most albino predators, including tigers, don't survive to maturity in the wild anyway.

But yeah, Siberian tigers are pretty hardcore.  They're supposedly more aggressive etc than other types, Bengals and Indochinese and all, too.