Author Topic: Favorite Animorph  (Read 18697 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Favorite Animorph
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »
one life doesn't necessarily mean on earth does it? it could be a life in space...

Offline Starsword

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2009, 10:33:24 PM »
I always admired Rachel and Marco. They're pretty crafty get it done type people. I'm most like Jake I guess, but they def take the cake.
I wish Ax was actually on this site. "To where did they take the cake and who is they?" Just popped in my head.
Until then we fight.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »
one life doesn't necessarily mean on earth does it? it could be a life in space...

"The World" does not imply earth.  It could mean any world.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2009, 02:08:36 AM »
but I said a life in space...space does not count as a world...

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:59 AM »
I already conceeded the point that the equation doesn't always hold true, morf.  What more do you want?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »
something to talk about...isn't that what a forum is for?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »
Which is all fine and good, of course, but we're completely off topic.

On that note, I bet Ax could prove this equation false in at least five different ways.

Ax: <You will see, if you divide both sides of the equation by two, that the right side would very quickly bleed to death and the left side would no longer be able to support life anyway.  Alternately, if you were to differentiate both sides . . . > blah blah blah, a bunch of math talk nobody else could understand.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
I could...I understood all his explanations (or partly explanations cuz no one else listens to them...) in the books... you just need to add a little imagination to the equation and it becomes simple as pi (pun intended)...

Offline Zana89

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
My order:

Marco & Cassie
Rachel
Ax
Jake & Tobias

I loved Marco because he was funny, but also very smart. He complained a lot, but he was always there and he was loyal.
Cassie was very down-to-earth and she always stayed real. People can think she thought too much about morals, but in my opinion, that was a good thing. I realise that when you're fighting a war, you can't feel sorry for everyone and think too much about what is right and what is wrong, but at the same time, you need someone like that.
If Cassie had fought the war herself, Earth would've been invaded for sure. But if any of the others had fought the war themselves, the same thing would've happened.
What made them strong was all of them together. They were all so different and while Marco and Rachel didn't feel like there was any point discussing morals as long as they won, Cassie thought about these things a little too much. But they never didn't do something just because she didn't like it, and they never just did something because Marco and/or Rachel or someone DID like it, or said it was necessary anyway.

I can understand why people get tired of Cassie, but the series needed her. The Animorphs needed her. She was the voice of sanity, so to speak. The others all often said that Cassie was different, that she could see things on a different level and not just think about what was there at the moment. And I think it was hard for her, being the only one like that.
Of course she thought so much about morals, because she was the only one doing it. Okay, that's not true - obviously the others also wondered whether what they were doing at the moment was really okay or not, at least Jake and Tobias. But not the same way.

Also, it was simply her personality, which of course is either very likeable or unlikeable ;)

Also, the whole thing about Cassie becoming the author and ghost writers' "pet" and all these things happening to her:
From the very beginning we had it explained to us that Cassie was special. Cassie wasn't like the others, and not just personality-wise. She was special.
Maybe these things were all planned from the beginning by the author/ghost writers. Maybe there were always special things meant to happen to Cassie. We always knew she was special, so is it really that strange that these things happened (or didn't happen) to her?

I also want to say that I have only read books 1-19 + The Andalite Chronicles + Megamorphs 1 & 4. There's a lot of stuff I've read a little about, but not yet read in the actual series, so there's a lot of stuff I don't know yet.
I know that Cassie later somehow betrays them, but I also know that it then turns out that she didn't actually betray them, only the others couldn't understand that at the moment. Also something about Cassie being different and seeing things on a deeper level.
Sorry, I haven't read about that yet! ::)

Offline Starsword

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2009, 06:53:35 PM »
Yay, someone else that isn't that fond of tobias!
Until then we fight.

Offline Zana89

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2009, 07:17:57 AM »

Me?
Well, I like him, I just think he's kind of boring ;) He's not one of my favourites, hehe ;)

Offline Stasiea

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2009, 07:59:40 PM »
I like Cassie most. Why? Because I think believing in goodness at the level she does is the most brave thing. Then it's Ax, Tobias, Marco, Rachel and Jake.

Offline Zana89

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
I like Cassie most. Why? Because I think believing in goodness at the level she does is the most brave thing. Then it's Ax, Tobias, Marco, Rachel and Jake.

I agree about Cassie :)

Mira

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »
For me it depends on when you ask, I change my favourite animorph at least every week. Rachel is the only one who have never been my favourite. Right now it is... I don't know I feel like saying Cassie because no one seems to like her but I don't know. Maybe I'm changing favourite again.

I try with the narrators of my favourite books instead. Then this is mine: Jake, Ax, Cassie, Marco, Tobias and Rachel have to be the last anyway as she hadn't been my favourite yet.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »

Me?
Well, I like him, I just think he's kind of boring ;) He's not one of my favourites, hehe ;)
Yeah, I used to like him, and I never really disliked him, but he got on my nerves at times.
Until then we fight.