Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333817 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #13905 on: January 29, 2011, 11:55:06 PM »
Terenia does not respond, glaring at Temrash through the force field. Not taking her main eyes off of him she bends her front legs and reaches down, grabbing the comm link from the floor and rising back to her full height.

<You realize that your efforts to save Efaen are only making things worse,> Terenia says. <You think she wants to owe her freedom to you? A Yeerk? She would sooner remain with me.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #13906 on: January 30, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »
Corliss groans, his wounded head aching awfully from the fall and from Temrash pulling him along the ground. 

<Wake up, damn it!> he demands, frustrated, fighting against his host's unconsciousness.  <Of course he took the weapon away.  I should've known.  That dapsen thinks he's the bloody judge and jury...>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13907 on: January 30, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »
"Multiple sclerosis," Illim responds quietly, tracing his nail along the wood surface of the table. "It's a slow-progressing disease, fortunately, but it won't get any better. You'd think a treatment would've been developed by now but..." He shrugs as he trails off, distracted by the commotion caused by a newcomer to the Bar. Then he leans closer to Keshin and murmurs, "And your host?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #13908 on: January 30, 2011, 03:24:25 AM »
Hunger. Hunger! Must eat... Must. No. Must wait. Have to wait. Have to...

Four days ago, in Earth time, the Bug fighter had popped out of Z-space... in the middle of an asteroid field. This totally unexpected turn of events was rather disastrous. The Taxxon and Hork-Bajir duo managed to navigate their ship out danger's way. But despite their combined skill, they engines had been all but destroyed, and finally gave out all together. They floated through space as spectators to their own demise. Z-space had shifted. And now they were going to die.

Iosse 413 was glad that he'd fed right before they'd jumped. Kradil 278 wasn't so lucky. Iosse played ever situation imaginable in his mind, and they all ended with the Hork-Bajir slicing him open after his Yeerk died of Kandrona Starvation. All of them... except for one. Somehow, after trying desperately to contact someone – anyone – and failing, Kradil was able to accept their situation enough to sleep. He never woke up. It had been so easy for him to give in to his host's hunger, and it was simple enough to direct the Taxxon's mouth toward a place that was definite to kill. Sure, he'd received several gashes during the brief skirmish that oozed tantalizing fluids and smells, but he'd heal, assuming that he didn't eat himself first.

As hard as it was, Iosse managed to pace himself with the limited food supply onboard, which now included a rather convenient source of fresh meat. It took all of his willpower over his host's own to not devour the entire stock of foodstuffs and friends in that first hour. But all his efforts were in vain....

Three days passed. Iosse writhed in pain, screamed at, through, and with his host, while he died of starvation. And now, for the first time in his memory, the Taxxon was alone....

Panic filled his mind. Where would he find food? What would he eat? He couldn't starve to death like his Yeerk had. Must eat. Must eat now. No, must wait. So hungry... so hungry... The only thing keeping Iosse -for that is how he still referred to himself- from finishing off his provisions was the fact that the Bug fighter's sensors notified him of a slight pull on the ship. It was the gravitational force of a small planetoid. This was satisfying to his panicked mind, even if only slightly. What if there was no food there? The ship accelerated as it got closer, the asteroid grew bigger and bigger, faster and faster. What if all of his food was destroyed on impact? That thought scared him more than the crash itself. With that in mind, he finished off what was left of Kradil 278's host body.

Then there was the crash. There was pain. There was... darkness.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #13909 on: January 30, 2011, 08:16:22 AM »
<Refreshment is irrelevant. Rest is irrelevant. We must regain our sh-i-i-ip.>

We have never experienced a malfunction like this. Checking database....disconn ected from database! No! How can I survive? I?

<We also need access to your computer data. We need the information to fix this drone's malfunction.>

We started to walk towards the door again...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13910 on: January 30, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
"I won't say I'd have no use of a favor from a morph capable Andalite. Even one I don't trust." Temrash said. "Even if I did ask for a small favor that would harm the Empire, would Efaen rather be a slave for the rest of her life than strike a small blow and forget about me? Does she insist on being a controller?"

<Surely you won't be able to interact with your ship until it's pulled out and fixed.> Claxter said, trying to keep him inside. <I will contact you when I'm finished.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13911 on: January 30, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »
<Does it matter?> Terenia counters. <If you flush me out Efaen will not repay any favor. She will be humiliated, and in the end find a way to blame you so that she can relieve herself of the need to repay you. She may even try to kill you. How are you helping anyone by letting her free? You say that I am unstable, but what of my host? She is so brainwashed by her Andalite cousins that she still refuses to believe a rebellion even exists! You honestly think that I am more of a threat than she is?>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13912 on: January 30, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
"Her attitude would still allow her to live within Andalite society. I can't say the same for yours. A hatred for Yeerks is not as bad as a lethally manipulative personality. As for trying to kill me, she can get in line. There are top Andalite generals with virtual reality simulators going just so they can practice all their ideas of killing me. The Council is wracking their brains trying to put me to death."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #13913 on: January 30, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »
Theta looked at him. If he had not been an emotionless drone it would've been with a look of pure disdain. Well, of course, if he wasn't a mindless drone he would be free, and he would be happy. But bear with us...

<You mortals think in so little dimensions. There are a number of way we could access this information. One of them is that drones and ships are linked as drones and drones are.>

Must...regain...control...

<Bu-u-ut...I coul-ould accomplish-compli-plish this from my pres-en-nt location just a-a-as effective-vely.>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:05:30 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13914 on: January 30, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
Terenia laughs. It is a loud, slightly manic sound, as though she is a bit unfamiliar with it. <You certainly think highly of yourself, Yeerk. You think the Council of Thirteen has nothing better to do than try to kill you? You are a thorn in their side, no doubt, but one escaped Visser and his "connections" isn't enough to get them up in arms. They have more important things to do than worry about you. That's what underlings are for. Perhaps it is you who suffer delusions, not I or my host.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13915 on: January 30, 2011, 03:02:42 PM »
"Oh, so you know so much about Vissers? I hadn't realized. Tell me, how high has your rank been? How many times have you gone to Council meetings and talked to them personally? You know them so well? You think they wouldn't be too bothered when a single digit Visser decides to run off and do as he pleases? I was a top general in their military, with enough information and connections to destroy them. And destroy them I will. You really think I'm just a fool. The fact is that I've changed, and thank your lucky stars I have. You wouldn't like me as I was back then. You think Visser Three was bad. I could do worse when I was ticked off because I am competent. At least as far as battles and commanding go. Don't pretend you know so much about the Council of Thirteen, Human child. Neither of you have the slightest idea, and how could you?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13916 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »
<You sound like you're trying to convince yourself ad much as me.> Terenia responds flatly. <You think you can do worse than Visser Three? Go on, then. Give it a shot, silly Yeerk. Silly, stupid Yeerk with all of your delusions of grandeur.>

She knows that it is dangerous, daring Temrash like this, but she does not care. He has pushed her hand and she is beginning to realize that there are limited escape routes. She has to play the only cards she has.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13917 on: January 30, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
<You ever think maybe we not so big threat to council?> Jagill asked, genuinely curious about what Terenia was saying.

<Shut up! Of course we are a threat! I will destroy the Council and save my people from them, the Andalites, and whoever else I need to!>

<...Not tell me to shut up.> Jagill said.

<Sorry. This is just...really starting to frustrate me.>

<I forgive. You not let child make you so mad.>

"And what exactly are you daring me to do, Terenia? If I took your little dare, what would be the terms, and what would we wager?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13918 on: January 30, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
<I'm the prisoner,> Terenia says, gesturing to the makeshift cell that has her cornered near the wall. <Clearly all that I desire is my freedom. What you desire...I don't really know. You seem to change your mind depending on how the wind is blowing. When I first arrived here you tried to help me. Then you shoved me aside. Then you told me to keep my host in check, the very host you are now trying to free. You are a confusing creature. If you changed your position this often in the Empire, it is no wonder why you left.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13919 on: January 30, 2011, 04:01:51 PM »
"You're taking things out of context. I offered you help, which you passed up. I told you to keep your host in check because she was threatening Corliss, who I used to consider an ally. You're being imprisoned because you're nuts, and I'm actually trying to help you. I'm also trying to help Efaen because I like to see Yeerks and hosts getting along. Not that Efaen needs to be a host at all, much less someone like you."

"Corliss is supposed to be talking to you right now, but he's shown himself not to be trustworthy. He keeps saying he needs a dracon for protection, and I get the feeling it's for protection from you."

Claxter was somewhat at a loss. what could he say? He wished his superior was here, or at least someone with more experience.

Ani-Master 2014!