Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333613 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11700 on: November 15, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
Myitt follows Ossanlin outside of the ship, gently grabbing his Hork-Bajir arm.

"I'm glad you are all right," she replies.

Tara looks up from kicking rocks, hands stuffed sullenly in her pockets.

"Finally!" she cries.  She peers up at the Hork-Bajir.  "Who is that?  Ossanlin?  You're okay!"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11701 on: November 15, 2010, 08:11:30 PM »
Salem registered what Mar had said... just a bit too late. The guy had already moved to the bar, and was glaring at him. Typically, he wouldn't care one way or another if he came across as rude, but he'd seen Mar fly through the air, and that was reason enough for a bit of interest in him. He shook his head. Apparently his mind wasn't as clear as he'd thought.

"Excuse me a sec, gentlemen," he said, standing up. He walked over to the bar and stood beside Mar. "The War Prince's injury was accidental. The attempt to heal him was not." He waved a hand in the direction of their table. "Care to join us? I'm sure my friend will offer to let me pay for your drink," he said with a smirk.

When Salem stood up, Al looked at Rayker and Jackson. "Let me think... ancient Earth... you guys know how to play poker?" he asked, pulling a deck of playing cards from behind his back and beginning to shuffle them. Without waiting for an answer, he called to Trey, "Hey, kid, you want in?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #11702 on: November 15, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
John turned and rammed into the side of the ship with the Traveler's nose-mounted docking port. The ships stuck and the port opened. "We're coming with you. Come on Bear!" I got up and followed John as he waited for Vogefak to lead the way.

When they got to the "Pride" Dara went and followed Jagill. He knocked on the door. "Hey, it's Dara."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #11703 on: November 15, 2010, 09:42:41 PM »
Ossanlin stops as Tamora/Myitt grabs his arm.  It makes him stop and think.  Unexpectedly he turns towards Myitt's current vessel and pulls Tamora's body into a hug, a highly emotional and rather un-Ossanlin-like gesture.  One learned not to show things in war, or one stopped feeling things and there was nothing to show.  He was doubly careful with his blades of course, but he hugged tight once he knew she was in a position where she wouldn't get cut or filleted.  Twice he had escaped death this day by the tip of his tail...both times he'd shrugged it off by continuing to move, to do things and deal with the situation.  Now that there was no crisis...it all came back.  He had thought those two near-death experiences had been nothing, that they hadn't affected him.  He was wrong.

<Thanks to you I am.  And Claxter as well I suppose...though he was the one who lost custody of his prisoner in the first place.>  He turns his eyes on Tara, pulling back from the visual form of Terenia and Tamora as if suddenly realizing what he'd done.  <Yes Tara...I seem to be whole again.>  He steps another step back.  <It is strange...seeing you Tara and knowing that Myitt is over here.  You two seem almost inseparable in my mind.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #11704 on: November 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
Silver looked to Charlotte and then Morgan. She had tried a smile for Charlotte before hugging her father around the waist. When he mentioned that he had....hard...news to tell her, she nodded silently, not trusting her voice.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11705 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:44 PM »
Myitt hugs Ossanlin back.  It was rare for her to receive such a display of camaraderie, and even rarer for her to show it, but she had died once this week

...had I?

and had nearly died only an hour or so ago.  She hugs her friend tightly, then pulls away and looks over at Tara.

<You have no power over me, human,> Myitt replies to Tamora.  <Zorish's death will always weigh on me, whether I am within you or not.  As for your love for him, I am sorry.  I know now how you truly felt about each other, and I wish I could bring him back without him being an inadvertent threat to my people.>

---

Tara waves excitedly.  "Yeah, I know.  It's nuts, right?" she exclaims.  "Which reminds me, we need to get Tamora under control and get things back to the way they should be."

Myitt looks up from a daze, sharply, and shrugs.

"Already have her under control," she calls back.  Then she grins.

---

Corliss steps into the pool room area, where the pool from earlier is still warmed and relatively clean.  He reactivates the Kandrona wave/particle generator and sighs, looking down at the pool surface.  He drums his fingers on the metal lip of the big round tub.

<Don't worry,> Mike assures him cheekily.  <I won't do anything that'd embarrass you, mate.>

<Yes, I know,> Corliss replies glumly.  <After all, you have yet to meet them, proper.>

<Yeah, I guess I have.>

<Well.>

<Geroff, then.>

<Fine then, I will.>

Corliss smirks and leans over the pool, tilting Mike's head as he starts to dislodge from his host.  His slimy, gray-green body takes a few moments to writhe out of the human's head, before he slips under the pool surface.

Mike, after a few seconds' delay, curses and rubs at his ear. 

"Bloody oily mess on me uniform," he murmurs, brushing at his black collar, which is a bit soaked.  He glances at the doorway back into the cabin, suddenly anxious. 

Alone with a girl.  Well, sort of a girl.  A sort-of-girl he'd kissed.  Well, Corliss had kissed.  With his own lips.

Which he now chews, nervously.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:46:18 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11706 on: November 16, 2010, 02:56:08 AM »
"Well, it's a long story. It... Oh." Rayker says right as Salem excuses himself. He is pleasantly surprised when Al starts up a game of poker. "Yeah, I do! There isn't anything ancient about that!" Rayker said, a little more excitedly than was characteristic of him.

"It's an 'American' thing... I have no clue how you play it. No matter how many times he tries to show me..." Jackson says.

"He ain't too good at cards." Rayker poked at Jackson. "Now, poker isn't worth the time if you ain't bettin'. What's the annie?"

"Huh?"

Carson and the others were upset when the CG ship escaped... supposedly it was never coming here again, but so what? It wasn't here that Desmond had nuked to get new ships for himself. Despite their desire to give chase (which they really weren't in a position to do anyway) the Beta Squad waited on the Pride as it made its way back to the asteroid. 'Desmond' had left the main area, which was just fine with Carson. He could hardly keep himself from blasting his face in. He was anxious for when the others on the ship were through with him... they had waited so long for this day.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11707 on: November 16, 2010, 08:56:14 AM »
Mar raises an eyebrow at Salem's offer of camaderie, looking slightly skeptical about the whole thing. As far as he could see, this man and the bounty hunters had riled up nearly the entire Bar in their efforts to escape. But on the other hand, Mar was clueless about what had actually happened. Perhaps this...person could enlighten him.

"Fine," states Mar, standing up beside Salem. "I'll take your little offer, though you have proven yourself quite dangerous and volatile. Why, exactly, did you help the bounty hunter? You could have remained here and allowed them to die. Though it is not my business exactly, my friend almost died. And he is one of the only real friends I have."

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11708 on: November 16, 2010, 09:17:45 AM »
((Thanks for keeping it going Cobra! :) ))

Vogefak
–––––––––
 John rammed into my ship with incredible adroitness.

"We're coming with you." he proclaimed. I was glad he was. My brother probably had Sol-Claws on both hands, and ERA-pads(Energy Reflective Armor) on right now! There was no way I was taking him on alone.

I ran into the ship. Fenebok had gone to far. As far as I was concerned, he no longer had any honor to spare. Vogefak ripped open a locked cabinet along the hallway. Fenebok had made his DNA imprint invalid. He grabbed a pair of Sol-Claws and put them on. They fitted themselves to his wrists, and the energy started to flow.

He turned to John: "You sure you do not want a Sol-Claw glove?"

––––––––
Fenebok
––––––––

John's ship rammed into mine. He disabled all my ventral Phase'r arrays, and I would not risk having some electron torpedos rushing back at my ship just to hit his. They were on their way to the bridge already. I knew Vogefak well. But...I would not give up my ship...not yet.

"Computer. Set course for the Aurkawzen sector. System: Kkijey, Planet: Loledek."

The computer calculated his route at the prodigious speed computers were designed to reckon. There was a flaw, as the computer saw it.

~"That planet is the location of a fledgling Kqorrian colony. An attempt to penetrate the outer reaches will draw the attention of a Kqorrian Star-Hawk."~

Fenebok hesitated for a minute, and then: "Noted. Set course and engage at maximum speed on my mark.……………mark!"

Fenebok watched as the stars lengthened in front of him. He smiled a Reptilinod smile as he reveled in his own intelligence.

"Now brother," he began, "You will see how far a true Reptilinod is willing to go for honor."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:22:33 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11709 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
When they got to the "Pride" Dara went and followed Jagill. He knocked on the door. "Hey, it's Dara."

Temrash heard the knock on the door. "Yes Dara. Please come in." He said as he typed on the computer in the room. "That little excursion seems to be about over. I suppose we should resume fixing your problem. You wanted to save your parents. what were their names again?" He asked. He hadn't memorized them, and wasn't in Jagill's head to go through his memories.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11710 on: November 16, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
The Pride landed back in it's spot by the bar, but inside it didn't seem as if anyone was in a hurry to leave.

Asda had gone off to the sick bay to bandage up her arm. Fletcher's body was fetched by a couple of crewmen and taken down there as well so his body could be prepared for burial.

"I expect you in sick bay to get those ribs taken care of!" Asda instructed Morgan before she left.

Andromeda excused herself to her quarters for a much needed rest. She wasn't used to so much excitement like the others were.

Meanwhile, Desmond could not help but reveal the secrets he was holding to the creature in his head. It sickened him that after being in control of others for so many years, something else was in control of him.

The whole purpose behind the project was to see if they could genetically modify soldiers to be more powerful. Morgan was their most successful attempt to date and the Organization was loathe to give him up. The Organization figured that if they could engineer the more difficult subjects, then simple modifications would be no problem. But why aim small?

"I'm ready to explain if you are," Morgan said to Silver. He winced as he knelt beside her, holding his ribs.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11711 on: November 16, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
"News travels fast around here, doesn't it?" Salem said to Mar. "I had my reasons for helping the bounty hunter. Personal stuff. The Andalite insisted on throwing himself in harm's way to prevent it. I don't want a War-Prince's blood on my hands if I can help it. Especially one as potentially useful to me as Ossanlin." He turned and walked back to the table, plopping down in his chair again and taking a bite of his quivering noodles.

"We'll find something to bet once we know how to play," Al said with a grin. He wasn't used to meeting people who knew how to play these kinds of games. "The game's actually pretty simple. Five Card Draw, I think this variation was called. See..." Salem cut him off.

Salem groaned, "Oh, man, not this game. I can never keep everything straight, with all the little symbols and the things you say were numbers back then and the shuffling..."

Al grinned. "This one's a different game than the one I tried to show you before. It just uses the same cards. It's easy." He began explaining the rules of the game.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #11712 on: November 16, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
Tora picks her way across the gravel ship yard back towards her smoldering Bug fighter. It looks even worse on the outside than the inside, especially with the black smoke still pouring from the destroyed engine.

More concerning to her than her ship's damage, however, is her strange conversation with Terenia. She cannot fathom why Corliss likes and trusts her, nor can she imagine what Terenia must have told Reven to convince him her presence would be an asset to the Rebellion. It seems that having another Andalite involved can only spell trouble for Tora.

She takes a slow, deep breath and entered her ship, heading straight for the crates of canned goods. She grabs two pallets but is unable to support more, even with her strong human arms, so she straightens. The noxious fumes make her wobble, but she closes her eyes and starts moving back towards where she hopes the open hatch is.

As Elayne reaches her ship, she removes her wrench from her tool belt. Rather than moving forward to remove damaged parts to repair them inside, however, she stands with most of her weight on one leg, opposite hip jutting out, wrench listlessly hanging from her fingers, and a pensive look on her face. Repairing her ship appears to be the last thing on her mind.
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11713 on: November 16, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »
"Oh, Okay. That makes way more sense than when the Sarge tries explaining it..." Jackson commented. "I'll give it a shot..."

Carson was restless; he couldn't stand just waiting there, with Desmond on the other side of the wall, a prisoner in his own body. He wanted to be done with the matter already. It had claimed so much of his life, and he wanted to carry on with what was left of it. But that idea disturbed him... what was he going to do now that his life's purpose was completed? He tried to ease the tension in himself with idle small talk. "So what was the grudge you had against that... scum? He has quite a record."

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11714 on: November 16, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
Scinlao walked to the doorway and stood at the doorpost, leaning against it. He noticed there were more ships outside. He saw some people that looked like they could use a better life. He understood. His life wasn't exactly renowned. Time was cruel to everyone. Just as good friends eventually argue about one thing or another. He wished he was out in space. He was headed for the B'pt Freuz colony when his ship broke down. He was headed for a job application. Now it looked like he'd never get their. Oh well. He never had much good time anyways.

He sips his drink again.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother