Author Topic: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey  (Read 15988 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 06:22:10 AM »
Chapter Sixteen:

I stared at Sylar as he walked towards me. I wasn't going to die without a fight. I managed to slip my hand into my pocket, and pull out my lighter. Sylar was staring right at me, he was sure to notice. I dragged myself up, holding onto the wall behind me with one hand, and while doing so, I used the lighter.
A spark was all I really needed, as long as it was big enough. I got a tiny flame. I made it turn into a fireball, in my hand.

Sylar looked surprised. He flicked his hand, making the lighter zoom out of my hand and fall just out of my reach.
It didn't matter, I had the fire now. I manipulated the flame to climb up both of my arms. I threw a fire ball straight towards him. He telekinetically made the fire zoom back at me.
"It doesn't hurt me." I said, speaking in a deeper voice than my own.
It made him looked surprised again, because he was expecting Dale's voice.
"Who are you? You're not really Dale are you? You were there, in Texas, at the school, weren't you?" He asked.
I ignored him, and made almost all the fire zoom really fast towards him. Because it was slightly unexpected, he didn't make it turn around and hit me instead.

"Ah!" He yelled. While he was distracted, I walked awkwardly to the exit. Sylar walked faster than me unfortunately, because I was injured. He stood next to the exit, and hit me across the face, I fell backwards yet again.

I looked up, to see where Sylar was, and got hit again out of nowhere. I heard a noise coming from the exit, and Sylar must have heard it too, he turned around to look. There was no one there. Since Sylar was distracted, it would be the perfect moment to strike. I lunged out with my foot, hitting his left leg, on the other side of his knee, making him stumble forwards and fall down.

I couldn't move much more than that, I was tired, and I was starting to feel drowsy. My head fell back. I heard Sylar groan, then he got back up. I knew I was going to die. I just hoped it didn't hurt too much, but it's Sylar, so of course it will hurt.

"Hey!" It was Dale's voice coming from the door.
"No." I whispered. "No!" I said a bit louder. I tried to get up, I had to get her out of there.
I could hear Sylar's footsteps, walking away from me.
"What are you doing?" Dale said loudly. "Get the hell out of here."

That woman was clearly insane. I tried to help her, and now she's crazy enough to come back and try and help me. I could barely move.
"Get out of here!" I managed to say, but probably not loud enough. I heard a bit of fighting, and then Dale began to scream. Sylar was killing her.

I turned my head, and I managed to see Dale fall to the ground, the top of her head basically missing. Sylar leaned down, I grabbed a spanner or something from the ground and chucked it at him. It hit him in the back of the head. He shot a look back at me, but continued with what he was doing.

I had to get out of there. Once he was done with her, I was next and I couldn't let that happen now that I had a chance to escape. I crawled as fast as I could towards the exit. I grabbed onto a nearby table and hauled myself up. I hobbled out of there as fast as possible. I threw a hologram around me so that he couldn't see me.

I sat down for a while, down the road, away from the house. I had to get far enough away because now that Sylar had the super hearing, he would easily be able to find me. I made it back to the motel room, I assume I was later than Sylar, but I had no way to tell. I went into the bathroom, and cleaned up the blood. I had gotten a blood nose, which had now stopped. My eyebrow didn't look too good, with a slight cut. I had various bruises all over, but I couldn't do anything about those.

I stared into the mirror, when something caught my eye. It was on my neck, just slightly hidden by my t-shirt. Two little black marks. I had forgotten to check for those, after I was kidnapped and all, it should have been the first thing I checked. I got a knife from the kitchen, and I cut them out. It hurt like hell, but I didn't want those marks there. I found a bandaid and put it over the top of them. I had to remember to keep that hidden from everyone.

I went back to the couch, and pulled the blanket over me. It was cold and I was in pain, I hoped I felt slightly better in the morning, because I couldn't let Sylar know it was me that he fought with.
I finally managed to get to sleep, but it wasn't a good sleep, I was having a nightmare about being killed. I had just narrowly made it out of there alive. I was lucky.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »
Chapter Seventeen:

In the morning, I didn't want to get up. Mohinder came over and woke me up. I groaned.
"Gimme ten more minutes" I mumbled. Finally I dragged myself out of bed and went to go get ready. I made sure I was presentable, because I couldn't let Sylar know it was me.
We loaded all our stuff into the car. I looked at Sylar. He was acting the same as yesterday. He was really good at playing nice.

Mohinder got in the drivers seat, and me and Sylar got into the car as well. I kept my eye on Sylar though. When we got closer to Dale's house, Sylar looked like he was in pain.
"Zane, are you alright?" Mohinder asked him.
"Yea." He muttered. "It's just a headache."
"Ok. Sit tight, I'll be back."

He looked like he was in a lot of pain now. I was glad. He twitched his head. "Ah!"
"What's up with you?" I asked.
He looked back at me. He was struggling to keep in character.
"Just... a…headache." He said slowly and quietly.
I felt like screaming in his ear, he deserved it. I wasn't able to save her, and I was pretty angry that I didn't get to.

"Hello?" Mohinder said loudly, walking into the garage. "Anybody here?"
"Ah!" Sylar muttered again. He opened his window. "Maybe we should just come back, Mohinder." He said.
"Dale?" Mohinder ran back out, and began to cough and was probably vomiting. Sylar got out of the car. I already knew what it was, but I figured I should get out anyways.
"Mohinder, what's the matter?" Sylar asked.

Mohinder pointed inside.
I followed Sylar inside, but he was ahead of me.
"Ugh" I muttered. I just slightly managed to see the smile on Sylar's face. He turned to look at me, but I had already turned away slightly.
He twitched his head strangely. He went over to Mohinder. He had his phone out, and was pressing buttons.
"What are you doing?" Sylar asked.

"Dialling 911!" Mohinder replied.
"Do you think that's a good idea?"
"What are you talking about? She was murdered!"
"But what were we doing here?"
"What do you mean? We found her!" Mohinder said.
"How?" Sylar said. "Why? Look at us, where did we come from, how did we get here? Can we explain any of this without looking completely insane?"

"The top of her head was removed. It was Sylar! I don't.. I mean, how?"
"Sylar." Sylar said, looking around.
"We have to warn them, everyone on the list. He's after them. We'll leave now, and we'll call the police from a phone on the road. Come on." He went back to get into the car, and so did I.
"Ah!" Sylar said, bringing his hand up to his ear.
"Zane, are you okay?" Mohinder said. He started the car up. I was already in the car too.
Sylar hopped in. Mohinder began to drive us out of there.

On the road, kinda far away from there, Mohinder called the police, and told them about Dale being murdered. I was surprised that Mohinder didn't suspect anything. I mean.. It's just something I would suspect. Especially since 'Zane' hadn't told us much about himself and everything.
Mohinder decided the best thing to do would be going back to New York.

We got back to New York later that night. I was worried because I knew that soon Mohinder would find out about Sylar, I just wasn't sure when. It could even be today.
I went home earlier, to grab some things, but I didn't want to take too long just in case Mohinder found about Sylar while I was gone.

When I got back, Mohinder was doing something on his computer. Sylar found the list and was looking at it.
"So this is the list." Sylar said.
"Yes. What's left of it, most of these people are missing, or dead. I want to run your DNA sample against my father's formula."
Mohinder had taken a DNA sample from me before we met Sylar, but he used Sylar's DNA.

"I'm going to take you someplace safe." Mohinder said.
"This is your father's formula." He looked over Mohinder's shoulder. "How he made the list, how he found me."
I stood on the other side of Mohinder. I wasn't ever on the list, which is expected.
"Yes, but I haven't figured out what IT is looking for. A specific gene? There are 3 billion base pairs in human DNA. It’s a proverbial needle."

"Did my DNA help?" Sylar asked
"No." Mohinder replied. He stood up.
"Okay, well Mohinder, you've been driving all night, why don't you just take a break?"
"I can't. These people are in danger. We have to warn them. If Sylar gets to them first –"
"Exactly. So let me help. I mean, here." He walked over to the map of the world. "This one is in New York, Um Isaac Mendez. I'll call him, and you just relax, just take a minute."

"You're very kind, Zane, thank you." He went off towards the sink, as the kettle began to whistle.
"You have no idea how alone I used to feel. Insignificant. You've given me hope."
"Hope is great. We need caffeine."
Sylar smiled. "So this formula, if you figure it out, how many of us will you find." He picked up the phone to call Isaac.
"Who knows." Mohinder said. He picked up the tea. I went over and took one from him.
"Hundreds? Thousands? Maybe more."
"No. It's busy." Sylar said, putting down the phone.

I remembered this. Mohinder knew. Mohinder knew that he was Sylar. I thought he would tell me, but he didn't.
"I'll get him later." He took a cup from Mohinder. He held it up in the air. "To new friends."

I was far away. I knew what would happen now. I should have told Mohinder not to do it. It doesn't work out. Sylar drank some of his tea.
"This is good, what is it?" He asked.
"Chai. It’s a special blend my father brought from India."
Sylar drank some more. He cleared his throat. "Who are we gonna call next?" He asked.
"No one." Mohinder replied. "I already have you. Mr. Sylar." He dropped his cup and it crashed on the floor. His eyes began to close, and he fell to the floor.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 06:24:34 AM »
I realised I've been slow with this lately, it went over to page 2 shocked so I had to post again.

Chapter Eighteen

"You know that probably wasn't the best idea." I told Mohinder.
"Oh and why's that?" He asked.
I helped move Sylar to a chair. Mohinder set up an IV.
"Well you could have warned me first before drugging him. He trusted you, and you could have played along with that for a bit longer. Now he'll be pissed."
"I had to do something." He said.
"Then why not call the police and have them do it, instead of you. It's revenge isn't it? You want revenge."

Sylar woke up soon after that.
"I can't feel my fingers." He mumbled.
Mohinder told him what it was. "It induces paralysis of the brain, which means you can't control your abilities."
Sylar jumped, trying to get out of the chair.
"Whoever you think I am, I'm not." He said.

"You are the man who murdered my father. Do you still expect me to believe you're Zane Taylor?" He showed Sylar his computer. "Zane was killed. Three days ago. The same day I met you. You thought you were so clever giving me his DNA." He pulled a tuning fork out of his pocket. "You're a parasite. You killed my father and fed off his work." He hit the tuning fork on the table, and brought it to Sylar's ear.
"Let me hear you say it."
"Ahh" Sylar muttered.
“Tell me your name! Say it!”
Sylar screamed.

"I want to hear you say it!"
"Ahh… Sylar." He muttered. He breathed loudly.
"There's only one thing to do with a parasite. Kill it. Before it kills again." He went over to his desk and pulled the gun from the drawer.
'You're just like your father. Murderers, the both of you."
"I'm a scientist." Mohinder said.
Sylar laughed. "Your father said that but he kept leading me to –"

"He had no idea what you were."
"He knew. He may not have admitted it, but after all, we were making so much progress together, why would he stop."
"You know nothing about my father!" Mohinder yelled, pulling the gun on Sylar.
"Whoa. Mohinder. I don't think that's a good idea." I warned.

"I know everything." Sylar said. "He confided in me. He told me things he felt he could never tell you. Things about your sister, Shanti. He thought you were too… What's the word.. Fragile, to know the truth." He moved closer to the gun. "That's why he liked me. You were always seeking to prove it, while I provided stimulation. He gave up on you. But he adored me. Now who's the real parasite here?" He said angrily.
Mohinder pulled the gun away.

"You're right. My father did want answers." He put the gun down on the desk. "He called you patient zero. You're the template he used to create this formula. You're the key to unlocking its secrets." He opened a box and pulled something out. I saw it was a needle.
"As much as I'd like to, killing you will not give me what I need."
"So what are you gonna do?" Sylar asked.
"I'm going to take a sample of your spinal fluid." He leaned close to his ear, and whispered, "And it's going to hurt."

He pushed Sylar's head forward. "You might do some good before you die.'
Mohinder injected the needle and Sylar screamed.
Once he got the spinal fluid, he placed it on the desk and went back to his computer.
"I finally found it. That's it, these four simple genes answer everything. I can make a new list, I can find them, save them." Mohinder said.
"And what about me?" Sylar asked. "Don't I deserve to be saved? Or am I just a victim too. I didn’t ask for this."

"And what would you have me do?"
"Help find a way. Give me salvation." He said. "Give me that damn list so I can sink my teeth in!" He yelled. He looked at me.
"And you. You're on the list, aren't you?" He asked. "Why else would you be here."
"Um, I'm here for moral support?" I replied. "Plus I make a damn good cup of tea"
Mohinder stood up and walked over to him.
"I'm a natural progression of the species. Evolution is a part of nature and nature kills, simple, right."
"What you've done is not evolution. It's murder. What I am doing, is revenge."
"Mohinder you're crazy." I said to him. I hadn't even seen him pick up the gun, but now he pointed it at Sylar.

"Now I can fulfil my duties as a son." Sylar closed his eyes.
"You're crazy." I said, shaking my head. I knew this wouldn't work. It was a bad idea. "I'd say don't do it, but I know you will anyways."
Mohinder pulled the trigger. *BANG*
Mohinder looked at Sylar, confused. Sylar had stopped the bullet in mid air. It dropped to the floor.

"I wasn't begging for my life. I was offering you yours."
The straps on his hands began to come off. He stood up. "You are your father's son. So determined, you didn't even notice I stopped the IV." He turned it on and off.
"Don't worry. You might actually do some good before you die. Starting with that list." He walked over to Mohinder.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 06:25:48 AM »
Chapter Nineteen:

"You." Sylar said to me. "The other night. It was you, wasn't it?"
"What?" I asked.
"That woman, Dale, you tried to save her. Well I guess we'll find out won't we?"
Aw crap, I was so screwed.
He walked over to me, but I walked backwards, away from him. He pointed at me, but I quickly shot to the other side of the room using my super-speed.
His eyes followed me around the room.

"You can run, but you can't hide." He said.
Ha ha. Now I'm more scared. Not really.
I saw Mohinder picking up the gun. Aw man. He pointed it at Sylar.
Sylar used his telekinesis to make the gun zoom out of his hands and hit the wall.
He made Mohinder slam back into the wall and fall to the floor. Sylar turned back to me.
I threw a hologram of myself, like a dozen clones of me in the room.
"Nice trick."

The thing was, I couldn't make the holograms attack him instead of me, because they weren't really there.
"Yea I thought so." I made all the holograms say at once.
He looked around at all of us, trying to find out which was the real one. I could hide myself inside the hologram if I wanted. But either way, he had to figure it out eventually.

I made all of the Claire's zoom around the room. It looked so cool, the room was like a blur.
"I can hear your heartbeat." He said, looking directly at where I stood. I made the holograms talk. It was crazy. I zoomed across to another part of the room.

"You'll get tired eventually.” He said, looking at all of the holograms.
A knock at the door distracted him.
"Suresh?" The door opened. It was Peter.
"No, Peter don't come in here!" I quickly yelled, but it was too late, Peter had walked in. The door slammed shut, because Sylar used his telekinesis.
"I remember you." He said. He looked back at me. He used his telekinesis to slam Peter into the wall. "Still won't stop running?" He asked me. "Well I'll kill him instead."

He held his hand around Peter's throat. "You're like me aren't you? I'd like to see how that works."
"No!" I yelled, running over to him, but he threw out his arm, which I ran straight into of course, and fell backwards slightly. He telekinetically threw me across the room, and I fell to the floor. Man I was sick of that damn power.

Sylar pointed at Peter, and started to cut his head open. Peter started screaming. Then he started to heal. He used telekinesis to throw Sylar across the room. Man how I wish I could have been the one to do that.
Sylar hit a cupboard, making glass shards fall around him, then he fell to the ground.

Peter came over to me. "You okay?"
I groaned and stood up. "Yea I guess." I looked at Mohinder and leaned down. I shook him. "Mohinder? Mohinder? Wake up!" I said.
His eyes fluttered open.
Then Sylar stood up.
"Oh no. I'm not done with him yet." Sylar said.

I looked at Peter. "Go invisible, I can do that too.. sort of." I said quietly.
Peter went invisible and I threw a hologram around me.
Sylar looked around the room. "Interesting, I can't wait to try that one. "He telekinetically brought a bunch of glass shards up into the air. Whoa oh's.
I got to a safe place with my super-speed.
Sylar looked around.

"Peter, duck!" I said. Just as I was saying that, Sylar shot the glass everywhere.
A piece of glass hit Peter's head. God dammit! Every time I try to change something it goes wrong. Peter fell to the ground. Sylar stepped closer to Peter.
Mohinder had gotten up, and pushed the map of the world straight at Sylar and they both fell to the ground. I got rid of my hologram and walked over to Mohinder. He crawled over to Peter.
"Oh my god! Peter? Peter!" He said.
"Let's get out of here. We'll bring him."

We both hauled him outside and put him in Mohinder's taxi.
"Take him to his family." I said. "He'll be okay, don't worry." I began to walk back towards the apartment.
"Wait, where are you going?" He asked.

"I'll catch up with you later, I just have to do something."
I went back to Mohinder's apartment, and slightly opened the door a little bit.
I looked in, and Sylar was holding a piece of paper. "Isaac Mendez" He muttered.
He stood up and walked towards the door. I shot out of there like a bullet, and went to find Isaac.
I needed to save Isaac, and probably nearly die trying, but I was getting used to having my ass kicked by now. Luckily I had remembered where he lived. Reed Street. I took a taxi there.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 06:26:36 AM »
Chapter Twenty

I finally got there, and before Sylar too.
"Isaac! You're in danger!" I said.
"I know." He said, pointing to a couple of paintings. They were paintings of him screaming, and another one had him without the top of his head. He had just finished a new one, of Sylar standing near him.
"I want to help you." I told him.
"That's probably not a good idea. Go while you still can."

"You want me to leave?" I asked.
"Yes, he could kill you too."
"I can't just leave and do nothing." I said. "We should get out of here.' I grabbed his arm and tried to drag him.
"I'm not going anywhere." He said. Grr, why does he have to be stubborn when I’m trying to save his LIFE?
"You're crazy! He could get here any minute!"
"I know."

And that's about when Sylar decided to walk in. Oh great.
"You really can paint the future." Sylar said. "You!" He looked at me. "You haven't had enough?"
"Hi Sylar. Miss me?" I asked. Aw man.
"You're late." Isaac said to Sylar.
"I guess you know why I'm here."
"You're the one who's gonna kill me." Isaac said, walking closer to Sylar.

What the heck was I supposed to do! I was gonna get my ass kicked again, and I wasn't really in the mood.
"Yea, that's true." Sylar said. Isaac's expression stayed the same. "This is usually the part when people start screaming."
"I tried fighting the future. It's too big for me. Maybe you can do better."
"Why me?" Sylar asked. "Do you see some special future for me?"
"They stop you, and you die."
Sylar laughed. "You painted all that too?" He looked around.

"Show me." He turned to look at Isaac. "Show me." His voice went funny.
Isaac looked behind him, at the gun. Sylar used his telekinesis to make it fall to the ground. It was tempting to pick it up, but it would do no good.
I got my lighter out, luckily I had bought an extra couple for spares.
"Now now." Sylar said. I knew what he was about to do and I had to stop him.

I made a large fireball appear, making Sylar turn to look at me.
"Almost forgot you were standing there." He said coldly.
I threw the fire at him, he wasn’t expecting me to do it so quickly.
"Ah!" His jacket caught on fire, and he started to put the fire out by making his jacket get covered in ice. Oh. My. God. I had completely forgotten that he had a freezing ability.
I threw another fireball, and used my super-speed to get closer to him. He tried to hit me, but missed as I stepped really quickly to the right.

I punched him a couple times with my super-speed, and got out of his way when he tried to hit me back. He stopped, and pointed at me. I was raised up in the air, and I started to choke. I gasped for air, and my hands flew up to my neck, but I couldn't breathe
He pointed his other hand at Isaac.
"N..no" I managed to say.

Isaac flew backwards to the ground. I was still in the air, trying to breathe, only managing to get short gasps. A paintbrush flew out of somewhere and stabbed through Isaac’s arm, and another one went through his other arm. He screamed. Ouchies.
"It's already gone." Isaac said, talking about the paintings and etc, etc. You know, choking over here?
"Why don't you tell me all about it then?"
"I've seen enough of the future, I don't need to watch it happen. I've wasted my life, destroyed everything good that ever came to me. At least I did one good thing before I died."

Sylar made another two paintbrushes stab through Isaac’s legs. More ouchies. Isaac screamed again.
"You can't fight the future." Isaac said.
"Neither can you."
Sylar put his eyes on me, and made me fall to the floor, I could finally breath again, but I started to cough.
He walked over to Isaac.
"It's alright. I finally know my part in all this. To die here with you. But not before I show them how to kill you, and stop the bomb. I finally get to be a hero."

Sylar leaned over, and started to kill Isaac and take his brain, and Isaac screamed some more. I tried to get up, slowly I managed to sit up. Sylar pointed at me, making me fall backwards again.
I looked around, realising that one of the painting easels was on fire. I made the fire come to me, and I shot it straight at Sylar.
"Ahh!" He yelled. The fire was all around him. I didn't stop to ask questions, I got up and ran straight out the door in a blur.

I walked down the street, far away from Isaac's apartment. I was out of breath, I stopped and sat down for a little while, trying to figure out where I would go to from here, until I realised that I had to go back. I knew Hiro would be coming this way soon, so I decided to wait for him.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 06:27:21 AM »
Okay I gotta start posting a bit more often, since when season one ends, I will be writing season 2, but I might go on 'hiatus'. So I shall update quicker hopefully. Sorrrrry!

Chapter Twenty One

I had planned to meet with Hiro, I really did. But I eventually changed my mind and just stayed home for the day, taking it easy.
The next day I went straight to Kirby Plaza in the morning after breakfast and waited. I knew eventually Claire and Peter would show up. I waited for ages, and finally I saw them, but soon after that Noah, Claire's Dad, came along with Matt Parkman and Ted Sprague, so I stayed hidden and watched from a distance.

Peter's hands began to glow. "Claire!" He yelled. Not to me obviously.
Finally Peter's hands went back to normal.
Claire walked off with her Dad, but I stayed hidden. A few minutes later, they went back with the others, but I realised I may as well go over there.
"Hey Peter." I said.
"Hey, Where did you come from?" He asked.
"Hey Ted, Hey Matt." I said. They looked back at me strangely.

"How do you know? –"
"Long story." I cut them off. Matt gave me a really funny look, he was probably reading my mind. He would think I'm a crazy person for sure. "Sylar's just around the corner, and he heard everything you said." I turned to look at the place I knew Sylar was.

I used my super-speed to rush over to where Sylar stood. I made sure I had a hologram around me, a holo of Sylar. Just coz I could, although I'm sure he knew who I was by now.
"Hey Sylar." I said with his voice. He looked at me.
"You again" He said.
I zoomed back to the others.
"Yep, definitely Sylar." I told them.

Everyone more or less said their goodbyes, and I went with Peter, Claire and Ted.
"You know, I've been thinking after we save the world I might go on patrols, you know, jumping in front of bullets, and dragging people out of burning buildings." Claire said.
"You're not gonna catch me wearing a cape." Peter replied.
We were walking across a busy road in some random place in New York, they knew where they were going, I had not a clue.
"Walking around with my underwear outside my pants." Peter said, smiling.
"Why do we have to rent a car, why can't we just fly to Nebraska?" Claire asked.

Peter looked back at her.
"In a plane." She said.
"The FBI's got my face all over wanted posters, we wouldn't get that far that way." Ted said.
Peter looked around, looking worried.
"What is it?" Claire asked.
"Sylar I guess." I said.
"Yea, Sylar." Peter replied. "He's here, he's watching us."
"Right now?"
"Well I told you he knew where we were." I said.
"He knows what Ted can do, we need to get off the street."
"Who's Sylar?" Ted asked.

We rushed into a rent a car place. Peter explained a bit more about Sylar quickly to Ted.
"So this guy Sylar kills people like us?" Ted asked.
"Yea, and he takes what we can do." Peter said
"How does he manage that?"
"He rips your head open."
I coughed and said "Eats brains." But Ted just gave me a funny look.
"I say we stick to the plan and get out of the city." He said.

A car shot out in front of us. It was the FBI. Whoops I forgot about this.
"Get out of here, go!" Ted said to us.
"Let's get out of here." Peter said, grabbing mine and Claire's arms.
Ted was knocked down to the ground.
"Let's go." Peter made us all invisible and we vanished into the crowd.
"There were three others, find them!" I managed to hear before we were out of there.

We walked away from there, and got the rental car. We ended up getting stuck in a traffic jam later on.
"Come on! Get moving." Peter yelled.
"Is this the only way out of the city?" Claire asked.
"No, but it's the fastest."
Peter and Claire began to get out of the car, so I followed.
And then I remembered why the cars were in a traffic jam. Ted. Sylar killed him.

We saw the overturned truck, and walked closer to it. We stopped at a fence nearby to watch.
"Sylar got him." Peter said. "He killed Ted."
"Does that mean that Sylar can do what Ted can do?" Claire asked.
"Yep." I replied.
"He's the one. He's gonna wipe out the entire city!"
"You've gotta stop him!" Claire said.

"I don't think I can. The last time I fought Sylar he killed me." Peter said.
"I've fought him like 3 or 4 times, and I'm still alive and kicking." I told them.
"Come on." Peter grabbed Claire’s arm, and I followed. We went back to the car.

Later on, in the car, Claire rang her Dad, I just zoned out because I was tired. We eventually stopped in an underground car-park.
"What are we doing here?" Claire asked. I looked up and saw Nathan Petrelli standing there. "I actually believed you. You lied to me, you said you weren't gonna call him!" Claire said.
"I know, but think about it Claire, we can't do this alone." Peter said.
"No you think about it! We can't trust him."
"Yes we can trust him, Nathan has never let me down."

"Nathan doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about anyone, he doesn't care about me and I'm his own daughter. We do not need him." Claire argued.
"Yes we do."
"Why?"
"Because I'm afraid. Okay?" Peter yelled. "And I need my brother." Peter said. He looked at Claire for a minute and then got out of the car to go and talk to Nathan.

Claire opened her door a couple of minutes later.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm leaving." She said.
"Look, I'll go with you." I got out of the car too, and we walked away from Peter. She bumped into Angela Petrelli.
"See you later, Claire." I said, walking away from them both. I had to get to Kirby Plaza as soon as I could.
I knew that Peter would get there soon, but I didn't want to wait for him.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 06:27:56 AM »
Man I thought I would post more often but no, I'm just really lazy, sorry! I promise that I will post the rest of the fight soon, and by soon I mean in the next couple of days, definately before next Sunday so don't worry.

Chapter Twenty Two

I got to the Kirby Building about 20 odd minutes later. I was too early, Sylar wouldn't be there yet and I didn't want to sit there waiting. I rushed up the stairs with super-speed, not bothering to wait for an elevator. I searched a couple rooms until I found Mohinder and Molly in one of them.
"Mohinder" I said. "Hey."
"Claire?" He asked. "Where do you always come from?" He looked a little startled.
"Sorry. No time for that. Hi Molly." I smiled.
"How did you know?-" Mohinder began to say.
"No time for that." I repeated, cutting him off.

"We have to go." Mohinder said.
"Yea I know, I'll go with you. I tried to get here as fast as I could. I was with Peter, and Claire."
We walked slowly and cautiously through the building.
"I think we should be okay for a while." I said.
"Doesn't hurt to stay cautious." Mohinder said.
We peeked around one corner. There was a man lying on the ground. At first I didn't recognise him. Mohinder and Molly went back behind the corner.

Mohinder started to walk back towards him.
Molly stopped him. "Wait, he could be a bad guy."
"He needs my help." Mohinder said quietly.
We went closer to him, and that's when I recognised him as D.L. Hawkins, or Micah's Dad.
"Okay we need to get him out of here."
Molly went over to the elevator and pressed the button twice. "It's not working." She said quietly.
"They must have shut it down. Okay I need you two to keep an eye out, if anyone comes tell me straight away."
A few minutes later, Molly said "The guards are coming."

Micah and Niki came soon after that.
"Dad!" Micah yelled out, running towards D.L.
"Micah." D.L. muttered.
"We have to go!" Mohinder said.
Niki snapped off the handle on the door to the stairs. I looked around, seeing the other set of stairs down the hallway.

Micah went over to the elevator.
"It won't work!" Molly told him.
"Yes it will." He put his hand on the button and the elevator door opened. They both smiled at each other.
Niki and Mohinder helped D.L. stand up. He winced in pain.
"Come on!" Molly yelled.
"Meet you down there." I said to Mohinder, who was closest.
"What?" He asked quickly, but I turned into a blur as I shot towards the other stairs. I would get there way before they would. Elevators are slow.

I got down there as fast as I could. I zoomed out of the building, I could see Peter and Noah talking. I looked closer and I could see Sylar walking towards them. Oh great.
He tapped Noah on the shoulder. He telekinetically made him fly backwards, hitting into a building. He fell to the floor. Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
Peter looked a bit worried.
"What took you so long?" Sylar asked.
I zoomed up next to Peter.

I looked at him. "Thought you could use some help." I said. I pulled out my lighter.
"You again?" Sylar said, looking a bit annoyed. He looked back at Peter. "Haven't I killed you before?"
"Didn't take." Peter said. I was thinking about how much I loved that line, when Sylar smiled, and made Peter start choking.

"You think I'm gonna let you ruin it all?" He asked. "Take all the glory?" I made the fire creep up my arms while he was distracted.
"Hey Sylar." I said. "Think fast." I threw a fire ball straight at him. He must have been thinking fast, coz the ice began to form around him, making my fire disappear.

"Fire vs Ice huh. This should be fun." I said, watching him carefully. I threw another fire ball, he threw a ball of ice, or whatever he threw. They hit each other, and made a small explosion of light. It looked awesome. I made my fire go faster. I zoomed to the left and to the right, to confuse Sylar. My hands felt kind of cold all of a sudden. They began to freeze slightly. I put the fire around my hands, warming them up again. I threw a bunch of fire balls around Sylar, while running fast in a circle. I got out of the circle quickly.

While he was busy spinning around, I took the chance to zoom a bit closer. I punched him with super speed twice. He tried to hit me back, but I moved to the left and the right so fast that he missed both times. I looked around, seeing Matt begin to walk closer, with a gun in his hands. No!
"Matt, no!" I yelled. It was too late, his fingers were on the trigger. *BANG BANG* He shot twice.

Sylar stopped them in mid air with his other hand. Aw crap! I thought quickly. I wonder if I really am as fast as a speeding bullet. Thisisabadidea! My thoughts jumbled together. I ran straight forward, catching a bullet in my hand. Holy crap! No way! Then I realised there were two bullets.
One hit Matt and he fell back, hitting the building behind him, then he fell to the ground. I stared at the bullet in my hands and looked up at Sylar. I realised he had a burn on the left side of his face because of me.

I created a hologram around me, making everyone but me and Sylar disappear. I smiled and made myself disappear too. Peter fell to the floor, gasping. Sylar looked around, but of course he could see nothing. I used my super-speed to run past him, hitting him in the stomach as I zoomed past.

"I know what this is! I know it's a hologram. I can't wait to have that power!" He said, still looking around. I stood still for a moment, and stamped my foot on the ground, causing it to ripple under my feet. I caused an earthquake under his feet, making him fall to the floor. He started to stand up but I made another earthquake knock him backwards again.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 06:28:50 AM »
Gah I hate being so lazy with this, but I kind of have an excuse this week coz of Job Search Training and all that..
But at least I got this done before Sunday, like I promised.

Chapter Twenty Three

"How many times do you think you're gonna do that?" He asked, standing up.
I looked around, figuring out what to do next. I saw Mohinder, D.L, Niki, Micah and Molly get out of the Kirby Plaza building. They distracted me, and messed with my hologram so I turned it off completely.

He pointed at me, and I suddenly couldn't breath. I grabbed at my throat, not being able to do anything to stop it. He walked towards me, and when he was close enough, I kicked him hard in his shin with super-speed.
"Ahh!" He yelled, stumbling backwards.
He punched me in the face because I didn't have enough time to get out of the way.
Peter came over and stood next to me.

I thought it was a great opportunity to use some more powers. There was a slight wind, so I manipulated it to make the wind worse around Sylar, making him fly through the air for a split second, making him fall into the water surrounding the fountain. Great for me.

He got out of the water, looking pretty pissed off.
While his back was turned from the water, I made a huge wave form behind him, and it came crashing down on him, making him fall over for the millionth time tonight.

Sylar got up, coughing a bit. He was now right in front of us. He turned around to look behind him, telekinetically ripping a parking meter from the ground and making it fly into his hands. He swung at me, but I ducked and zoomed to the left, getting out of the way. The parking meter hit Peter instead, and he fell down to the ground.

"Sorry Peter. You can heal I can't." I quickly said.
"Did you really think you could stop me?" Sylar said, getting ready to hit again.
Niki had come closer while we were distracted. She grabbed the parking meter off of Sylar, and hit him really hard. He groaned and fell to the ground. I wish I had super strength.
"Mum, Dad needs your help!" Micah yelled.
"Go back to your family. I got this." Peter told Niki.
Peter took off his jacket, then went over to Sylar and punched him several times in the face. Sylar started to laugh. What a crazy person.

Peter's hands began to glow. He was using Ted's power.
"Wait, no, no!" He yelled. Sylar got back up.
"It turns out you're the villain Peter. I'm the hero." Sylar said. He was bleeding from Peter’s punches.
"Is that so?" I asked, tapping him on the shoulder. He turned around and I punched him in the face using super speed. He fell back again.

Suddenly Hiro teleported out of nowhere. "Sylar" He said.
He turned to look at Hiro. "You."
"Hyyyyyah!" Hiro yelled, running towards Sylar with his sword. He stabbed him through the chest. Ouch. "Yatta." Hiro said, pulling the sword out. Sylar groaned, and fell down to the ground.
"Hiro!" Peter exclaimed.
"Peter Petrelli!"
"You can stop this!"
"How?"

"I need you to kill me!" Peter said.
"Three.. two.. one." I muttered. Sylar put his head up for a second, and pointed at Hiro.
He made Hiro fly backwards, but Hiro teleported away in mid air. I could have stopped that from happening but I didn't want to change the story, he might not go to Ancient Japan otherwise.
Sylar smiled, then his head fell back down.
Peter breathed loudly, freaking out just a bit.

Claire began to run over towards us finally, she had gotten the gun from her Dad, and pointed it at Peter.
"Do it!" Peter said. "Do it! You're the only one, Claire."
"Tell me there's another way, please." She said through tears.
"Shoot me, there is no other way."
"There is" I said quietly, I didn't know if they could hear me.
"What?" Peter asked. "Do you know how to stop this?"
"Yea just wait about three more seconds." I pointed into the sky, and sure enough, pretty much a second later Nathan appeared in the sky.

"There is another way, Claire." Nathan said. "The future isn’t written in stone." He pushed the gun down.
"I took his power Nathan. I can't control it. I can't do anything."
"I'm not leaving you." Nathan walked over to Peter. "There's another way to end this and you know it."

"I can't let you die."
"And I can't let everyone else." Nathan said, turning to look at Claire. "You saved the cheerleader, so we could save the world."
"I love you Nathan."
"I love you too. You ready?" He walked closer to Peter, and they flew into the air.

I stared into the sky, just like everyone else. There was a far off bang, and the sky lit up. I knew what had really happened to them.
"What happened to them?" I heard Niki ask.

Then I remembered something. "Sylar" I said. I zoomed over to Matt, who was still lying on the ground, and grabbed his gun. I walked over towards Sylar, but he was gone. I stared at the trail of blood, leading to the sewer.
"Damn." I said, going back to return the gun. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to shoot him if he was still lying there.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 06:29:49 AM »
Okay, I really didn't expect to be posting so soon, but I had some inspiration to post. It's not all that exciting yet, but thats because Season Two takes place four months after Season One.
But I think what I'm doing now works, I will skip through the months, but still write some of what I do in that time. Here goes:

Chapter Twenty Four

One month later…

I woke up, on the couch of Mohinder's apartment. I had stayed there to help look after Molly while Matt and Mohinder were busy working and doing other things, and I must have fallen asleep. I got up suddenly.
"Good morning." I heard Molly's voice behind me, from the table.
"Good morning. Why didn't anyone wake me up last night?" I asked.
"It was late, there was no point in waking you up to go home." Mohinder said, walking in the door. "You want breakfast?"
"Sure." I went over and sat down at the table.

I went home a bit later on. I was pretty lonely, that was why I was always helping out Matt, Mohinder and Molly whenever I could. Plus I got paid $15 bucks an hour to babysit, which worked for me.
I picked up the phone, something I had begun to do everyday. I called my sisters phone numbers, and my parents numbers, always getting nothing but dial tones. But I thought it was worth it to try anyways.

I looked at the date. December 8. I couldn't believe how long I had been in the Heroes world. I couldn't remember the exact date I had appeared here, but it was a few months for sure.

I heard a noise at the door. It sounded like a key in the lock.
"Who's there?" I asked, walking over to the door. When I saw who it was, my jaw dropped.
"LEONIE!" I exclaimed. "What the heck are you doing here?"
"Uh.. Claire? What's going on? Are we in New York? I just came back from the hospital!" She asked, sounded very confused.
"Yea, we are in New York, but wait, the hospital? What happened?" I asked, walking over to hug her.

"I was hit by a car, the doctors told me. I just got sent home today, although I didn't know how to get here. Oh, and can you explain to me something?" She asked.
"Oh, yea, sure thing."
"Why the &$^# are we in New York?"
I filled her in as best I could. She sat down on the couch, looking quite pale.
"Where's Shaun?" She asked. I knew she would, as Shaun is her fiancé and all.

"Um.. Well I'm not sure. I'm not even sure how you're even here! What exactly do you remember?" I asked her.
"Well I woke up one morning, it must have been a couple months ago, I was in a coma for a long time. I went outside, I found out we were in New York, and I was so confused. I checked the street, but since the cars were on the wrong side, I was hit. That's the last thing I remember before I woke up a couple days ago in hospital."
"Whoa! So, you're okay now, right?"
"Yea, should be."
"Good."

Later on in the week, I introduced Leonie to Matt, Mohinder and Molly. She fainted when she realised she was in the Heroes world, but the others didn't really understand. It was quite funny if you ask me. I was curious if she had superpowers, but I hadn't told her about mine yet, I figured that she should find out a bit later, since she fainted and all. It would be a big shock to hear, too.

December 21…

"Holy crap, I can't believe it's my birthday." I said.
"Me neither." Leonie said. "You're really 19."
"Actually, I'm not 100% that I am 19. I think I'm still 18, when I came here it was like.. July or something here, but back home it was just after December."
"You know how confusing you really are?" Leonie said, laughing.
"Yea, I know."

"Are we gonna actually do anything for your birthday, or not? Having cake isn't exactly a birthday party."
"I dunno, you got anything in mind? I'm stuffed with cake."
"Uh, Claire, what's with this?" Leonie asked. She had opened a drawer. It was filled with lighters. "You don't smoke do you?"
"Hell no. You don't see cigarettes around the place do you?"
"No.. but still, what is with all these lighters? You a pyromaniac?"
"Not exactly." I smiled and turned to look at her. "Well maybe a little."

I picked up a lighter and made a fireball appear in my hands. Her face was lit up from the glow of the flame.
"Cool right?" I said.
"No, actually it's hot." She said, shaking her head. "So, what, you have super powers too?"
"Apparently so. It's not all I can do either."
I showed her my super speed, and holographic projection, as well as all the element manipulations I could do.
"That's pretty damn awesome." She grinned. "Do I get powers too?"
"I have no idea. I hope so, it'd be great!"

Leonie tried like a hundred times to use a super power, but nothing seemed to work.
"This totally sucks, I'm so jealous!"
"Well, you could still have them. Maybe just not yet.. Who knows. Or you could be normal."
"Ugh, who wants that, since we are in the 'Heroes world' and all." She said.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 06:30:51 AM »
Hey guys, It looks like I'm back from my hiatus, time for season two, my next post will be back on track with the other people from Heroes and following the storyline.

Chapter Twenty Five

One month later…

I sat on the couch, thinking of how awesome being in the Heroes world really was. And I even got to spend Christmas with Leonie which was great, and it was a white Christmas too! Exciting stuff really.
Not much had happened in the last couple of months, Leonie got a job at some office place and that's what she's been doing. I babysat every so often too.

I was waiting for Leonie to get home. Finally she walked in, looking a bit stressed.
"Stressful day?" I asked her.
"Yea. I'm in a terrible mood, that traffic out there is insane and didn't make me feel much better."
"Oh, ok" I said, not really knowing what else to say.
She put her bag down on the table and sighed. The lights in the house began to flicker slightly, but I didn't pay much notice.
"You made dinner?"
"Oh no!" I had completely forgot and I was only gonna make things worse for her. "Sorry"

The lights flickered again, this time a lot worse.
"What's with the lights?" Leonie asked.
"I don't know, they weren't like this before."
They kept flickering, until they turned completely off and on again.
"That's really weird" I muttered.

Suddenly there was a bright light in the room, it was so bright I had to quickly shut my eyes. When I opened them again, Leonie had disappeared.
I looked around the room, my eyes getting used to the normal light again.

"Leonie? Where are you?" I asked.
"What are you talking about, I'm right here!" She exclaimed.
"Uh, you are? Where exactly?" I said, staring at the place I had heard her voice.
"What? Right here?"
"Uh, just look at yourself."

"Ahh! Where am I?"
I laughed. "I think you're invisible. That light, you were bending the light around you, to make yourself invisible. I guess you do have powers after all"
"Oh, cool, but how do I make it stop?"
I laughed again, and I tried to help her with her new found ability.
Suddenly I was knocked backwards. "Ah, what the hell?" I said.
"Uh, Claire? I think that was me, I'm really sorry."

She was visible again. "Hey I can see you!" I said. "But what was you?"
"I don't know, I felt some sort of energy forming, so I threw it away from me, and it hit you and knocked you off your chair."
"Like, a forcefield?"
"I guess so."
"Awesome. You now have to learn to control it, it may take a while." I had a huge smile on my face, this was the best thing ever.

Two months later….

A few days later I was out shopping with Leonie. I completely hated shopping, unless it was at McDonalds. I decided just to deal, since Leonie offered to pay for a movie. It was a great movie too.
I heard a bunch of yelling and loud noises coming from a nearby alleyway.

"Leonie! Do you hear that?" I asked, rushing over to the noises.
It was two guys fighting with each other.
"Oh. My. God. Is that Todd?" Leonie asked.
"Huh? What? Is what Todd?" I looked over there, and it must have been Todd’s identical twin, which of course didn't exist.
"Why the heck is he beating up some guy?"

"How the hell should I know. Todd! Is that you? What the hell's going on?"
"No, get out of here." Said the guy that was being beaten up. "Go, don't get involved."
"Like hell." I should stop saying the word hell by now.
"Leonie, now's the time to figure out how those powers of yours really work."

"Okay." She closed her eyes for a second, and when she opened them, a bright light was shining around her.
"What the? I can't see!" The Todd look a like yelled.

"Yea serves you right." I said. I walked over to him. "It can't be Todd, that makes absolutely no sense, he’s just a look a like." I said as I knocked him out. "You alright, man?" I asked the guy who got beaten up.
"Yea, I think so. Thanks." He got up and began to walk away.
"I guess our work here is done?" I said to Leonie.
"I guess."
"Hey, what's the date today?" I asked, and she told me. "Oh really, its been four months already? Sweet."

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 06:31:41 AM »
Dude, Season Two is all over the place, pretty hard to find storylines to tag along to.. This is kind of a filler chapter to show off my new flight ability and yea, set up for the next posts to come I guess.

Chapter Twenty Six

"Hey Claire, guess what someone gave me at work today?" Leonie said, that night.
"What?"
She handed me a comic book, it was a 9th wonders comic.
"Oh, awesome!" I said.

"Yea, look at the cover" She pointed at a figure on the cover. It was a person in flames flying through the air.
"No way, what issue is this, Isaac is dead" I said, looking for the date. It was an old issue.

"I think that's meant to be you, Claire."
"You think?"
"Sure, I mean it very well could be."
"But I can't fly."
"Yea, maybe you can learn? What's the movie… Oh yea of course, Fantastic Four! I'm the invisible girl and you're the human torch, I mean our powers are way different, but similar to an extent."

"I guess." I said, opening the comic and reading. It showed me attempting to fly several times before getting it right and flying off of a 10 story building. I was excited to go and try but at the same time a bit scared.

"Let's go outside and test it out!" Leonie said.
"Are you serious?"
She pointed at the comic. It showed us both in the front yard at night time.
"Fine, fine let's go and try it out"

Once we were outside, I pulled my lighter out of my pocket and made a huge fireball cover myself in fire. Of course it didn't hurt me, I manipulated it around me, so it was just hot but no pain or burns or anything.
I took a deep breath, and tried to shoot myself into the air, but I had no clue how.
"Maybe we should go watch Fantastic Four again?" I asked, looking at Leonie.

We went back inside to watch it, and afterwards I spent hours out in the front yard trying to fly.
"Hey, I saw you hover that time!" Leonie said. She thought it was funny of course, but I kept crashing and falling over, which wasn't fun at all.
"Okay, I think I can do this, I'm gonna try from the roof this time."

"Oooo You sure?"
"No." I said, as I climbed onto the garage roof and then onto the house. I decided I would run to the other end of the house and then jump off and pray I wouldn’t break my neck.
"Here goes." I said to myself quietly. I covered myself with flames, it looked so cool.
"Please don't die!" Leonie yelled from the front yard. That made me feel absolutely great.

"I'm gonna regret this!" I yelled as I ran towards the end of the roof. I jumped off, and shot into the air. Holy crap, I was actually flying.
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO OOOOOO!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I went flying down the neighbourhood and didn't want to go back home, but eventually I did. I was a bit scared about the landing though. I hadn't perfected a landing yet.
I had reached my street, I got closer and closer to the ground.

"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" I screamed, and landed on the ground with a thud, just outside my house in some grass.
Leonie came rushing out. "Claire! You alright?" She helped me stand up.
"Oh, yea, I'm good." I said, a bit out of breath.
I was covered in dirt and bits of grass, but I was more or less okay. That was a rush.
I grinned. "I wanna go again!"

We went inside and I got a phone call. It was Matt.
"Hey, what's up?" I said.
"It's Molly, I just.. I don't really know what to do. Can you come over here anytime soon?"
"Sure, I'll be there soon." I replied.
I decided I would fly there, more excuses to perfect my flying ability.

I got there a few minutes later, seeing as they were in Brooklyn and so was I, it wasn’t far to go.
"Hey Matt." I said, walking inside.
"She's in her room." He said, sitting down at the table.
I walked into Molly’s room quietly, she sat in silence, eating her food.

"Hey Molly, how are you?"
"I don't know."
"Look, I know about the nightmares." She looked up at me finally.

"I don't really want to talk about it."
"Yea, I know, I wouldn't either. So let's not. Let's forget it and talk about something else instead."
We talked a bit longer about other stuff, I was trying to get her trust, since I knew everything about why she had the nightmares but I couldn’t really tell her how I knew and all that.

"Hey, do you think you could find someone for me?"
"Yea, Who?"
"My parents and my other sister, Alicia. I'm not sure where they are right now."
"You don't know where they are? Sure I'll find them for you. Do you have a picture?"

"Yea." I showed her a picture of me with my parents and my sisters.
She got an atlas out and a push pin. A few seconds later she had the push pin stuck into the atlas.
"Australia? Is that where you’re from?"
"Yea. Thanks Molly, I just needed to know where they were."

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 06:24:22 AM »
Yays, a new post on the new forum.
Since season two is really all over the place, and its hard to stick to the existing storylines at the moment coz there’s not many people in New York anymore.. so I went off the story line.. I'll be back with the story line soon, I promise. Darn season two.

Chapter Twenty Seven

Leonie went to work in the morning, leaving me home by myself, and bored.
There wasn't many people left in New York, and the people who were in New York were busy with work and things like that so I didn’t know what to do.

I had a lazy day for once, just hanging around the house and watching movies. Until I got a phone call at about 11 o'clock in the morning.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hello, this is John, Leonie's boss. Is this her sister?"
"Yea"
"Well do you know where she is? She didn't come in to work today."
"Oh really? I saw her leave earlier this morning."
"Oh. Well she usually calls if she's sick or something."
"She's not sick. I'm not sure where she is, when I see her, I'll tell her you rang." I hung up the phone, confused.

I dialled Leonie's number, but it went straight to message bank. Odd. I tried to think of where she could be. I racked my brains. Think dammit!
I went out to find her, flying around to places she most likely would be. I still couldn't find her, hours later. It was almost 4 o'clock. This was pointless, I knew I wouldn't find her.
Suddenly an idea popped into my head.
"No way" I muttered. "Nononono" There was one possibility that it could be. Primatech Paper. She could have been kidnapped, the same way I was.

As far as I knew, she hadn't told anyone about her abilities besides me, Mohinder, Matt and Molly, but since Mohinder was kind of working for the company now, someone could have found out about it. Dammit.
I went home, grabbed a few things and then flew on to Odessa, Texas.
I took forever. It wasn't easy flying such a long distance, I had to keep stopping every so often for breaks.

Finally I found Primatech paper, but of course it was closed, with no lights on or anything. I could break in, which would be awfully fun, but I decided against it.
I went and booked a hotel room, and stayed there for the rest of the night, what was left of it anyway. This was slightly ridiculous, since I didn't even know where my sister was, but I had to make sure.

I woke up in the morning, pumped and ready to go. I had even brought that gun I had stolen, just in case I needed it. I had it hidden in the lining of my jacket.
I walked in the doors of Primatech, a hologram over me of a guard I had seen earlier in the car park while scoping the place out.

Being quiet and suspicious was the way I'd get caught, so I walked in with a big smile on my face. "Hey" I said to some guy on the way in. "How are ya?" I grinned at the receptionist. I kept walking through the corridors.

Finally I found what I was looking for. Bob Bishop’s office. I walked in quietly, making sure no body saw me go in there. I rushed over to the cabinet on the far wall, where there were files with people's names on them. V, V, V, Voskamp there we go. I saw two Voskamps. So it was true, my sister has been kidnapped.  I grabbed our files off of the cabinet. I considered burning them, but I wanted to keep them for some odd reason, so I put them in my bag. I left the room soon after that, time to find my sister.

I got lost fairly quickly, trying to remember where I was the time I was kidnapped. It was so long ago, and my memory really sucks, so I was still very lost.
"You lost?" A slightly familiar voice asked. It was Bob Bishop, who I really didn't like.
"Uh, no, I know where I am." I replied, looking around for an exit.
"Uh huh." He nodded.
"Actually maybe I am. Maybe you could help me? Where is the – Holy crap, what is that?" I said, pointing behind him. He turned to look, and I made a hologram of nothing around me.
"What?" Bob asked, turning back to me. He looked around, confused. He walked away, shaking his head. Ha. Funny. I liked messing with people that way.

I followed him for a short while, he walked around for ages. He stopped and picked something up from a room that looked like a kitchen, and walked towards a door with a coded lock on it. He looked around, and then punched a code into the door, which I didn't get to see with his arm in the way.
I followed closer, and used my super speed to get through the door before it shut. We were in another hallway, with a few rooms scattered around. Leonie must be in one of them.

Some guard came over to Bob and they said something about my sister and something about Elle. The rest wasn't important. I sat down in the hallway, with the hologram still around me. I waited a while, not sure how long it was, but finally Elle came to the door in front of me, leading to another room which I was sure my sister was in.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:42:51 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »
Chapter Twenty Eight

I stood up, getting ready in case I needed to fight. Elle walked into the room, so I followed closely behind her. Like an idiot, I banged my elbow on the door frame, and wasn't able to stop myself from muttering "Ow."
Elle spun around, looking around suspiciously. I stayed quiet, and she finally turned back to walk through another door.

I kept a short distance from her. I saw my sister, sleeping on a bed in the room. Elle left something on the table, I wasn't really paying attention. She headed towards the door. Nooo! I'd be locked in! I used my super speed to rush past Elle and grab her keys. I still had the hologram around me, but Elle was looking straight at me because of the jingle of the keys. Crap.

"Who's there?" She asked, annoyed. She threw a lightning bolt in my direction before I had time to react.
"Yahh!" I said, stumbling. That really hurt. My hologram had disappeared. "Just me" I said.
I used my super speed to get closer to her, and hit her in the face. Evil sadistic person she was, she deserved it. But I wasn't really expecting to get hit back but I was, and I forgot to dodge it.  It wasn't normal girl fighting either, no slapping faces or pulling hair for us. She hit my eyebrow, my pierced eyebrow. Ow ow ow ow, now that really hurt for sure.

I punched her in the nose, making her nose start bleeding. She looked at me with an evil look on her face, and she started to form another ball of lightning in her hand.
I looked up, seeing a smoke detector above my head. I smiled, and threw a fireball up at the ceiling before Elle could do anything, and the water began to spray everywhere, making Elle electrocute herself and fall to the ground. She got back up, looking

I looked back over at Leonie, who was waking up from the water spraying on her. The water wasn't hitting me, as I was manipulating it so it wouldn't.
"Leonie!" I said happily, rushing over to her. "Come on, let's get outta here!"
"Claire! Thank god you're here!" She said, smiling, giving me a hug.
"We have to go!" I said hurriedly. We walked out of the room, carefully stepping around Elle. "I should do a hologram"
"It's too late!" Leonie said. "Look over there."

"Crap." I muttered. A couple guards were headed in our direction.
"Which ways the exit?" Leonie asked.
"Uh" I looked around, there were three ways to go, two if you didn't include the way the guards were. "This way." I started to run down the hallway, with Leonie running next to me.
Something went shooting through the air right next to me, and then I saw another one coming, and it hit Leonie.  Leonie fell to the floor suddenly.
"Leonie?"

"I'm okay." She muttered, stumbling as she stood up. I pulled something out of her shoulder, some sort of tazer. I looked back, seeing the guards holding tazer guns and they were about to shoot again.
I grabbed Leonie. "Get on my back, now!" She got on slowly, and I began to run for it. It wasn't easy, but finally I made it outside.

I flew into the air. I had bought a new lighter, a wrist contraption that worked when I flicked a switch with my thumb, it was awesome and a lot easier than pulling my lighter out all the time. Leonie was still on my back but I couldn't fly as high as I usually did, it was more difficult. Not being mean to my sister in any way, I just hadn't ever flew with someone on my back before.

I looked around, realizing a car was following us. Dammit. I flew down to the roof of a fast food restaurant and stayed there.  About 5 minutes later, two guards popped out of nowhere, but I realized they came from the door on the opposite side of the roof.
"Can't catch meee" I taunted, and then I leapt off of the roof with Leonie on my back again.
I flew away as fast as I can. I stopped at the hospital, but Leonie was getting back to normal, so we continued flying towards New York.

"Ugh, I'm tired, can we stay here for the night?"
"What, here in the middle of some city we don't know the name of?"
"I should start bringing maps with me." I sighed.
We asked at a local shop, what city we were in, and got really funny looks from the shop keeper.
"Tennessee" They answered.
"Thanks." I said. I bought a US map that would be able to fold up and fit in my pocket.
I checked on the map, seeing there were a few states to travel through before making it home.

The next day in the afternoon, we made our way back to New York this time, only stopping a couple times for water, food and the bathroom.
Once we were home, it was such a relief.
After sleeping for a couple more hours, I went to Mohinder's apartment, only Mohinder wasn't there, only Matt and Molly. 

"You look stressed' I said as I walked through the open front door.
"Claire, where have you been the last couple of days?"
"Oh, you know, nowhere, just saving my kidnapped sister." I said.
I knew the next day Matt would be going to Philadelphia to meet his father again, and I had already decided to tag along.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:16:35 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 04:02:15 AM »
Chapter Twenty Nine

The next day I went to the police station to wait for Matt. I finally saw him, after waiting a while.
“Hey Matt!” I said, walking over to him.
“Hi, Claire, what are you doing here?”
“I came to ask you –“ I was cut off by Nathan Petrelli.
“What do you think your doing interrogating my mother without me there?” Nathan asked.
“Relax, she didn’t give me anything.” Matt replied.
“Of course she didn’t give you anything, these people protect each other.” Nathan said.
I followed them as they walked, Matt stopped for a second to get something from a closeby desk.

“My mother’s not a killer, I’m not going to have her sit in jail for a crime she didn’t commit!”
“Neither am I. That’s why I’m going to Philadelphia, to see my father, figure this whole thing out.”
“Let me come with you.” Nathan said.
“No, you’re not a cop.”
“Oh yea, Matt that’s why I’m here.” I said quickly. “I’m coming too.”
“Listen, I’m guessing this isn’t official police business so if I’m there it won’t make a difference.”

“You don’t understand, its Molly, my father did something to her, she’s in trouble.”
“What do you mean did something to her?”
“Come here.” Matt said, walking a short distance away. “He got in her head somehow, I don’t know how he did it but I think it’s all connected, to Keito, to your mother, it could be dangerous.”
“I can take care of myself.”
Matt shook his head slightly.

“Look, I have to do this. Let me come with you.”
“Oh and me. Don’t forget me.” I said, since I was pretty much being ignored, which I was now used to.
“Who are you?” Nathan asked.
“I’m Claire. I’m a friend of your brothers.”
“I’m.—“
“Nathan” I nodded. “I know who you are, flying man.”
“Fine. We can probably get there faster if you go, Nathan. Coz you can.. uh..” He made a gesture with his head.
“I’m not a cargo jet, Parkman.” Nathan said.
“Oh please.”

“Heh. Well it would be quicker to fly. Which is what I’m going to be doing.” I grinned.
“I suppose we’ll drive.. wait you can fly too?” Nathan asked.

2 hours later, I met up with them in Philadelphia. Thanks to the map I had collected earlier, I had managed to not get lost at all.
“So, third floor and apartment number 9?” I asked.
“How did you know that?” Matt asked me.
“Um, no reason.” I replied, as we walked out of the elevator and down a hallway.
“Alright, this is it. This is where Molly said we’d find him.”
“What are you planning exactly?” Nathan asked.
“Uhh.. I’m not sure.” Matt admitted.

“You’re not sure? He just traumatized your girl, has my mother terrified, you better get your.. get your gun out.”
Matt was about to knock on the door.
“Come on.” Nathan said, putting his hand on Matt’s shoulder. “Hey. You okay?”
“When I was 13, my father ran out on us. I haven’t talked to him, I haven’t seen him.. I’ve spent half my life wondering what I’m gonna say to this guy if I ever got the chance, and now I can’t even knock on the door.” Matt said quietly.
Nathan reached out and knocked on the door.

“You’re welcome.” He said, looking at Matt. “Parkman, this is not a family reunion.”
“I know.”
“Okay, he’s not your Dad today, he is a suspect. Get your gun out.” Nathan looked at me. “You’re sure you want to come in with us?”
“Yea. No worries.” I replied.
“Police, Open up!” Matt shouted. He busted in with his shoulder.
“Who the hell are you?” Matt’s Dad.. what was his name, what was his name.. oh yea Maury Parkman shouted back, ****ing a shotgun.
I stayed behind the wall with Nathan.

“I said who the hell are you?” He repeated.
“Put the gun down and I’ll tell you.” Matt said.
“Parkman!” Nathan muttered.
“Matt? Oh my god, what.. what are you doing here?” Maury asked.
“Put the gun down!”
“Not til you tell me what the hell you’re doing here!”
“I want to know what you’re doing inside of Molly Walker’s dreams.” Matt said.

“Who?”
“And I wanna know about Keito Nakamura’s murder.”
“And while we’re at it, why is Angela Petrelli protecting you?” Nathan asked.
Matt lunged forward, knocking the shotgun out of Maury’s hands, and putting his hands behind his back.
“Wait, what are you a cop?” Maury shouted.
“Not right now I’m not, so you better start talking.” Matt said, putting handcuffs on his father.

“What are you doing?” I asked Nathan. He had picked up the shotgun and was ****ing it.
He shrugged. Matt turned to look at the sound.
“I’m good.” Nathan said.
“You got it all wrong!” Maury said.
“Is that why you’re swinging a shotgun?”
“Because of that.. On the desk.”
Nathan picked up a photo and passed it to Matt. I already knew what photo it was, with the heroes symbol drawn over it. 
“They’re gonna kill me too.”
Whatever.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
Well I was kinda hoping that Claire and Nathan would have a flying race, but besides that nice post!  ;D

SEASON 2 SPOILERS

Question now is if Claire is going to stop Maury, or is she going to be sucked into a nightmare of her own? I'd be quite interested to see what her nightmare would be. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have planned for season 2 though, as your options are kinda limited. Hiro spends most of the season in the past, the Bennets are in California (if I remembered that right) and Sylar is in Mexico up until the end.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!