Author Topic: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey  (Read 15987 times)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
Team Phoenix?  :P

Better yet, how about Team Awesome?  :D
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2009, 03:00:46 PM »
Team Phoenix?  :P

I think Harry Potter already did that...only cooler lol

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2009, 06:20:14 PM »
"I say we should be just 'The Five'. We could each have cool code names! I'll be 'Push' and Duff can be 'Savior' and Shanks could be 'Bezalel' and Mike can go with 'Sense' and Claire gets 'Prowler'."

*Everyone stares*

"I think about this sort of thing a lot. And can I please drive? This whole no driver thing's creeping me out and I can drive stick."

*Everyone stares again*

Feel free to use that claire. ;D

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
wtf bezalel?
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2009, 07:18:37 PM »
He was a rabbi who reportedly created a golem to defend the Prague in the 16th century. Only I think I got it wrong, cause apparently he was referred to as 'the Maharal'. It makes sense cause your power is to animate things.

I get bored, okay?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »
Funny idea Jax, but there's no way my superhero name is going to be Sense! If I'm getting a name, I insist on it being cool!  8)

Maybe we shouldn't form a Justice League just yet...  ::)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2009, 07:33:27 PM »
Okay, how bout 'Blindside' ;D

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »
is that cuz im jewish? or cuz of my power
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:04 PM »
Cause of your power, it was the first name I saw associated with Golems.

I think we should stop posting til' Claire posts the next chapter....

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2009, 12:53:34 AM »
((I know guys, its been a long time. I wish I had a better excuse than "I'm lazy, deal with it, princesses." Anywho, heres the chapter. Its not fantastic, but it'll do. haha))

Chapter Forty Nine

I asked Shanker to stop the car at Primatech, so I could inform them of Kane’s death. “Wait here, don’t get into any trouble, I’ll be right back.” I said to the others, and I walked inside. There were no guards.. anywhere. I couldn’t see anyone. Creepy.

I looked into rooms as I walked past them. I finally saw someone in one of the rooms. It was Angela Petrelli lying on a hospital-like bed, and she looked like she was either sleeping or in a coma. I was guessing the second one, as her eyes were open but she wasn’t moving.

Someone grabbed my shoulder suddenly. I screamed and spun around. It was Duff with the others, cracking up laughing.

“You scared the crap out of me!” I said, punching Duff’s arm. “You’re like a ninja.”

He just laughed.

“Why is there no one here?” Mike wondered.

“Hey!” A voice yelled from down the hall. Good timing.

“Time to get out of here. I told you guys not to follow me!” I said quickly as we ran for it, back to the car.

Shanker used his power and the car started moving again. It wasn’t long before we returned home, finally.

“Boy, am I glad to be home.” I said happily as I got out of the car and stretched.

“You live here? It looks so out of place, a house in the middle of a street filled with apartments.”

“So you guys don’t mind having to stay with me?” I asked.

“Where else can we go?” Shanker said. “Everything’s expensive in New York.”

“Ah, true, true.” I nodded. “Well it’s lucky that my house has five bedrooms. Not five beds though. So we’ll all have to get jobs… I’ve got a bit of money from the Company but it won’t last forever.”

My sister was home, so I quickly explained to her why I was walking in the house with 2 Americans, a Canadian and an Englishman. That was fun. I also told Leonie about how Stephen Canfield could take her home. While the others were settling in, she finally decided that she would go home.

A couple hours later, Stephen came over. I’d miss Leonie a lot, but at the same time I was happy with her choice. I had been tempted to go home, but I couldn’t leave super powers.

We said our long goodbyes, which I'm sure you don't wanna hear about. “See you later” I waved as she disappeared into the vortex. It wasn’t like she was gone forever, although it really felt like it.

“This is so ridiculously awesome.” Mike said a while later. “We are actually in the Heroes universe.”

“Yeah, it’s insane.” Duff agreed.

“So.. now we’re not on RAF, do we call you Tim? And you Dylan?” I frowned. “Nah, sounds too weird. I’ll just call you Duff and Jax.”

“Fine with me.” Jax said.

We sat around watching movies, until a knock on the door startled me.

“I knew he was the killer!” Shanker exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the front door. A pretty girl with short blonde hair was standing there. She had dreadlocks in her hair, making her hair look awesome.

“Claire Voskamp?” She asked.

“That’s me, who are you? Do you work for the Company?”

She zoomed past me with super speed into the hallway. Awesome, she was like me.

“You have super speed too?” I said excitedly, with a grin on my face.

“Yeah.”

“So do you work for the Company, or not?” I asked.

“Probably not the company you think I work for.”

“Primatech. Are you from there?”

“No.” She handed me a card with the word Pinehearst written on it.

“What is this?”

“They’ve taken interest in you-“

I cut her off. “If you’re trying to recruit me for something, I’m not really interested.” I gestured towards the door, until I realised something. “Wait.. would I get paid?”

“Of course.”

“I’ll think about it.” I said, with no intention of thinking about joining the organisation. There was no way that Pinehearst was a good place.

“Alright. Well, I’ve got other people to see, so see you later.” And with that, she zoomed off out the front door.

“Guys.” I said, walking back into the other room, just as the credits started rolling for the movie we were watching. “I think something big is happening.”

I explained to the others about Pinehearst.

“We don’t even know what they do there!” Mike said.

“Yeah I know, I was going to ask and then she just sped out of here!”

“I say it’s a risk, but we take it.” Duff said. "Not join them, coz that'd be a bad idea, but we have to check it out."

“I don’t want to go alone, so will you guys come with me?” I asked.

The next day we went to Pinehearst, which was in New Jersey.

“Whoa, this place is huge, Should we split up?” Jax asked as we got out the car.

“I don’t think so. With my hologram power I can keep us concealed if need be. Although Mike can make people blind, it’d be best to stay together.” I said.

“Act like you belong here.” Duff said, walking in the door. There was a couple people around, but they didn’t really pay much notice to us.

“Real good security, huh.” Shanker said.

“That’s like all the companies in Heroes. They just don’t care about security.” Mike replied.

We read a sign on the wall. It was a directory, and right next to the elevators, so we got on one of them and went up a couple floors.

“Son, until you change that attitude, you’re grounded.” I heard someone’s voice down the hall. He had a distinct American accent. His footsteps headed in our direction.

I panicked and made a hologram around us of a couple pot plants. He looked in our general direction with a confused look on his face, but continued on.
The others walked in the direction the man had come from, and found a locked door.

“The guy was talking to someone in here.” Mike said.

“But it could be anyone” Shanker was saying as I used my super speed to rush back down the hallway to follow the man from before. I found him talking to Mohinder.
I sneakily rushed past, stealing the man’s keycard for the door.

I ran back to the others, holding the card out and waving it around. “Only one way to find out who’s in there.” I said, and tried the card on the door. It worked, of course.

I walked in slowly and carefully. “Oh my god, Peter!” I rushed over. He was strapped to a bed that looked like one from a hospital. “What are you doing here?”

“My father.. he’s alive. He locked me in here like this.”

“Yeah, I heard him say something about grounding you… wait a minute.. your father is alive?”

“Yeah, I thought he was dead, but he’s definitely alive. And he stole my powers, I cant use them anymore.” He looked past me. “Who are they?”

“They’re friends of mine.” I said, as I introduced them. This was the first Heroes characters they had met, so they were kinda star struck.
I was really hoping none of them would say “Big fan of your work, Mr Ventimiglia.” I would have burst out into laughter if that happened.

“He’s gonna come back any time now.” Peter said.

“Don’t worry. I might have an idea.”

We all turned to look at the person who had spoken.

((cue eerie music here :P))
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »
Yay! Update! Awesome work as always Claire! Can't wait to see out characters get into the action some more!  :)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2009, 04:38:58 AM »
Chapter Fifty (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY)

“So what’s the plan?” I asked.

“We hide in the corner and scream like babies when they catch us?” Jax suggested.

“No.” Mike said. “I can hear footsteps outside. They’re coming. Claire, use your hologram power. Make us all invisible except for Peter. If anything bad happens, we’ll be your backup. When the guards come, we’ll knock em out inside Jax’s force field and holograms can take their place.”

“Nice plan. Let’s just hope this works.” Peter said. He picked up a piece of chair he had broken off earlier. He waited a few minutes, and when the door opened, he lunged forward at his father.

His father easily moved it out of the way with telekinesis, and his guards rushed to grab Peter. I created a hologram around them quickly, and Jax made a force field around us all. Shanker and Duff reached out and grabbed the shoulders of the guards.

Shanker’s guard froze into place, almost like he was a statue. Duff’s guard fell to the ground, unconscious.

“That’s creepy.” I muttered. The force field was sound proof, of course.  Peter was pretending to struggle with the guards, but it was really Mike and Shanker who were holding on to him.

“So. I guess you’re not going to help me” Peter’s Dad was saying.

“Don’t do this, Dad. Please. You’re gonna destroy the world!” Peter replied.

“I don’t see it that way.”

“You think you’re better than everyone else? That you have the right to do whatever you want, hurt anyone that gets in your way?” Peter shouted.

“I am better, Peter. It’s not a belief, it’s a fact.”

“Hey, that guy reminds me of Tyler” Duff said, as we were still in a force field. “Full of ego.”

“And one way or another, you will help me get this done!” Arthur said. He nodded his head towards the door, and Mike and Shanker looked at each other wondering what to do.

“Strap him down. I don’t pay you two to stand there!” Arthur said. “Take him to lab 7.”

They pretended to struggle, and then wheeled Peter outside. 
“Which way is it??” Shanker wondered.

“We are so dead.” I said. “He’ll suspect something.”

“I’ll meet you there.” Arthur said, walking down another hallway.

“We should have asked the guards for directions.” Duff said.

After walking around lost for a while, we found lab 7 and walked inside.

“Suresh?” Peter said, sounding worried.

“Hello Peter.” Mohinder replied. He was holding a needle in his hand.

“So you’re helping my father?”

“I prefer to think he’s helping me.”

“And what is that?” Peter asked, looking at the needle.

Mohinder explained that since Peter used to have abilities, he was the perfect test candidate for a formula to give people powers.

“Wait wait wait! When I saw you in the future you said that manipulating abilities was wrong. That it was all a mistake.”

“Peter tell me something. In this future of yours, what did I look like?”

“There was something wrong with you. You changed. You looked like a monster.”

Mohinder looked shocked. “Then you’re too late.” He said finally, and grabbed Peter’s arm. His jacket sleeve moved up a bit, showing off weird scales on Mohinder’s arm.

I swooped in and grabbed the needle off of Mohinder, revealing myself.

“Peter, we are so outta here.” I said. He sat up quickly and looked around.

Suddenly Sylar walked in, and I forgot what I was doing and just looked at him. “Hello Mohinder.” He said, using his power to throw him across the room, into a wall. He pointed at the other doctor in the room, preparing to throw him too.

“Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a second there.” Shanker said, and grabbed Sylar’s arm. He stayed frozen to the spot and couldn’t move a muscle besides his eyes.

Duff knocked the doctor unconscious as he ran towards the exit. “Sorry man.”

“Wait. Sylar’s not here to hurt us.” Peter said.

“You sure?” Shanker eyed Sylar suspiciously. He grabbed his arm again and Sylar was moving again.

Peter turned to Sylar. “You came for me?”

“That’s what brothers do, Pete.”

I caught Mike’s eye and we both snickered, knowing that Peter was definitely not Sylar’s brother.
“It’s best if he doesn’t find out right now.” I whispered, knowing full well Mike would be able to hear me if he used his power.

“Let’s get out of here.” Sylar told Peter.

Mohinder lunged out of nowhere towards Sylar, and knocked him to the ground.

“Stop!” Jax said, and Mohinder tried to knock Jax out of the way, but his force field stopped him.

“Peter!” Arthur finally arrived, looking around at all of us. He definitely looked surprised. I was the closest, so he held out his arm in front of him and tried to shoot me with electricity, but I side stepped easily.

“I don’t wanna sound immature, but the phrase “neener neener neener” works really well here.” I said, dodging another electricity bolt coming my way.

A stray bolt came really close to Mike, and his hair was standing on end. “Running time!” He shouted. He must have used his power on Arthur, because he was shooting around him with no aim, and stumbling around like he couldn’t see.

I looked at Mohinder, who was trying to beat up Sylar. Shanker grabbed my arm and pulled me away, and we ran for it.

Finally we stopped. “Some brother you are” I said with a grin. “Leaving your bro back there getting beated up”

Everyone except Peter chuckled quietly.

“I don’t get what’s so funny.” Peter said.

“He’s not your brother, Peter. Don’t you guys ever think about paternity tests or something? Sheesh man.” I said.

“How do you know he’s not my brother?”

“Because it’s a very strange plot device?” Duff said.
Peter raised his eyebrow at us. “I get it. My Mom and Dad are just using him, they knows that this way is safe, Sylar won’t try and kill them if he thinks he’s finally found his parents.”

“Okay. So where is the exit? This place is a maze.” Duff said, looking around.

We accidentally walked into a room where Sylar was sitting.

“I knew we went the wrong way…” I groaned.

Peter tried to tell Sylar his father wasn’t to be trusted, but of course Sylar disagreed.
Arthur Petrelli walked in, looking a little pissed off.

“I’m sorry Peter, this is something I have to do.” Sylar said.

“If you help him, you’re proving all the things I’ve ever said about you. Just kick his ass and let’s all get out of here.”

“Oh I’m not going anywhere Peter. You are.” He pointed at Peter, and that was the first time I realised there was a full wall window right next to him.

“No! Jax, forcefield, window!” I yelled.

Sylar used his power as I was yelling, and Peter crashed through the window. Jax ran over to the window, and Peter stopped falling a few metres from the ground.

“Claire!” Jax said hurriedly. “A hologram of stairs leading to the ground, please.”

I created the hologram, and we all walked out of the window. Yes, walked out. Jax’s force field was easy enough to walk on, and he made sure that Arthur and Sylar couldn’t follow us.

My hologram was just there so we wouldn’t walk off the edge of the force field and die.

“Oh my god, Peter!” I heard a voice shout nearby. It was Claire Bennet, who was with Elle.

“What are you doing here?” Peter asked her.

“What happened? What’s on your arm?” Claire asked.

There was a small electrical burn there, which I had noticed before.

“Why didn’t you heal that?”

“They took my abilities!” Peter explained.
Elle started walking away. “Elle, where are you going?” Claire asked her.

“You heard what he said! They took away his abilities! I’m sorry Claire.” She said as she rushed off towards the building.

“Elle!” Claire shouted.

“I can help with that.” Duff said, grabbing Peter’s arm and healing it. He smiled at Claire and winked. I rolled my eyes. “You need to learn how to heal other people besides yourself.”

“How did you know I could heal?” Claire asked.

“Oh, um, you know.”

“He’s a stalker. Watch out for him, Claire. I think he’s hitting on you.” I said with a laugh.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »
NEW CHAPTER! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Great work as always Claire! It's so much fun seeing us all using our powers to help out. I like that you've added little in-jokes too, makes the chapter even more funny! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »
hey...your back

great chapter, lots of good action. Ive completely forgotten most of volume 3 so this is a good refresher lol

and yes! hitting on hayden panatierre, story duff rules!