Author Topic: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey  (Read 15985 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 03:41:43 AM »
Well I was kinda hoping that Claire and Nathan would have a flying race, but besides that nice post!  ;D

heh, maybe next time eh Mike :P

I have the ending of season two all figured out in my mind.

I've also written the next.. two chapters? two and half? something like that. But I gotta change a couple things before I post the next one

EDIT: I've actually written up to partway through Thirty Three, man I'm going good, hehe
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:11:08 AM by SuperClaire »
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 04:23:29 AM »
Chapter Thirty

“Tell me about Molly Walker. She’s seen this symbol, she’s seen you and she calls you the nightmare man.”
“She’s looking for me!”
“Yea, and she saw you looking back at her and now she won’t wake up, so whatever you did, undo it now!”
“I’m sorry, I’m protecting myself.”
“Protecting yourself from who?” Nathan asked.
Adam, I knew it was Adam but being stuck in a room with two mind readers, I knew I had to avert that thought.

“Which one of her kids are you?” Maury asked. “You’re the politician, right.”
“My mother is sitting in jail for Keito’s murder. They both received similar threats. Both taken from the same picture. The same photograph, you were all connected.”
“Your folks, Keito, Linderman, we found each other, years ago. We thought we could help people, save the world.”
Matt shoved Maury. “The only thing you’ve ever wanted to save, is your own ass.”
“Still angry huh Matt? You feel better slapping some cuffs on your Dad, make you feel good?”
“Oh it’s starting to, yea.”

“This is a waste of time.” Nathan said. “Just read his mind so we can get the hell out of here.”
“What did you say? You can.. read minds?” Maury asked Matt. “Yea? Go ahead.”
Nathan shrugged. “Go on.”
After a few seconds, Matt backed away, with his hands to his head. “Gahh”
“It’s painful isn’t it.”
“How do you know that?” Matt asked suspiciously. “Can you read minds too?”
“See Matt, you and I, we’re not so different after all. Now, unlock these cuffs. I’ll tell you everything I know. I promise.”
Yea right, sure sure.

Matt took the handcuffs off of Maury, who was now rubbing his wrists.
“Alright you’re gonna tell us everything, every crime, everyone you’ve ever worked with.”
“Everything.” Nathan said.
“I’m sorry” Maury said, trying to hug Matt. “I’m so sorry I left you.”
Matt pushed him away. “It wasn’t easy for me.” Maury said, sitting down.
“Don’t.”
I decided to stop listening, I knew it all already. I listened to them natter on for a little while, I was pretty much Claire the lamp at that point. I was getting ready for when Maury was going to trap Matt and Nathan in nightmares. I had to be ready for it, so that I wouldn’t get trapped too.

“Hang on, I got something I can show you.” Maury said. Aha, now’s the time. I could of course stop Matt and Nathan from going in the room, but where’s the fun in that.
“Coz it helped me understand it” Maury continued. “It’s a bunch of stuff from back then, its in here. Come on.”
Matt sighed and followed his father into another room. The door slammed shut. Nathan ran over to the door. “Matt?” He tried to open the door
“It won’t open.” I said.
Nathan gave up on the door. “Matt!” He started to push against it.
“Well you could do that of course.”
He finally got to the other side, but I knew he was now stuck in a nightmare.

Everything turned black suddenly. I closed my eyes for a second, and when I opened them I was in a nightmare. I looked up, seeing my house around me, it was on fire.  I was in my bedroom.
I could hear my family screaming at me. I’d try and use my fire power, but I knew, I knew it was a nightmare, so I resisted the urge to do something.
“I know this is your nightmare that you’re creating, Maury. It won’t work on me!” I shouted.
What the hell was I supposed to do now, how was I supposed to stop it.
“Stop it! I know this isn’t real!” I kept shouting, but the nightmare wasn’t going away.

I closed my eyes, hoping I’d wake up and I’d be back to normal. It didn’t work. Noooo!
I ran through the house, I could hear my family still screaming and yelling, but they were nowhere to be seen. What the heck!
Okay I had to get out of the nightmare. I closed my eyes, imagining Maury’s apartment around me, my house wasn’t there, there was no fire, no screaming. Slowly the sounds disappeared. I opened my eyes again and I saw Maury’s apartment. I smiled. It worked.

I looked around, seeing Nathan and Matt fighting each other, hitting into the walls and breaking tables that were in the way.
“Ahh” I said, moving out of the way, to a safe distance. “Matt! Nathan! Wake up!” I yelled, knowing it would make no difference. “Holy crap!”

“Wake up!” They were coming my way again, so I moved out of the way. I picked up a lamp and chucked it at them, but it missed. Good, I didn’t want to have to explain that later.
Now Matt was waking up. “Hey!” He tried to yell, but Nathan was trying to choke him.
“Stop, Nathan, Nathan wake up!” He muttered.
I grabbed Nathan and pulled him away from Matt. They both lay on the floor, looking confused.

“You guys alright?” I asked, crouching down.
“What happened?” Nathan asked.
“Your Dad, he did this to you. I managed to pull myself out of my nightmare.”
“Now we know why Molly calls him the nightmare man.” Matt said.
“But you stopped it, how did you do that?” Nathan asked Matt, then he turned to me. “And how about you?”
“Okay, I can’t really explain this to you, at least not know, but I already knew it was going to happen.”

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 11:40:32 PM »
Been a while since I updated..

Chapter Thirty One

Nathan helped Matt to his feet.
“He’s gone by the way. I saw him leave.” I said.
Matt started rummaging through things, looking for something.
“What are you looking for?” Nathan asked, holding his head.
“We don’t know where he went”
I cleared my throat, not wanting to admit I knew where he went.
“Why he’s doing this” Matt continued. “Something there”
“What?”

“I knew this was a con. I knew I couldn’t trust him.” Matt said, throwing a bunch of papers to the floor.
Nathan picked up a photo. “Well we know where he’s headed.” It was a picture of Bob Bishop with the symbol written over him. “That’s Bob, he was one of them.” 
“He runs the company.”
“Looks like he’s next.” Nathan said.
“Mhmm” I said. “So are we gonna go to Hartsdale now?”

“How did you know Bob was in Hartsdale?”
“Um.. “ I paused. “Let’s go.” I began to walk out of the apartment building. “I’ll go with you guys, in the car. I’m tired.”
“Okay then” Matt said.
“So, Claire, you said you were friends with Peter.” Nathan said.
“Yea, I’m friends with him.”
< He shouldn’t say “were” since Peter is still alive. > I thought.

“What? Peter is alive?” Matt asked.
My eyes went wide. “Huh?” I said. “So how about that weather out there, when I first got to New York it was freezing.”
Nathan tried to continue the conversation, but I got my music out so I wouldn’t be talked to.
The trip home seemed a lot longer than the time it took to get to Philadelphia. Eventually I fell asleep in the car, it wasn’t even late or anything, I was just tired.
I woke up about an hour or so later.

“Maybe we should call, before we just turn up at his door?”  I suggested.
“Good idea.” Matt replied, stopping at a pay phone and calling the facility.
“Indeed.” I said.
Finally we got to the facility, Matt got instructions from the front desk and we went off in search of Bob.

“I’ll let them explain it to you.” Bob said loudly, walking around the corner with Mohinder and Niki. “Officer Parkman, Mr Petrelli.” He said, shaking their hands. I was grateful he had forgotten to mention me.
“Matt? Claire?” Mohinder said, confused. He looked at Matt. “I thought you were gonna find your father?”
“I did. He attacked Angela Petrelli, my father killed Keito Nakamura.” Matt said.
Ha, no he didn’t, but they still didn’t know that.
“He’s killing them all.” Matt continued. “And now, he’s coming to kill Bob.” He held up the photo of Bob.

“Perhaps we should talk in my office?” Bob said.
Just as we got to the door, my phone began to ring from my pocket. Bugger.
“Gah, alright I’ll catch up with you guys later.” I said, taking my phone out of my pocket and answering. My phone read “Home” and said the phone number. “Hello?” I said, walking away from the others.
“Hey Claire, its Leonie, just calling to check up on you I suppose.”
“I’m alright, I’m in New York now, in a place called Hartsdale.”
“Where’s that?” Leonie asked.

“Somewhere in New York?” I laughed, as I continued to walk through the hallways. “I have no idea. You’d have to look it up. I don’t think its that far away..”
“Alright. When will you be back?”
“Soon. Don’t worry about me.”
“What happened in Philadelphia, you said it was important.”
“It was. But it’s a long story, I’ll tell you all about it later.” I sat down in the hallway. “I should probably go, I think.”
“Ah, alright. Take care, be careful!”
“I will. See you soon.” I said my goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I looked around as I stood up, realising I had taken too many turns and forgotten the way back. Darn it. Finally Mohinder came around the corner close to me. Phew.
“Mohinder! Phew, I was getting lost.” I said, smiling. “Are you by yourself?” I asked.
“No, Niki is with me.. She must be back there. Niki?” He called out, and began to walk back in the way he came. I followed.
“Is everything alright?” Mohinder asked Niki.
She looked behind her, then back at Mohinder. “Let’s go.”
“Hi Jess-- Niki. I don’t think we’ve met properly.”  I said, as we walked through the hallways. “I’m Claire.” Crap, I was an idiot, I had almost called her Jessica.

She looked at me suspiciously. “How’d you know my name?”
“Um.. I read your name badge.”
“I’m not wearing one.”
“Purple Monkey Dishwasher.”  I said.
“Not again!” Mohinder muttered, giving me a strange look.
“Indeed.”

We got to a room that looked just like a lab, probably coz it was, duh. Anyways that’s clearly not the point. Mohinder went over to a cabinet to get the virus out.
“All this trouble over one drop of liquid.” Niki said.
“The virus could kill an entire species.” Mohinder replied.
“Or it could stop Maury and save us all.”
That reminded me, I was sure we were being watched by Maury. Weren’t we? Or was that later? I was confused, me and my bad memory.

“You’re wrong.” Niki said. She was talking to no one. “They said that they would help me.”
“Niki what are you talking about?” Mohinder asked.
“I’m sick! I’m still sick.” She said, staring at nothing, like there was a person there. It was Maury doing this. “Because you’re dead!” She was seeing D.L. standing there, if my memory served me correctly.

Mohinder looked at her confused. I was surprised he hadn’t figured it out yet, that it was Maury. Come on Mohinder! I walked over to Mohinder, purposely walking through where D.L. must have been standing.
Niki looked at me, confused.
“What?” I asked.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
Good stuff as always Claire. I like you've started the idea of Matt reading your mind, he must be really confused!  :P
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 05:26:31 AM »
Chapter Thirty Two

Niki started yelling all of a sudden, and fell down to the floor, like she was holding someone up. Man this was so confusing without being able to see DL there.
“Niki, you’re talking to yourself.” Mohinder said, crouching down and holding her hand. “I think its Maury, we need to call Bob.” Niki stood up, an angry look creeping over her face.

She punched Mohinder, making him fly across the room.
My eyes went wide, how could I FORGET this part! She broke his freaking nose. Geez, I’d get killed!
“Oh crap” I muttered.

Niki walked towards me, and punched. I used my speed to get nimbly out of the way.
“Oh no you don’t.” I knew better than to go against her with her super strength, I sure didn’t want a broken nose. She picked up the virus filled needle. Eeep, I had to get out of there.

I used my speed again to get out of the room and run away.
I got lost fairly quickly of course, but I had to get to Bob’s office before Niki did. I finally found the right way to get there, and I rushed there as fast as I could. The damn door was locked. Damn it!
I moved back down the hallway, and projected a hologram around me of an empty hallway. There was no way I wanted to fight Niki.

She got to the door and started punching away at it, she would be able to get through fairly quickly. Maury came from around the corner, watching Niki punching the door, he would probably be able to figure out I was here, I was glad he was busy making Niki crazy instead.

The door busted inwards, pieces flying everywhere. Maury turned around and started to walk away. Good.
“Stay back Nathan.” I heard from inside the room.
“I got it.” Nathan replied. “Don’t do it Niki, this isn’t you.”

I crept inside the room, leaving the hologram around me because I knew it was safer.
“Don’t do it!” Nathan repeated.
“How can you defend him, he killed D.L!” Niki said.
“I didn’t kill anyone.” Bob said. “It’s Maury, he’s gotten inside of your head!”
“Listen to me, this is a nightmare, this isn’t you, okay, don’t be his puppet, you’re stronger than this!” Nathan told her.

“You came here to get control of your life, don’t let Maury undo all of that!” Bob said loudly.
“Listen to me, listen to me. Think of your son. Think of Micah. Think of your boy.”
And with that, Niki stabbed herself in the arm with the needle.

I dropped the hologram, but I wasn’t noticed.
Niki fell down to the floor. “I couldn’t get the nightmare out. I didn’t know what else to do. I had to stop myself.” She said, a tear rolling down her face.
I left the room, planning to go home, but I ran into Matt.
At first I didn’t notice him there, I was too busy in my own thoughts, wishing I could go HOME home, back to Australia since I missed the rest of my family.

<America is great and all, but I want to know where my parents really are, back in the real world. How am I supposed to explain this to Mohinder, Matt and the others, they’d never understand about me watching a show on TV they happen to be the stars of.> I was thinking.

I looked up realising Matt was looking at me, a strange confused look on his face.
“You’re not.. reading my thoughts are you?” I asked nervously.
“Um.. no.”
“Tell the truth Matt.” I said.

“Fine, okay I heard it. “Back in the real world” “TV show we happen to be the stars of”? Your thoughts make no sense.” He said.
I looked around, we weren’t far away from Bob’s office.
“Okay. I’ll try and explain, but not here.”  We walked further down the hallway and turned a corner. I stopped, trying to think of what to say.

“Well?” He asked.
“I’m thinking!” I said. “But I suppose youuuu already know that.”
“Sorry.”
“Alright. I realise I have no way to explain this. Can’t you just stay out of my head?”
“I try, but sometimes it’s accidental.”
“Surely. Look, I have a lot going on right now, I will explain this in time, but not now, and not here. I’m.. I’m leaving, I’m going to go home now.” I turned to leave.

“And stay out of my head.” I added.
The exit was back in the direction I came from, so I walked past Bob’s office.
“Claire, wait!” Someone called. I figured it was Matt but the voice was different.

I stopped and turned. “What is it?” I realised it wasn’t Matt after all, it was Bob. “What do you want?”
“To talk.” He said, gesturing to his office.
I sighed. “Whatever.” I followed him into his office and he shut the door. Everyone else was gone. “So what is it?”

“I just got told about your escapades down at the other facility in Odessa.”
“Oh, that.” I said.
“Yes. It seems you met—“
“Your daughter Elle?” I interrupted. “Yea. I did. So?”

“Well, you used an impressive amount of power, I suppose I’m asking you to join us here at the company.”
“Even though I kicked your daughter’s ass?” I said, trying to keep a straight face. “You’re kidding right? Look, the answers no. I’m not going to work for you.”
“You know, I had a feeling you’d say that.”
“Gee what gave you that impression.” I rolled my eyes. “My sister was kidnapped!”

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
Kill Bob! He has it coming!  ;)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
Kill Bob! He has it coming!  ;)

Tempting, Tempting. I'll think about it :P haha

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 06:06:21 AM »
Chapter Thirty Three

I walked over to the door, ready to leave.
“What if I was to say I have a deal for you. That your sister would be safe, we’d leave her alone, but only if you worked for us.”
“That’s bullsh—“
“No. It isn’t. It’s simple really. A job here, and your sister is safe.”
“Fine. I’ll do it. For her, no other reason.” I said, slightly angrily. I was mad, I didn’t want to work here, it was a crazy idea.

“I notice you stole you and your sister’s records from the Company also.”
“I burnt them, you can’t have them back” I lied. They were sitting on my desk at home, I hadn’t had the chance to look through them yet.
“All I’ll need from you now, is your phone number and then you can go home. I’ll call you when you’re needed.” He handed me a pen and a piece of paper.
“Right.” I hesitated, but then wrote down my number. “Hey, I forgot to ask. Do I get paid?”
I left the facility, my head was a jumble of thoughts, this was such a bad idea, but at least Leonie would be safe.

I flew home, since it was easier than getting a taxi or whatever.
“Ah, you’re back!” Leonie said as I walked through the door. She looked confused, probably coz of my angry expression. “Everything.. okay?”
I explained to her the deal I made. I told her how confused I was but I needed to make sure she was safe.

“I say don’t do it, don’t worry about me!” She said
“I can’t let you get kidnapped again! I want you safe!”
“Look, little sister, I’m the older one, I’m supposed to be the one keeping YOU safe.”
“Probably. But listen, I have to do this, to help you. Whether we like it or not, I have to.”

The next day, I got a phone call from Bob.
“You’re needed, I booked you on a flight to Costa Verde.”
“No need for a flight, I can get there my own way. Just tell me where to meet you.”
I was told directions of where to meet with him, and I checked on my map so I knew where to go.
I went outside, and flew off in the air, in the direction of Costa Verde. It took me ages but finally I got there. I went to the meeting spot. I wasn’t told much though, so I didn’t know who’d be there.

“Okay, I’m here, now what?” I said to Bob.
“We’re waiting for Mohinder. He should be here soon.”
“Right. So why are we in Costa Verde?”
“You’ll be working with Elle.”
“Seriously? Do I have to?” I protested. I never really liked Elle. “Don’t you pair people who have powers with other people who don’t have powers?”
“Usually. But you’ll be working with Elle and Mohinder. Safer that way.”
“So they’re my babysitters? Oh joy.”

“Ah, there he is.” Bob said. “Welcome to Costa Verde.” He walked over to Mohinder.
“Claire? What are you doing here?” He asked.
“She’s working with you.”
“Seriously.” Mohinder looked confused.
“By the way, I’m as confused as you. I didn’t get told much.”
“How are we going to do this?” Mohinder asked Bob.

“Swiftly. We grab Claire Bennet, we take out her father, we get out.”
“By take out, you mean kill.”
“It is a euphemism.” Bob said.
Achoooo I sneezed while Mohinder said something.
“I never agreed to take out anybody.” He finished.
“You were loyal to Bennet, I get that, but the two of you were going to take down the company. Well you made the right choice in telling me the truth.”
“I’m not choosing sides. This is about Claire’s blood curing Niki. I’m just trying to do the right thing for everyone.”

“That’s what I like about you Dr Suresh. Your moral compass always points true North.”
What the hell was that supposed to mean?
“Which is why you’re going to get a new partner, one who can execute. One who’s compass points North, North West.”
We were walking towards Elle, she was sunbaking. 
“I hope you’re using sunscreen.”
“Ugh, Overprotective much?”

“Dr Suresh, I would like you to meet my daughter, Elle. And Claire, you already met her.”
“Ha. Yea.” I said.
“Your daughter?” Mohinder asked. “She’s the executioner?”
“What’s your super power, punching bag?” Elle asked. She looked at me. “You again. I’ll play nice so long as someone’s around.”  Ugh god she annoyed me.
“Have you been working on your sharp shooting? I wouldn’t want you to get to close to Bennet.”
“Hey fight club. Check this out.” She said to Mohinder.

She pointed at a glass filled with some alcoholic drink and zapped it with electricity. It caught on fire.
“Shocking…” I said sarcastically.
She blew on her finger as if it was a gun. What a total moron.
We walked to a hotel room nearby.

A little while later, Mohinder got a phone call, once he was finished talking he came back inside from the balcony.
“That was Bennet.”
“Does he know we’re here?”
“No. He just wanted to know some information, a location of a boy.”
Elle was putting bullets in a gun, while Mohinder was putting on a gun holster. Crazy idiot.

“Maybe we can use this to our advantage.” Mohinder continued
“How so?” Bob asked.
“We feed him a false location, we isolate him. We get him away from Claire, we don’t have to kill him.”
“Do you know what happens when you change your plans mid stream?” Elle said, she was annoying and wouldn’t stop touching Mohinder. I rolled my eyes.
“No.”

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 09:43:04 AM »
I say again: kill Bob, he has it coming! And kill Elle too!  ;)

Nice to see you getting involved with the Bennet family. Hopefully things will work out better with you there.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:55 AM »
haha this is great, i love how you hate elle, so funny

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 04:48:58 AM »
((Okay, guys, its been a long time. A really long time. I think I gave up on this because I ran out of inspiration or something... now that season three has started it kicked my brain into gear. Excuse me while I say... HOLY CRAP MY LAST CHAPTER WAS POSTED JUNE 9TH!  :o Definately a long time.
I've been checking to see if I still have readers, so I have a few, thats alright. Feel free to comment, coz I need the comments, here or in PM, I don't mind! Suggestions are good too. I decided I will update quicker than FOUR MONTHS!
But I'm not sure how long it will be between chapters.))

The long awaited (:P) Chapter Thirty Four...

“Alright, let’s go.” Elle said. The three of us, me, Elle and Mohinder walked outside and got in a car.

“Meet you there.” I said, getting ready to fly away, flicking my lighter and creating a small flame in the palm of my hand.

“You can’t just go off some place without us.” Elle said.

I grinned. “Watch me.” A few seconds later I was zooming through the air. I had no intention of following any orders coming from anyone working with the company, especially from Elle.

I knew exactly where I was going, I had even already looked at a map and figured out a way there. The corner of Ocean Ave and Fourth Street. Lucky my memory wasn’t always terrible, when it came to Heroes.

I landed across the street and walked over, seeing West and Noah Bennet. Noah was talking on his mobile, I knew it was Mohinder.

He said something and stood up, letting West roll away and stand up.
“What’s going on?” West demanded.

“Claire’s in danger. I need your help.”

“Hi there.” I said, strolling over. “I think I can help.”

“Who are you?” West asked me.

“Hi West. I’m Claire. Yes, another Claire. I’m uh… an old friend?” I raised my eyebrow. “How about we walk?” I gestured with my hands.
I turned to Noah. “I’m sort of.. working with the company. I got forced into it but I have no intention of really helping them. And Elle…” I sighed. “She annoys me, lets leave it at that.”

“Where are we going? You said on the phone..” West started to say.

“I’m getting my car, I’m meeting Mohinder Suresh. I need you as backup, I have a plan.” He explained a few details of his plan and we continued walking.

A few minutes later Noah was driving away, leaving me and West alone. “You fly too, huh?” He asked.

“No. I don’t.” I said as I launched into the air with the flames around me.

“That’s cool, but doesn’t it get annoying?”

“Well it’s not very good for stealth, if that’s what you mean.” I said loudly over the wind

We followed Noah’s car through the air.  He stopped to talk to Mohinder, but a few minutes later he was moving again, with Mohinder in the car. Finally they stopped and got out, Mohinder pointing a gun at Elle. We were close enough to see but not be spotted.

I nodded at West and landed close by. He flew off to a short distance away, just as we had discussed.

“Whoa, sorry I’m late.” I said, jogging up to Elle. She had electricity formed in her hand, walking over to Noah. She turned to me, distracted, as West flew down to get her, hitting into Noah’s parked car.

West rolled over and stood up, Elle seemed to be unconscious.
“Real nice moves.” I said, rolling my eyes. West looked like he was in pain from the fall.

Mohinder and Noah were fighting, Noah wrestling to get the gun from him. He got a punch to the face, to which he retaliated and hit Mohinder in his broken nose. Ouchies. Now Noah was pointing the gun at Mohinder.
“You lie to me? You betray me? Come after my daughter?” He yelled angrily, clicking the gun. “How did you think it was gonna end?”

I knew he didn’t shoot him, but I was trying to think of what WOULD happen if Mohinder was shot. I had no idea.
“Mr Butler! What are you doing?” West asked.

“Shush, I’m trying to watch…” I said. West just gave me a confused look.

Noah put the gun back to safety mode, clicking it. Mohinder breathed a sigh of relief. “No ones taking my little girl!” He yelled, kicking Mohinder.

“Badass.” I muttered. I walked over to Noah. “Anyone ever tell you that you’re a badass?” He just looked at me, and told West to pick Elle up.

Mohinder looked up at me. “What are you doing…” He asked, his hands covering his face.

“Being badass?” I said with a grin, even though I wasn’t doing a single thing that was badass.

About 10 minutes later we were back at the Bennet house. Noah rushed in while West was picking Elle up out of the car.

“Sandra! Claire!” Noah yelled.

I waited for West before walking inside. The house was even nicer in real life.

“Hi Mrs Butler. It’s good to, er, see you again.” It would have been really strange for Claire’s Mum, seeing Claire’s boyfriend holding some random unconscious girl. So weird.

“Mr Muggles doggy bath!” I said, not realising I had spoken out loud. Noah gave me a strange look before asking Sandra where it was.

I helped West strap Elle into a chair. West took off her shoes and put her feet in the doggy bath. Noah sprayed her with a hose that came out of the sink. Weird American inventions.

Finally Elle woke up, looking annoyed, trying to escape.

“I need to speak to your father.” Noah said patiently.

“What do you think, this is my first day?” Elle retorted, forming electricity in her hands, and electrocuting herself. She screamed in pain. Ouchies. It’s totally a different story when you know its special effects, but this was right in front of me! Totally awesome.

“Stings like a b***h doesn’t it?” Noah said.

What a great line.  I tried to resist laughter but I started to almost giggle.

“I know all about your ability, Elle.” Noah said, telling her a story about the testing Elle went through. Totally awesome. “Why do you think I never let the company anywhere near Claire? I didn’t want her to become you.”

Total awesomeness. Did I mention that fact already? Ah yes, probably.
“I have a plan!” I said, as a light bulb flashed over my head. “Just, uh, do whatever it is you were about to do.” I walked away, knowing I’d be getting strange looks.

"Hang on a second.." Noah said. "I think I'd like to hear it. This plan of yours."

I stopped and quickly explained. He had a lot of questions for me throughout the explanation. "Just trust me, alright?" I finally said, as I left the Bennet house.

After flying for a bit, I walked into the hotel room where Bob, Elle, Mohinder and I were in earlier. And sure enough, Bob was in there with Claire. He left the room that Claire was in, so I snuck in.

Claire looked surprised. “Claire?” She was definately confused.

“Hi.” I whispered. “Listen, I don’t have much time.” I started to untie her wrists and feet so she could stand up out of the chair she was strapped to. “I’m going to take your place.” I concentrated on a hologram, putting it around me, so I looked just like Claire Bennet. “Now go, go home or something, just get the heck away from here.”

“Thank you.” She said. She got to the door and turned back. “Will you be alright?”

I nodded. “Of course, now go.”

Bob came back into the room, holding his cell phone. Heh, cell phone.
“Did I hear you talking to someone?”  He asked, glancing around suspiciously.

“My invisible friend. She’s crazy!” I suddenly realised the slight flaw in my plan. I was creating a hologram of myself being tied to the chair, but in order for Bob to let me stand up, he would have to untie my hands, which weren’t really tied!

A dilemma! I stood up, using a hologram to make it seem I almost had super strength, pulling my hands and legs out from being tied up.
Bob looked very confused at this point. 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:24:14 AM by Claire v2.0 »

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 06:38:35 AM »
Claire is back! With a vengeance!  ;)

Cool update Claire, it's always fun to see Noah being badass!  :happy34:

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
awesome! lol gotta love our claire, never thinking things through, always screwing something up haha (story claire, not real claire...well both really, but i mean story claire haha)

esplin

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 03:16:50 AM »
clllllllearrrrrrrrr

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 02:24:04 AM »
Lol Russell... uh.. thanks for the comment? :P

Yes, its an update, people, holy crap!

Chapter Thirty Five

“What’s going on here?” Bob asked.

That was Mohinder’s cue to walk in the building. Bob turned to him. “We have to go. Now. Get Claire, watch her.” He pointed at me. I smiled innocently.

I decided to co operate as Mohinder tied my wrists back up and we walked outside to a van. We drove for a while and finally stopped, near the beach, where Noah, West and Elle were waiting.

They let me out of the van, and I got ready for a fight. “It doesn’t have to be this way, Noah!” Bob said loudly.

I looked at Noah, he could see the real me and not the hologram of Claire. He slightly nodded at me, I nodded back and smiled.

Bob untied my wrists and let me go, so I started walking. A second later, Noah let Elle go, and she walked towards me.  Me and Elle stared each other down and continued walking.  I got to Noah. “It’s alright, Claire should be at home, right now. Hologram going on, right now.” I said, as I created a hologram around us, of Claire hugging Noah, West grabbing Claire and flying away.

I knew what Elle was about to do of course. She threw electricity in the air at West and Claire, but it was just a hologram. I made sure the hologram people fell down.

“Claire!” Noah shouted, looking at me.

“It’s all working the way it should.” I said quietly. “You need to get the hell out of here.”
He didn’t leave, instead pointed his gun at Elle and Bob.

“How does it happen, what happens next?” He demanded. “I’ve seen the painting, just tell me what happens!”

“I probably shouldn’t tell you that.” I said.

“You think I kill Bob, don’t you? Something along those lines? Is that right?”

“I can’t tell you! Shush, they’ll hear you!”

“It doesn’t matter. Turn off the hologram. Do it now!” He said, turning and shooting Elle, hitting her in the shoulder.

I had turned off the hologram when he told me, so now we were all visible.

“Elle!!” Bob yelled, running to her.

“No matter what I do, we’ll always be running. But if you die, Bob, the company dies with you.” He pointed the gun at Bob.

I breathed a deep breath. I couldn’t believe what I was about to do. I had brought a gun, a gun I had kept in my possession for a long time with no intention of using it. I clicked it into place and pointed it.

“Please, don’t do this” Mohinder said. 

Noah clicked the gun. I turned to look at Mohinder and shot the gun. No, I wasn’t aiming at Mohinder.

I shot Bob, and he slumped to the ground. Holy crap. I didn’t kill him, I just hit him in the arm because I clearly suck at aiming.
Mohinder had his gun, ready to shoot Noah, but was totally shocked by what I had done.

“No!” Noah yelled, turning to Mohinder, getting ready to shoot. I couldn’t let either of them shoot each other.  Ah crap, I thought, as they both pulled the trigger, pointing at each other. My first instinct was to save Noah, as he was the one who was supposed to die here today, so I used my super speed to catch Mohinder’s bullet from his gun.

Apparently I’m faster than a bullet, but maybe I’m not fast enough for two bullets shot at the same time. I had assumed I would save one person at least, and the bullets would miss me. I realised my mistake as the bullet hit me….

An unknown time later, I woke up. I got up, coughing.
“Here, drink this.” It was Claire Bennet. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Holy crap, you scared me. I thought I was at the company or something.” I said as I grabbed the water off of Claire and drank it quickly. “Wasn’t I dead?”

“Yes. Claire’s blood saved you.” Noah said. “It was her idea.”

I grinned. “Thank you! Thanks heaps.” I reached out and hugged Claire, thinking about how weird it was that I was actually hugging Claire Bennet. “You know, I think it was actually your bullet that killed me! But it could have been Mohinders.. I’m not sure…” I scratched my neck, realising that the marks from my time at the Company were gone.

“Tell me, Claire. Were Bob and Elle supposed to die there. What about me, was I supposed to die? The painting..” He showed me a picture on his laptop, a painting of him with a gunshot through his eye, and West and Claire in the background.

“I can’t tell you.” I stared at the painting.

“You saved my life, didn’t you? I was supposed to die.”

“Yea. Okay, you happy now? You were supposed to die. And be brought back by Claire’s blood, but you were going to be stuck in a cell by the company. I suggest you be careful who you let in the house.”

“We should move.”

“NO!” I almost shouted. “Sorry. I don’t think you should move, just stay careful. Oh crap, what’s the date?”

“You’re a very confusing girl.” Noah said, and then told me the date.

“Yea. I know. Listen, I have to get to Texas, can I borrow a map?”

“Texas?” Claire asked.

“Yep, Odessa. Where you used to live. I have to go save your other Dad. Nathan.”

“What are you talking about?”

I borrowed a map from them, trying to change the subject but of course they wanted to know how I knew the things I knew. It was way too hard to explain. I thanked them again for the help and for bringing me back to life. I even got to keep the bullet that had killed me. I put it in my pocket, it was kind of cool.

“Wait, why are you going to Odessa? What’s going to happen? Do you know the future or something?” Claire asked me.

“I’m sure I can tell you eventually. But for now, I have to go and help Nathan. I’ll keep you updated.” I got her phone number and told her I’d call her soon to tell her what happened. “Just make sure you watch the news.” I grinned and walked out of the Bennet house, patting Mr Muggles on the way out, just because I could.

I got out my mobile phone and dialled my sisters number. “Hey, Leonie?”
“Claire! How goes things in California?”

“Great, I saved some lives, shot some people, you know, the usual.”

“Yes.. the usual… tell me all about it later, okay?”

“Sure. Now, are you in Texas yet?”

“Yea. Got in this afternoon. I’m waiting at the diner.”

“Get to Primatech Paper. I’ll meet you there, okay?” I said my goodbyes and hung up the phone, and jumped into the air, flying away to Texas.

It was going to take me a while, so I had to hurry the heck up. I wasn’t sure how much time I exactly had, I just had to hurry.