Author Topic: Did Rachel tell her mom about Tobias?  (Read 4594 times)

Offline musicman88

Re: Did Rachel tell her mom about Tobias?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »
I'M WORKING ON IT, MKAY?!?

I'm hoping to get the next chapter up tonight, but no promises...
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Canicula

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
They all lived in the Hork-Bajir Vally and when they found Loren Tobias was in his human form more often. I think it would have been difficult to hide that they were together and Naomi saw them together.
I don't think Rachel told her, but she didn't hide it either.
And on Rachel's funeral Naomi gave Tobias her permission to take the urn (I'll never understand that. What kind of mother would someone let take the urn of her daughter?), so she I'm sure she knew.

I'm from Germany, so don't wonder, if my sentences are a bit weird sometimes...

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »
What else can I say? Everything seems to have already been said. What we SHOULD be focusing on more is Naomi's reaction. Seriously, for all she knows, he's a sentient bird that has morphing powers. Did they ever tell her about the Ellimist? I really don't think so, as they did have more pressing concerns. Then again, Naomi doesn't really understand how morphing works, so I don't think she'd really know Tobias was trapped and then given back his powers. Hmm...

EDIT: And wow! What an old thread! lol :D

Offline XtheoniongirlX

• Queen of Smut
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
Naomi gave Tobias her permission to take the urn (I'll never understand that. What kind of mother would someone let take the urn of her daughter?), so she I'm sure she knew.

I actually thought it redeemed her, considering how irritating she was during the final arc. She loved Rachel, but she didn't understand what she had become. By the end Naomi saw her as most of the other Animorphs saw her. She loved her, but she was a stranger to her at that point; she missed out on her daughter's steady growth of her eagerness for brutality. I think her allowance of Tobias carrying away her remains was a silent acknowledgement of the fact that Tobias knew Rachel much better and, not to reduce or compare a mother's grief for the passing of her eldest daughter, that he was more affected by her death. She was his only solid tie to humanity and the only consistent human relationship he ever had.

So, kudos to Naomi for not being irrationally possessive like most other mothers would have been. I'm impressed.
The store was closed, but the salesman said he could wait if we hurry.
But we were delayed en route when a stingray in front of us killed a pedestrian.

Offline Pippi

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 01:32:56 AM »
She might have told her but I'm not so sure. Tobias spent most of his time in the Hork Bajir valley in his Human morph so, if Noami noticed the interaction between them I think she would have figured out that those two were more than friends. K.A said in an interview that they couldn't dot every i and cross every t due to page constraints so I guess that explains it among other things like Rachel dad not being at her funeral and so on.
There are no innocents. There are, however,
different degrees of responsibility.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 12:38:17 AM »
If you really want to do a competitive fanfic, we can work out the rules in PMs.

It would be fun, but unless you want to wait 3 weeks for one chapter to be finished then I don't think it'll work.  And besides, I have to finish my "Ax the Prostitute" story first and who knows how long that'll take...

How can Ax be a prostitute?