Author Topic: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!  (Read 31753 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!
« Reply #510 on: July 22, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »
(Been there. That's okay. I'll be away from about 5:30 Central Time until...tomorrow morning-ish.)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #511 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:20 PM »
(Mm'kay. I've got a few things to say.

1. I think I've got the time thing figured out, but I'm most likely wrong. If it's 12:00 where Leo lives, it's 11:30 where Este lives, 10:00 where I live, and 9:40 where Lost lives. I think :P.

2. I'm going CAMPING! Yay! So, I won't be back till Friday around noon, (Mountain time), or later. See you when I get back.  :sign0203: I'm leavin' tomorrow. Bye!!!  ;D

3. I've got a serious writer's block problem right now. So, sorry if I repeat myself, contradict something I've already said, go slightly out of character, make a few minor grammatical errors, ect. I'm trying my best.)

I stood, frozen in the water, and watched in horror as three beams of light appeared from no where and sizzled through the roof of the massive ship. It lurched sideways slightly, up and down, then came speeding in my direction. I gasped and closed my eyes, anticipating the crash.

Water exploded like shattering glass as the ship broke the surface. I felt myself being dragged under, battered and tossed like a toy, unable to breathe, unable to think. I opened my eyes for a brief moment, and through the blur of the blue-green water, saw the large, jagged rock less than three centimeters from my head. At this speed, it would knock me unconscious. And I would die.

I waited. Waited for the pain. Waited for the darkness to close in. But nothing happened. I opened my eyes and looked ahead to see that everything around me was completely frozen. I turned effortlessly in a full circle. I could breathe. It was as if I weren't underwater at all.

"What's going on?" I asked. I didn't expect an answer. I suddenly remembered the night at the hospital, and the man who stopped the bullets in midair. "Who are you?"

MY IDENTITY IS OF NO IMPORTANCE TO YOU.

I shuddered slightly, both terrified and angry. "What do you want?"

I WANT NOTHING. I AM ONLY HERE TO MAKE AN OFFER.

"Offer, huh? What do you mean?" I realized that this was, most likely, a dream or a hallucination. Perhaps I had been saved, and I was only unconscious now.

YOU MUST CHOOSE.

"Choose what? Are you incapable of finishing a sentence?" I snapped. I was beginning to lose patience.

WOULD YOU RATHER DIE HERE AND NOW IN THIS LAKE, OR LIVE THE REMAINDER OF YOUR LIFE IN FEAR AND PAIN?

It was a stupid question, in my opinion.

"What are you saying?"

I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND, LEAH. THESE PAST FEW DAYS, YOU'VE BEEN MISERABLE. I'M GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO PUT IT ALL TO AN END.

I thought about it. I thought about the events that had taken place recently. About how I had been thrown into this war. And this person--man--whoever he was, was giving me the chance to leave it all behind. But then, what would become of Ais and Edward? What would become of the human race? I couldn't turn my back on the rest of the world. If there was a chance that I could make a difference... I would take it.

"I want to live," I said.

VERY WELL.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #512 on: July 22, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »
(Hah! Nice. I'll miss ye', Charlie! Have a great time! Bedtime sooner than later, it shall be for me, so I go Yoda-like into dreamland. G'night!)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Leonardodavinci

« Reply #513 on: July 23, 2008, 06:08:08 AM »
(I would just like to say one thing on my behalf, as to the reason I am not participating. I have been busy every day, and when I come back, I realize that there is this massive ship coming out of nowhere, and 2 nearly god-like characters. So if someone could summarize...)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »
(Okey...The One is only an NPC...a character who can further the action, but not be completely controlled by any single character. Like Alistair, sorta'. The Man, played by Marcion, isn't really allowed to do much beyond start new missions and give us ways to avoid dying. I've already warned him that I won't tolerate him going Mary-Sue and hi-jacking the story, and he's done pretty well so far. There are TWO ships, and one just shot the other out of the sky. Leah has been given the choice of a merciful death or a long and painful life, and she took life. Do ye' follow?)

Offline lostincyberspace

« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
Even though I have written quite a bit I too am a bit confused. ???
It is rather off the wall and keeps getting pulled back in to action when it really should have slowed down. the characters will most likely have to sleep for a week after this to facilitate recovery.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #516 on: July 23, 2008, 03:53:16 PM »
(Definitely. First, we must get to Oregon. *LIGHTBULB MOMENT!!!* Hi-jack the ship!! Hi-jack the bloody ship!! Okay, now that I've planted the seeds for plot movement, I must go do some reading. G'day!)

Offline lostincyberspace

« Reply #517 on: July 23, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
(Definitely. First, we must get to Oregon. *LIGHTBULB MOMENT!!!* Hi-jack the ship!! Hi-jack the bloody ship!! Okay, now that I've planted the seeds for plot movement, I must go do some reading. G'day!)

Huh?  ??? ??? ???

I am lost in what you were trying to say, which is in cyberspace.

Why must we get to Oregon?

Which ship the one that just got shot down, or the one that shot it?

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #518 on: July 23, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »
('Ello. So, the camping trip is postponed till next weekend, due to some unexpected storms near our campsite. So Dad and I went and hung out at the library for a few hours and headed home.

Well, if we do, we'll probably be hi-jacking the ship that shot the other one down. I don't think it would be easy to fly a ship with waterlogged controls. And I don't know why we're going to Oregon, specifically. Probably because it's closest to where we are in the game.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 07:26:35 PM by CharlieTheUnicorn13 »
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2008, 06:44:37 AM »
(Oregon has mucho forest and next-to-nada people. Washington is better, if you want to go there via the ship. If we go on our own wing-power, we heat to Oregon or Nevada. I'm away today, so have fun without me!)

Offline lostincyberspace

« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:25 AM »
(Should I just have Alex and Todd pick us all up. Because there are many reasons to do it besides this, and we would be able to a officialy introduce ourselves to each other and not worry about any one else.)

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »
((or if yall want I can move you onto the ship and thus hijack it and have access to its data. Plus then you have a way to move planet to planet to combat the One.))

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #522 on: July 24, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »
(Hey, I am quite busy right now and don't have much time, but I have an idea that may help to stop us from having similar problems in the future. From now on, before we use a big plot twist, I think we should inform each other. It seems that the problem here is that we all tried to throw in several plot twists at once. We don't have to tell each other what the twist is. But from now on, I'll ask before I make one to ensure that no one else had anything huge planned. Well, I've got to go now. I'm going to be very busy for--I don't know how long. Anyway, see you later!  :))

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #523 on: July 25, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »
(See ya', Charlie! Good idea! From now on, either PM the group or post in parentheses() that you are making a twist, as a warning. Guys, I'm sorry for not being online a lot lately. Last night was the opening night for the musical, and I'll still be working at it for the next two nights. On Sunday I'll probably be asleep and recovering for most of the day. I'll post when I have time. Thanks for your patience!  :-*)

Offline Leonardodavinci

« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »
(ok... I've been away for far too long.... can we sorta jumpstart this again?)