Author Topic: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters  (Read 31154 times)

Offline telepathique

Re: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2010, 08:16:04 AM »
What's there to be embarrassed of?
Animorphs is a really great book series, who cares what people think ;)

I got into the series only a couple months ago (I read Goosebumps when I was a preteen/early teen).

I told my all of my friends that I started reading Animorphs and how amazing they are, that I really like Applegate's writing style, that the books crack me up and that I'm pretty much hooked. Some people didn't know how to react, but I didn't get ridiculed or anything like that. I'm not embarrassed and I know that anyone who would patronize me because of this is just a closed-minded conformist, regardless of their intellectual prowess or lack thereof ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:35:43 PM by telepathique »

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »
You're right, Telepath ^^ Anifans shouldn't feel embarrassed of liking Animorphs.
Even when nobody around understand.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #362 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »
Haha. I can go for that. Animorphs pride!

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline sublime88stang

« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
I was one of the only kids in my school reading Animorphs. I got into them when they originally came out, I was in like 3rd grade. I'm 22 now and I had totally forgotten about the books for the past 9 years, then I saw this forum on one of those adds on facebook. I did a double take and decided to signed up.  I'm still shocked that theres an actual forum about the series I had loved so much in grade school. As a result im starting to Re-read the series, I have every book (except Visser), and a good amount of duplicates, as well as the T.V. shows on VHS.
Woot for my first post!

Is this in the wrong area btw? sry if it is.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »
Anywhere is the right area if you love Animorphs ;)

If you're looking to officially introduce yourself, though, might I recommend creating a thread in the http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0 board?

Welcome to RAF, sublime ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #365 on: December 05, 2010, 02:19:14 AM »
Today, my friend texted me and told me that she saw copies of #31 at Dollar General.

I drove 40 minutes out of my way--during a snow storm--to spend half an hour searching every inch of that store. For a book I have two copies of already. And I didn't find it. XD

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:33 AM »
Awesome Steph!

We are having a fly problem in our kitchen right now, and we have no clue why. Well, we've also got this electric fly swatter.  >:D To be honest, I love gettin' 'em and watching them spark on the electrified mesh. But today I felt odd about it. First, I swatted one on the table with just my hand. It laid there, unmoving, for like 45 seconds, and then it flew off... I'd thought it was dead. Apparently, I reasoned, it was Jake or someone in morph, and they were trying to play dead. Well, it worked. And later, when I was zapping the ones on the ceiling, I noticed that FIVE of them had landed on the light, which I couldn't hit since it was glass. They were strategizing....  :paranoid: Anywho, I got at least a dozen of 'em, but it made me feel bad, like I'd just killed someone's friend or something....

Offline vitovlad

• all minds are one of many
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
Probably telling my brother I tried to "aquire" our dog.
been there bro
dog, cat, fish, i even caught a seagul at the beach and tryed it. didnt work tho, i just got craped on
alpha mike foxtrot
in other words

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »
     My friends and I started reading the series in sixth grade. We each chose characters and pretended to be Animorphs.

Yea, we made up missions; acted out missions that were already done in the series; recruited new Animorphs. I'd like to think that we came up with some pretty good ideas, but the rest of the kids in the school yard (first graders-eighth graders) just thought we were...off. Like we escaped from some sort of insitution or something :P I'm serious, our whole class thought we were weird; whispering to each other on bus rides to school trips, talking about which classmates were controllers.

Our sixth grade teacher gave us a zero on an assignment, and we were sure that she was a high ranking controller :P

Even now, I try to "acquire" my dog. And when I see someone acting "off" I think; YEERK! YEERK! YEERK!

Oh, the wonderful world of the Animorphs :P
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2010, 04:55:32 PM »
     My friends and I started reading the series in sixth grade. We each chose characters and pretended to be Animorphs.

Yea, we made up missions; acted out missions that were already done in the series; recruited new Animorphs. I'd like to think that we came up with some pretty good ideas, but the rest of the kids in the school yard (first graders-eighth graders) just thought we were...off. Like we escaped from some sort of insitution or something :P I'm serious, our whole class thought we were weird; whispering to each other on bus rides to school trips, talking about which classmates were controllers.

Our sixth grade teacher gave us a zero on an assignment, and we were sure that she was a high ranking controller :P

You just described my childhood.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2010, 05:30:16 PM »

[/quote]

I'm sure that every Animorph fan has gone through something similar :P Otherwise, we wouldn't be Animorph fans :P
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #371 on: December 07, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
I never had any friends to play animorphs with.... *sniff*

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #372 on: December 07, 2010, 05:33:49 PM »
So true, TobiasMasonPark! :D I have to find a note my best friend and I passed back and forth during science class. We were convinced our 7th grade science teacher was Visser 2 and was named Temrash. If I can find it, I'll scan it and put it up... although she might have it, so it may have to wait until I see her over Christmas. We lived in daily fear that he would intercept a note during class--and drag us to the Yeerk pool!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:35:39 PM by O Christmas Kit »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #373 on: December 07, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »

And adulthood. >_>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
Oh right, just glaze over my poor-unfortunate-friendless-me post... That's alright. I have other friends to .... never mind.