Author Topic: What animal(s) would you have them morph  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Bootlebat

What animal(s) would you have them morph
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
I would have a book where they morph into narwhals and impale some taxxons with their horns

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: What animal(s) would you have them morph
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
I would have had them get a goose or duck more far sooner, and had Tobias get an Owl morph. Stop complaining about how birds of prey aren't good distance flyers, and how you can't see well in the dark. Also I'd kind of like them to acquire Ax. Maybe not all rush into battle in Ax morph, but if he's going to have their dna, they should have his. Seems fair.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
Multiple Andalite morphs would have been useful on several occasions, and it definitely would have thrown Visser One off the trail.  Only one Andalite ever showing their face was one of the things that tipped her off regarding their identities.

Personally, I'd have them morph more aliens (Leeran, as invasive as it may be, is insanely useful and they're all idiots for not taking advantage of having that morph on their side), and also do rhino more often (seriously, it was awesome every time Jake pulled it out).  Maybe some more big cats too.  Leopards rocked while they had them, and cheetah should've been used as an interceptor, not a main combat morph. 
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »
KAA didn't want the animorphs to have too much of an edge, so she just didn't allow them to morph Leerans again, and didn't allow Jake to morph Howler again. Can you imagine if it was Jake in Howler morph on that solo mission to the Blade Ship? It wouldn't have been a suicide mission. It would have been a curb stomp battle.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »
Yeah, but the solution isn't always to nerf the hero.  You can always up the ante on the baddies' side.  There could have been a whole book set around playing mind games with the Leeran.  I loved that tense moment in #25 when the Leeran almost spills their identities.  Similarly, the Chee could have had a much better role too, even if they can't cause harm.  There are all kinds of espionage activities they could have brought the animorphs into.  On the other hand, the Howler morph might not be a good idea outside of the protection of the little game in #26.  Crayak probably had a standing order for all howlers to self terminate left in the memory network.  I figure Jake was worried about that happening, so he never used it again.

Chameleon woulda been neat.  It'd make a decent sentry morph.  Moderate camouflage ability along with fully independent eyes and 360 degree vision.  Downside would be kinda sluggish movement.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:23:57 PM by XenoFrobe »
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »
A lot of things could be done better. The Blue Bands were set up as better than your average Hork-Bajir, but in the long run they didn't cause any more trouble than the regular ones. I would have loved it if the Chee, Free Horks, and YPM got more focus. Just a bit of wasted potential, and plenty of room to expand. It just didn't happen.

I can imagine he might not feel comfortable using something that Crayak has had his hands in.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Snakie

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »
Yeah, but the solution isn't always to nerf the hero.  You can always up the ante on the baddies' side.  There could have been a whole book set around playing mind games with the Leeran.  I loved that tense moment in #25 when the Leeran almost spills their identities.  Similarly, the Chee could have had a much better role too, even if they can't cause harm.  There are all kinds of espionage activities they could have brought the animorphs into.  On the other hand, the Howler morph might not be a good idea outside of the protection of the little game in #26.  Crayak probably had a standing order for all howlers to self terminate left in the memory network.  I figure Jake was worried about that happening, so he never used it again.

Chameleon woulda been neat.  It'd make a decent sentry morph.  Moderate camouflage ability along with fully independent eyes and 360 degree vision.  Downside would be kinda sluggish movement.

The title of the series is Animorphs.  The authors wanted the focus to be on morphing animals, not fictional aliens.

Its a bit of a narrative cheat that anytime they got a potentially OP morph they lost it, but I think KA really wanted that part of the series to be earth bound, at least most of the time.

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 10:47:30 PM »
wolverines

fits with a 'kids as a guerilla warriors' analogy to Red Dawn

Offline Sorunome

• Muffins
  • Xtreme Member
  • Imma pony
    • My Website (You might loose THE GAME)
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 05:27:47 AM »
get them morph into species that only consist of one cell >:D

Offline Bootlebat

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
The other problem with Jake morphing howler is the howls would hurt the other animorphs if they are close. BTW how many decibels would a howler's howl be? I think like a stun grenade (about 175)

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 10:24:37 PM »
I would have had them get a goose or duck more far sooner, and had Tobias get an Owl morph. Stop complaining about how birds of prey aren't good distance flyers, and how you can't see well in the dark. Also I'd kind of like them to acquire Ax. Maybe not all rush into battle in Ax morph, but if he's going to have their dna, they should have his. Seems fair.

Also, if ALL the Animorphs went into battle as Andalites, that would reinforce the fiction that they are Andalite bandits!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 10:40:55 PM »
White Rhinos, to help repopulate that species.  Ditto for pandas, condors, spotted owls, etc.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 10:41:25 PM »
Not if they're rushing into battle as the same guy. I know there are some Yeerks that probably think all andlites look alike, but that would probably make a few suspicious of something. Not that a few haven't already wondered about the identity of the bandits through the series.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 10:48:29 PM »
Pigs, chickens, turkeys.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 12:22:52 AM »
I want the book where the animorphs claw out the Visser's eyes in Koala morph. :XD:
Some really cool morphs they missed out on are Komodo Dragon,Panther,Black Mamba,Llama,Cape Buffalo (Cassie had this one and used it once :disgrace: ),Hyena,Poison Dart Fog (I don't how they acquire them but it would be cool),Brazilian Wandering Spider,Hippopotamus, and whatever the hell this is http://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/107903_max.jpg

Marco morphed a Llama during "The Reaction".