Author Topic: The one who banished crayak.  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: The one who banished crayak.
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »
is the one the being in book 41?
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

esplin

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2009, 12:29:48 AM »
No one knows who that is actually.  But it could be

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:49 AM »
maybe there's a whole hierarchy of superpowerful beings
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2009, 06:29:54 AM »
i just reread TEC and i thought the one seemed alot like father, maybe its another creature like him
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Brown Globule

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2009, 04:12:34 AM »
For me, Book 41 was the most annoying and unsatisfying book of the series. There didn't appear to be any continuity with the rest of the series, nor any mention of what happened to Jake later in the books. I thought perhaps it was Crayak at first, but there was no characteristic eyeball to announce his presence. The most logical possibility would be The One, since he is the only being mentioned in the series that might possibly have the ability to conjure up an alternate reality for Jake.

I definitely agree that The One and Father are similar in that they absorb other beings. I wonder: if Crayak could become the Ellimist's equal by entering the blackhole, it's possible for other similar beings which embody many other minds to achieve the same omnipotence as Crayak and the Ellimist. The Universe is very old - perhaps they already exist, and it's also likely that more will be created.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
hey brown i love your name lol

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2009, 09:56:38 PM »
For me, Book 41 was the most annoying and unsatisfying book of the series. There didn't appear to be any continuity with the rest of the series, nor any mention of what happened to Jake later in the books. I thought perhaps it was Crayak at first, but there was no characteristic eyeball to announce his presence.
If it were Crayak, I think Jake would have known. I personally (don't shoot me!) think that it was the Orff (or some "real life" version of them, which might have been different than the Orff as depicted in the "future") behind #41. I don't really know why, but they were really the only prominent species in the book aside from the usual ones so I figured they had some importance. They also seemed to be around everywhere in that "future world" - there were Orff in the Yeerk forces, and some in the resistance as well.

The Orff that attack Jake call themselves "the Orff" and not "Orff-Controllers" (and say they're "their own authority," which implies that they're not actually Yeerks per se) and they are never identified as Controllers explicitly, yet there are rebel Orff with the Evolution Front. Maybe Orff like to play Ellimist-style games with the futures of other people. Maybe it's like an MMORPG (MMOrffPG?) for them.

Too much theorizing. That'd be great fanfic material, there.

As for the guy who banished Crayak... I dunno, maybe it was The One. Perhaps The One is like an equivalent to Father... sort of like a Father-in-Law? Except that when he visits he absorbs everything he can. Maybe he absorbed Crayak in the end and came to our galaxy.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2009, 11:13:42 PM »
lol a father in law that's funny

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
I never thought of the One as being at the same tier in terms of power as the Crayak. More like a sub-Crayak or sub-Ellimist. at the same time I did think of the One as the Crayak equivalent to the Yeerks.

Crayak to the Yeerks

The One to the Kelbrids
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2009, 05:50:34 PM »
What do you mean like the one is with the kelbrids?

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
As in equivalent. Like he'd be on the same "level" as the Crayak and Ellimist, but on the Kelbrid side. The Crayak has the Yeerks and the Ellimist has the Andalites, so The One has the Kelbrid.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 09:17:09 PM »
cool that would be an interesting fanfic

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »
yeah, that was always how i thought it might go.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2009, 01:45:55 AM »
I definitly thought of the One as being a less powerful version of Crayak (sort of like Father) since he has a more physical form.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »
I wonder if he is a race or a just a single weird entity.