Author Topic: 101 ways to revive Rachel  (Read 4805 times)

Offline CDJV

• Sadist :)
101 ways to revive Rachel
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:59 PM »
A majority of us here are sad that Rachel died, that's obvious. I think it was a bit much, and she should've seen the end. But, thanks to modern fanfic technology, she doesn't have to stay dead! So let's post our theories and try to find the most logical.

My pick is this: The one was a kind of entity on the Blade Ship, right? and this is where Rachel died, remember. I tihnk the one was a kind of parasite, another offshoot of the yeerks if you will. He's been hiding out in the shadows, waiting for his moment. He finds rachel and, on pure instict, aborbs her mind into his. This gives him sentience, and he goes on a wild road tip through the universe findign toher suitable hosts, untill he's found by Ax & company. <Witty Borg reference here>. Anyways, assuming those on board the Rachel don't get blown up, Tobias manages to get through the One's...evilness, and contacts Rachel, who's in there with Ax. They're able to get out while the One is momentarily disabled, but since only Rachel's mind as cosnumed, she would be gone as soon as she freed herself. So Ax sacrifices his body, stating that she deserves it more than he does. She manages to split off from the One, and is alive. Yay.

(I'd like to say this right now. Some of you will say that Rachel needed to die, despite the large amounts of suck. And some of you think she should stay dead. Well, this isn't the thread for that. Go vent somehwere else. This is for people who miss her and regret her death, and...well, want to see how far the fabric of the Aniverse can stretch to bring her back.)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: 101 ways to revive Rachel
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:53:04 PM »
2. tie k.a. down to a chair and force her to re-write the last two books.

esplin

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
*is this bored board material?*

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:54:32 PM »
3. Tie the Ellimist down to a chair and force him to bring her back to life
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:19:31 PM by Kingdom Blue »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline CDJV

• Sadist :)
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:59:36 PM »
Well I was hoping for *real* ways but okay... :)

and this would stay here because it realtes to Animorphs and the books.

Also, the Ellimist (and by that extent the Crayak) canèt bring her back because itès against there rules. The normal people have to act on there own.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:01:55 AM »
*is this bored board material?*

maybe.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 12:19:22 AM »
My pick is this: The one was a kind of entity on the Blade Ship, right? and this is where Rachel died, remember. I tihnk the one was a kind of parasite, another offshoot of the yeerks if you will. He's been hiding out in the shadows, waiting for his moment. He finds rachel and, on pure instict, aborbs her mind into his. This gives him sentience, and he goes on a wild road tip through the universe findign toher suitable hosts, untill he's found by Ax & company. <Witty Borg reference here>. Anyways, assuming those on board the Rachel don't get blown up, Tobias manages to get through the One's...evilness, and contacts Rachel, who's in there with Ax. They're able to get out while the One is momentarily disabled, but since only Rachel's mind as cosnumed, she would be gone as soon as she freed herself. So Ax sacrifices his body, stating that she deserves it more than he does. She manages to split off from the One, and is alive. Yay.
how exactly does that fit in with being hit by a polar bear, and drifting in space, and getting cremated on earth? or do you mean rewriting the storyline?

Offline Early

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 01:02:45 AM »

EDIT: added number, to contribute to 101

#4)
-What about that thing that was used in book ((looks through his library)) #34.  When they put Aldrea's mind in Cassie's body?  Has that been done yet?

Perhaps when Jake told Rachel she'd be doing this potentially deadly mission, she decided to get it done to ensure that she'd be available in the future if she was needed. 

It wouldn't work as Rachel being afraid to die, it'd have to be something like:  "The thought of being alive and yet not disgusted me.  If I might die doing this, then that was final to me.  But my friends... Tobias...  No.  I had to be there for them.  Even if I was really dead."   Especially if she doesn't think the plan will work and the war might continue.((thumbs through #34)).

Hmm, doesn't say where Quafijinivon goes at the end of the book.  Back to the Hork-Bajir home world or does he stay on Earth in hiding after returning the Animorphs home?  As the last of his kind, there's really no reason to return to the yeerk-controlled planet.

Also, she has a reason to think of the idea, as she made such a tissy over not being picked, while Cassie was.  The incident would give rise to the idea in the future. 

Her mind would have been copied before the fight, so she wouldn't remember killing Tom or even if they won the war, which would give rise to a little tear-jerker scene.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:12:48 PM by Early »

"Something witty and compelling in quotation marks... Heck, why not, it rhymes too."

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 01:20:06 AM »
 :o

:(

:o

:(

...   >:(

Boo-urns.
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:07:15 AM »
Be quiet.

;D

The whole thing sickens me.  Go read any other Scholastic series, if you want the good guys to all win without any emotional sacrifice.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 02:09:05 AM »
Be quiet.

;D

The whole thing sickens me.  Go read any other Scholastic series, if you want the good guys to all win without any emotional sacrifice.

this thread is just a game. don't take it personally.

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 02:11:50 AM »
It's simple, they just need to beat The One and then tour the galaxy for . . . the Black Star Dragon Balls.

No, seriously? She's pretty well screwed but I remember as a kid I used to think of ways she could have survived.
One might be that her body was not discarded, that always kind of surprised me. The fleeing yeerks decide to just ditch the body? No, no, they wouldn't have had time (obviously they did, I'm rationalizing) it would have been silly, what were they trying to be nice?
If Visser One's host can be cured of the injuries she sustained, if Marco can be literally brought back from the dead by Erek and if these yeerks have just lost their leader they need a host with experience. So I suggest that Tom's body was too badly damanged to be saved. Rachel was killed by the bear, but not in a manner that would leave her permanently useless, her injuries were healed and she was revived, a low ranking human or perhaps a Gedd if there was one aboard, morphed her and was simply discarded so the enemy would have a body to find, so they wouldn't pursue looking for Rachel.
They waited for her to finish her final communication, let everyone see her die, then left a fake body for the Animorphs to find all while the true Rachel became a controler. Her experience and strength went to the Yeerks. The fate would have been worse than death, sure, but she'd be alive and there'sa chance she could have been rescued later. Three years of galactic battle later Rachel could have been tempered into the experienced leader needed to help mankind against The One, Jake can't be everywhere at once after all.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 02:31:20 AM »
-What about that thing that was used in book ((looks through his library)) #34.  When they put Aldrea's mind in Cassie's body?  Has that been done yet?

Perhaps when Jake told Rachel she'd be doing this potentially deadly mission, she decided to get it done to ensure that she'd be available in the future if she was needed. 

It wouldn't work as Rachel being afraid to die, it'd have to be something like:  "The thought of being alive and yet not disgusted me.  If I might die doing this, then that was final to me.  But my friends... Tobias...  No.  I had to be there for them.  Even if I was really dead."   Especially if she doesn't think the plan will work and the war might continue.((thumbs through #34)).

Hmm, doesn't say where Quafijinivon goes at the end of the book.  Back to the Hork-Bajir home world or does he stay on Earth in hiding after returning the Animorphs home?  As the last of his kind, there's really no reason to return to the yeerk-controlled planet.

Also, she has a reason to think of the idea, as she made such a tissy over not being picked, while Cassie was.  The incident would give rise to the idea in the future. 

Her mind would have been copied before the fight, so she wouldn't remember killing Tom or even if they won the war, which would give rise to a little tear-jerker scene.

That's very similar to the idea that I'm writing in my fanfic!  I'm going to put mine in a spoiler, in case anybody is reading my fanfic and doesn't want it spoiled:

[spoiler]Basically, the story is that, in book 34, Quafijinivon was only helping the Hork-Bajir fight off the Yeerks so that he could have a distraction to enable him to ressurrect the Arn.  I figure the Arn would have prepared for the eventuality of their own extinction, and would have had some form of storage of Arn DNA ready for just such a situation, so they could recreate their race.  So after the war, the Arn are back again, and one of them happens to have inherited an unknown ixcila from Quafijinivon.  She activates it to see who it is, and it turns out to be Rachel's.  The other Animorphs, on a mission to check out some shady Yeerk business on the Hork-Bajir homeworld, find her, who is currently in a Hork-Bajir's body.  But she's being held hostage by the Arn that brought her back, thus forcing the Animorphs to free the Arn, since the Arn are being used as slaves to develop new technology for the Yeerks that survived the war.  They later make the deal that the Arn will trigger an allergy in Cassie to make her burp out the DNA that she acquired in book 12, so that Rachel will have a new body.  However, this is done only in exchange for making sure the Andalites are informed of the Yeerks' activities, which the Animorphs fear might start a new war . . . [/spoiler]

I always wanted to find a way to have Rachel survive . . . but the way that most fanfics do it (the whole "the Ellimist bringing her back" thing) seems way too 'happy ending' for me.  So, my way is sort of a compromise.

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 02:33:50 AM »
Whoa, someone deleted their post.  Shenanigans!

Offline Early

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 02:35:58 AM »
Oh, I just wanted to take myself out of any conflict, I'll replace it.

What I said:

"Chim, was that directed at me, or the original poster, because if it's for me, I have no idea what that means-

EDIT: I just googled boo-urns and I now know that you were booing?"

That's the post as I remember it, please let me know if someone remembers me posting something different.  I removed it for the absolute avoidance of conflict.  I thought you were booing my idea as there was perhaps someone who did use that idea for a fic already OR you did not find it plausible.

EDIT: but we're getting off topic here
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:38:33 AM by Early »

"Something witty and compelling in quotation marks... Heck, why not, it rhymes too."