Author Topic: 101 ways to revive Rachel  (Read 4801 times)

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
Re: 101 ways to revive Rachel
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 02:40:32 AM »
But Conflict is such a nice song . . . incidentally mind telling me what boo-urns means? I could look it up but . . . do you have any idea how lazy I am?
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Early

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 02:53:11 AM »
EDIT: added number to contribute to 101

Seriously getting off-topic.  So now I have to think of another way Rachel survives just so I can answer your question.  Gee, thanks.  (j/k)

#5)
When you morph, your excess mass is pushed into z-space.  But where does the mass go if you morph in Z-space.  It is assumed that the yeerks jettisoned her body before jumping into z-space. 

We have seen several animorphs on the brink of death being able to morph. 
EDIT: Marco when he had rabies and five minutes left, Jake after fighting David, Cassie the butterfly, Jake after being squashes as a fly in #16.... pretty much every odd number book has one of these moments

Perhaps in z-space, a powerful inner strength compelled her to attempt to morph.  There was no absolute confirmation of her death. EDIT: Rachel says "The he killed me with a single blow."  But maybe she was knocked unconscious and was slowly dying and that's when she met with the Ellimist 

In the ellimist chronicles, the ellimist says "A small strand of space-time went dark"  He does not say who, so it can be explained that he was talking about Tom. (a stretch I know)

But back to the point, if she morphed in Z-space, then the material has no other place to go than our dimension.  Her excess mass (dead body) was pushed into our dimension.

So perhaps Rachel is a Nothlit in Z-space.  Fitting, considering her boyfriend.  So she must be on the blade ship.  And if she is on the blade ship, than she must be inside the One.

---now to answer: boo-urns.  It's from the simpsons.  Just another way of saying "boo".  (I had to look it up)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:13:33 PM by Early »

"Something witty and compelling in quotation marks... Heck, why not, it rhymes too."

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 03:21:58 AM »
Serious lack of Simpsons cultural awareness in here. 
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »
#?) MAGIC!
YOU'RE WINNER !

esplin

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »
Try not to double post/post uninvolved and off topic things please.

Offline t0bias

• vote for toby '09
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »
i d haven't read the book but from what i read it seems that racheal was pushed into z-space and the ellemist took her to who knows where... well if that's the case then she never died in the first place
never give up, never surrender,

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 04:51:51 AM »
1. have them use the time matrix (most obvious and plausible one)

2. just have there be a clone of her created

3. ellimist bring her back to life (is that beyond even his powers?)

Offline cams

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
#?) Find Walter and make him use some of his Fringe Science?

Hmm... I wonder what would he say about the morphing technology.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:47:09 AM by cams »

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
3)tie the crayak to a chair and force him to surrender
4)go through the same black hole and gain up on the crayak
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
now that the re-release approaches, think we should rename this and put a *spoiler* tag on the thread title?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
I had always wondered why Ellimist didn't have the whole team cloned since the beginning of the story. He DID invent the Andalites, after all. He's obviously good with genetics.

Then, when Rachel dies, he can time-freeze, replace real-Rachel with her nonsentient copy, let the copy take the deathstroke and get jettisoned into space and cremated. Then, Ellimist reinserts real-Rachel into the story after the others encounter freaky-Ax, and she helps save the day, woohoo! ;)

No interruption of continuity, check!
Rachel lives, check!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline t0bias

• vote for toby '09
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »
hey guys, if we're talkig about ways which could actually happen then ellemist bringing her back to life/preventing her from dying is completely out of the picture. but i think the most likely way is that jake tells the arn in number 34 to make an ixclia for racheal because he new it was a suicide mission for racheal. then cassie could have tried to burp her morph of racheal and then put racheal back in her own body and then it's like apart from racheal losing memory of what happenned she never died in the first place.
never give up, never surrender,

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 12:50:19 AM »
...Rachel was killed by the bear, but not in a manner that would leave her permanently useless, her injuries were healed and she was revived, a low ranking human or perhaps a Gedd if there was one aboard, morphed her and was simply discarded so the enemy would have a body to find, so they wouldn't pursue looking for Rachel.
They waited for her to finish her final communication, let everyone see her die, then left a fake body for the Animorphs to find all while the true Rachel became a controler. Her experience and strength went to the Yeerks. The fate would have been worse than death, sure, but she'd be alive and there'sa chance she could have been rescued later....
WOOO! I like that!

EDIT: added number, to contribute to 101

#4)
-What about that thing that was used in book ((looks through his library)) #34.  When they put Aldrea's mind in Cassie's body?  Has that been done yet?

Perhaps when Jake told Rachel she'd be doing this potentially deadly mission, she decided to get it done to ensure that she'd be available in the future if she was needed. 

It wouldn't work as Rachel being afraid to die, it'd have to be something like:  "The thought of being alive and yet not disgusted me.  If I might die doing this, then that was final to me.  But my friends... Tobias...  No.  I had to be there for them.  Even if I was really dead."   Especially if she doesn't think the plan will work and the war might continue.((thumbs through #34)).

Hmm, doesn't say where Quafijinivon goes at the end of the book.  Back to the Hork-Bajir home world or does he stay on Earth in hiding after returning the Animorphs home?  As the last of his kind, there's really no reason to return to the yeerk-controlled planet.

Also, she has a reason to think of the idea, as she made such a tissy over not being picked, while Cassie was.  The incident would give rise to the idea in the future. 

Her mind would have been copied before the fight, so she wouldn't remember killing Tom or even if they won the war, which would give rise to a little tear-jerker scene.

This is interesting. And so long as we are pushing the Aniverse to bring back Rachel, well, here is my pitch to bring Rachel back PLUS make Cassie a little more interesting, post-war, as a character.

Throughout the series, I never really got the Rachel + Cassie 'best friend' relationship. After Rachel's sacrifice, would it be too much to ask Cassie, if she were to prove her friendship, for once. Cassie does have a Rachel morph. I was thinking she could go nothlit and have the Arn do the ixcila stunt, and we have Rachel back PLUS and interesting Cassie/Rachel character.
It would be plausible, since sacrificing her life, for her best friend, would be total in character with Cassie.

Note: Damn, just read DinosaurNothlit's post, and he'd already thought it out. Going even further with the burping dna thing. Brilliantly thought, by the way.

Offline Visser19

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:33 AM »
It's simple, they just need to beat The One and then tour the galaxy for . . . the Black Star Dragon Balls.

No, seriously? She's pretty well screwed but I remember as a kid I used to think of ways she could have survived.
One might be that her body was not discarded, that always kind of surprised me. The fleeing yeerks decide to just ditch the body? No, no, they wouldn't have had time (obviously they did, I'm rationalizing) it would have been silly, what were they trying to be nice?
If Visser One's host can be cured of the injuries she sustained, if Marco can be literally brought back from the dead by Erek and if these yeerks have just lost their leader they need a host with experience. So I suggest that Tom's body was too badly damanged to be saved. Rachel was killed by the bear, but not in a manner that would leave her permanently useless, her injuries were healed and she was revived, a low ranking human or perhaps a Gedd if there was one aboard, morphed her and was simply discarded so the enemy would have a body to find, so they wouldn't pursue looking for Rachel.
They waited for her to finish her final communication, let everyone see her die, then left a fake body for the Animorphs to find all while the true Rachel became a controler. Her experience and strength went to the Yeerks. The fate would have been worse than death, sure, but she'd be alive and there'sa chance she could have been rescued later. Three years of galactic battle later Rachel could have been tempered into the experienced leader needed to help mankind against The One, Jake can't be everywhere at once after all.

I really like that idea! Maybe that's how it really is... At least I can say that in my mind. Kudos!

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 04:51:43 AM »
EDIT! I just realized that Dinosaur Nothlit already posted here mentioning this very element of her story! I apologize for not noticing that. You can still read what I typed originally.

Here's a great way to revive Rachel that no one has mentioned yet, and I think it's the best and most clever:

In the direct sequel to Dinosaur Nothlit's Book 55: The Difference fan fiction, Book 56: The Rebirth (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3883125/1/Book_55_The_Difference and http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4481989/1/Book_56_The_Rebirth here).

WARNING! SPOILERS!
Let me start again. In "The Difference", it is revealed that Rachel's ixcila was preserved by Quafijinivon in book 34. By accident, Rachel's ixcila is placed in a Hork-Bajir named Nenan by a female Arn named Quahyliera. Cassie asks Quahyliera to make a substance that will make her allergic to the Rachel DNA in her system from book 12. Cassie performs a hereth illint of a new body for Rachel, and Rachel herself moves her spirit from Nenan to the newly-created body. The body Rachel inhabits has some super-basic human instincts running through it before Rachel enters it, but it is unknown if there is a consciousness inside it that Rachel must fight. (Story isn't finished.)

So that's how they get Rachel back, but anything that happened after her ixcila was harvested in book 34, she doesn't remember. Her friends will have to fill her in on what happened in books 35 through 55 to get her up to date.

End Spoilers
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:56:57 AM by Dogman15 »