Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224259 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2760 on: July 23, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
If it's just going to be for a few posts, it's silly to have a spin-off thread. I think the spirit of that rule is that storylines that aren't happening at the bar should be written about in a separate thread so they don't clutter the bar thread. Just grabbing equipment doesn't really count as a separate storyline.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2761 on: July 23, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »
All right thx Lumy.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2762 on: July 24, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »
Uber-long post is uber-long. I don't want to post anything that long again! Whew! XD

Also, Shakespeare play-fail! I knew it was Hamlet! Darnit! Foiled again by this brain-melting heatwave!
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2763 on: July 25, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »
I'm thinking of having Ogreon leave, and eventually Theta. Then I'll bring in a canon species plain, and maybe later I'll bring Vogefac back. ^^ I love being him. He's my strongest rp character(Probably something to do with the fact that he's my very first pretty much rofl). Any tips, hints, or suggestions?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2764 on: July 25, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
Well how about fixing me up and sending me back to the planet??? Please???

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2765 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:10 AM »
So I have to ask... is this really fish food flavored ice cream? >.<

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2766 on: July 25, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
Well how about fixing me up and sending me back to the planet??? Please???

Of course...I meant after he was finished with you. *evil laugh*

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2767 on: July 25, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »
ummmmm ok evil laugh is weird but ok as long as you dont forget im cool.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2768 on: July 25, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
Ewa should be thankful that Van didn't switch the language to Mandarin or something, which is another common language spoken where he's from. Mostly by Humans, though the standard trade language is popularly known as Galactic Common. It's an odd mixture of English, a small selection of Mandarin, and highly simplified Beryllian. The majority of the language is  somewhat readable to an English speaker, which probably helps Ewa greatly.

The only reason Human languages are part of the standard tongue is because it was primarily implemented by the Beryllian invaders years ago, in hopes of eventually moving the population into speaking standard Beryllian. That didn't happen, so this "work in progress" language was refined by the Human government, and aggressively championed as a standard.
/End world-building rant.

Time to post!
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2769 on: July 25, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »

Nah. It's probably my favorite real-life Ben & Jerry's flavor. It's chocolate ice cream with marshmallow and caramel swirled in, and these little delicious rich chocolate fish mixed in.

It's delicious ^_^

Ewa should be thankful that Van didn't switch the language to Mandarin or something, which is another common language spoken where he's from. Mostly by Humans, though the standard trade language is popularly known as Galactic Common. It's an odd mixture of English, a small selection of Mandarin, and highly simplified Beryllian. The majority of the language is  somewhat readable to an English speaker, which probably helps Ewa greatly.

The only reason Human languages are part of the standard tongue is because it was primarily implemented by the Beryllian invaders years ago, in hopes of eventually moving the population into speaking standard Beryllian. That didn't happen, so this "work in progress" language was refined by the Human government, and aggressively championed as a standard.
/End world-building rant.

Time to post!

Haha... unless I'm mistaken, Ewa doesn't speak any of those languages. I think at this point we have to assume the Bar has a sort of TARDIS-esque translation thing going on, just because otherwise there's no way a lot of the occupants could understand each other ::)

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2770 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:11 PM »
Welp, from what I gathered in her post earlier, Ewa's family has studied a smattering of English, so she'll "get" it. Sorta. Heheh.

Now, if only we *had* a TARDIS, but that would require the presence of a- MAR IS A TIMELORD. AN EVIL TIMELORD.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2771 on: July 25, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »
Oh good. I was so figuring that you'd just ordered us fish-flake ice cream. :P Perfect way to finish off a plate of Raptor Burgers!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2772 on: July 26, 2011, 12:57:47 AM »
Please, no. We already had one Time Lord in the GESB and he was annoying as all get-out! Granted, he wasn't evil....

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2773 on: July 26, 2011, 05:05:15 AM »
XD I just have to say, straight off, that Mar is not an evil Time Lord. ;) And definitely not in the GESB. XD

As for the bizarre translation effect, we have no clue how it works. :P Granted that would happen with Mar anyway due to his general non-humanity, but it wouldn't happen to anyone else without a translator. :)

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2774 on: July 26, 2011, 10:22:06 AM »

Nah. It's probably my favorite real-life Ben & Jerry's flavor. It's chocolate ice cream with marshmallow and caramel swirled in, and these little delicious rich chocolate fish mixed in.

It's delicious ^_^

WANT.