Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224266 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2130 on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:34 AM »
Chris, just a note: It's good that you're thinking about developing your new character, but please try to show your character development in the bar rather than explicitly stating it in here.  That's what makes the roleplaying process organic, letting Jacob react to his situations and develop in the natural setting of the bar.  Bottom line, don't pigeon-hole him into acting a certain way towards everyone just yet.
Point taken.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2131 on: May 07, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »
XD Bear: when you can figure out what your character would say to any random question, you have won the game! >:D

We are the GESB. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. ;P

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2132 on: May 07, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
XD Bear: when you can figure out what your character would say to any random question, you have won the game! >:D

..this is gonna sound really odd, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time you and I have ever actually corresponded, Shenmue... Guess there's a first for everything.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2133 on: May 08, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »

Hey, there's a line for Theta. ;)
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2134 on: May 08, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »
...It's oddly quiet around here with Al, Terenia, Myitt, and Marie all gone for the weekend...

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2135 on: May 08, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »
Back from camping trip. Tara and Dave are still visiting.

....I just haven't been inclined to post as I don't really care about the fight that's going on. One of my characters is stuck in a Yeerk Pool and the other won't do anything unless Ossanlin asks her to. *shrugs* I'm in stasis (and bored).

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2136 on: May 08, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
...creepy... I think I just summoned you from the wilderness or something. What freaky timing, Teach. : P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2137 on: May 08, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »
No, it's true. We heard the call of the Bear.

NEWS TEAM, ASSEMBLE!

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2138 on: May 08, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »
Plots can get bogged down when certain crucial characters take a leave. Temrash doesn't really have much to do unless we can find more information on the rebel base, which is why I had him take a feed. I'm waiting to see if the guy on the roof is going to confront Jagill or just remain hidden. Claxter also won't do anything unless asked, like Efaen. I also haven't had much to do with Derrel.

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2139 on: May 08, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
... O.O

*is slightly freaked out for real*

that worked too well.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2140 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
.....Mar, you damn fool.

What he's doing right now could potentially generate matter inside his body that will make him incredibly sick. He's performing what amounts to a selfless action with energy running through him that was never designed to handle kindness, ever.

...things could get interesting in the next few rounds, if they ever happen.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2141 on: May 09, 2011, 08:47:34 AM »
Maybe Mar's heart will grow three sizes today.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2142 on: May 09, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »
*Laughs* You could say it already has, by the fashion that Ossanlin is actually, legitimately his friend. With two technicalities:

(1). It's not like he'd do this for Temrash or Terenia or anything. They could literally die in a fire in front of him and he would not care. XD

(2). ......it could kill him. In the world of Magic Land, blind selflessness generates mana which inside Mar's body.....is like cancer. He has good reason for wanting to avoid it: he isn't exactly what he used to be. Not without help, and he will never ask for it. Too proud.

But still, since his first coming in the Bar mortality has brought a lot more huggles to his life! XDD

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2143 on: May 09, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »
I can totally understand that he wouldn't do the same for anyone like Temrash. Maybe Myitt, I suppose? Seems he's been conflicted over her. He has her soul, but he likes her body too, or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oss is something of a morality pet, as they'd say on TV Tropes. But only for this body. If thei Mar dies, it could all be erased.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2144 on: May 09, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
Maybe Myitt, but in this incarnation he's getting a little confused. Since it is now physically possible for him to change his mind---see why immortality actually sucks---he's falling for Elayne hard. Myitt's body is sort of irrelevant to him, though in his current state that might change.

And yeah, Oss is pretty much Mar's Morality Pet---someone he's friends with out of a not-usually-acknowledged desire to be friends with someone who isn't Ossanlin at all. Which yes means that Mar getting into this friendship with Oss is pretty damn selfish anyway, but hey give him credit for trying. XP

And actually, if Mar dies all of it is gone. He'll remember everything, but interpret as one more stupid him among thousands.  :(