Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197911 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2640 on: November 25, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
Efaen watches Parker speed off mid-conversation and almost follows. It was, after all, her own Prince that was suffering. She hesitates in following, though, knowing that his ailment is likely the result of exhaustion from the procedure he has just finished. Her presence would do little to assist him, and might in fact only make things worse. Besides, she thinks, with the procedure complete my primary concern is getting to the rebellion holdout as quickly and efficiently as possible.

She sighs and turns away from Claxter, Parker, and her Prince, heading instead towards the lake. She was still full from her run with Ossanlin earlier, but she felt the need to enjoy the sparse luxuries the planetoid had to offer. Her understanding of the rebellion thus far indicated that the base was likely underground, an idea that made her fur prickle with anxiety.

Zorish considers Mar for a moment, glad to see that Tamora's head is beginning to clear ever so slightly. He notices that the stranger uses female pronouns for Myitt, which is consistent with the host that he saw during their brief conversation previously. So he does know him, then, Zorish thinks.

"Myitt has caused me some pain of my own," Zorish says slowly, not wanting to commit to his intentions just yet. Truth be told, he wasn't entirely sure of his own intentions quite yet. "Or, at least, he will. I merely wish to speak with him regarding the situation. Do you have means of contacting him?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2641 on: November 25, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »
Silver stopped as she reached the door to the sick bay when she got the mental message from Vogefac. He was apologizing and wanted to speak with her. Her senses told her he was outside the ship. She walked towards the entrance of the ship and sent to him, <<Apology accepted though I dont understand why you are apologizing. What is it you thought you did wrong?>> she turned the few halls and such until she reached the entrance. She exited the ship and found him waiting outside.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2642 on: November 25, 2011, 06:04:13 PM »
"So you're saying that you're still in contact with another person from your universe?" Keshin says with a look of doubt on his face. "You can technically do that from this Bar, but I've only ever seen Peace Movement rebels pull it off. They're all from the same place. I have no idea how the temporal warp in the Bar works, but numbers do seem to have some effect."

<Joanne, what do you think? If this guy's from a future where the Empire's just a bunch of normal people, they might have something that could be used to help us.>

<There's no way, Kess. We've been everywhere and nobody's got nothin'. Besides, how do we know this bloke's got it right 'bout his hometown? It could be a scumfest an' he wouldn' know.  I know what that's like. An' we both know the Empire's like that one in Star Wars. It's too full of it to stay up.>

<What if the Peace Movement got control? Their ideals spread? Aren't you usually the optimistic one?>

<Not about this. We got hurt too many times.>

Keshin glances off and states, against Joanne's advice, "If this Jocun fellow can look us over and find something, Static Shock will do jobs for him. And we are excellent turelek."
************************************************************************************
Mar looks Zorish over with a suspicious air, pacing about the room. He wasn't sure whether he believed the Imperial or not. Mar was an excellent judge of this sort of thing, and he suspected the Yeerk was not telling the complete truth. But that didn't mean Zorish was lying, so there was no sense in calling him on it. It didn't really matter: he had not the slightest clue how to contact his Precious.

"I've heard of strange events at this Bar taking place, through mostly secondhand information," Mar says trying not to give too much away. He was pretty sure Terenia's "sister" was dead. "But it does not matter. I have no means of contacting Myitt because Myitt does not recognize or enjoy my company. I have a kind of power over her that she cannot tolerate or understand. She will inevitably return here, and I will defend her if necessary."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2643 on: November 25, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
"Well, Jocun's main fleet isn't very far. If there's usually a problem making contact with the rest of the proper universe from this place, that might explain it. They're only about...an hour away? give or take? His luxury ship has a med facility that could take a look. What can you tell me of your problem?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2644 on: November 26, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
Salem tensed slightly as the beeping in his head began to change in frequency- first a drop and then an increase again. Assuming his system was still working, Rathien was on the move. Not that it should matter- the hunter wouldn't attack him at his current distance, not if he still believed Salem was strapped with explosives. Nevertheless, Salem's hand subconsciously inched towards his weapon.

He closed his eyes and attempted to feel his way around the area once again with his newfound sense. So many souls... such a press of energy. It was confusing... but the more he tried, the more he was beginning to be able to make sense of what he could feel. There seemed to be one soul... that he hadn't seen in here before. Behind him? That seemed about right. Would he be able to get a shot off? No. Not from here, and certainly not if Rathien was still invisible. He still couldn't associate the location of things in this sense with his other senses properly.

Might be worth bringing out my own... camouflage. Nothing I can do just yet.

He opened his eyes and turned back to Keshin. What the Yeerk was saying was true, wasn't it? Elayne, at least, had come from a universe in which the empire had been defeated. Simon's presence, if he was telling the truth, might just prove that the war was in a delicate balance, and it wouldn't take much to offset it.

He nodded, "Those nanites have helped me through a lot of hard times. They self-reproduce, so you're basically set for life. And," he looked at Simon, "they integrate well with the morphing technology. Makes them far more helpful to me."

He listened for a moment, "Simon, your 'benevolent empire' sounds great and all, but I've got to ask; what's happened to the Andalites in the world you come from? And what do they think of the situation?"

Al listened to the conversation between Zorish and Mar for a few minutes. Zorish had a pretty one-track mind, apparently. Typical Sub-Visser, he thought with a slight smile.

"Zorish, there's a limerick where I'm from. I don't know how well I can make it translate into Gallard, but the point is basically that if you spend too much energy dwelling on the future, only bad can come of it."

He ****ed his head at Mar. It sounded like the being's relationship with Myitt was more complicated than he'd originally picked up on. Interesting.

He turned to Ewa and Catie, "So, are you guys as bored as I am? We should find a way to spice up our lives around here."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2645 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
"What is he saying about nanites?" Jocun asked over the communicator.

"He has some nanites that can keep me healty and help heal wounds, and according to him they work well with the morphing ability. It might be nice to have a little extra safety in case another assassination attempt happens or something. He just wants some DNA."

"I suppose it couldn't hurt. It's not like it's difficult to get a DNA sample from someone whether they give it or not. I'll just want some kind of paperwork saying he won't use it for illegal purposes."

"Ok Salem. Seems like we could write up a little contact and do this. As for the Andalites, there weren't really a whole lot that were captured during or after the invasion, but the ones who were born hosts more or less go along with it. They still think pretty highly of themselves like they used to. Jocun actually has some on his ship. They're normally used as security guards along with Hork-Bajir. They are better at combat than the Humans, Leerans, and others."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2646 on: November 27, 2011, 07:56:06 AM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin sees his ship approaching...or rather watches as he himself grows closer to his ship.  Why are his thoughts so muddled?  <I.....I....Oh...>  His wideband thought is a terrible effort it seems. 

The Mirage's computer recognizes Claxter's thought-speech but denies entry until it picks up Ossanlin's muddled thought-speech.  <Emergency medical protocals initiated.>  The exterior hatch cracks and lowers the ramp.  The entire ship but the med-bay locks down.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2647 on: November 27, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
<Excellent!> Claxter said. With Parker's help he managed to get Ossanlin into the medbay and put him on the table. He wasn't sure if the ship itsself would get to work on its own, or if he should do anything manually.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2648 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
"Let me make sure I understand you correctly," Zorish says to Mar, ignoring Al's jibe. "Myitt dislikes you, and does not desire your presence, yet you insist on defending her due to some sort of long dead opinion she held for you once upon a time?" He laughs harshly. "It sounds to me like you need to get over it." He brushes the arm of his uniform lightly.

"If you are certain that Myitt will return here, then I will remain here. The livelihood of my host depends on it, and she actually desires my protection."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2649 on: November 27, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
Corliss wrings out the last of the pool liquid into the tiny sink on board the Skimmer, leaving them hanging over the metal edge to dry. 

He glances over at Terenia.  "Well, this is the sort of difficulty we reckon we can handle in our lives," he says, wiping his hands on his uniform and walking slowly over to her.  He gives her a modest kiss on the cheek and smiles, tucking a few strands of her blonde hair behind her ears.  "You seem to be taking this whole transition rather well."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #2650 on: November 27, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
Parker helps set Ossanlin on the examination table and stands back. He asks, "So, how does this work?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2651 on: November 27, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
<I don't really know how automated this is, or if the computer would follow any instructions by me, but hopefully it will scan Prince Ossanlin and give a readout on his current condition.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #2652 on: November 28, 2011, 04:13:27 AM »
Garreth listens Raile as he searches his memories and reminisces aloud. When he apologizes, Garreth waves it off and shakes his head. After hearing what Raile recalled as his master’s lessons, Garreth nods in agreement. He mentions, “Indeed. This is exactly what I have done. I cannot understand what this place is. So I accept it as Truth. Also, you must heed the latter message in the lesson. You must continue to cherish life. Your master is not dead; he is one with the Force now. All of those Jedi that were betrayed are all now one with the Force. You must grieve their passing and then accept it. Seeking to change or place judgment upon others is not our way. It is the way of the Sith. All you can do is continue to live and continue to teach others about the Force. It is up to you who have survived to carry on. As long as you survive and teach future generations, then the Sith will not have won.”

Parker shakes his head, unable to do anything other than make sure no one interferes.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2653 on: November 28, 2011, 06:57:27 AM »
"I guess," Terenia says, doubtfully, feeling her cheeks grow hot at Corliss and Mike's proximity. "It's strange. I feel like...I don't know, like this is how things are supposed to be. It's awfully quiet up here, though," she touches a finger to her temple and shrugs. "I guess I'll get used to it eventually. I don't know, right now I'm just glad to have eyes and ears to myself instead of having to rely on that Andalite anymore. She was beginning to get pretty annoying and..."

Terenia quiets abruptly, realizing that she is babbling. Her cheeks flush a brighter red and she roughly pulls away from him, turning to walk out of the storage room and into the main cabin, hoping he won't notice.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2654 on: November 28, 2011, 09:50:54 PM »
Silver stopped as she reached the door to the sick bay when she got the mental message from Vogefac. He was apologizing and wanted to speak with her. Her senses told her he was outside the ship. She walked towards the entrance of the ship and sent to him, <<Apology accepted though I dont understand why you are apologizing. What is it you thought you did wrong?>> she turned the few halls and such until she reached the entrance. She exited the ship and found him waiting outside.

Vogefac thought for a moment. Had he imagined the situation? It had seemed that Parker realized Vogefac's uncharacteristic... love...for Artemis. If you could call it "love." Vogefac was uncertain. His visionary gene gave him the trait for strange emotional attachments that normal Reptilinod would not get so easily, but he could not be sure he was not just...infatuated with her.

But no..maybe he hadn't. Artemis seemed very atone to the emotions of the beings around her but apparently she hadn't sensed it. Perhaps Vogefac had misread Parker...

Although, that was hard to believe considering Reptilinod of are telepathic.

{{Oh...um...never mind. I assumed you and Parker were upset at me for some reason I had yet to identify but apparently nothing happened. You both left in such a rush I just assumed...bt never mind. I was wrong.}}

The door opened...and she was standing there looking at him. He was still slightly nervous.

"...Do I have permission to enter? Whose ship is this?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother