Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 198165 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1455 on: July 19, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »
<<Is he making fun of me?>> Terenia demands, Mike's left hand clenching into a fist even as she peers over Illim's shoulder.

"Fine," she says coldly to Illim. "You had better be right, though." She selects the signal that he has indicated, letting it send a call out to who she can only hope is Salem. <<Knowing my luck it'll feed me directly to Visser Three or something,>> she grumbles. <<So how do I convince this trader to get rid of the stupid energy-stealing nanites? Based on your memories he hardly seems open to discussion.>>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:14:28 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1456 on: July 20, 2011, 06:43:12 AM »
Ogreon appeared to begin the wounded man's transport to his medbay, when suddenly, he turned to ask Van, "Are you coming too, Vweknd?"

Van wasn't sure as to what the diplomat had called him, but he figured it was a less-documented language on the Clangst's translator. After all, he had previously appeared to speak Galactic Common; it was likely that whatever sent Ogreon into such a panic was strong enough to make him revert to a more familiar tongue. That was a common reaction, in Van's opinion.

The pirate responded, "Mmmm, nah, I have the business to do on the my ship. And to be on the honest," he winced, "I don't want to be around the wounds so nasty. The internal bleeding is pretty bad. I can nearly find the smell of it!"

Van then stepped away. His odd speech and posture made his discomfort obvious. He didn't like the looks of this situation. Ewa seemed similarly disturbed, which was a comfort to the pirate. Though, he also wanted to know why.

Giving her a glance as he turned towards the door, "I could give you the clean up in the Palkoris. It will look like the mess for now, but I have the facilities you need. And the quarters of the Captain are clean. Besides, I don't like the looks of this either, sichaasi."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:45:20 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1457 on: July 20, 2011, 08:36:41 AM »
Ogreon nodded reluctantly, "Alright. I'll see you later."

What Van said about the smell brought Ogreon's senses to life...unfortunatel y. Clangst have no nostrils. The olfactory receptors are lined up on a callus area at the end of the snout. Since the organ is dedicated to smell only, and not to breathing, and since it is so large and aerodynamically shaped, a Clangst's sense of smell is rather good. He could smell the blood.

"Erm...yes. Alright. Ill be back. Ogreon to Urtahn, energize."

Ogreon and his patient glowed red, then their forms faded to be replaced by a small red glow in the middle of where their chests were. Then that too faded, and the proces was repeated reverse as the were beamed to sickbay.((I'm guessing we reactivate the GESB: Urtahn thread?))
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1458 on: July 20, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »
<<Ask him really nicely?>> Mike replies with a mental wince.  <<I don't bloody know, love.  Seems the only thing Salem's open to is bribery, unless we can force his hand.>>

Corliss' voice echoes suddenly from the ceiling.  "What's going on, then?  Is he cooperating?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1459 on: July 20, 2011, 10:25:56 AM »
The human female lowered his legs and looked like she was suddenly repulsed. It dawned on him that perhaps his behavior had repulsed her and it was this knowledge that shook him to his core. It was this revelation that made him realize the terrible truth. I am afraid he thought to himself.

A being touched his shoulder and when he looked at the creature he was repulsed. It looked like the bugs that he had faced in the desert. The memories of the tunnels flooding back. This creature seemed to want to help and although he didn't know what a 'sickbay' was, he felt that perhaps it was where the healer would be.

The creature grabbed his shoulder and they began to glow with a strange red light. At this point he again lost consciousness, although he was still breathing even though it was still erratic.

((Ummmm I'm not sure do we? And what is the Urtahn thread?))

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1460 on: July 20, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »
Although Van seemed very squeamish about the blood, he still offered to let Ewa use his ship to clean up.  That's nice but it will also remove me from the people who have more experience in this place...  She also thought a good deal of his motivation for the offer might have just been the excuse to get her into his "quarters", but he looked too sick at the moment to be up for much flirting.

Some of her hair had fallen forward and was tickling her face.  Ewa had hair ties in her pocket, but had never actually gotten around to using one of them.  And now my hands are covered in blood.  She tried using her shoulder to brush the offending strands out of the way.  I can always find these people again, she decided.  And it's not like it should take very long.

"Thank you," she answered Van.  "So long as you're sure you don't mind if I track some of this in with me?"  She pursed her lips.  "For all the good I was, I certainly look like I did a lot of work.  Or caused his injuries myself."  Rathien, with all his competence, was nearly spotless.
Work is for the weak

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1461 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
<We're waiting for him to pick up, Corliss,> Terenia says, choosing to use thought speech instead of Mike's vocalizations. Hearing her words in his voice makes her feel strange. Like she is violating him somehow. <Any brilliant ideas on what to say to the dapsen?>

Efaen reaches the Skimmer, which is, of course, sealed off. A quick trot around its perimeter confirms as much. When she reaches the hatch again she calls out in rather loud open thought-speech. <Corliss, I know you are likely within your ship; I need to speak with you immediately. Lower your hatch and grant me entry.>

Terenia groans as Efaen's familiar thought-speech fills her and Mike's combined skull. "Just what we need," she mutters coldly. She glances at Illim, "Look, I'm waiting for Salem to pick up and Corliss is vulnerable right now. Can you deal with the psychotic Andalite?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1462 on: July 20, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »
<<Uptight Andalite or ****y girl? Tough pick, man.>> Derrel said.

Claxter had not yet found Theta. Could he have really run off that far?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1463 on: July 20, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »
Van laughed in response to Ewa's statement, his eyes twinkling. Sure, she was covered in blood, but with the newcomer now safely teleported, it wasn't that big of a deal anymore.

"Mmm, chaa, it's not far from here. I kind of... Crashed into the Bar earlier. It did the repair on itself, but I need to sort things out on the, er, my ship. I have cargo, you see."

He waved his arm, beckoning her, "Mmm, there was something really out of the ordinary about the wounds. I felt something... The cause seems stranger than just being hacked apart, my mind gathers. You must have noticed that, chaa."

Van motioned again for her to follow, and left the Bar. It took a little re-orienting, but he found his ship rather easily. It was just outside the Bar, right up against the wall it had originally crashed through.

The Pirate shuddered. The Bar's strange ability to repair its own walls still bothered him.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1464 on: July 20, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
Al watched as the newcomer and Ogreon disappeared, then sighed. It sounded like Ogreon could provide decent medical service. Aside from the blood that had dripped to the floor where the newcomer had fallen, there was no longer any trace of him. Ewa and Van were leaving- she really was a mess. It'd be best if she cleaned herself up. In the meantime, it looked like he might be stuck in here with Rathien.

He wandered over to Jasper and turned to survey the bar at large. "So what do you think happened to him?" he asked in a surprisingly casual tone.

Salem's communicator trilled, signifying an unknown origin of the incoming call. Rathien? Would he feel any need to access Salem's communicator?

Salem pulled the device from his pocket and asked warily, "Who's this?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1465 on: July 20, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »
"Someone who really, really does not want to talk to you," Terenia says curtly as soon as Salem picks up. She sees no reason to let him know that she is speaking instead of Corliss. "We need to leave this rock, and your stupid microbes are still draining energy. If you would be so kind as to remove them, that would be fantastic."

<<Nice enough?>> Terenia asks Mike.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1466 on: July 20, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
Salem laughed, "Corliss, are you honestly worried about the energy drain? It's not exactly crippling." So the Yeerk had figured out how to call his communicator. That was somewhat impressive. He glanced over at Al's station- his ship was, in fact, monitoring this communication. Maybe it would be helpful for him to be on the receiving end. He'd have to remember to feed the record of it from his communicator into the ship's computer when he was done.

"If you're not to busy shooting people in the back, maybe you'd like to hear my offer. The Malleon are a remarkably helpful species. I have them aboard my own ship. They're capable of repairing the systems on a microscopic level from within. Really bright little things. Whatever they can consume in energy, they might more than make up for in increased efficiency." He sat down in his chair with an air of confidence and grinned at Mar before continuing, "If both you and they are comfortable with the situation, I'll put the two of you in communication and allow them to go with you. I won't even charge you for it. Consider it my offer of friendship to you and your rebellion. What do you say?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1467 on: July 20, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »
((sORRY, Chad, I forgot about Theta))

|THETA-PI

Theta approached the small ovalish pod. His sensors detected no one to close by. He linked with the pod and it automatically opened. As he stepped inside, it shut...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1468 on: July 20, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
Mar watches Salem's communication with a somewhat questioning look. The trader seemed to be constantly involved in double-crossing, complex dealings in which he picked whichever side helped him out the most. At one point the rebellion seemed angry at him, and now he's trying to get in good with them again. Mar figured that since he wasn't really on either side of the Yeerk-Andalite war, and Salem had no idea about his own war......he could pull one over on the little twit.

Mar wandered Salem's archives with some interest, perusing the trader's wares for connections to the Highest there. A Light side Highest of considerable power had touched one of the artifacts, which did not necessarily indicate an opponent but suggested there was a need for a force of great nobility. A god of similar power had had some effect on a machine of Salem's: it was perhaps his or had been made with access to him. This one was closer to Mar himself in nature, but not quite. "A Light side Highest choosing female," muttered Mar carefully. "And a...boy with too much Oblivion for him to handle. The others are of a more confusing nature: either their Belief array is specified to one species, or they have not been clear about their intentions. You come from a very strange political sphere, Salem."

Mar blinks, picking up a rather curious black rock. There appear to be more than one, but all contain mana and other substances. High-grade, from the look of it. Mar grins nastily, another set of eyes briefly opening and then closing on his head. "Unique signature, these. Perhaps unique to your world. They don't appear to source from any one Highest, but a Highest would want one.  It could open up more access to the Mass, if I drained one or two."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:00:56 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1469 on: July 20, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
Terenia frowns, sifting through Mike's memories of when Salem first mentioned the Malleon. "You said you have them on your own ship, right? So what's to stop them from telling you the location of our base?" she reiterates Corliss' own concerns from earlier. "Furthermore, what the hell makes you think that I'm going to trust someone who implanted a race of sentient microbes on my ship without my bloody permission?"

<<This guy really is something else,>> Terenia remarks. <<Feels kind of strange pretending to be Corliss, though. Kind of...I dunno, wrong, or something. Doubt he'd be any more helpful if he knew who he was actually speaking to, though.>>