Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 227926 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #4470 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »
just want to make sure that the GESB does rely on the Multiverse theory, right? Its perfectly acceptable to have an Earth that has no concept of Religion and is completly dedicated to the development of Technology, correct?

Heck, it doesn't just rely on the Multiverse theory. It relies on the Bar being at such a bizarre place in the space-time continuum that people from other worlds and even characters from the future can meet one another in the same location. This is true even when the fundamental laws of the universe are different in one place than they are in another.

I guess it's the place where everything or nothing is true. ;)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4471 on: July 03, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
Mar, stop being a pervert. ;)

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #4472 on: July 03, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »
I guess it's the place where everything or nothing is true. ;)

OMG. The GESB is The Matrix!!!

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #4473 on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »
So... from what I'm reading, everyone is just kinda starting from scratch here? Like, all new characters, no pre-existing history here at *this* installment of the bar, and the only thing that's the same as the last time I was here is the environment? Is that the case?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4474 on: July 03, 2013, 04:37:48 PM »
Yep. Same setting, just ignoring what happened before.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4475 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
I wouldn't say that, Chad.  I would say this is a short hop into the future from the events that already occurred. 
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4476 on: July 03, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
Annnd I'm in. I'll do my best to avoid any of my Rogue Element characters -- at least the primary ones. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4477 on: July 04, 2013, 03:47:48 AM »
I wouldn't say that, Chad.  I would say this is a short hop into the future from the events that already occurred.

I see the RAF Roleplays with the same characters as occurring in sequence, even before I entered RAF. Mar, Myitt, and Joanne/Keshin were already only too aware of one another when the Roleplays began. Likewise, Myitt and Terenia's previous rebellion canon affects all other Roleplays with their characters present unless specified. And in Rogue Element, in keeping with Luke's mental continuity, everything that previously occurred in the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar already happened over there too. (With a few possible exceptions glossed over into "What with one thing and another, a few years passed." ) Although....I cringe at how badly I used to write. o__O;
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:54:53 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4478 on: July 04, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
More or less, though I consider everything in Rogue Element to be entirely AU for my rebel characters. It's an interesting hypothetical to throw them into, but it doesn't follow the canon of Tara's rebellion (where we're beyond the point in time where they would have been attacked, atm).

Everything my characters have done in the bar, though, is a canon part of their history. At least, for Terenia and Efaen it is, and probably for Chris and Dom as well, though they were only there briefly (not much happened to them XD). Tamara/Zorish are dead no matter how you slice it, even if I had an alternate version of them enter the bar for funsies.

So...moving down the list of characters!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4479 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
See, AU characters are fun, but I feel like I would start to get confused by having different sets of experiences for the same character. Let alternate versions go long enough, they could even start to develop differently, and I don't know how well my poor brain could handle it.

Granted, though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't indulge in AU versions from time to time. Somewhat frequently for short periods, actually. I'm not sure yet if the Rogue Element Aetheas is alternate or not (though, as he's the first version of Aetheas I've written, I think it makes him the 'prime' version regardless... now I'm not making sense. Ignore me.)

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4480 on: July 04, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
I don't really consider Rebel Claxter an AU version of Bar Claxter, so I'm not entirely sure how his dealings with Efaen are going to go as far as Terenia's canon goes.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4481 on: July 05, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
In all likelihood, it just winds up being more Bar weirdness :P

Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4482 on: July 06, 2013, 02:40:19 AM »
Whenever someone points out an inconsistency in one of the Star Wars movie to George Lucas, his explanation is, "It was The Force."

We can say, "It was The Bar."   :P
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4483 on: July 06, 2013, 07:41:24 AM »
"It's magic. We don't have to explain it." I believe that's from comic books.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4484 on: July 06, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »
It was a wizard!

By the way, Jessi, your character (and any other characters that might know a bit of Yeerkish) may recognize the word temser as being roughly equivalent of "guide," usually used in the sense of a mentor. I'm thinking it's a bit of an unusual word to hear-- archaic and informal, probably. I don't think anyone in the Bar aside from Rathien would recognize it as a title.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:18:50 PM by Kitluminator »

Salem's Story