Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333924 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12225 on: December 07, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »
Mar frowns, staring at Myitt and Salem. He's not quite sure what they're talking about at all. He can only hear vague snatches of their conversation, but it is enough to piss him off. He heard his Bar name about three or four times. He's not sure why a mortal can hear their own name so easily, or why he thinks of it as his name now. He's used the name with Myitt too, although its exact origin is slightly vague. It had something to do with someone whose body he's owned. Mar wanders over and taps Salem on the shoulder.

"Are you people quite done yet? I heard enough to know that you were speaking about me behind my back. Not a polite thing to do, really. And I need to speak with Salem. I don't have time for idle, rude behavior."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:12:55 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12226 on: December 07, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
"Ah," I said.

"I'll be right back. I have to go check on the progress of the Xittoli freighter." I said.

I walked towards my ship. And I saw the Xittoli freighter there already. The long, bulky, bluish-green craft had one row of large spikes running down it, and kept going even to it's underside. At first one wonders how such a vessel would land. But really, those large spike dig into the ground and fasten the ship to the ground.

I changed course to the Xittoli freighter. I walked up to the merchant Captain.

"Ah," he said, "Yoo' mus' be teh Reptilinoad that call'd oos oop to fetch his broder. I'm Ceptain Xert'qumin. I commaund the Xittol Imperial Freyghter Minopell-Z. At yoo service." He smiled.

"Yes," I said, musing about Xittoli laziness in speech, "I am Captain Vogefak. This is my ship the a Reptilinod Imperial Scout Ship Zetylon. My brother is inside. I will have my doctor bring him out."

After initiating my subcutaneous transponder, "Doctor. Please bring the body out." I said, unwilling to use the name.

Then I turned back to Xert'qumin, "Here are your instructions. You are to take the body to Gogen II Reptilinod colony. Then dispose of him there, until some Reptilinod wants to bail him. Then, you can make a profit. You are his captor, you name the price for his release. He is a dishonorable Qu'naH."

The Xittol shivered. Xittol knew well enough what Reptilinod did to those they viewed as dishonorable. That is why they would usually just as soon jump over a cliff than drive a hard bargain with a Reptilinod.

"Veri well, I will do thes." Xert'qumin said, knowing full well there was no way he couldn't.

"One more thing. If you so much as drop him off a colony early, or a colony later, I will chase you down and take my revenge, Xittol." I said, adding extra infliction to the last word.

As I walked away, I heard extra quakyness in his voice when he said: "Uh..but wait! There es anodah thing fo' yoo ser."

I walked back to him. "What!?"

He flinched, and chirped something into his communicator in Xittol, "Friii! Xe!vbeicheri di l!po."

Then, two forms materialized in front of him. It was....

Reptilinod Supreme Admiral Vekk, and Prime Sovereign Kikulon.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:07:25 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12227 on: December 07, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
"Of course it's tempting," Myitt scoffs.  "That's not the point.  What does he want from you, in return?"

She stops and stares at Mar as he approaches, eyes wide. 

"Rude behavior?" she repeats incredulously, straightening up and regaining some of her confidence.  "Whatever you've done to me, Mar...I can hardly call anything less than rude.  I can't...I don't even know what I'm talking about." 

She laughs tiredly, staring down at the table. 

---

Corliss watches with growing alarm as Terenia grabs Tora's arm.  Whatever they're discussing, it can't be polite conversation.  

<And you're just going to sit here and not do anything about it?> Mike demands.

<No one's drawing weapons, yet,> Corliss murmurs.  

<By the time they do, it'll be too late to do a bloody thing about it!>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:32:50 AM by The Yeerk Who Stole Hanukkah »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #12228 on: December 07, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »
Silver had two more drinks before she pulled a small stick from her boot and extended it into a battle staff. She left the bar and went around the back. She found a clear opening and she began to go through stances, then she began to move her illusions with her. Fire flying, water whirling, so many illusions passed around her it was as though a show was playing. Her emotions showing through the visions somehow as she whirled the bttle staff around.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #12229 on: December 07, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
A young woman, dressed mostly in black, strides in, walking right up to the bar without bothering to look around her. She pauses, looks at the bartender at the other end, then bangs her fist on top of the bar. "Hey, barkeep! Some service, please?"

When the bartender reaches her, she smiles sweetly. "Gin and tonic?" Then she hops up on a stool and turns to look out.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #12230 on: December 07, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
Ossanlin continues on into the bar, looking around and noticing a few newcomers.  He sends a private thought to Claxter.  <<I believe that is an adult decision.>>

He walks over to the bar, sitting on a stool.  He sighs and orders some human liquor.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12231 on: December 07, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »
Al watched as Temrash wandered over to the women having a disagreement and back before saying to him and Dara, "You guys are welcome to join is if you like. It's an old Earth game, so I don't expect you'd know it, but it's pretty easy to learn, if you're interested."

He then walked over to the table Jackson and his team were sitting at, shuffling the cards expertly. "We'll keep this simple. Game is five-card draw, deuces wild. So, why the long faces, gentlemen?" he asked as he set the cards down and began to deal out chips.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:23:00 PM by Kit Festivus Pole »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12232 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:47 PM »
Mar smirks at Myitt's assertions. "Oh, don't be so presumptuous Precious. Salem just seems to want a flying lesson. Flying is so easy when you know the trick that I'm giving it to him for just a taste of his mana. Taking his soul for it would be so incredibly trite that even I can't go through with something like that."

Mar shrugs. "Of course, I also offered him a connection to my own personal dark matter reserves for whatever else he has. I like him. Unless he is a very emotional person, he will not be able to do much on his own steam. Just certain hexes, flight, and various movement spells. If we are lucky, the Mass will agree with me. I am quite full."

Again, there's some kind of strange untranslatable word he said before "Mass." Instead of the usual brutal images associated with Mar's name, it brings to mind only a sense of authority or position. That and possibly a poisonous, unpleasant whispering in the ear Myitt would recognize as the thing that sometimes compels her to do what Mar says. Though that seems to be sporadic for...hard to understand reasons.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12233 on: December 07, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »
Salem turned to look as Mar approached and smirked at him. "You should be flattered. You're interesting enough to speak about." He glanced over at Myitt and, narrowing his eyes at Mar, said, "What he wanted from me is the point I'd like to make a bit more clear. What is it you'll be taking from me, immortal? What's the price? More appropriately, what's the catch?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12234 on: December 07, 2010, 03:12:24 PM »
John followed Vogefak out and waited at a respectful distance away. I moved closer and stood by Vogefak's side.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12235 on: December 07, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
Tora slides out of the Bar's main room and into the open bathroom off the dark halway. Once inside, she locks the door and twists the unmoving metal to ensure she is secure. Only then does she remove the holster from her waist and begin to demorph, stalk eyes sprouting from her forehead and her spine elongating to compensate for an Andalite's tail and second set of legs.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12236 on: December 07, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
<<Thank you, Prince Ossanlin.>> Claxter said. <<So what are we going to do about Efaen? Terenia says Efaen actually wants to go back to Visser Three. I'm afraid sh is just not mentally well at all.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12237 on: December 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »
Mar chuckles. This game was actually getting worth his while this time. Salem was no fool. "I already told you the price, Salem. I wanted to eat a bit of your outside mana in exchange for a flying lesson. Over time, a sort of emotional boundary or coating builds between the soul and the outside world. At least, assuming the soul is healthy. This dissipates only with death and is renewable. Eating it would cause you to be...vulnerable emotionally. I suppose it is like breaking someone's guard. The effect is different with each person. You would gain it back in anywhere from a few hours to five days."

Mar then shrugs. "I also was offering you a connection to my own power reserves. This would allow you to cast more powerful spells if you so chose. Think of it as becoming a warlock in the old Western Earth conception, but without the sex. The only catch I can think of is that opening your reserves to mine might cause you to inherit bits of my thoughts and tendencies. Of course..."

Mar smirks. "...a strong fellow like yourself would be able to fight off such probes, now wouldn't you? Or am I underestimating your resolve?"

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12238 on: December 07, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
I hesitated. Bear came up next to me, and stood their.

"Admiral. Sovereign," I started, "I did not expect you to come here. Why have you inconvenienced yourselves this way?"

After dismissing the Xittol with a slow, deliberate wave of his claws towards the captains spinal webbing, Supreme Admiral Vekk spoke.

"We intercepted a transmission from the Minopell-Z. Xert'qumin said he was going to pick a Reptilinod, rank 4, up from somewhere nearby the Aurkawzen sector. There is only one Reptilinod that fit that description. Warrior Fenebok."

Of course! I thought to myself.

"We assumed your ship had been damaged. You had to land here to get repairs, and Fenebok was critically injured. We came to....assist."

Amazing! Glorious! These high ranking, well known members of the Reptilinod Defense Force were coming to assist me! Me! This was an honor beyond all compare! Surely I had done something...

Something wrong?

"All due respect Admiral, Sovereign, persons of rank 13 and 18 do not come to, "assist", persons of rank 4 or 6."

Vekk turned to Kikulon. Kikulon walked up to me. He towered 3.04 meters. 1.22 meters higher than me.

"You are perceptive. That is good." He began. What could he possibly want, complimenting me like that?

"However, we wish to know what business you had severely injuring an agent of the Reptilinod Defense Force."

...This was going to be a long visit, as I believe the Earth saying goes.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12239 on: December 07, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
Once she has returned to her Andalite form Efaen surveys the bar through four eyes, feeling much more comfortable on all four hooves. Efaen considers her next move carefully, knowing that her time in control is limited. Terenia may be moping now, but she will eventually come to her senses and regain control.

Taking a step forward, back into the light, Efaen's gaze lands on Claxter and the Hork-Bajir he had entered with. Efaen remembers that Ossanlin had been in Hork-Bajir morph at the scene of Tamora's murder and, though all Hork-Bajir look fairly alike, she assumes that this must be him. The human swords slung across his back are also a fairly good give away. Efaen approaches Ossanlin and Claxter.

<<War-Prince Ossanlin,>> Efaen says in thought-speech that only includes him and Claxter. She bows her tail and stalk eyes respectfully. <<I would like a word, if you have a few minutes.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013