Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333924 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12180 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:42 AM »
Claxter wasn't sure if he wanted to have the talk inside the building itsself. In front of a bunch of listeners. <<I will be there shortly.>> He said. He made his way to the bar, and noticed there seemed to be something going on. Or had just gone on. Since there wasn't a fight in progress, he pushed that issue to the side. he tried to collect his thoughts as he approached his Prince. Still in Hork-Bajir form.  Why was he staying in that form for so long? Well, he was still safe from the two hour time limit, so it was no real problem.

<<Prince Ossanlin.>> He said privately. So far his Prince had been using private thought speech, so he figured why not? <<I do not truly wish to leave the military. However, I am not sure I truly belong in the military. I have done nothing but fail, but I don't wish to go back home and live with my parents as a failure. I just...don't know what to do, or who to turn to.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12181 on: December 06, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
"Excuse me?" I said to the dog, "....Dude?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12182 on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
Tora sighs and turns her head to the side, catching sight of Corliss and Myitt for the first time. "That hardly sounds healthy," she remarks to Terenia as she watches her friends bicker, "but the decision is yours, of course."

She is about to call out to Myitt to ask for a ride home, if she is indeed leaving, but the human who had been harboring Keshin on his ship attempts to snag her attention first. Instead, Tora looks back to Terenia, but the expression on the woman's face surprises her into blurting, "Are you well?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12183 on: December 06, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
At the sound of Mar's voice, Salem whirled around. He hadn't heard Mar come in behind him- not surprising, considering the overall din of the bar at the moment. If Mar's sudden entrance caught him off-guard, he didn't show it farther than a momentary look of surprise and the slightly shrill tone as he shouted Mar's name in surprise, after which he quickly gathered his composure.

"Mar! I wasn't expecting to see you so soon. Your 'Precious' is Myitt? I hadn't realized you two were..." he glanced back at Myitt, trying to make sense of the situation. Why would Mar call someone "Precious" who seemed so obviously to loathe him? Was that an immortal thing to do? Or something else?

"I, ah... would you mind waiting couple of minutes? I've something I'd like to speak to her about first. In private."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #12184 on: December 06, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
Fishers attention then settled on large minotaur which greeted him, identifying itself as "Captain Odysseus Morgan." Fisher's magnum immediately settled on the creatures chest as Fisher let out a wild.

"What the bloody hell are you?." After it asked him to lower his weapon, Fisher replied, looking at him suspiciously. "How about you just explain to me what you are, why that guy's dead, and how you can help me?"

Quote from: Gaz
"Let me see how I can sum this up," Morgan said, "ten years ago I was a normal man with a new family. The dead man in question had a vendetta against me. Had my family taken away and myself used as a human guinea pig for a secret government project. Genetic engineering. I was a captive for 5 years. Ever since I've been forced to be a smuggler. In other words, yes, I captain a pirate ship. Recently discovered my family was still alive, I had believed them dead. That man on the ground was the one responsible for their pain, mine and the pain of so many others. He was one of a handful of high-up corrupt government officials. The 'verse is better off without him."

Morgan waited to see if the explanation would be suitable enough. Even if it wasn't. It was the truth.

"And thanks to that man," Morgan added a moment later, "I just buried a valued member of my crew. A good friend who died too young. His cousin is inside the bar, only surviving family member and she's not taking it too well."

Somewhere in the back of Rayker's mind, the gears were still churning, thinking of what to do next. He still felt responsible for his group. But what was there for them to do? With the exception of two members, no one in the Beta Squad had any close family, at least not any that was still alive or that they cared to go back to. This had been their lives for the past twenty years or so, and that meant they really had no previous lives to pick up and carry on with. And come to think of it, they had only crossed the dimensional barriers between their worlds by pursuing Desmond, who had discovered multi-dimensional travel. How would they get back? They couldn't even try to use his ship since Gaz had sent it away. Maybe....

"I... I left my drink back in the bar. I think I'm gonna go finish it now." Jackson said. He seemed unsettled as well, though that may also be from seeing his leader so confused. When he left, the others followed him. All except for Charlotte, who lingered for a little while before going, and Lennan, who stayed behind, waiting for Rayker to come back to reality and move from his spot.

Lennan turned to Fisher. "You assume someone here will be ready and willing to give help to a man holding a gun at them. Perhaps a different tactic would bring about the results you are looking for..."

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #12185 on: December 06, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
Silver seen when the squad entred the bar. She shifted through her forms a moment more before settling and taking another drink.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #12186 on: December 06, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »
The table Jackson had played cards at was now empty, so the group sat with him there. They ordered various drinks when the bartender came, and he quickly returned to behind the table.

"What's up with that guy? Can't talk, or what?" Antonio asks.

"This whole placed is weird. Y'all saw how this place crawled back together after the door got blown out. That guy probably traded his voice for this bar or something...." Jackson said. It was pretty pathetic small talk. But none of them wanted to really talk about what was on their minds. There were several people they'd seen around in the bar, and it was getting pretty busy. Jackson just hoped no one caused any trouble...

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12187 on: December 06, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
Myitt stops short and listens impatiently as Salem tries to eat up more of her time.  Her irritation only grows when Mar walks in and has the audacity to call her...to...

<I'll punch him, if you won't,> Tara offers conversationally.

Instead of conceding to her host's tempting offer, she turns her attention back to Salem.

"What is it?" she says, as calmly as she can, already stepping towards the empty booth.  "I don't have all day."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #12188 on: December 06, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »
Ossanlin comes up short in front of the bar, regarding Claxter.  <<Support is helpful Claxter, but the only person who can make a decision such as this is yourself.  There's no magic answer.  You make the decision and you live with it, even if it's the wrong one.  Beings like us cannot go back in time...not really.  You can't just sit here and muddle in indecision.  Whether you stay or go home, you need to grow up...and growing up means making tough decisions.>>

Ossanlin sighs.  He really didn't think he had any right to give this speech.  In a way, he was giving the speech to himself as well.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12189 on: December 06, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
<<Yes Prince Ossanlin.>> Claxter said. That wasn't exactly what he was hoping for. He was a coward, and a failure, who probably didn't belong in the military. However he knew that these were unacceptable traits that being in the military might help him get past. If they didn't kill him, that is. He continued into the bar where he saw some familiar faces, as well as some unfamiliar ones.

<<Part of me wants to go home, back to my scoop. Part of me wants to stay in the military in the hopes that I will become a better andalite and help win the war. I believe the part of me that wants to stay is bigger than the part that wants to leave.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12190 on: December 06, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
Salem smiled at Myitt. "I don't plan to take all day." He slid into the booth and, glancing over at Mar, leaned toward Myitt and lowered his voice. "I'll cut to the chase then. I've a deal in the works with Mar. I typically like to know what I'm getting into before dealing with someone, and you seem to know more about the way he operates than anyone here. I guess what I'm asking is... what can you tell me about him that I should know? I'm willing to offer something in exchange for the information, by the way."

Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #12191 on: December 06, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »
Myitt sits in the booth, crossing her hands in front of her as she listens to Salem's little query. 

She sits back, considering what he is asking, and appears lost in thought.

"I..." she begins, seeming to forget that she has to breathe.  She sucks in a breath and focuses again on Salem.  "I have...listen, Salem."  She clears her throat and waves a hand dismissively.  "I do not dream.  The way my people sleep is completely different from...I don't know how I have these fragmentary memories, but I do.  I have this sense of...well, at the risk of sounding dramatic, it really is...revulsion.  I am horrified at what he is, and I feel as though something....someth ing is missing from me that I have no right..."  She sighs, frustrated, pressing a hand against her human chest.  Her voice lowers to an uncharacteristic whisper, one of true fear.  The words come out in a quick rush of confession.  "Somehow he has the ability to control me.  Not in this form, not as much.  I don't know how he does it, and I don't know if the dreams, or whatever they are, are real.  All I can say is I would not trust him."

She places her hands on the table, straight in front of her.  "He will twist his words to get what he wants from you.  Believe me.  Just...be cautious, all right?" 

Myitt searches Salem's expression, hoping to see some sign of agreement, or at least acceptance.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12192 on: December 06, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
"Um, it happened like...an hour or two ago?" Trey said, squinting to try and remember. He pulls back the tear in his one-piece uniform to reveal a nasty gash that goes from his hip to his underarm. Most of the blood has coagulated, leaving a sticky mess.

"I-" Terenia cuts off, her eyes losing their focus as Efaen's demands cut through her consciousness. She has a weird sense of her own dispassion mixing with Efaen's anger, which leaves Terenia slightly discombobulated.

<<Ask her.>>

<<Why does it matter?>> Terenia responds, <<If she is or isn't, it's none of our business.>>

<<I need to know.>>

<<Why? Listen, I just want to talk to the people I need to talk to and then go. I have no reason to be here any more,>> Terenia says, <<You're getting what you want, just let it be.>>

<<I must know,>> Efaen reiterates, <<And you are not responding to my wishes at all. I wish to be free of you.>>

<<What, you think I'm going to go loony tunes and start a massacre or something?>>

<<Perhaps,>> Efaen admits, <<Your thoughts, those that I can sense, they are different now that...>> Efaen trails off, not wanting to get into it, and reverts back to her initial order. <<I need to know.>>

<<Not now.>>

Terenia's eyes snap back into focus and she eases her grip on the glass - an act that requires much more effort than it should. Any other time, Terenia might be worried about the implications of that one simple hand motion, but Efaen's frenzied bigotry hardly strikes Terenia as meaningful. She smooths her face into a smile, finally addressing Tora after what must have been a rather uncomfortable ten or twenty seconds of internal conversation.

"I am perfectly fine," Terenia says, working to keep the edge out of her voice. Defiantly, she takes a sip of her drink.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #12193 on: December 06, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »
Corliss continues to watch Terenia, trying not to be excessively obvious.

<Go over and 'elp her, mate,> Mike insists.

<She's in the middle of a bloody conversation,> Corliss retorts.  <Besides, it's not as though we left on the best of terms.  I...just let me watch them, I know what I'm doing.>

Mike reacts to the renewed control over his body with a thrilling feeling of rebellion, but even though he is friends with Corliss, the Yeerk's control is complete.  Total. 

He sulks in the back of his head, wondering if the slug will ever listen to him.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #12194 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14:38 PM »
Salem listened to Myitt with growing unease. The part that scared him most was not what she said, but the fact that she seemed to have genuine concern for what he was getting himself into. She didn't just hate Mar. She feared him, deep down. As little as he knew of Myitt, that still scared him.

He furrowed his brow and sat in silence for a moment, trying to work out what her words meant to his situation with Mar. He shook his head. He was going to need some time to work this out.

"That sounds like the immortals I've heard of. Constantly double-dealing, using trickery and deceit." He glanced over at Mar, then swallowed and turned back to Myitt. "What he's offering is very tempting. Mostly just because of what he is. I'm just... I'm not in the habit of being ripped off if I can help it." He didn't fully understand what Myitt was telling him, but her fear and rage and pain towards whatever had happened between her and Mar were coming through loud and clear. He smiled sadly at her. "I guess it's good I found you first."

Al noticed Jackson re-enter the bar with a group of what looked to be his fellow soldiers. He turned on his stool and called to him, "Jackson! Want to play a bit more?" He held up three poker chips, which he fanned out between his fingers. "Your friends look like a fun bunch. You guys like poker?" he asked the rest of the table.

Salem's Story