Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196496 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1365 on: July 09, 2011, 06:35:17 PM »
Seeing her like that made Derrel want to give her a consolatory hug. Though honestly he didn't know how she'd react to it. Or if Illim would even want to. Now they were inside and the hatch was closed, but he wondered what now?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:51:05 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1366 on: July 09, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
<<Then let's get out of here,>> Mike insists.  <<I know, we're waiting for Efaen and Ossanlin, but...if Efaen is supposed to be Ossanlin's temporary charge, can't he babysit her while he recuperates?  This place is poisonous, Terenia.>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1367 on: July 09, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »
Terenia nods, trying to ease the tension that is holding all of Mike's muscles taut. "Yeah," she whispers. "Yeah, we should go."

<<I just don't want to lose this opportunity,>> she adds privately to him, making her way jerkily back to the pool room, Illim already half-forgotten. She clears her throat, laying her fingers on the lip of the pool and looking down at the small slug-like form she has grown to care about more than she will let herself admit.

"Cor-Corliss?" she says hesitantly, surprised by how Mike's voice catches with emotion as she addresses him over the pool communicator. She can't remember the last time she felt so exhausted. "Corliss, I want to go home."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1368 on: July 09, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »
Corliss' calm, fabricated voice sounds over the ceiling's comm system. 

"So do I.  Would you like to remain in Mike?" he asks quietly.  "He can get us home from here."  There's a pause.  "Is Illim with us?  Or...Efaen?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1369 on: July 09, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
"Illim is here," she says, glancing back towards the bridge where she had left the other Controller. "But Efaen isn't. I haven't...haven't seen her in a long time. Since before you last did." A small smile crosses Mike's face. "I can't believe you shot her, the arrogant prick."

She sighs, running a hand through Mike's dark hair. "I really want to get this whole ordeal with Ossanlin over with, but...I don't think I can stand being here any longer, I really don't. Do you...is there anything you want to sort out before leaving? I, uh...I can give you Mike back." She looks at the pool water loathingly, really wanting nothing less than to return to her blind, helpless state.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:36:34 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1370 on: July 09, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »
<<Looks like we're about to leave. Fortunately without being stuck in a small ship with Efaen and Terenia both present.>> Derrel said. He was feeling a little bit nervous about meeting Reven. Not out of any regret, but just regular uncomfortableness from doing something unfamiliar, working for unfamiliar people.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1371 on: July 09, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
"Well, no offense," Ewa said in response to Al's doubt about her being from a different universe, "but you both look a little strange to be human--not that I doubt that you are," she added hastily for Jasper's benefit.  His knowledge is much too good for him to deserve a harsh critique on his form.   "But.... some things are just a little off.  Your hands, your eyes...." she trailed off, not wanting to give offense to the characters, but reminding the actors that she had been trained in this form her entire life.

She couldn't exactly blame them for the differences--clearly they were not from a family that specialized in human representation, and they had probably had only minimal guidance in changing their forms.  If they had wanted to pretend they had done just as good a job, they should have started shifting to match me as soon as I was here for comparison

"So I'm not sure where my world or time lines up with where you guys are from but...."  What would be best?  The Yeerk thing seems to be the major theme to be involved in here, but I don't remember enough specifics to feel confident about making up an entire invasion history...  She took a long drink as an excuse to gather her thoughts.  Real Earth back in 2000 hadn't even discovered "other life" yet, much less joined the IPA, but it IS the Earth all of my knowledge comes.  She gave a mental shrug.  Let's see where this goes.

"Actually, there are no Yeerks or Andalites in the Earth I come from.  No aliens at all, not really, so everyone's still in love with the idea of them."  She shrugged.  "Other than that, I'm not really sure what to answer.... people are born, grow up, lots of them get married, have families, then we die.  It's hard to know what's different without seeing something else."
Work is for the weak

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1372 on: July 10, 2011, 01:03:10 AM »
A smile tugs at the corner of Derrel's mouth and Illim shrugs. "Yeah, yeah. Just trying to protect the new host. Don't want him getting the impression I'm a reckless guy or anything," he smirks.

When Terenia walks to the pool to talk to Corliss, he sinks into the copilot chair with a sigh, folding Derrel's arms behind his head to create a makeshift pillow. <<Sorry for all the rush, man,>> he tells Derrel, watching Terenia with little interest. <<From all I've heard, the rebellion's a good place. Good people there -- a little on the paranoid side, granted -- and enough food. My guess is I'll be stuck in quarantine a while when I arrive, so maybe you can roam free a while. Or take a new Yeerk. It won't hurt my feelings; I've put you in enough danger.>>

Serid glances at Ossanlin with a subtly dubious expression. <<A Sub-Visser l offering to drink with a War Prince? This is, indeed, a strange place.>>
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1373 on: July 10, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
Salem shrugged and smirked, "Or the brave and reckless are the only ones who truly live, if that's how you have to think, hunter. I'm not actually that picky about phrasing." He leaned close to Rathien with a nasty grin, "Hunter, if you're willing to help me out, I might be able to rig up a... let's say 'failsafe,' just to make sure we have no choice but to trust each other." He leaned back against the bar counter and muttered, "Of course, then I'd need to build in some kind of failsafe for the failsafe to make sure you knew I wasn't going to hold it to you even after the job. Should be doable." He chuckled, "It's a shame Thienal seems to have gotten lost on the way. He might be helpful, too. Think he'd be as intrigued as you are by this offer?"

He looked pointedly at the hunter, his expression becoming more serious, "Ildari, if we're going to seriously discuss this deal, we're going to probably both need more information. You're welcome to at least follow me to my ship and see what I'm proposing. Besides, I'm more comfortable if you're somewhere that I can see you."

He turned and walked after Mar. As he caught up and stepped out the door, he said to Al, <<Hey, keep an eye on Rathien for me. He might follow me out for business, but if he's looking suspicious, let me know.>>

Salem then turned to Mar, "Well, I do have a few varieties of processed Allrite. Immortals where I'm from seem to like the stuff. Not sure if I have enough to be of use, but it might be worth a look." He stepped in the direction of his ship.

Al laughed, "I thought I looked pretty decent, for a human. Maybe the ones from your universe just have slight differences," he said. "I could always switch it up."

He listened for a second as Salem thought-spoke to him. Right. Keep an eye on the bounty hunter. That was something in his job description.

He nodded at Ewa, "You seem to be doing pretty well for coming from a place with no aliens. Most beings are a bit more shocked by the presence of other life. Unless... this isn't your first time among beings from other planets, is it?" He smiled slyly, "I'd think this bar should count as seeing something else."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:14:51 AM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1374 on: July 10, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
A new ship entered the asteroid's atmosphere. It had a Yeerkish design to it, but it was a custom ship. twice the size of a bug fighter, and looked to be high class. It landed in the vicinity of the other ships, making no attempt to hide, and out came a well built Human in his fifties in Imperial attire. After closing up, he made his way towards the bar, within sight of Ossanlin, Serid, and Zorish if Zorish hadn't already entered the building. He saw Ossanlin, but if Ossanlin saw him he'd notice the controller didn't have the common reaction an Imperial usually had upon seeing Andalites.

He strode to the bar, taking in the scenery before entering the building.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1375 on: July 10, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
Van simply kept drinking as the conversation rolled by. Ewa seemed interested in knowing about where everyone was from, what year it was... et cetera. All of them were pretty reasonable questions, and this "Yeerk and Andalite thing" was serious, yes, but said in that matter made it sound like some sort of comedy duo.

The thought made him chuckle, and he grinned, "Mm, nichaa. Where I'm from, when regarding Earth, it's 2192. It's been about... uh, 200 years since that planet experienced first contact. Mmm. We typically use it as our rule of thumb for discussing years, since the Oligarchy -I mean, 'Federation' or whatever fancy thing they rename themselves- has its seat of government there."

He took another gulp of the Dalcasian, and sighed. It would take several more drinks until he actually got thoroughly drunk. Because it made Humans rather tipsy after a couple glasses, it was considered quite alcoholic, but to those with Beryllian blood, it was more like a bizarre juice. In general, beer and wine, and other spirits were too easy for Beryllians to process. This was primarily because most spirits were made from fermented plant-life. Considering that Van was able to eat woodchips with no ill effects, most alcoholic drinks had minor effects on his body, unless the alcohol content was dangerously high for a Human.

Dalcasians were a safer drink to share with Humans than anything Van knew back home. And since Al seemed to be some sort of artificial lifeform, and the others note quite Human despite appearances...?

"All of you, I just hope this stuff doesn't kill you, chaa. Ahem. The, ah... Hmm. If anything we need to know about these, anh,  Yeerks and Andalites. Since Ewa and I hardly come from a place with ...creepy parasitic mind-controlling slugs, or whatever Ogreon-ku had said."

Van had to put in an effort to keep his accent at its usual strength. He could sense it slipping, and his pitch lowering, and that bothered him. He turned his empty glass upside down, and placed it on the table. No more drinks for now. He didn't like the idea of giving it away. "It" being the fact that he wasn't just some silly alien with a somewhat poor ability to speak Galactic Common.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:44:06 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1376 on: July 11, 2011, 08:45:44 AM »
|THETA-PI

Theta relished all the voices. He could hear each and every conversation with 98.9% accuracy. But he knew he couldn't stand there for long...he had to do something. He couldn't assimilate anyone, he would just end up with the Andalite military officer on his tail again. He couldn't follow the biggest group of people and listen in on their conversations, that would be an "invasion of privacy." But he could not bear the solitude. Once again he found himself more alone in that large gathering of people than he ever was when he was truly isolated.

He walked out of the bar...and remembered his ship. It had been blown up. But inside was a pod composed of Tri-40 and Scutite. That would not have been destroyed by a blast that weak. And the Tri-40 would have made it invisible to sensors. He walked calmly off towards the spot his ship had been.

|OGREON

Ogreon bolted around the bar as the cyborg walked out. Then he bolted back in and ran up to Van.

"That was close, knah? Did it do anything to you?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1377 on: July 11, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
"Perhaps it's for the best that Efaen isn't accompanying us," Corliss says thoughtfully over the intercom system, which echoes into the cabin as well as the pool room.  "At least, not yet.  I am glad Illim and Derrel will join us.  There is one thing I need to make sure of before we leave; Salem, I want to make absolutely sure he isn't tracing us or tapping into our communications.  He went through the motions of trying to make amends with us, but I really don't trust the sneaky bastard."

<<Christ, I'd almost forgotten about the power drain,>> Mike says, exasperated with himself. 

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1378 on: July 11, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »
<<I can't imagine it would be easy to tie himj down and do a memory scan somehow.>> Derrel said. <<What if we used your ship instead of the Skimmer, Illim? I doubt he's messed with that one. Then again, would it be safe to leave the Skimmer here?>>

Claxter noticed Theta leaving, and wanted to follow. However, he wasn't sure he should leave the bar. On the other hand, Ossanlin probably just said keep an eye on the bar to keep them from interfering in the drama with Zorish and Terenia.

<<Efaen, I think I should follow Theta and ensure he is ok.>> Che said. <<I do not think I'll be reprinmanded as long as I avoid Zorish and Terenia. Do you mind if I left you here?>>
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:27:01 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1379 on: July 11, 2011, 09:04:42 PM »
<<Yeah, we could. Good idea, Derrel,>> Illim says.

"My host has an interesting idea: we could use my ship for communications and scanning since we know it hasn't been tampered with," Illim speaks up from his relaxed position in the co-pilot chair.

<<I doubt they'll wanna dump the Skimmer, though. From what I hear, the rebels scrimp worse than any Jewish grandma,>> he says with a brief external chuckle. <<They'll try to salvage the ship, if possible.>>
Aluminator's RAFsister