Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196497 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1230 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »
Derrel began thinking back to an earlier time in the bar. Inside the Andakite ship. There was a girl that looked exactly like the Imperial's host. Bound on a table. He had released her. There was another, a twin, outside and acting angrily. <<I think I remember Terenia having a morph of that girl. I'm not sure of all the details, though. They are familiar with each other.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1231 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »
Zorish snatches back his weapon and reholsters it, taking a step away from Corliss. He doesn't speak another word to him, turning instead and leaning against the bar table. Glancing up and down it he notes a rather large array of species; some he is familiar with, and some he is not.

"Excuse me," he asks the counter at large, raising his voice so that it carries. "Could anyone help me locate someone by the name of Terenia?"

<Indeed,> Efaen says, a look of distaste crossing her face as the Yeerk asks about Terenia. <And now her demeanor is unsettling as well. I believe he is done speaking with Corliss, however, which means that our conversation is over.> She gives Illim a halting Andalite smile, backing away from the bar and making her way towards the British Controller.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:32:48 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1232 on: June 29, 2011, 12:06:36 AM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin smiles a bit, holding out the holster belt with Shredder.  <You should not think this craft typical, I have made some very specific modifications to it.  It is quite unique.  I believe that ARC's were officer-issue only back when you were originally an aristh.  I am not good at approximating human age, but you may be near my own age.  It is possible we were even in the academy at the same time.  At any rate, once I have you approved for full service given your current body...you will officially posess the rank of Warrior.  I'm sure your hardships living amongst an enemy-infested world have given you more field experience than most Tactical Officers.  From now on I will refer to you as a Warrior and you may refer to yourself as such.  ARC's are common issue for all Warrior ranks now.>  Ossanlin smiles again, looking back at Serid with his main eyes, holding out his other hand with the ARC.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _____--

~Rathien~

Rathien ****s his head sideways a little, mocking a crestfallen look, downing the rest of his own ale.  "I'm hurt Tobias...you think me insane?"  He suddenly flashes to a grin, his fangs showing again.  "Perhaps I am by your standards, but you must understand, you are by mine as well."

"Some are not skilled enough for The Hunt."  Rathien pauses for a moment, looking at the drink the BT places in front of him.  It's true that the drink could be poisonous, but there was an equal chance it was not...and his instinct was not warning him against it, so he takes a sip.  "Back before my people became so disgustingly...gent ile...those that were skilled at The Hunt hunted, and those that were not did not.  The greatest kill, berenilos, was difficult to fell, but it would provide meat for a clan for a standard month.  Berenilos could destroy even the most-skilled Hunters, they were worthy prey.  Even though Hunters would wake from the Dream while hunting berenilos, they continued to hunt...the threat of losing the Dream did nothing to diminish the clan's need for food you see."  Rathien pauses and takes another swig of the strange drink before continuing.  "There are those who hunt now that are not skilled...they should expect to wake from the Dream.  I know where my skills lie, Tobias."  Rathien runs his tongue over a fang again, a habit of his indicative of desire.  "I am skilled enough to Hunt, senrin...and I have no fear of death.  I may meet my berenilos some day, but until then, I will continue the Hunt, and enjoy every moment of it." 

Rathien's grin turns into a smirk.  "I wouldn't dream of fighting on your terms Tobias...your little avarin might be somewhere around here, and I wouldn't want a repeat of Lursa."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:27:40 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1233 on: June 29, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
"I... wouldn't say a pacifist, really... I'm not a fighter, per say, but if the need arises.... You know, I'm uh, not really sure what am I. I normally avoid conflict, I guess is how I should answer...." Jasper looked perplexed. He really was debating how to label himself. He smiled just a bit at her last remark. "Yeah, I agree. 'Comfortable' isn't how I'd describe this place, either. At least not most of the time. So uh.. " He looks over his shoulder again. Salem was getting a drink now. That meant he should be alright... right?

<<I don't know what to do, dude...>>
<<Nothing. Just wait. We don't want to mess anything up.>>
<<... yeah... I do have an idea though...>>

Jasper concentrated, made the mental connection with the hologram projection device tucked away in his bag, and formed his image like Al had instructed. He made the same blue squiggle he'd played with before, and then reshaped it into a question mark in front of Al. It was a small projection, and hopefully, it wouldn't draw too much unwanted attention. Sapttus opened his eyes while Jasper focused, and continued his sentence that they'd dropped. "... mind if I ask why you're here? Like you said, this isn't the most comfortable place I've been to."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1234 on: June 29, 2011, 07:46:01 AM »
Illim raises his eyebrows as he sorts through the memories to which Derrel is drawing his attention. <<Interesting. As I'd guessed,>> he says to his host. At Efaen's retreat, he straightens from the bar, full bottle of beer still in his hand. <<Suppose we should watch them,>> he gives an internal sigh. <<Corliss probably wouldn't be too impressed if we let Efaen tell her Imperial lookalike where Terenia is.>>

Serid's chest slowly swells with pride, and he accepts the ARC with upturned palms. "Thank you, War Prince," he murmurs, bowing his head in as much of an Andalite show of deference as possible. "Perhaps sometime I will tell you of my adventures on Earth, but I fear nearly all of our people would see the circumstances dishonorable enough that they should never be shared." His lips hesitantly lift in a smile and he says, "But you, War Prince, are far different from the others. They would see me as nothing more than a disgraced vecol, someone to be pitied."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:27:43 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1235 on: June 29, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »
Corliss sighs, rubbing the back of his neck as he looks around the room.  He sidles onto a seat at the bar, glaring frustratedly at the comm link. 

With Zorish so close by, it would be impossible to hail Terenia.  <<So much for a quick getaway,>> he murmurs.  He looks over at Illim, a few seats down, with a desperate shrug.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1236 on: June 29, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »
<<Yeah, if we want to keep someone from telling Zorish where Terenia is, we would need to watch them. I doubt Claxter would hesitate to talk either. Hopefully Zorish won't start yelling to the crowd and asking everyone at the same time. Best thing to do would be leave now.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1237 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:10 AM »
<Corliss,> Efaen says, approaching the Yeerk cautiously. She keeps a wary eye on Zorish, who is looking increasingly frustrated by the lack of response. She isn't sure who he is or how he got to this bar, but his presence both makes her uneasy and provides an interesting opportunity for her. She shakes the dilemma off, saving it for another time. Currently she has more pressing matters to deal with.

<Corliss,> she repeats. <If you capable of restraining yourself I would like to speak to you regarding my return to the rebel base.> She attempts to keep her voice as even as possible, but disdain leaks through regardless.

<<What now?>> Tamora asks. Zorish can sense her nervousness as he looks around the room, trying to find someone else who can help.

<<Perhaps we should first seek out more information regarding this person,>> Zorish says.

<<What do we need to know about her?>>

<<Well, as of right now all we know is that she is a human female,>> Zorish responds dryly. <<Anything more would be to our advantage at this point.>>

Zorish clucks his tongue in irritation, unsure of how he should proceed. <<The original communication came from an Andalite,>> he says at last. <<Perhaps one of the Andalites here can be of assistance.>> A quick count reveals three Andalites in the bar. One, the female, has taken up his place conversing with Corliss. The other hardly looks Andalite at all; clearly a victim of some foolish, failed experiment. His lip curls in disgust at the typical Andalite arrogance the creature represents. That left the third; a young male who appeared to be trying to engage Salem - who looked otherwise occupied - in conversation.

Pushing away from the bar counter, Zorish skirts around Corliss and the Andalite female. Keeping a nervous hand on his weapon he approaches the young male.

"Andalite," he says as amiably as he is able, forcing his expression into neutrality. "Might I have a word?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:11:47 AM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1238 on: June 29, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »
Claxter was a little surprised that Zorish had come to talk to him, but he didn't reject her. The other Zorish hadn't been too intolerable. <Sub-Visser Zorish and Tamora, I presume? I am Warrior Claxter Karmesh Sinopul. Welcome back.> He said, though he knew this version hadn't actually been here as far as he knew. <You may speak.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1239 on: June 29, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »
"... mind if I ask why you're here? Like you said, this isn't the most comfortable place I've been to."

Ewa shrugged casually, but felt a twinge of unease.  She still didn't know who she had been sent to replace, or even if she was meant to replace anyone.  Whatever plot this place had was still too diffuse for her to find any missing roles.  Still, it would be incredibly shameful to admit she had not entered this scape well-prepared--even if it wasn't her own fault.  Of course the only way they'll be able to tell is if there I am supposed to be a specific and well-known person, which doesn't seem likely.

"I don't know yet, but I've only been here a few hours," she replies thoughtfully.  "I think I'll be able to recognize it if I watch carefully.  What is it you're here for?"
Work is for the weak

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1240 on: June 29, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
|OGREON

Ogreon watched as Van walked towards the Piano, past the cyborg.

"Van! Don't go that way!", he yelled.

The yell got the attention of the Alvie unit.

"Oh dear Ghad help...", Ogreon whispered again.

|THETA-PI

Theta took note of the arthropod-like creature yelling to a humanoid. Although Theta was used to all the voices, he was not used to a loud call, louder than all the others. It caught him by surprise.

<You. Please attempt to keep your voice lower. We are concentrating.>

Theta went back to his deliberation.

Ogreon continued to stare, frozen in terror, at the being. Theta continued to ignore him.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1241 on: June 29, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »
Claxter looked around with his stalk eyes while keeping his main eyes on Zorish. Someone had shouted, but he didn't see anything out of place. He hand drifted to his shredder. Someone seemed to be moving towards the area where a strange sort of table was, but he saw no danger there. <What brought to to the bar anyway, Sub-Visser?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1242 on: June 29, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
Zorish's face settles into a small smile at Claxter's words. <<Welcome 'back',>> he repeats, explaining for Tamora's benefit. <<I assume that means that this Warrior had dealings with this other version of ourselves.>>

"I am searching for someone, Andalite," Zorish says, giving Claxter's tail a leery glance before going on. "Two someone's actually, but one I have already spoken to and seems a bit out of reach at present. Do you happen to know a human female that goes by the name of Terenia?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1243 on: June 29, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »
<Yes I am.> Claxter said. He wondered if this Zorish had come to pick her up. was she from the same time as Terenia? Either way, it wasn't the correct Terenia for Zorish to be taking back to Visser Three. <She is currently on a ship belonging to Corliss. He is enamoured with her.> He spared a stalk eye for Efaen. If Zorish was looking for Terenia, why ignore her former host? <The Terenia I am talking about, though, is from a different universe and possible timeline.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1244 on: June 29, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »
Salem smiled icily and turned to Claxter when he approached, "No problems here, Warrior. Old friend and I just having a chat."

There was a slight beep from his pocket, indicating that the transmission from Corliss's communicator had ended- his ship had monitored it, but still hadn't cracked the encryption. Then Zorish was there, yelling about needing help finding Terenia. For a moment, Salem considered helping- things had seemed to be going well with Zorish, and an imperial Yeerk might be far more helpful to him than Corliss had been so far. Salem would just have to make sure he didn't give the Yeerks anything that would turn the tide of the war in their favor. Not for the first time, he wondered if he'd chosen the wrong side in this fight.

Not that it mattered at the moment. He didn't know where Terenia could have gotten to, and he couldn't afford to let his guard down with Rathien around. Normally, when beings were there to kill Salem, they were either shooting or holding him at gunpoint. Those situations he could handle. Rathien seemed to want nothing more than to chat about his culture, and his love of the hunt, and it was making Salem very uneasy. Could he shoot the hunter while he was speaking?

The drink that the bartender set in front of Rathien came in a tall, clear mug. The liquid inside was clear, and slightly cloudy. Every once in a while, what looked like condensation would form on the outside of the mug, in shades of blue and green, but would evaporate quickly. The drink was sweet and tangy, with just a touch of bitterness. It contained a depressant similar to alcohol, as well as a mild stimulant. Depending on how much was drunk, and the person drinking, one could feel anything from a slight boost in confidence to a sense of invincibility. It had been one of Salem's favorites since childhood- if he was going to buy a drink for Rathien, he figured it might as well be something from his universe back home.

He breathed deeply and relaxed a bit, leaning against the bar. If he could keep his cool, he might just get out of this one alive. If I get the chance, I'm making sure you're dead this time, Ildari, he thought, looking at Rathien with a smirk.

When Rathien refused to 'fight on his terms,' Salem grinned, "Probably a good decision, hunter. I guess I can't fault your pattern recognition. So," he folded his arms across his chest, "you're living life just to live life. Hunting just to hunt. I suppose I can't fault you for that." He tilted his head and looked into Rathien's eyes, "It's a shame you're so adamant about killing me. Since the Andalites sold me out, I could really use someone like you. I get the feeling you'd relish the job I have." Rathien, Keshin, Thienal... Amiya, Geris... if I could get all of them on a team, I'd have no trouble with Jamil, he thought with a smirk. If only I were the one in charge of the universe...

Al did his best to watch Rathien and Salem without making it look like he was watching them. Suddenly, there in the air before him, there was a hovering blue question mark. He chuckled slightly and looked over at Jasper. After a moment, he walked over.

"You're getting good with that thing," he said brightly. "What's up?"

He then turned to Ewa and held out his hand, still smiling warmly, "Hey, I'm Al. Pleased to meet you."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story