Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142421 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Well again, morphing is completely random. Completely new organs can simply pop into existence. It makes a pretty good amount of sense to me that the knee could simply reverse and become a joint.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Anatra

• Whatever happened to the animorphs' parents?
  • Why was it that when David handled the blue cube, it didn't do anything, but a bufffalo and an ant gained morphing powers just by touching the cube?
  • which book was it that Jake and his family went to the cabin for a few days?  And how come Tom wasn't airlifted to the nearest hospital?  weren't the chee flying the helicopter

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
1. For the most part, after the last book the Animorph's parents weren't talked about much.  As far as we know, Jake's parents become controllers but we don't learn whether or not they were freed at the end.  Marco's mother was freed and his father went to live with them at the Hork-Bajir camp, best guess is that they lived through the war.  Cassie's parents went to live with them at the Hork-Bajir camp as well, and probably lived after the war.  Rachel's mother went to live with them at the Hork-Bajir camp, we know she survived the war, but I don't remember anything being said about her mother.  Tobias' mother went to live at the Hork-Bajir camp, but she never remembered him, best guess is she lived too.

2. Probably the best explanation was that the buffa-human book was written by a ghost writer and the David books weren't.  =/

3. I believe it was book #31.  There are a lot of things in the book that people weren't a real fan of, including how weirdly the situation with Tom/the Yeerks was handled.

Offline Anatra

1. For the most part, after the last book the Animorph's parents weren't talked about much.  As far as we know, Jake's parents become controllers but we don't learn whether or not they were freed at the end.  Marco's mother was freed and his father went to live with them at the Hork-Bajir camp, best guess is that they lived through the war.  Cassie's parents went to live with them at the Hork-Bajir camp as well, and probably lived after the war.  Rachel's mother went to live with them at the Hork-Bajir camp, we know she survived the war, but I don't remember anything being said about her mother.  Tobias' mother went to live at the Hork-Bajir camp, but she never remembered him, best guess is she lived too.

i just don't understand why they would still be living with the hork bajir if the war was over?  I mean, heck, Marco pretty much has a mansion and all the beautiful women he wants.  Why wouldn't his mother, whom he went through so much trouble to save, just be content living with a bunch of aliens?
Plus, Rachel's mom kept trying to escape the colony, so i doubt she would have stuck around any longer than necessary; especially if being there reminded her of Rachel.  I just wish that there would have been a little more narration about what happened with parents after the war

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
1) I believe they all survived. They could have done whatever the hell they wanted, it's just never explained.

2) Horrible ghost writer. Theirs also an explanation that a blue cube needs to be activated by an andalite. So when David had it, it had not been activated. Their is a possibility that when they used it on David, the Escafil device somehow stayed on the whole time.

3) #31, the conspiracy. He was airlifted, by the chee so that Tom's yeerk wouldn't infest or kill anyone. Seeropedia checked.

I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
To specifically address the issue of #3, Tom was taken back home because the damage inflicted on him was too complex a break to treat properly at the nearest medical facility-which since they were out in the woods was probably emergency care at the forest station.
The Animorphs and Chee set it up so Tom would have to be taken back to the city, so that his Yeerk could be survive., and they wouldn't have to take the whole family, and probably everyone else, into hiding then.

I believe Noelle is speaking of that last few books, prior to wars end. Odds are all the parents went home after the fighting.It's implied Jake was living with his parents for a time after the war.
And the Hork-Bajir relocated to Yellowstone, post Yeerks.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Kern

Re: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!
« Reply #861 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »
From book #11:

The guy grinned and slapped his chest.
"Polo."
"That's either his name or his favourite brand of shirt," Marco said.

Marco... Polo?
I didn't get it when I was younger, but after sitting through history class a few years back and re-reading this book, I caught the reference o.O Mind = blown.

Anyone else caught that on their first read?
ā€œIā€™m trying to translate what my cat says and put it in a book, but how many homonyms are there for meow??ā€
? Jarod Kintz

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #862 on: August 19, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
It's not exactly a reference per se, so much as a coincidence. It might have been staged with Marco Polo in mind, but I don't think that was the intent.

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #863 on: September 27, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
How many fingers do Andalites have?
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #864 on: September 28, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »

source
book 43, chapter 8, though I do believe 6 per hand is mentioned elsewhere, or at least drawn else where, but I call this canon

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Hey, what was the terminology they used for the twin Yeerks? Esplin 9466 Prime and Lesser? Or... something like that?

Oh! Also; I'm under the impression that, in the Animorphs universe, Andalites are sort of the gurus of computers and computer technology. Is that ever actually mentioned in the books? And if so, where? (Hork-Bajir Chronicles, maybe?)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:32:36 AM by Mostly-Opaque Aluminator (Kit!) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
In HBC they call the twins primary and secondary, but in The Warning it's Prime and Lesser

And I'm not sure what you mean by gurus, like for in general or for Earth. For the latter, it's implied in TAC that Elfangor was an influential friend to both Bill (Gates) and Steve (Jobs). In general, that they have so many kick-a$$ computers I think is the only real evidence, if not explicitly laid out how
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:55:16 AM by RYTX »

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Awesome, thank you ^_^

And I'm not sure what you mean by gurus, like for in general or for Earth.

I meant in general. Like, of the species in the galaxy, Andalites are known for their computers (or at least they think they are). I have this weird impression that I read something to that effect somewhere in the series, but I can't for the life of me recall where...

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline 0.tek

• #oneunit
if you read all the books from start to finish, how much "time" would pass? assuming each book starts the day after the other, and the only other time elapsed is mentioned
Mediocrity is an addiction.
#motivate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Can only be speculated. No official dates are given, it can be placed around the 3-4 year mark, as the animorphs were 13 when they started fighting, 16 when the war was sitll secret, and an unspecified amount of time passes when the invasion goes public. That's without even factoring that time travel could qualify as passing time.