Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95491 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #885 on: November 12, 2013, 12:52:16 AM »
So here's my post. :P

Man, I always come on here like three days after I say I will. Oh well, at least we're keeping bits of this thing moving by some miracle. <3

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #886 on: November 17, 2013, 01:58:13 AM »
Okay...so...I'm thinking about doing something I wanted to avoid heavily...

skipping over the meeting/introduction for the rendezvous rebels

It's been three weeks since we last heard from Jessi.  I'm not gonna bug her about it...but this RP HAS to move on...it's been stagnant for far too long in waiting.  Chad, Scott, Shen...do you guys have any thoughts on the matter?  It's pretty much become a four-person RP now.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #887 on: November 17, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
I really do want to continue the story, and I'd love to start using my character. I'm for doing what we need to do, though this is about as non ideal as it gets. I hope that someone is familiar enough with Efaen for us to keep using her in the RP.

Also if we're going to skip it, I need to know if Oss would have allowed Xevec to bring his bugfighter to the ship.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #888 on: November 17, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
Hmm, okay. I'd be willing to do it in order to keep the Roleplay moving. It's incredibly depressing, but if we want this to go on we have to. :/ Although as things stand I'm not sure if we can get this to work without the others---- it was constructed with the entire group in mind.

I'm familiar enough not with Efaen, but possibly with Estelore herself if not her character. I know how Asher thinks (Primary fronting persona) probably better than anyone except her fiancé. Law school means I'm definitely not on all the time, but I'd be willing to try and keep this going with you guys because I <3 you. I bet Mar does, too. ;}

~In my own way, I do remember you.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #889 on: November 17, 2013, 05:36:42 PM »
Yeah, sorry for my lack of activity lately in here. Life's been hectic. Anyway, yeah, we may have to jump ahead to the point at which we're... already established with a base or something, I guess. If we're going to do that, though, I feel like we should at least outline the events in between so that I can plausibly develop Aetheas in that period, and possibly come up with a rebel or three.

Because yes, I love you guys, and want to continue roleplaying with you.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #890 on: November 18, 2013, 12:34:47 AM »
Well, the timeline for the jump I was thinking of was just up to the point where the rendezvous rebels board the Tyrennian.  I know our rebel characters would look to Tara and Jessi's characters a lot, but we should be able to get around that.  We all know how to RP, and we all know where we can and can't fudge without sacrificing plausibility.  I don't like fudging at all, but I see no other options.  I really don't want to give up on this RP...maybe that's a bad thing, but I love to RP with you guys and with these characters and in this situation.

I don't particularly wanna skip through this whole period as there are some developments upcoming.  I'm really sad that Este left, but I could twist Enorryma's exit into bearing at least some positive fruit.  It's a bit of a spoiler...but I guess if we do decide to skip further than I want to (and believe me, this is a group decision, so if you guys want to skip that far forward, then I'll do it), I was actually planning on having Ossanlin heavily intensify Aetheas's training in preparation to fill the void left by Enorryma's loss.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #891 on: November 18, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »
I don't really want to skip too far. I'm fine with just getting the rebels onto the ship and going from there.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #892 on: November 18, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »
Yeah, let's go for a shorter time-jump for now. We really just need to play this one enough that it starts to feel like our own, I think. The Rebellion itself is Tara and Jessi's baby, but without them here to interpret it for us, we're going to have to get used to going with our take on it. Our comfort in writing the Rebellion will come through experience.

I was actually planning on having Ossanlin heavily intensify Aetheas's training in preparation to fill the void left by Enorryma's loss.
Oh, man, his ego does not need the boosting :XD: On the other hand, I don't think he knows what he's getting into

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #893 on: November 18, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »
Why don;t we just have our own Andalite rebellion as a kind of counter to Tara and Jessi? That might be cool. Ours will be the better rebellion, because we're Andalites. That automatically makes us better. We wouldn't have to step too far into their continuity and characters.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #894 on: November 19, 2013, 12:18:14 AM »
Ahhh, guys, I'm so sorry. Why didn't you PM me!? I haven't even logged onto RAF in like, three weeks because I've been so busy and everything totally slipped my mind. Ugh, now I feel awful. I'm sorry, Luke. I didn't mean to vanish. Everything just sort of happened at once and RAF fell off my radar.

I'll do whatever you guys want as far as my involvement in the roleplay (including stepping aside), since I'm clearly utterly unreliable.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #895 on: November 19, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
(including stepping aside)
You're kidding, right? You know I'd much prefer to roleplay with you than without you ^_^ I'm just hoping life gets a little less chaotic for you at some point :hug: As always, Jessi, let me know if I can do anything ^_^

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #896 on: November 19, 2013, 03:04:39 AM »
Chad, that's sort of what we're getting into here.  This little Andalite rebellion is sort of coming naturally.  I think the biggest example (at least for me) of the RP's growth is Varekil.  He started as a QPC, but he's doing a pretty good job of becoming a full on PC without my express intention.  And indeed a full-on Andalite rebellion could and would work, but I don't want to exclude the rebel characters we've spent time on creating, not to mention Jessi (if she wants to stay on with us).  I think I'll put some thought into what a true Andalite rebellion would look like and how it would happen...that could be a good Plan 'B' if I absolutely can't keep Rogue Element afloat.

Jessi, of course I'd rather have you stay with us.  There's no way I'm going to exclude players.  Perhaps...and I know this is a tough consideration for you, but I'm asking you to think about it...if something like this comes up again in the future, perhaps you'd be amenable to one of us "QPC"ing your characters in your absence?  Nothing huge and no thought processes or monologues, but just sort of generalized actions to keep other character from being completely tied up...idk, up to you.  I didn't PM you because I didn't want to be a bother.  Life happens and things change, I don't want to endanger our friendship over a Roleplay.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #897 on: November 19, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »
Well, feel free to poke me with a PM if I disappear. I'll let you know if I can't participate, but if I can and it's just slipped my mind...I need a reminder sometimes. This rp and the GESB are literally the only reasons I come to RAF these days, so when life gets busy the forum falls off my brain first.

Yes, of course you can QPC my characters if I'm unreachable. Honestly, I kind of look at all the rebels I'm using in this rp as complete AU versions of themselves. It's been a year since we started this rp and a lot has happened to them in the 'canon' timeline between Tara, Marie and myself that isn't expressed here. These are truly alternate versions of my rebels, so if they need to be utilized by you a bit, I don't mind. Of course, you'd have to ask Marie and Tara about their characters. They may mind a bit more than me.

Whether we skip or not doesn't matter to me; but if we aren't skipping let me quickly tell you the set-up I have in mind for the rendezvous point.

Farrah is on a Skimmer ship with one or two other people and all of the supplies that was salvageable (and any patients if there are any).

Any other rebellion members at the rendezvous will be in singles or pairs on a collection of Bug Fighter or Madra ships. Certainly nothing larger than that, as the rebellion never owned anything larger than a Skimmer (which comfortably fits maybe four humans, but in a squeeze can fit more)

I know who out of my characters will be present. I'm assuming any/all rebel characters you want to include will be present as well. You can decide if they're on a ship together, or on separate vessels, but essentially Farrah will have to contact all of the other ships and let them know that it's safe to approach.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:40:18 AM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #898 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
Welcome back Jessi.

Sorry Oss, I guess I had a dur moment. :p

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #899 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »
Well hey, bizarre AU Keshin and Joanne seem to almost be helping....which is damn out of character. XD But then again, considering the situation, a lot's happened to all the characters in this Roleplay. It makes sense for them to wait until the situation on the Tyrennian's more stable, and theirs is.

Which brings up a relatively important point. I know a lot of people here get confused when multiple versions of the same character exist at the same time (Unless the character inherently exists in that kind of timey-wimey insanity). Yet part of the reason the GESB worked properly is because we had characters in it that we knew like the back of our hands, that really didn't like each other. XD Or did. Since most of the important rebellion characters are inside the Tyrennian, it's become impossible to create the crazy dynamic that existed in the GESB....and the GESB is the easiest Roleplay to post in.

I don't think anyone on RAF actually wants to stop completely. A lot of us are old friends, and Roleplay veterans from way back. But we are all coming into our adult lives, with these chaotic schedules. We've all changed as people drastically since we started coming here. Hell I started going to law school, and I finally came into my own and became satisfied with who I am and the religion that I believe in. If it's impossible to close that gap, it's impossible---- and maybe that's a good thing. Life goes on.

But we won't know until we try. :) *Hugs all*
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:04:42 PM by Shenmue654 »