Author Topic: Temporal Terror  (Read 12498 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Temporal Terror
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Xero continues his streak of inactivity. Perhaps this is a mannequin of Xero, and the real one left to kill Yeerks out of boredom.

Aldrea2011

« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »
<So you..... destroyed my ship then?> I paused for a moment. Thankfully I placed The Combarra in a box made with a cogomium alloy, so it would have survived the explosion. I directed my thought-speak to only Ambassador Hamee then. <<My ship was carrying a very unusual artifact. It is called The Combarra. It is an ancient weapon, with an unknown origin. It has a Z-space transmitter and an Interdimentional Property which drags Z-space into M-space balloning it over a target. The bubble collapses back into Z-space, crushing the victim. If one were to survive the collapse they would slowly suffocate in Z-space. I request that a search be made for it. I also request that you go on the mission with me, because I don't see reason to inform anyone else of this artifact.>> [color]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:11:33 AM by Aldrea2011 »

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
"But...", I started.

"Uh...*ahem*... Captain Aldrea, will you accompany me to another room?"

I turned to Ermanda, "I'm sorry but me and the captain need to discuss something classified."

I hoped, being a military man, Xero appreciated what classified meant.

I walked to the room across the corridor and closed the door. Locked it, "Ok, so this weapon," I began suspiciously, "if it was so valuable... so powerful... why was it on your ship?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Aldrea2011

« Reply #213 on: February 11, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »
<It was an assigned mission. A..... double mission. I was assigned to get The Combarra, keep it in cargo, get Ambassador Kloa to his destination and back, then deliver my cargo.> I explained.[color]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:28:23 AM by Aldrea2011 »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »
I was still rather suspicious. Andalites were known for their arrogance. Maybe they found this weapon and took it for themselves?

"Still. A weapon like the one you described must be massive. How could you fit that anywhere but in the dome, where it would be visible?"

Aldrea2011

« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
<It is about twice the size of the average shredder. Not very hard to conceal on a dome ship. Would you happen to be able to esgtimate its trajectory from the explosion based on its position on the ship? It would narrow the search down considerably.>[color]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »
I still wasn't quite ready to accept what she'd been telling me.

"Captain... I know Andalite don't usually lie, and I know that you are a very trusted individual. I hate to mistrust your... story. But that is all it is. All it can be. Nothing that small can be that powerful. There is no race alive today that could create something that advanced.", I retorted.

Aldrea2011

« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
<I believe your words explain my own theory Ambassador, 'not alive TODAY.' who is to say that it isnt from the past, such as the yeerks, or even.... the future?>[color]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
My arguing was getting me nowhere.

"All right, Aldrea. I'll give you that. We've had enough experience recently with temporal anomalies to believe that may be true. But we didn't record the explosion. We will have to find this weapon on sensors."

I thought about what I had just said. A weapon... massively powerful. Beyond the wildest dreams of the Yeerks, the Hork-Bajir, even the Andaites... and it was somewhere on a rogue planetoid the size of the Terran moon.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:51:40 AM by Rhohawk »

Aldrea2011

« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »
I sighed, and looked down. <That may be harder than you think. Not to mention it is in a cogomium box, the artifact itself has cogomium in its design, it doesnt show on many scanners. The reason behind this is, as you likely know, is that cogomium absorbs energy. Scanners use energy to read whats being scanned. The likely conclusion is that it will not show on scanners.> I explained. Looks like a long day ahead of us. [color]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
I stared...

A weapon... massively powerful. Beyond the wildest dreams of the Yeerks, the Hork-Bajir, even the Andaites. It was somewhere on a rogue planetoid the size of the Terran moon... and we couldn't find it on scans...

"Well then, Captain. We'd better find this supposed weapon of yours before the Yeerks do, eh?"

I walked out, "Xero!? Where are you?"

Aldrea2011

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »
I followed Kage out of the room we were in to where Xero was. I hoped Kage would be willing to go on the mission with me to avoid informing others of the situation.[color]

((i'mma let u do the talking hehe))

Offline Ryan

« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2011, 03:04:15 PM »
You nearly bump into him. He was outside the (soundproof) door playing bodyguard. "Right here buddy. Was just watching the door so noone would try to bother you. And though I respect that it's classified, I have to remind you that I'm a General and you're a Ship Captain. I outrank you. By a lot. But keep your secret if you want. I wouldn't want to intrude. I try to not abuse my privileges."

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
I squinted, "What do you think I am? In the military? I'm an Ambassador. THAT is my rank. My role is a ship's captain. You may outrank Aldrea, who is in the rank of Captain, but as far as I'm concerned, we're even."

I thought for a second... what if Xero was constantly challenging my authority in this mission because he has a secret? I know he's a big military buff, but... what if he's a mercenary, hired to get the Combarra? Or worse, a bounty hunter out for personal gain. The Most powerful weapon ever...

"Alright, look. We need your help, " I started, taking a big risk, "We have a double mission now. We have to go back to Mareneoi, which is only a day away now, to destroy the portal. But we have a new situation. There is...", I hesitated, "A weapon, on Mareneoi. If the yeerks get it, we'll lose this new conflict. If we get it, we win in a few seconds. Can we trust you?"

That didn't come out the way I thought it would... it sounded like I was criticizing his loyalty or personal willpower...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
"There was a time that I couldn't be trusted. Many years ago. But I've changed since then. If I couldn't be trusted, I wouldn't be a general. I also wouldn't have been able to get on the ship. Question my authority all you want, but don't you dare question my honor." He pauses for a moment, considering. "A weapon? Must be powerful. We have to destroy it. I don't care about how it would be used. The very fact that a weapon that can single handedly win a war exists is horrifying. Doesn't matter how good your intentions are, I must advise you to destroy the weapon as soon as possible." He sighs and smiles. "And I still outrank you, oh great Ambassador." he says jokingly, but not mockingly.