Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334053 times)

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12555 on: December 16, 2010, 02:02:27 AM »
A new guy came up to the bar a couple seats from Silver. Every sense in her body went on alarm. That had never happened before. She ordered the blue and clear drinks again mixong and downing as it turned orange. He looked strange and yet there was somwthing about him... She tried to brush it off but the fact that he had come up to the bar without her so much as hearing him surprised her.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12556 on: December 16, 2010, 02:35:35 AM »
Salem finally finished gathering everything he wanted into a latched case with a handle, not too dissimilar to a briefcase. He took a moment to plug a small projection computer into the ship's main computer and download all of the information he had on "Earth" to it before stroking the wall. All the compartments he'd opened slid shut. He looked around one last time; for once, the ship was looking somewhat tidy. Al must have straightened it while he was napping.

He turned and walked down the ramp and towards the bar, the ship closing up behind him.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #12557 on: December 16, 2010, 05:24:15 AM »
"Her death was...unfortunate.  Perhaps a necessity though."  Ossanlin glimpse back towards the med-bay before lowering his voice a bit, though if either of the two in the room were listening carefully, they would still be able to pick out his words...if they understood Galard anyway.  "I told her she could make any choice and I would do my best to support her.  I...hoped that she would choose otherwise, but I knew the likelihood when I brought her sister to her.  I fear the damage is irreperable.  Unfortunately her host is little better off than her."  Ossanlin sighs.  "I hope Mike and Corliss turn out alright...I'm not exactly friends with them but Corliss is Myitt's brother..."
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12558 on: December 16, 2010, 08:23:16 AM »
"Apology accepted. Do you mind if I ask a question about Reptilinod culture? You put a lot of emphasis on honor, don't you?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12559 on: December 16, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »
Gaz sighed. "I'm sure everything will be ok. Though if you're right and she can't...god, can you imagine what that would do to Morgan?"

After taking a sip of her drink, Gaz turned to see someone new in the bar.

"Comin out of the woodworks today," she muttered.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12560 on: December 16, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
"I'm afraid the damage may be permanent as well." Temrash said. "That is, unless Tamora shows back up again.  I don't know exactly how it works, but around here it seems possible to bring someone back to life."

The Vampire noticed someone with an interesting aura about her, sitting close by. He turned to her and smiled, trying to make eye contact. It was much easier to draw people in if he could maintain eye contact.

"Hello fair maiden. May I say you have a delightful aura about you. My name is Fredrick. may I have the pleasure of your name?" He asked

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12561 on: December 16, 2010, 08:50:02 AM »
Gaz leaned over to look at the new guy talking to Silver with a raised eyebrow.

"You get all the guys don't you?" she asked trying to hide a smile. "Guess dudes don't dig pirate-chicks. By the way, I'll ring for Morgan if this guy bugs you. I'm sure he could use the exercise."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12562 on: December 16, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
Fredrick turns to Gaz and smiled in a friendly manner. He could sense some sort of emotional turmoils within both of the women. Perhaps a mututal problem of sorts. There also seemed to be some negative energy wafting through the air. Perhaps a fight had just transpired. Bars were such a delightful place.

"Please do not be bothered by my presence. I can certainly be social with anyone. Piracy is an exciting career, yes? Sailing the seas, or drifting through space. People to see. Places to go, and things to pilfer. But it's not always good times, is it?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12563 on: December 16, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »
Kikulon laughed hardily. Vekk threw back his head in laughter. Even I chuckled. Fenebok just spat.

Kikulon said, "Yes. To the Reptilinod Galactic Authority there is nothing BUT. Honor is everything to us."

Vekk spoke, "We even have found one or two lost colonies, and when we came back they had currency called Honor Credits."

I laughed, "If we didn't believe they way we do, the Authority would not be spread over 3/8 of the Galaxy!"

Vekk seemed to look to me admiringly, and then to Kikulon and back to John, "Indeed," he said, "We would not even have a decent boast of control in the Galaxy at large."
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12564 on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »
Both of Gaz's eyebrows went up as the new guy seemed to start laying on the charm.

"Can't say as it's an easy life to live," Gaz replied. "And you're right about the lack of good times. Just buried my cousin not long ago."

BaronConall

« Reply #12565 on: December 16, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »
A figure walks in, stopping in the doorway to take his surroundings and the... people seated around the bar.

"Huh. Well this raises more questions than it answers." mumbles the figure, if only to himself.

He stands at 5'11", with shoulder-length brown hair and a curiously blue beard. He is wearing a black t-shirt depicting a tentacled behemoth consuming a smaller creature, as well as a pair of denim jeans, black fingerless gloves and a curious pair of leather shoes with a split separating the big toe from the rest of the foot. A pair of silver necklaces hang from his neck, each supporting a small pendent. The first pendent being an entwining serpent while the second appears to be a single, black geometric shape inlaid within a single rectangular piece of silver.

He continues to stand in the doorway, unsure of where he stands with this crowd.

To anyone listening, his thoughts and emotions are a chaotic jigsaw;

...as a means of procuring the...
...at the end of which you will have amassed over 200 hours of flight time...
...staff evaluation meeting at 3pm...
...god NO! What is happening?! Oh god he's...
...by affecting the protein encoding regions of the promoter introns in each cell...
...believe he left it there, that was my favourite dress...
...deadly force is authorised. Under no circumstances are you to approach or make contact...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:32:35 PM by BaronConall »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #12566 on: December 16, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »
Al leaned forward again. "Sounds like you guys really do have some interesting stories to tell. You're each from a different version of Earth?"
Rayker seemed to remember having this conversation before, the last time he was playing cards. It was a good distraction though, and made it much easier to play with a poker face. Talk about something else and take attention from the game. This guy's good, Rayker thought.

"Yep, that's right.' he responded. "We may have mentioned before, but we each followed Desmond after he'd had his fun with our homeworlds through the multi-universal warps he traveled by, and eventually we joined up. I think that's the only thing that Desmond ever did that was any good at all. I'll bet." Rayker pushed forward a small stack of chips. Charlie, Jackson, and Lennan met the bet, and the others folded.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12567 on: December 16, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »
Fredrick put on a sympathizing face. A recent death. It was a common weak point in a mortal's life when a comrade of theirs had their life cut short. something he could prey on. He attempted to mentally call her closer to him with his eyes. It was a kind of hypnosis that Vampires were famed for. Unfortunately he couldn't keep it going without eye contact, so averting his gaze or closing his eyes would break the link. "I am sorry for your loss. Death is a tragic thing. are you a religious person? Many species turn to religion to find answers to the Great Beyond that spirits go to."

Fredrick was always drawn to those with some sort of mental weakness due to tragedy or other means. It was a way to lure mortals in to his cause. Much more fun than forcefully ripping the soul from a hapless mortal, though both methods would accomplish the same goal. He fed upon life energy, and sacrificed souls to his god.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12568 on: December 16, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »
Al decided to stay and see what the river brought up. He was taking a risk, and there was almost no way he'd be able to bluff through all four of them that were still in, but he just might be able to make something of it.

"Yeah, I do remember you telling me that," Al said to Rayker. "And you're all from... it sounds like shattered versions of the same planet. Tragic, sure, but there's so much else to see out there. I could start by teaching you guys a few crazy dance steps from the Cosmain homeworld. Similar physiology, so you should be able to do them. Some of them get reaaalllly nuts," he said, attempting to demonstrate by shimmying awkwardly in his chair.

At that moment, Salem walked in, scooting around the new guy in the doorway. "Scuse me," he said, tipping his hat slightly at the stranger. He walked up to the table where Al was sitting and handed him the display device; it was silver and about the size of a cell phone with no discernible external controls.

"Here you go. One history of Earth." He tipped his hat to the Beta Squadders at the table and said, "Howdy, y'all. I'm Salem, for those of you I don't know."

Al laughed. "Dude, you gotta stop trying for the cowboy thing. There's more to it than wearing the clothes and saying 'y'all' all the time."

Salem punched Al good-naturedly on the arm and asked the table, "Is Terenia still here? Or... Corliss, I think was his name?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12569 on: December 16, 2010, 05:35:58 PM »
Something about Gaz's head started to feel funny. She couldn't tell if all that rum was getting to her or if it was something else. Couldn't be the rum though...she hadn't had that much, and Gaz could certainly hold her own. It was something else. A hand in her pocket pressed a button on her comm.

A couple minutes later, Morgan walked into the bar. He had replaced the dark green vest he wore as a shirt, but hadn't had the chance to button it up. The large minotaur saw the stranger talking to Silver and Gaz.

Something about Gaz didn't look right. Morgan automatically knew that she wasn't drunk. Gaz wasn't like that.

He walked up and stood behind the three of them, closest to the stranger and crossed his muscular arms.

"Is there a reason you're bothering a member of my crew and my daughter?" he asked in a low voice.