Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196900 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1335 on: July 06, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin sighs, closing the comm.  He points to Serid.  <You're with me Warrior.>  He regards Claxter and Efaen with his stalk eyes.  <You two keep an eye on things inside.>  He doesn't say so, but he doesn't want either of them involved in this situation...Claxter had an emotional investment in Efaen and Efaen's feelings on the matter were...well...undes irable at best.

Ossanlin trots out the door and moves toward the Skimmer at a slightly less than urgent pace, trusting Serid to follow.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1336 on: July 06, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »
Salem rolled his eyes, "Yeah, if I think you're going to try to off me mid-job, I'm not exactly going to be asking for your help, Ildari. You can spare me your talk of 'The Kill,' too. As thrilling as it sounds, I don't think it's something I have need of in my own life."

Having him along would be dangerous, Salem thought, but on the other hand...

"If you want in on my little job, I'll need some sort of assurance that you won't be targeting me until that contract is fulfilled. Is that something your... fate would allow you to agree to?" he asked with a smirk.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1337 on: July 06, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
Ewa felt a twinge of frustration.  It was the sort of twinge that caused her to picture herself with three arms, each choking one of her current companions as she bashed their heads together and demanded they make themselves useful.  At this rate a plot will NEVER develop and we'll be stuck here with nothing better to do than drink ourselves under the table.... or maybe someplace a bit more comfortable... mm...  Someone else might have needed to bite the inside of her cheek, but Ewa stayed relaxed and let her gaze wander.  The bar had quieted down again.

She eyed Jasper's carving with admiration, though she was also envious he had something to help keep him occupied.  "Looks like it will be a lovely little addition to the pachyderm population of the bar." Her eyes were smiling.  "You never did tell me what brought you here."  She left it as a statement.  Probably he had not said before because it was not something he felt he could share, but she needed more information to work with.

"What year was it when you left your version of Earth, then?" she asked Al.
Work is for the weak

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1338 on: July 06, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
<Yes sir.> Claxter said. He didn't really want to be outside with them anyway. His stalk eyes shifted fom Efaen to Theta to that predator that was talking with Salem and making him nervous. Illim had gone outside, likely to help Corliss or Terenia. <Bartender. A drink please. Something to settle the nerves, but won't make my legs feel like they're on fire.> The bartender came back with some orange liquid, and it tasted pretty good when he tried it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1339 on: July 07, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »
Mar eventually spots Salem, frowning as he realizes that the idiot is already caught up in some other conversation. The man closest to him looks rough around the edges and a little bizarre, like a mercenary of sorts. Mar snorts at this thought. You could never tell whose side the lawless would be on at any given time---Mar had hired lawless people before and had also been attacked by them. This Bar, unfortunately, attracted that kind of traveler. Mar wondered dimly what exactly he was by this point.

Mar walks quietly up to Salem and states, "....trader. We have seen enough of one another that I can be reasonably certain of making a proper...deal with you. You seem to have traveled to a very large number of places, so I may...ask for information or something else from your ship rather than energy from your body. I prefer the latter, but you may have more on you that I need than you realize. I'm tired of wasting time in this rotting place."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1340 on: July 07, 2011, 07:13:43 AM »
Illim continues approaching once Zorish acknowledges him. <<Hopefully this doesn't turn into a shootout,>> he mutters to Derrel, glad to feel the weight of the Dracon at his side.

Mike emerges from the Skimmer a moment later. Maybe I can diffuse this, he thinks, knowing Corliss wouldn't appreciate a dead host. And, if this is Terenia, based on what he's been told about her and Corliss's relationship, he wouldn't want her dead, either.

"Hello, brother," he calls to Zorish, his tone friendly. He is wearing the most disarming smile Derrel can muster.

Serid stands immediately upon receiving his order. "Yes, sir," he murmurs, bypassing the Andalites out the Bar door behind Ossanlin. It is beyond him how he might be of service here where the others cannot, except for his relationship with Illim and more tenuous one with Corliss, but he does not question or complain.

Even though Ossanlin is moving far less swiftly than he could, Serid still must follow at a jog to keep up.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1341 on: July 07, 2011, 08:00:41 AM »
<<Hopefully.>> Derrel said. Zorish had used the word friend, but he wasn't sure how friendly zorish would actually be. Obviously he was willing to be civil, which was a start, but Terenia wasn't that civil a person save with Corliss.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1342 on: July 07, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
<<Well, don't bloody shoot her!>> Mike exclaims, feeling full well the pressure his hand is exerting on the weapon.  <<Say something, for God's sake.>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1343 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
Efaen watches Ossanlin and Serid leave, feeling slightly put-off by the fact that she was not called on to help. She raises no complaint, though, keeping her opinions to herself. Instead, she begins listening to the conversations around her. Closest at hand are a crowd of newcomers; all of which seem vaguely human. The only one she recognizes in the group is Salem's lackey, who's name she cannot recall. She keeps her face as impassive as possible as she eavesdrops on their conversation.

<<Right. Say something,>> Terenia clears Mike's throat and tries to force his muscles to unclench. You're a Yeerk, dammit, she scolds herself. Act the part. Taking a deep breath she switches her focus away from Zorish slightly, instead sinking deeper into Mike's consciousness and his mannerisms. Her hand loosens on the Dracon, although she keeps it ready at her side.

"Hello Sub-Visser," Terenia says in Mike's voice, carefully addressing the Yeerk inside Tamora rather than Tamora herself.

Zorish's smile twists slightly at the slight shaking in Mike's tone. His gaze flickers quickly to Illim, then back to Terenia. "Do you know why I am here?" he asks levelly, stepping back to allow Mike room to descend the ramp if he so chooses.

Mouth dry, Terenia nods. "You want to know about...about your death. And your...your host's."

"Indeed," Zorish says, that mocking smile still in place. "And what can you tell me?"

"I reckon you already know everything," Terenia says, briefly watching Mike's memory of Zorish and Myitt's conversation. "I wasn't there when you died."

"No, but you were there when Tamora died," Zorish snaps, smile fading. His Dracon raises ever so slightly, still pointed at the ground, but clearly visible. "What part did you play in her death?"

"I-" Terenia's voice shifts again, taking on her own angry tones. "I had no choice, Yeerk. She was dangerous. She nearly killed me! And she wouldn't...she wouldn't agree to stay away from the Empire. I had to kill her! It was for her own good!"

"Was it?" Zorish does raise his Dracon this time, drawing a bead on Mike's chest. Terenia reacts quickly, raising her own weapon in turn.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1344 on: July 07, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »
<<This is probably going to sound weird, Illim, but if you're going to stun someone, it should be Terenia. Usually it's best to go after the aggressive person in a fight. Things tend to settle down faster that way, and there's less of a chance of someone getting killed.>> Derrel said. He'd do it himself, but he couldn't.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1345 on: July 07, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin swears in his own mind, setting off on a gallop as he sees arms pointing at others.  The Imperial hadn't seemed hostile, obviously Ossanlin had judged incorrectly.  He knows full well that Serid won't be able to keep up, but he trusts that he will arrive shortly to back him up.  This was exactly the reason he hadn't asked Efaen or Claxter to come along.  <<Clear your weapon of its holster and set to stun, Warrior, but only fire if you believe it to be absolutely necessary.>>

As soon as he's in range, Ossanlin follows his own orders and frees both of his Shredders from their holsters, commanding them to stun, and raises one at the Imperial and the other at Mike.  He didn't know who had raised on the other first, but this needed to be diffused.  <Both of you lower your weapons or I will be forced to lower them for you!>

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________

~Rathien~

Rathien returns Salem's gaze.  The Hunter is taller, but being that he's sitting and Salem's standing, they're about level, Salem's head just a few inches above his own.  "Well, Tobias..."  he grins charismatically, "I can agree to just about anything."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:51:29 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1346 on: July 07, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »
Al frowned and squinted at Jasper's carving, "Pachyderm... pachy... dermis? Phil, the philanthropic pachyderm? Pachy Rap?" He snapped his fingers and pointed at the figure, grinning, "It's an elephant! Boo yah!" He looked from Jasper to Ewa, still beaming, "You guys are really trying to put my Earth-knowledge to the test here, aren't you?"

When Ewa asked what year it was when he left Earth, he ****ed his head, and then stared off into space, speaking as he thought. "Good question. Let me see... if I go by that Gregorian calendar you Earthlings are so fond of... um... I think I haven't been on Earth since around thirty-two fifty-seven. I remember clearly not remembering the night before. I was hung over from one of the Earth holidays I'm very well acquainted with," he winked at Jasper. "You April Fools sure know how to get down. I guess that means it was April second. I think I wound up leaving at around twelve-twelve, Greenwich Mean Time." He looked at Ewa, "Is that how you measure time on your Earth? Did I do that right? What year are you all from, anyway, since we're swapping such intimate personal information?"

Salem snorted in response to Rathien's words, "You professional bounty hunters are all the same. It'd be nice if one of you had some honor for once." He grinned at the hunter, "If you and I come to an agreement, there's no way I could trust you to actually hold up your end of the deal, is there? Because if my little project is going to happen, the last thing we're going to need is to spend the entire time worrying about betrayal." He smirked, "Maybe this time I should just get rid of you and be done with it. Don't you think you've walked away from me enough times? We're both living on borrowed time since Lursa seven. At some point, your fate might want yours back." He grinned, "And I might just agree with her for once." He didn't know if it was possible to strike a nerve with Rathien- he'd never had this much of a chance to speak with the being before- but that wasn't going to stop him from trying. He'd escaped Rathien on a few occasions before- usually by a fairly wide margin- but Lursa seven had been very close. Salem's escape from that one had to be sitting in the front of Rathien's mind, and he was going to make sure it stayed there.

He turned to Mar. It took a moment for what he'd said to sink in. He still... wanted to make a deal with him? Salem could feel himself practically salivating. What Mar had offered him was... extremely tempting, to put it lightly. The potential power... the insight into the Immortals... He stared at the highest, his mind wandering back to what Myitt had told him about the being... the warnings she'd given. But this... Mar was proposing a change in the equation. How much trust could he place in the being?

After a moment of awkward silence, Salem finally replied, "Of course, I'm willing to help you out in any way I can, highest, assuming you still want to deal with me. I'm not sure what someone like me could offer someone like you, but if you'd like to take a look at what I've got, you're welcome to."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1347 on: July 08, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »
"Thanks... it's... okay, I guess." Jasper said to Ewa. "Let's just say I'm here on vacation."

<<Ha, vacation....>>
<<Well.. what would you call it?>>

Jasper chuckled. "Yeah, it's an elephant. Sorta...." He listened to Al's little spiel on his Earth visit. " That's about a thousand years after my time, dude. So... I have no idea if that's the same timeline or not. And yeah, I think you did that right. At least, it's right in my world. ..This is all so confusing..."

He looked at Ewa, awaiting her response.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1348 on: July 08, 2011, 03:55:23 AM »
~Rathien~

Rathien's grin falters a bit before he recovers.  Even so he still runs his tongue over the opposite fang as before...not a sign of desire, but of annoyance.

"Fate makes her decisions and I help to execute them.  Trying to go against her is an exercise in futility.  If it is time for my Dream to end, then it is time and nothing will stop it."  His grin takes on a bit of a nasty twist.  "You're certainly welcome to try your luck Tobias...but you should know by now that I will not hesitate to kill in the defense of my own life, even if it isn't The Kill."  It would not be visible to anyone not skilled in martial styles, but Rathien's posture changes in minute ways that make him ready to respond in a number of different ways to a number of different things on a moment's notice.

"I am not the one who runs away like a scared little itrag."  Rathien affords Salem a bit of a sneer.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:35:55 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1349 on: July 08, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
((Woops...I kinda forgot about this place...))
|OGREON

Ogreon was still standing petrified in fear of the cyborg. But eventually, his body unlocked and he moved...running right out of the establishment. He ran behind the bar and panted heavily, trying to thin of what to do next.

|THETA-PI

Theta's sensors detected the creature running away. He couldn't care less. He continued processing...

What if the Alvie come to find us... he thought to himself...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother