Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196913 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1020 on: June 13, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
Salem walked through the front door of the bar and looked around. For once, it appeared relatively quiet in the bar itself. Even so, there were several new beings he didn't recognize. He pulled his persona imager from his pocket, pointed it in succession at the two creatures that appeared human, and at the one alien whose species he didn't recognize, and clicked a button on it, causing it to trill.

Once he'd clicked it at all three, he stuck it back in his pocket and sighed. What he really needed right now was to talk to Ossanlin or Illim. He didn't know where Ossanlin had gone, however, and Illim seemed insistent on remaining near Corliss. Salem was starting to think that he didn't want anything more to do with Corliss than necessary. If that meant he wouldn't get a chance to trade with the so-called Yeerk Rebellion, so be it. If he was a typical example of their people, they wouldn't be worth the trouble.

After a moment of staring blankly at the bar's current occupants, he shrugged. He'd gotten more and more into business mode as he'd spent time here, but it wouldn't hurt to take a break. He was sure Al would agree enthusiastically.

He walked over to the table around which Ogreon, Van, Mar and Elayne were gathered.

"Elayne, Mar," he said with a smile to the two sitting individuals he knew. He then turned to the two newcomers, "Hi, guys. Name's Salem."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1021 on: June 13, 2011, 07:09:41 PM »
I will practice. Claxter said. This was much faster than normal Thoughtspeak. It wouldn't be too bad to use it a bit before having it removed. He finished morphing, and managed to pick Efaen up awkwardly, and start moving towards the Mirage with some effort.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1022 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »
"Computer, initialize dampeners." The computer recognized the female voice and acted in turn. The larger-than-average Bug Fighter shuddered slightly, and the ship began a slow, spiraling descent to the ground.

"We appear to be approaching a planetoid of unremarkable size or origin," the same voice says, reading aloud from a holoscreen, despite no others being present in the room. "All biological, sapient lifeforms appear to be gathered around a central location of some sort." Deft fingers tuck a strand of blonde hair behind an ear. "I am reading a number of ship signals. Skrit Na, Yeerk, Andalite...some I've never seen before."

<What is it?> A tremulous voice asks from within the pilot's head.

"An outpost of sorts," the pilot responds verbally. "A gathering place for vagabonds and tureleks, no doubt."  He snorts derisively. "Computer, initialize automatic landing procedure. Maintain full cloaking."

<Are you sure this is the place?>

"I'm not a fool," a small smirk appears on the young woman's face. "I know how to follow an unencrypted communication. The dapsen Andalite that sent the message wasn't exactly trying to be discreet about it."

The Bug Fighter sets down lightly, landing struts extended. The cloaking field makes the ship virtually invisible, but heat from the ship's engines still ripple the air. Inside the ship, the human-Controller is rumaging through a compartment, outfitting his clearly marked Imperial uniform with a Dracon that has clearly been cared for meticulously. The metal gleams as he slides it into his holster. Checking the computer screens one last time he shuts the ship down, ordering it to respond only to his voice commands.

"Let us see what this wretched place has to offer," the Controller says with a small smile, opening the hatch. He waits as the ramp extends before stepping out into the fresh air, making a beeline for the rickety structure that makes up the bar. Swinging the door open, the Controller wrinkles his host's nose in disdain, surveying the dilapidated interior and its occupants.

<Well, Tamora,> the Yeerk says internally. <It appears that we have truly found the dregs of the galaxy here.>

<She'll be here, though,> Tamora responds anxiously. <Won't she, Zorish?>

<Let us find out.> Zorish steps into the room boldly, steely grey eyes landing on each occupant one by one.

"Good evening," he says, raising his voice so it carries across the bar. "I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find Myitt One-Nine-Five. I have some very urgent business to tend to."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:38:06 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1023 on: June 13, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »
Ossanlin looks down his nose at Corliss once more before following Claxter toward the Mirage at a limp.  He glances at the mechanoid Andalite as well, still uncomfortable at the sight of such disfiguration.  Mangled corpses he had seen, and he'd come to accept them...but this being seems like a reanimated corpse...someting else entirely...run by machines and metal.

<Did you happen to see what exactly transpired Claxter?>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1024 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »
<Corliss wants to leave the planet, and wanted to take Efaen with her with or without your permission. I suggested that they go ahead and leave, and pick her up later, or we could send her later, but I was ignored. He was aiming his weapon at her the whole time he demanded she come with him, and I was going to put him in his place, but Efaen said if he was going to shoot her then go ahead and let him. I left in frustration, and he shot her while she was heading inside.>

<Corliss cares nothing for Efaen as a person. Only as Terenia's host. I suggested it may be prudent for her to work for a Yeerk more loyal to you like Temrash if she felt she must go that route. She doesn't like him any more than Corliss. What is your personal opinion of Temrash, anyway?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1025 on: June 14, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »
Our sensors detected a vessel landing in the vicinity. We had a directive. Ultimately, the directive was Get Efaen to Safety. Our directive was divided, just as it would be divided between thousands of drones; Unit Theta occupied the Yeerks, Unit Iota carried Efaen. So we held our position. Our physical body did not move a nanometer, and our SION weapon was leveled evenly at all times. Our ocular turrets turned to watch that Unit Iota, Ossanlin Unit, and Efaen Unit got to the intended destination, while our main ocular units kept steady watch over the Yeerks.

Ogreon looked at the man named Salem, "Greetings! I am Ambassador Ogreon of the starship Urtahn. I seem to be saying that a lot recently...I'm used to attache parties where everyone learns who I am at the same time. But no matter. Nice to make your acquaintance."

He smiled.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:50:31 AM by RAFRukh(Caleb) »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1026 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
Carris approaches the bar. His hands are shaking uncontrollably. He clenches his fists and focuses on Adam's recent memories to distract himself. Walls splitting open and repairing themselves. What the hell kind of place was this?

He glances over his shoulder in the general direction of his ship, wishing suddenly to go home. Except... except home actually exist anymore, since he'd given it up to come here. Sighing, he enters the building and makes his way back to the bar. He sits down and waves at the bartender. "Might as well pour me another Guiness."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1027 on: June 14, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
Mar's exhausted delirium is tempered with sudden irritation and cynicism at the arrival of this...person. He's assuming "man," but he gets the vague feeling that you can never be too sure with Beryllians. A statement taken out of the vapor of his memories that makes absolutely no sense to him. That's helpful. His accent registers as "annoying," and he's calling Mar an Oligarch.

"Of the Hegemony?" mutters Mar with a frown at Van. "Technically that's correct, but I doubt that is what you mean." And to be honest, even Mar didn't know what he meant. "Whoever you are, I appear to have lost all memory of you." He then narrows his eyes at Van. "...which may be a good thing. I can tell that you're an irritant, and you should not get that close to sweet Elayne. If you become a problem in this Bar, I will become your problem boy."

Mar curtly nods at Salem and puts his own hand on Elayne, almost leaning on her but trying not to look it.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #1028 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
Morgan stormed back into the bar. The past couple weeks had been spent cooped up in his own ship while Asda ran medical tests. It was the one thing Morgan had never wanted to be again, a lab rat.

Asda had been studying the records and noticed that Morgan was at risk for further change. There was also the slight chance that Morgan could start losing his mind.

During that time, Gaz had taken her own ship to see Cortex personally to see what information he could potentially dig up. Also, members of the crew had been preparing one of the brig cells in case Morgan should need it.

Andromeda had kept herself cooped up as well. She wasn't adjusting to the idea very well. As for Silver...Morgan didn't know. He hadn't seen her or been able to tell her the news.

Morgan sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. Gaz wasn't far behind, she had only returned from her long errand less than half an hour ago.

"Just gave Asda all the information Cortex was able to dig up," Gaz said as she sat down. "Don't worry about it. You're tough, you'll pull through."

"I don't understand it though," Morgan confessed, "it's been ten years. Why would this be a problem now?"

Gaz shrugged. "You're asking the wrong gal."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1029 on: June 14, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »
Illim raises an eyebrow at Corliss. "Sorry I suggested shooting her," he murmurs, turning his head slightly to talk to him while still watching Ossanlin. "I'll defer to you, of course, being green and all, but if my guess that this is the same Andalite that brought us over here in the first place, it's better to risk Terenia's wrath than his."

Elayne gives Salem a brief, terse nod, her attention focused on the newcomers to her table rather than the trader who seemed to think she was more than she was--something she imagined Mar would find amusing.

When a familiar voice calls out from the doorway for information on Myitt, however, Elayne looks up sharply. Tamora? she wonders. No, no. Can't be. She feels like hearing about Tamora's death should have affected her more, even though she only knew the woman a short time. Must be Terenia, then, she thinks and returns her gaze to Mar, putting an arm around his back.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1030 on: June 14, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »
<<I can't find myself worrying more about a Yeerk in a jug more than an Andalite right now, especially one that has underlings. I think we should leave. Especially since it would look suspicious to hang around long after being in such a rush to leave that Corliss shot Efaen with intent to drag her into the ship.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1031 on: June 14, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Corliss lowers his Dracon, regarding Ossanlin coldly.

"Fine.  She's not being taken back for interrogation," he says, squaring his jaw as his teeth set on edge.  "It would appear, War-Prince Ossanlin, that Efaen has changed her mind about joining us.  Unfortunately, this doesn't sit very well with Terenia, and it honestly doesn't sit well with me.  If this is the kind of promise she makes to our organization, and then tosses aside, how can we trust her within our ranks?"

He sighs.  "I shouldn't have shot her, it was foolish.  She's just so bloody aggravating, and I need...no, Terenia needs her.  And I've sworn to help Terenia."

Corliss only pauses in the midst of his ire when he sees Terenia walk by, wearing an Imperial uniform.

"What...?" he whispers, staring.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:03:40 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1032 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
<Oh stop spewing feces! She agreed to go with you when she had approval from her superior, and not before. As her duty demands.> Claxter said. He refrained from making threats, but he could think of a few to give. <Just leave.>

We need to keep an eye on him at all times. Prince Ossanlin won't likely let you in the ship yet, so you can stay outside and keep an eye on them. If they leave the planetoid, so be it. If they don't, then please keep tabs on them. He said to Gremyyt. Don't let them follow us.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:14:48 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1033 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
Corliss hears but doesn't register Claxter's comment, pointing weakly at Zorish as he walks up to the bar entrance.

"That's...but she's..."  He turns back in the direction of the Skimmer, then stares back at the swinging door through which Zorish had vanished.  "Am I losing my bloody mind?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1034 on: June 14, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
Claxter also noticed Terenia...or Tamora. He looked at Efaen as if she might somehow be fake or something. <This place is wrong.> He said, but continued trying to mostly carry Efaen.

Ani-Master 2014!