Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224947 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2415 on: June 03, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
Sorry I've been so... not here.. guys. The best I could have come up with the past few days would have been uber lamesauce, so I just waited. I think I'm a bit more motivated now.

Post Merged: June 03, 2011, 12:10:52 PM
I hate having to ask this every time, but.. who's in the bar again? There are too many people to keep track of, lol. :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:10:52 PM by Pear »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2416 on: June 03, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »
I have two characters standing not too far outside the building, and one character in a ship.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2417 on: June 03, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
Gosh, this's been moving so slowly lately...

I believe the only people actually in the bar at the moment are Trey, Elayne and Mar. The growing crowd around Jasper/Sapptus now includes Al, Corliss, Illim, Efaen and Claxter. Is there anyone I'm missing in either spot?

By the way, Marie, where'd Serid get off to?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2418 on: June 03, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
I know that Van's not in the Bar, but he is likely to join in again soon once RAFRukh, AmberKatira, and I wrap up the happenings in the Urtahn.

Dying to get Van to meet Mar. A Mar he doesn't know...! lol
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2419 on: June 03, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »
I think were just about done. You were gonna fix up yor hair, Ewa's all set, and Ogreon has only to reenergize the coat and you can beam back down!
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2420 on: June 03, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
Yes!  Soon to rejoin the bar!

Not trying to slow things down with the question, just figured I would chime in.  Ewa's set to go back anytime.
Work is for the weak

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2421 on: June 03, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
Amber, I was wondering; I remember your posts about "expensive effects" or something to that effect(Tehe). Does Ewa think this is all a TV show or something?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2422 on: June 03, 2011, 10:47:24 PM »
Not sure if I explicitly posted it or not, but Serid went into the bar to sleep. Poor dude's been awake way too long. He's, for the moment, out of commission huddled in a booth or (god forbid) one of the Bar's backroom beds.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2423 on: June 04, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
Derrel actually slept in a backroom bed for a few hours, but no one posted any effects. I just posted that he had nightmares, but since I don't really know what kind of stuff could happen, I didn't say anything beyond that.

Post Merged: June 04, 2011, 10:09:22 PM
I'm not sure how what Temrash did could be considered selling Salem out, and he didn't even hang around long enough for them to talk.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:09:22 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2424 on: June 04, 2011, 10:21:53 PM »
Amber, I was wondering; I remember your posts about "expensive effects" or something to that effect(Tehe). Does Ewa think this is all a TV show or something?

Yep, still thinks she's a sort of temporary fill-in person in a scape.  Did my post about this get eaten by the RAFpocalypse?  Anyways, as anxious as she might feel about things that don't quite add up, treating the situation as something she can understand and respond to is the easiest thing to do.  I mean, what would you do if you suddenly appeared on a strange planet in a different universe?  If she never admits that that might be what's going on, she never has to answer that question.

And yes, that post got eaten.  So.  A scape is an artificial space/stage used for highly realistic theatrical productions (similar to a holodeck, but less dependence on holographs).  They're seen as very "artistic".  Plays are all supposed to portray important cultural stories from other races.  Ewa's family specializes in human culture and she always plays the role of a female human.  After the equivalent of a toddler stage, Paladinians cannot change their shape in major ways without a ridiculous amount of effort, so it's important to start teaching the future actors at a very young age and guide their shapes in the desired direction.  Originally, these sorts of plays were produced by Alphoids who kidnapped Paladinian children and forced them to shift and perform as required.  The status gap between the two races isn't that big anymore though, and the Paladinian families that produce these plays take a lot of pride in them.

I think that's about what I said last time..... hoping it makes sense.
Work is for the weak

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2425 on: June 04, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
I'm not sure how what Temrash did could be considered selling Salem out, and he didn't even hang around long enough for them to talk.

sell someone out and sell someone down the river
to betray someone; to reveal damaging information about someone.

Salem was less-than-happy with Temrash once Temrash revealed that that's what he'd done. Haha... I don't think he felt that they had anything else to talk about.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2426 on: June 05, 2011, 07:34:56 AM »
But he took responsibility for it, instead of denying everything and basically using Salem as a scapegoat. I guess Temrash was damned if he did, damned if he didn't. All Salem's fault for getting caght when he has a perfectly good partner to keep him from getting spotted.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2427 on: June 05, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
Hey guys.

I just talked to Tara. She's currently in Wyoming for the summer and her room does not have cell service or internet service. She has the option of going into town and using their internet service in the evenings, and she'll be out in the field on Fridays and Saturdays in an area that has a tiny bit of service.

Long story short...her posts will be few and far between until August. Evenings and weekends only, basically.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2428 on: June 05, 2011, 02:56:16 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad, since it looks like big things are about to happen. Will Corliss fire on Efaen? What will Ossanlin say if he fails, and Claxter brings the Yeerk before him as a traitor? What will Ossanlin say if he succeeds at kidnapping Efaen? Who knows?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2429 on: June 05, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad, since it looks like big things are about to happen. Will Corliss fire on Efaen? What will Ossanlin say if he fails, and Claxter brings the Yeerk before him as a traitor? What will Ossanlin say if he succeeds at kidnapping Efaen? Who knows?

lol....that sounds like the ending to the first part of a two-part tv show when the narrator is trying to sound all dramatic.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013