Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224949 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2295 on: May 16, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »
XP Well, I'm back. I had a whole ton of work to do. Not that it makes much of a difference. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2296 on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »
DANG IT! I did it in Inn of the World's End, and now I did it here...I edited a post instead of posting a NEW post...  :mad:

Does anyone remember what I said?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:45:24 PM by Cream-Rukh(Caleb) »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2297 on: May 16, 2011, 06:11:22 PM »
Sorry it took me so long.  I tend to be in lab all day on weekdays, so I probably won't be able to post until after 5 or 6 central time.  I will try to stop in at lunch if things are moving well, though.

I think it's kinda hilarious that Ewa's leaving the bar already.  And Van.  Yay for new characters not sticking around long enough to make too much trouble!  Ewa is going to be so lost though >.<

^_^
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2298 on: May 16, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
DANG IT! I did it in Inn of the World's End, and now I did it here...I edited a post instead of posting a NEW post...  :mad:

Does anyone remember what I said?

N-n-no clue! Sorry... Uhm, but, if you have Firefox, it's time to suggest Lazarus Form Recovery, then, I guess. That thing's crazy-useful, especially when I'm typing, press certain keys unknowingly, and accidentally send me on the page I was before, and have to go back and re-post. When I see the blank text box again, I just right-click, and can find where I left off again.

.... Just my little recommendation. It kinda revolutionized forum RPs for me. lol

EDIT: Welp. I guess it's about time Van got "beamed up" and popped out and into the soon-to-be-existent new thread. But... we're kind of in a pickle with this posting business, aren't we? Here's to hoping you can figure out what you said and meant to say, Cream. :(

EDIT2: I just realized that we have a lot of people hiking their way up to a ship to help an injured person. I mean, maybe Mar should join the ship-boarding party or something. XD

We could stick him on a stretcher, and start yelling, "Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:08:48 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2299 on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:19 PM »
Hmmm...Ogreon did watch the fight. *ideas*

:P

Ok, this happened to me in Inn of the Worlds End, so I really don't feel like fixing it again. So, here's what I know...Ogreon stated something to the effect of making his peace with Adam, and then explained the transporter technology(Molecular Dematerialization, Piggybscking on an invisible/harmless energy beam, and reintegration physical/mental). Ok? We all good? :P

If someone prefers I go back and edit I will. By I feel lazy right now... :P

EDIT: So Pyre, what IS your Federation? One of your own making? Do you even like Star Trek?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:15:28 PM by Cream-Rukh(Caleb) »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2300 on: May 16, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »
I forget if Claxter is aware that Terenia has been using Mike's body, and not know if it's corliss or Terenia when he inevitably asks to be let in the Mirage. I want to say no, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2301 on: May 16, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
Yeah, I didn't want to double post, but that's basically what Ogreon said.

Like how it was protocol to explain the process, etc.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2302 on: May 17, 2011, 05:36:45 AM »
Pyrebird's Federation has absolutely nothing to do with Star Trek, and I know this because I helped shape about a third of it. XP The rest is all her. It's....essentially an alien convention taken over by races that have nothing to do with the race that created the government system. Result = Federation constantly quarreling with itself. ;) Note that the Federation, in private, in fact calls itself the Oligarchy and this is the more accurate term. It is made up of a bunch of powerful men of various races who have temporarily agreed to work with one another in order to run the government. Oligarchy members as a result die and get replaced every few months or so, although there are a few "consistent" members.

Mar is one of these. He runs security, but almost as a private company---think the main antagonist from the second and third PotC movies in terms of style. The odd side effect is that he is one of five or six members that are essentially blackmailing most of the Oligarchy. Due to their jobs being essential to the running of parts of the other members' organizations. Naturally, all of these five or six hate one another. Shenanigans ensue. :P

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2303 on: May 17, 2011, 06:09:39 AM »
I forget if Claxter is aware that Terenia has been using Mike's body, and not know if it's corliss or Terenia when he inevitably asks to be let in the Mirage. I want to say no, though.

I don't think Claxter knows, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd have to go back and check.

But you don't know for sure that Corliss will inevitably ask to be let into the Mirage. He does have a Salem situation to deal with.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2304 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:46 AM »
Pyrebird's Federation has absolutely nothing to do with Star Trek, and I know this because I helped shape about a third of it. XP The rest is all her. It's....essentially an alien convention taken over by races that have nothing to do with the race that created the government system. Result = Federation constantly quarreling with itself. ;) Note that the Federation, in private, in fact calls itself the Oligarchy and this is the more accurate term. It is made up of a bunch of powerful men of various races who have temporarily agreed to work with one another in order to run the government. Oligarchy members as a result die and get replaced every few months or so, although there are a few "consistent" members.

Mar is one of these. He runs security, but almost as a private company---think the main antagonist from the second and third PotC movies in terms of style. The odd side effect is that he is one of five or six members that are essentially blackmailing most of the Oligarchy. Due to their jobs being essential to the running of parts of the other members' organizations. Naturally, all of these five or six hate one another. Shenanigans ensue. :P

Ok, :P I just had to make sure. :)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2305 on: May 17, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »

I don't think Claxter knows, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd have to go back and check.

But you don't know for sure that Corliss will inevitably ask to be let into the Mirage. He does have a Salem situation to deal with.

Oh yeah. He might decide to do that. I should not assume things.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2306 on: May 17, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
Oh, look! Kelbells beat me to the Oligarchy explanation!

Yeah, if I wanted to get needlessly political, I could, but suffice to say, that's the gist of it. She's actually better at explaining it than I am, which is sad... I made up these guys! OTZ

We won't need to worry about them anyways, but some background info is always handy.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2307 on: May 17, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »
You know, I just realized Shenmue and Pyrebird are female...:P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2308 on: May 17, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
Yeah, but once you realize they're both female, you have to admit the fact that they're so awesome is far less perplexing.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2309 on: May 17, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
They are epic! :)

Actually, I'm close to RAFcrushing on Pyre...not to freak you out or anything, but your just so darn epic! :P