Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226454 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #4005 on: February 16, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
I had to spend about ten minutes tring to think of some yeerk dish.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #4006 on: February 16, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »
Congrats. Good to know you're putting forth an effort to keep continuity.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #4007 on: February 16, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »
Effort due to lack of description by author. But I accept your compliment. :P
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4008 on: February 18, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
It's good Terenia isn't here. Tamora's a wreck as it is.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4009 on: February 19, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »
Yeah, no kidding. XD

Although Tamora being there would probably screw with Terenia as much as it would screw with Tamora. Not good for either of them.

I should pull her back in at some point. Not yet, though. XD Gotta have perfect timing.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4010 on: February 19, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
Claxter will be nonplussed at Zorish staying instead of going back and having another dimension's Terenia killed. But oh well. I feel like people like Myitt, terenia, and Oss are main characters and most other people are side characters.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4011 on: February 19, 2012, 12:54:34 AM »
Well, they've been here the longest, and the others do seem to move in and out around them. Though they do each have their vacation days that allow us secondary actors a chance to shine. ;D

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4012 on: February 19, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »
Myitt, Terenia, and Ossanlin are basically the "main characters," I think. X3 Our characters are just weird people they know. ;)

Sorry I've been out. Again. I stand no chance of keeping this up regularly, even though I'm one of the oldest new Bar members. I can say that I'll keep trying anyway.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4013 on: February 19, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
I feel like people like Myitt, terenia, and Oss are main characters and most other people are side characters.

The only reason that might be is because your characters don't have much of a reason to talk to other people's characters; ours all seem to arrive at the same time, for a purpose. We also have backgrounds that we develop and roleplay, so there is continuity we can talk about.

It just makes things easier than, "hey, stranger in a creepy bar, how are you and please don't shoot me?" :)

And yeah...I kind of overhauled and embellished the place for years with other folks who aren't in the rp now, and Jessi, Marie, Luke, Kelly and I have been working on our characters for a long time...that doesn't mean we own the place or are "the main characters". We're just among the most stalwart!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4014 on: February 19, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
Well I see nothing wrong with being a side character or whatever. It's just in stories there are usually different groups. Everyone is important, but you have your main characters, side characters, recurring characters, one episode characters, and so forth. I didn't mean it as demeaning to anyone, just an observation.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4015 on: February 19, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Yeah, but to each individual group of characters who may be involved with each other's lives, aren't they the "main characters" for that group? Implying you're a side character implies there isn't a lot of character development...or you simply get bored with a character and he or she doesn't stick around for long. This isn't a movie, it's an exercise in creating "main characters" :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #4016 on: February 19, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »
Hey peeps. This particular stalwart individual is going to have to take a break for a couple of months, I think. I can't really keep up with the GESB right now, considering I'm moving twice, getting married, traveling and working a ton between now and mid-April. I'm sorry, but it's probably best this way, rather than making y'all wait on Illim and Daniel. I'll be back in late April.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4017 on: February 19, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »
good luck on everything. We miss you.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4018 on: February 19, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
Okay, I know, long post for Salem, but I'm setting up a number of potential interactions here. Mwa. Mwaha. Mwahaha.

Hey, Parker- earlier, I only had the vaguest idea of how Salem's little EM patches would work, but now that I've worked them out more in suitably ridiculous Atazin pseudoscience, there's not a good way I can justify Parker's having been entirely unaffected. I've sort of shoehorned a brief explanation of the reason I came up with into my post- let me know if you think it's too much (chances are I'll never have Salem make use of it- lots of work involved there.)

Also- this is why I try to keep Salem off his ship. It's overpowered for this bar >.<

EDIT: Marie! You busy, busy person! Call me if you need anything. Good luck with all of the madness.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4019 on: February 20, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »
Your explanation is rather confusing. I'll re-read it when I get home.

Chad, Raile and Garreth are outside behind the bar. Unless Jocun can see through walls, it's unlikely he could've seen Raile perform that maneuver.

I'll post when I get home.