Author Topic: Well.....  (Read 1645 times)

Offline MrSemitone

Well.....
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
Just a short heyhihello from my side!
I'm 23 years old live in Austria yadayadayada... when i yesterday discovered an alive animorphs forum :-) AWESOME! You have to know i grew up with the animorphs and, well, last week i started to reread all of my books and honestly, for books that are i dont know how many years old and actually for an younger audience(or is it?! ;-)) it still holds up very very well. Combine this with my memories from back then and BAM... the awesomeness increases many many points  :o
So consider me as an member, i will try my best, because you guys are great.
Benjamin
Banana pancakes forever!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Well.....
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you! ^_^

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 09:42:05 AM »
<Welcome!  I'm DinosaurNothlit, so named because I got stuck in morph as an Ankylosaur/Tyrannosaur mixed morph.  Long story there.>

<Anyway, it sounds like you'll like it here!  You aren't the only one who thinks the books are awesome.  Obviously, I mean, this is an Animorphs forum and all, so I guess you probably knew that.>

<By the way, stick around for the talking seal to come steal your sanity.  You don't want that stuff hanging around, trust me.>

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »
Haha, your post is jumping with energy. I'm Ash, welcome to the forum! I know you'll fit in here just perfect.

Nice teeth.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »
Suddenly, a large dark-brown bear enters the room. He appears gentle, and is curious about the newcomer. <Hello! I am Bear. Are you new here? Let me show you around!>

<This is the 'RAF Social' Board. We really get to know each other here. You've already introduced yourself, and you can also have your own Member Profile here, too!> The Bear lumbers back through the doorway, leading Benjamin into a hallway. There are many, many doors here.

<This door is the way to the 'RAF Projects' Board. Lots of RAFians work together on all kinds of cool stuff, like producing Animorphs audio-books and  "RAF: The Animated Series"! It's a really good show....> Bear moves over to another large door.

<Here is the 'Bored Board'. We play games and love to waste our time here! It's a lot of crazy fun. You should join us here!> Bear continues down the hall, speaking as he goes.

<These three doors are for the Animorphs Section. We discuss the books, TV show, and anything about the series in the 'Animorphs Forum'. The 'Animorphs Role Playing' Board is exciting! RAF always has active RPG's, and lots of cool players. I hope you like to Role-play as much as I do....> Bear's short tail wagged. <And we have some talented writers who share their 'Animorphs Fan Fiction & Art' in here. I like that room.> Across the hall, there is another set of three doors, side by side.

<That is the 'General Board'. We can talk about anything there... the weather, funny quotes, or anything you like! We also play all kinds of non-Animorphs RPG's in there, and we have way more neat stories and artwork in that last door.>

<Oh yeah! And there's the 'Media Area', where we talk about movies, TV, the news.... And we talk about 'Other Books' in that room!>

Bear sits on his haunches and looks at Ben. <It's a big place, but it's so much fun here! We're glad that you came. Tell us a few things about yourself here, and what species you are here.>

Bear begins to walk farther down the hallway, which opens into a thick green forest. He looks over his shoulder and says, <You'll see me around. Welcome to RAF!>

Well Howdy! I'm Bear, in case ya didn't guess. It's always nice to see a new face here, and hopefully, you'll stick around for a while. And yeah, ain't it crazy that there are *still* people obsessed with Animorphs? This is coming from the guy with the oatmeal addiction, by the way... :P

Oh, and sorry for the obscenely long intro post there. It's... kinda part of a little contest going on. ;D Check out the links if ya like, or just have fun cruisin' the boards as it is. I'll see ya around. Welcome aboard!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
Welcome to RAF! I'm Dark Master(A play on Dark Matter), and I'm a Tenebrate(Dark Matter/Dark Energy) Manipulator. Don't worry, there's plenty of WEIRDER people on RAF! ;)

Pleased to meet you. ^^
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
Welcome to RAF! Look forward to seeing more posts from you! :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline MrSemitone

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
Oh wow, already six welcomes how nice, thx.  8)
As i said I'm pretty freaked out by the size of this whole forum but anyway what i wanted to ask, I couldn't find anything about this insanity level thing, could someone maybe explain to me what this is? Also the Karma is i guess some kind of rewarding thingi in my mind but how can I karma some other beeing and how often am I able to do this?
Humpdidumptidoooo btw thanks for the answers.

Willy Wonka: "So much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it."
Banana pancakes forever!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »
<First off, don't be intimidated by our size!  Everyone here is very friendly, and we welcome new members with open arms.  Anyway, insanity level is based on your posts.  The more posts you make in a given time span, the more the meter rises, but if you go a long time without posting it goes down again.  Heh, it's just kind of a given that the more you post here the more insane you will become.>

<As for Karma, I believe there is a certain minimum number of posts you must write before you can applaud/smite someone.  The options "Applaud" and "Smite" should be right under your Karma score otherwise, and you applaud someone to raise their Karma and smite them to lower it.  You may applaud/smite 24 times per day.>
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:07:47 PM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
Welcome to RAF, I'm Jess. We're glad to have you. :)

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
howzit!

just so you know, i'm not insane like the others here, i'm just plain stupid

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »
Welcome aboard Benjamin! FYI; you can begin to karma people when you've attained 10 posts.

Any other questions, issues, just send me a PM!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »
Welcome to RAF! This place is great and the members are friendly. I'm Gaz, nice to meet you!

People were talking about various projects on the site, I have a few of my own. Every now and then I'll post a sarcastic/silly review of a movie. I've reviewed a few episodes of Beast Wars in my Film & TV thread but I may start a separate thread for that one.

In the Gaz Reads thread I've done a chapter by chapter recap of the Twilight series. The next book I tackle, by request, will be Interview With the Vampire.

See you around the forum!

Offline MrSemitone

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Thank you all again for your nicenesssss BUT ESPECIALLY for tilhtoNruasoniDfor and her karma point, which made my day and therefore she gets a big hug ###*hug*### :) 
Banana pancakes forever!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
D'aww, you're sweet!  :hug:

For the hug and the enthusiasm, you get another karma point!  This is going to turn into a vicious cycle isn't it . . .