Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226730 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2850 on: July 31, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
She looked around...and heard someone say something about Van. She approach another girl, "Hello, my name is Catie. I'm looking for Van, do you know him?"

Hey, Caleb, who's she talking to? The only one I can figure that's said anything about Van recently is Ewa, and she's not in the bar. Ewa, Van and Rathien are all on Van's ship outside.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2851 on: July 31, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
Ya Rukh made a mistake I think. Ewa just said the name van, but I dont think he realized that Ewa is on a ship outside the bar therefore it is impossible that Catie heard her. Rukh when you read this you really should edit.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2852 on: July 31, 2011, 11:44:27 AM »
I...I knew that. Yea, I was just testing you guys... :-]
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2853 on: July 31, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »
Riiiiight suuure you were dude.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2854 on: July 31, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »
I just realized that what Salem's saying to Efaen could totally be seen in the light of him egging her on towards... *ahem* greater watchfulness for Yeerk ploys and *ahemhem* more drastic action against them :P

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2855 on: July 31, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »
Heh, yes. Efaen did not miss that. ::)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2856 on: July 31, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
Oh... *facepaw deluxe* I got confused and thought that Zorish was in a male host. *headdesk* I mean, it's still an awkward scenario, and it was about time he twitched or spazzed or something, but...

Editing...

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2857 on: August 01, 2011, 07:26:38 AM »
Haha, yeah, sorry, pronouns can be confusing.

Actually, Zorish's host is an identical copy of Terenia's human form. Not that Jasper has ever seen Terenia's human form. But if he does he'll have a hard time telling them apart, except for what they're wearing. Or if Efaen morphs human, because her human morph is a morph of Tamora. So theoretically three identicals could be in the same room. o.O

Anyways, Zorish/Tamora looks like the chick in my signature. Except less angry.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2858 on: August 01, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »
Five out of seven characters I've role-played as were male, and all my characters are straight, thus far... Although, Van's simply flexible, so if there's an opportunity or an advantage for flirting, he'll do it, regardless of gender. He hits on women as a preference, however.

I'm going to try to post now. And there's nothing wrong with describing a female character- less pervy, and more, ah, normal male behavior. The way I started describing Ewa's clothing in my earlier post is more borderline pervy, seriously!

It's absolutely fun to portray a character of the opposite gender, by the way. I think I'm better at playing a man than a woman, really. I can be more objective and creative about how they think, I suppose?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:20:19 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2859 on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:32 AM »
I still say it's weird, but that's probably because I'm not exactly used to this kind of Roleplay game. Although it is fun to think that a female that can think like a guy will know exactly what guys like. Pyre are you trying to say that normal male behavior doesn't consist of pervyness?

Also is Al still at the bar? I ask because the slashed up guy is back and he's throwing chairs at big lizards now, and missing badly. :P

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2860 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
We're entering that area where Van's use of questionably honorable honorifics comes into play. Calling Rathien 'Mirwindzhensa-ge' is unquestionably an insult. To keep within the non-personal area, Van calls him 'Mirwind'. This is out of the idea that Rathien is a Lord, and that Van doesn't know him personally. Referring to him by his position alone is much more insulting than using Rathien's personal name, however.

The honorific, 'zhensa-ge' is a modified form of 'zhon' (roughly, 'moron', 'dork'), which when directed at 'you' is 'zhen'. 'Zhensa' means '(you) jerk', and when said to someone with familiarity, '(you) loser'. The suffux,  '-ge' simply adds the notion of hatred, and is used in reference to 'you'. Redundancies in the language are no error, and can be used to imply stronger feelings to the subject.

In short, "Mirwind, you jerk, I hate you". Without his Lordly title as a Hegemon affixed to 'Mirwind', it's saying Van doesn't quite recognize Rathien as a high-rank superior, but rather a 'one rank above' superior, or in the same rank, but not a friend.

He also pretty much dropped his accent, save for the insult. The clue-in is the Van's little grammar improvement.

Bluh. Ok, that's all. And, normal male behavior is plenty pervy, but that certainly wasn't a very perverted description Caleb wrote. Heh.

... I've been doing this RP style for seven years, man! I love role-playing in a forum~
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:27:59 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2861 on: August 01, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »
Just a note: Rathien and Ewa are sitting down.  Well, Ewa's sitting down, Rathien's in more of a crouch, I think, and they're both parallel to the door (not one in front of or behind the other).  Not that it really changes your post, I don't think.  It's just nice when we're all spatially oriented in the same way.  Good to see you again ^_^
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2862 on: August 01, 2011, 12:47:05 PM »
Ok, I thought she had gone into the room for some reason. XD

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2863 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:42 PM »
Following is the SPORE version and the drawing version of Vogefac...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2864 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »
Ok, I thought she had gone into the room for some reason. XD

She did.  And is now sitting on the floor.  Sorry for the confusion >.<
Work is for the weak