Author Topic: Long time Animorphs Fan has joined the flock!  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Hikaru

• Shattered Planes
Long time Animorphs Fan has joined the flock!
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:10 AM »
Yep. I'm Hikaru (online alias,) I've loved Animorphs ever since grade school, like 2nd or 3rd grade. I was an avid reader and read my whole school library, public library, and such. Animorphs to this day is STILL my favorite book series. I wasn't able to buy the books when they were out cause' they were expensive. But everytime I go to Savers or any other thrift store I check the book sections and if there was an Animorphs book it'd be bought right away. I now have all 54 regular books, all 4 megamorphs, all the chronicles (Visser, Ellimist, Andalite, Hork- Bajiir) and the alternamorphs as well as "Meet the stars."

These books made me appreciate more animals than just cats which was originally my favorite animal. I gained a liking for avian raptors ESPECIALLY red-tailed Hawks, and learned so many facts on animals, free will (a lesson I still take in any roleplaying I do) as well as right from wrong. These were the books I grew up with and the book series that will stay with me throughout my whole life. (I'm 20, going on 21 mid August) and STILL love these books.

To this day I still wish it had been continued though as I have so many questions about the clifferhanger ending K.A left us. The only fault of the series in my opinion.

Oh! And my favorite character will always be Tobias with Jake and Ax as a close second and third! ;D

Oh also, I found this site through Facebook ad, so keep it up fellow fans!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:12:35 AM by Hikaru »

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
Re: Long time Animorphs Fan has joined the flock!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
=D through a facebook add? REALLY? X3 how wonderfully marvelous!

^^ Please allow me be incredibly happy to be the first to welcome you here to- *Fanfare* RAF!
=3 Much more is done here besides discuss animorphs, and there are several projects currently going off though I probably don't know more than a sixth of them.. ^^;

Soon you will be either attacked by a Bear or Rad, who will instruct you much more propperly on these matters as to what amazing things you can become a part of here on the site- And I DO know that we now have a yeerk magazine page.
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=8173.0

^^ Also- YOU ROLEPLAY? X3 Brilliant! I'll most definitely keep my eyes out for you around the roleplaying board of the forum! I'm a pretty avid writer myself, so excelent!
To put up a profile of your character, you may do so here: http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?board=30.0
Here's the RolePlaying board spesific to (mostly) animorphs only: http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?board=6.0
The RolePlaying board for just interesting RPs in general: http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?board=23.0
And if you aren't sure which RP to do yet but you love fighting? (without godmodding  ;) )
Anyone's welcome in either the Free For All: http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=7974.0
and The Galaxy Edge Space Bar (more story-and-animorph-oriented): http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=6830.0

Remember- Before jumping onto a complicated/ long roleplay, please ask permission in the matching OOC thread found somewhere on the same board. (If you need any help at all, PMing mods or prettymuch anyone else is much welcome!)

=3 Have a great time here on RAF. ^^
(x3 i think I just found what I can welcome peoples to. XDD )

EDIT: Killer avi. X3 you make it yourself, or snag it? =P Also, methinks you have a certian aptitude for wizardry. Hmmmmmn.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:34:03 AM by Gilda (Saph) »

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Hikaru

• Shattered Planes
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »
I'll definitely look at the roleplay forums. I help admin a forum-wide RP as well. I would put it in my sig but I dunno if those type ads are allowed or not yet, need to read the rules. But, I will definitely look around the RP forums and fanfics. This may actually cause me to rewrite an older fanfic I once wrote for the series... just less mary-sue-ish.

As for the avie, it's my gaiaonline avie.

Wizardry? Magic ftw! Mages, sages, fantasy, and all out magic! But I like scifi too.. I like any fiction. Just no nonfiction.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:42:01 AM by Hikaru »

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
I'll definitely look at the roleplay forums. I help admin a forum-wide RP as well.

Really? ^^ Other-site admins/mods are always fun to hang around. Know the rules without bein' sticks in the mud and they're fun. X3 hahaha, coolbeans!
I would put it in my sig but I dunno if those type ads are allowed or not yet, need to read the rules. But, I will definitely look around the RP forums and fanfics. This may actually cause me to rewrite an older fanfic I once wrote for the series... just less mary-sue-ish.

=3 Excelent! We loves fanfics around here, so give'em a whirl! We'll read and (sometimes) provide crit. ^^
As for the avie, it's my gaiaonline avie.

Wizardry? Magic ftw! Mages, sages, fantasy, and all out magic! But I like scifi too.. I like any fiction. Just no nonfiction.
X3 sounds like my kinda' tastes. ^^ Despise nonfiction. Dreadful stuff. =P XD I'm so English today.

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Mewmorpher

• A Real Gem!
    • Dragon Cave Resort
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
Hi! Just stoping in to say welcome!
Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!! RAFcousins with Mythgirl. Wish you were here, Myth.

Offline aligator359

• Animorphs rule! :D
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Meet the stars?   :huh: I've never heard of that one. Is it an Alternamorph?Or a Chronicle? I've read these since the 2nd grade and im in the 9th now, and i've never heard of it. Write back if u can. :)
&peace :D

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
Meet the Stars was the book they came out with about the actors in the TV show.

Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
A personal welcome from steph. Nice. Its good to have another member on.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
<Welcome to the forum, Hikaru.  I'm DinosaurNothlit, also known as DN or Dino.  Long story short, I mixed Ankylosaur and Tyrannosaur DNA in a frolis maneuver and got stuck that way.  You sound awesome, by the way!  I'm sure you'll like it here!>

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »
Welcome to RAF! I'm Jess, we're glad to have you! :)

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »
ahoi and welcome and aloha

(you really should just ignore me since i never have anything new to say compared to the others)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
Hikaru! Hi ^_^ Sorry I'm a little late on getting here, but in any case, welcome to RAF! I'm Aluminator, or Scott.

That enthusiasm you described for the series is shared by many of us here. I know Animorphs has remained one of my favorite book series throughout the years. You're in good company on that one ^_^ Check out the Animorphs board for some great discussions- seriously, there's stuff in there relating to the series that would never have crossed your mind otherwise.

And as long as you're here, my best advice is to just spend some time exploring RAF. In addition to the Animorphs board, we have a ton of other stuff to see and talk about, so something's bound to catch your interest. And, as I'm sure you're already noticing, the community around here is fantastic (must have something to do with the fact that Animorphs fans rock ;)).

Glad to have you here, Hikaru. It looks like you'll fit right in ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

NateSean

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »
I saw that ad too.

Welcome aboard.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
Heya, Hikaru, welcome to RAF! I'm Marie, pleased to meet you. If you join the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar role play, I'll see you there! :D
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 04:56:06 AM »
wHELLcome, Hikaru!
I'm Vis... I'm Dameg, another RAFian. Come with me, please, I have something to show you. It's here, after this door *Open a heavy door* We call them the RAFprojects. *Lead Hikaru to a long and dark hallway, with many doors, some in the dark, some with light coming from the other side. Arrive near the first door* Here at your left...

- RAFipedia: http://rafipedia.wetpaint.com/, an encyclopedia headed up by Estelore, our star (a true star, who make light and burn in space... but she has a body to come on Earth);

Next it's...

- the Audiobooks project: The Animorphs Audiobook Project, a full-cast audio version of Animorphs who need more "actors" and voices, headed by Kit Cloudkicker (Jess), MrGuy, Morfowt, and Wildweathel;

Facing it...

- the Graphic Novel project: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel, a Webcomic headed by Gafrash.

You also have...

- the Smiley project: smiley suggestions/projects, we make Animated gifs, smileys about Animorphs (Andalites, Hork-Bajirs...);

here and facing it is...

- the Translation project: Translations of Applegate's books, a recently started project/mutual support group for translations into other languages; currently only in French (Tocade, Anidragon and myself), Chinese (Morfowt), Indonesian (Nat), Swedish (Mira and Zana), Italian (Alan Fangor), and Esperanto (Wildweathel); we translate only the volumes never edited in our countries/languages, to make the ebooks;

Next door is for the special project:

- RAF The Animated Series: RAF: The Animated Series: the adventures of the RAFians;

At the end it's for the little projects:

- the RAFparody Animation Project: RAFparody Animation Project;

- the Project Planet: Project Planet to make the planets we hear about in Animorphs;

- the paper-RPG project: a role-playing game (on table, with paper, pen and dices...) about the World of Animorphs; I head this project, and it'll be write in French at the beginning, but we need help to find, class and write everything we know about the species, the planets, the powers we see in Animorphs, fix them, see what we keep and what we can't keep (because of the KASU, not clear, exception for the main characters/books, etc.), complete the knowledges about species/planets we know and even create new species/planets...; this project will be on my own website, so if you wanna join, ask me the link ^^;

- the RPG project: Animorphs: the RPG to make a video game about Animorphs, with RPGmaker;

- the Command-line game project: Animorphs Command-line game for another kind of video game about Animorphs;

- the Animorph's Body Count: The Animorph's Body Count where we count all the people killed by the Animorphs;

- the RAFkaraoke: Animorphs the Musical (RAFkaraoke) and RAFize Songs, where we make songs (and sing them?)...

- the One RAFian On Volume project: One RAFian, one volume of Animorphs where everybody take a picture of him/herself with a volume of Animorphs... <= We need a lot of RAFians to participate! You only need a volume of Animorphs (rented if you don't have any) & a camera/webcam

and some other projects who come and go. Please check the list: List of RAFprojects

*Standing in front of Hikaru* I hope you enjoyed your visit. Oh, and I also invite you to add your species on this list: What is your species? 'coz everybody isn't Human here. And we like to know who is what... For example, as you'll probably see, I'm a Controller. ... and if you want, you can add your age too: Age... and say where do you live here: RAF World Map so Marie can add you on the RAFworld Map!
We also opened a RAF school to teach to each others our languages and other stuffs.

Now I have to go, I don't invite you for the meal, sorry. *Beginning to go down dark stairs. Hikaru can hear a cry coming from the cave.*
Have fun!
*Dameg disappears into the darkness, Hikaru is now alone in the hallway*
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum