Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197928 times)

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2310 on: October 02, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »
She cooed to herself when he brought up morals, for the men she knew really had very few. It did cheer her up some to hear him so confident that he wouldn't be like the other men in her life. Though she grew bleak again once he brought up love. That was one thing she was raised to never believe in, not for her.

"The men in my life truly know no morals, that is true, but they will never know love because of my voice. This is true too. So do not worry about falling in love with me, for that shall never happen." Her voice sounded of the dying bird's song once more as she dropped her gaze to the ripples in the water beneath her.

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2311 on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
<Maybe you will find someone. You just need an opportunity.> Claxter said. <Maybe you could learn sign language and date a deaf person. Or maybe...well...that might be a bit controversial. Anyway, you may just get some opportunity now that you're away from the people who have opressed you your entire life.>

<By the way, do you have any family? Parents? Siblings?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #2312 on: October 02, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »
Candice nodded and flew gracefully over Claxter, back to shore and landed there with a soft landing. She sat down and looked over the lake, just enjoying the view of it now before she spoke.

"A mother and a father, but neither do I see much anymore. No siblings though, cousins, but they deny my very existence." She pauses for a moment and finds a pebble among the grainy sand and rocks and tosses it into the water, avoiding any obstacles out there. "My mother bore me and raised me until I was 6. At age 6 I started to be 'rude' and 'didn't know my place'. That was her last straw, and she left me in a temple to anyone who would take me or do with me as they pleased. My father was only a part of my life until I was 2, then the Harpies found out he had a child with Siren and they forbid him to see me again." She turned cold blank eyes on Claxter with a hollow wind of a voice.

"I don't have a family. Just those who bore me or took me under their hole ridden wings."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2313 on: October 02, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
In response to Rathien, Salem laughed, in spite of himself. "Have your fun, then, hunter, but at this rate I'm going to have to put bells on you." He shot a glance at Al- the android was obviously not enjoying this situation, but at least he seemed to have gone from being on the defensive to simply observing.

Salem listened to Mar's talk of twisting his words to benefit himself with some discomfort. Surely that's not what the being had just done, right? Their current deal seemed... well, almost too good to be true, on his end. Perhaps he should have been more wary...

He shook his head. What's done is done. He smirked at Mar, "Highest, there's a certain value in... limiting the information that's available about oneself, especially when some of that information could get me killed. This one," he nodded towards Rathien, "obviously knows far too much about me. Trust me, he might claim the money doesn't mean much to him, but when he has a say, he still asks far more than he's worth."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2314 on: October 03, 2011, 08:59:23 AM »
<<Because we're trying to help you, and we don't even rightly know you,>> Corliss says obstinately.  <<Isn't it conceivable that we're just lovely people?>>  The wry amusement in his tone indicates he'd be smiling if he could.

"Nice try," Mike laughs, looking down into his beer.  "I don't talk much about Corliss, or myself for that matter.  That whole, 'I'm a criminal and you're working for the government' thing doesn't exactly help, either.  Suffice it to say we've been friends for a very long time, him and me."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2315 on: October 03, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
<I am sorry to hear that. I have been separated from my family, but only because of the war.> Claxter said. <Life is seldom easy for half breeds, but you are still a person and should be treated as such. Perhaps with your new independence, you will be able to start a new family.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #2316 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »
Before Candice even processed a solid thought, she shot rage filled eyes toward Claxter.

"No." She said firmly and flatly, voice like waves crashing around you about to draw you under. Her quit temper screamed underlying emotions toward what Claxter had said. The reason she fled her home was because the man who ran the temple had arranged a marriage for her. She had sworn herself to stay pure her entire life, and starting a family was the farthest thing from that. She never wished to be tainted by a male.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2317 on: October 03, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
<You knew me enough to kiss me,> Terenia points out, then immediately wishes that she hadn't. She is for once glad for their sightless slug bodies. If she had been human her blush would have been unavoidable. She swishes her palps awkwardly, and gives the thought-speak equivalent of clearing her throat. <Lovely people are hard to come by these days,> she says quietly. <But I suppose you haven't tried to off me yet, so that's definitely a start.>

"You're no fun," Zorish sighs, leaning back with a disgruntled expression. "How about this: how'd you find this place?" He sips the scotch discontentedly. Whereas Corliss had been infuriatingly quick to anger, his host is even more infuriating, and in a completely different way. His tight lips make her own twist into a frustrated sneer of disapproval.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:02:55 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2318 on: October 04, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
((...sorry...))

Catie smiled as the Reptilinod lumbered over, "Yes, we've met. Only briefly. I tried to help you. You looked injured, but some weird glowing happened."

Vogefac cut the Alliance girl off, "Yes. Well, I might as well introduce myself. I am Vogefac.", he bows his head to Catie and Ewa, "Forgive the intrusion."

He sits down right next to Ewa an orders a Rev'maak ale.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2319 on: October 04, 2011, 08:53:54 AM »
<Um, ok.> Claxter said. He returned to shore in awkward silence, feeling he should change the subject but unsure what to change it to. <I try not to plan too far into the future because there could always come a day when my life is cut short. Such is the problem with war. Hopefully you'll never know the kind of enslavement that controllers know.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #2320 on: October 04, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
Candice looks away from him with great effort to the lake and father to the forest. She tries to breathe and calm herself, not being able to afford anger. She nods as he speaks knowing it all to be true. Her expression softened with mild confusion and spoke gentler than before, but still a cutting edge.

"What is a controller?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2321 on: October 04, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »
<A controller is someone with a Yeerk in their head. A Yeerk is a parasite that controls a host through their brain. You are still aware, and can think, but you have no control over your own body. The Yeerk has access to your memories, and all of your most guarded secrets. It is the Yeerks that we are at war with, though not all Yeerks are enemies. Some hosts are voluntary for complicated reasons that differ between them, and some Yeerks oppose the government that we fight. Those Yeerk rebels that only take voluntary hosts can usually be trusted to a certain extent.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2322 on: October 05, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »
Corliss laughs.  <No, you're right, I haven't tried to off you, yet,> he says, amused.  <Then again, you haven't done the same to me.  Does that mean we're in a relationship?>

Mike shrugs.  "Reckon we first heard about this through one of Corliss' brothers," he says casually.  "Years ago, really.  Although this is the sort of place that tends to find you whether you're searching for it or not."  He peers over at Zorish's familiar face.  "How about you, Sub-Visser?  Do you often receive strange messages telling you to seek out the place where you died?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2323 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
<In a - a what!?> Terenia cries, aghast. Her experience with relationships amount to giving herself and her sister a cootie shot in the third grade. She can still remember the little rhyme that went along with the hand motions. Circle circle, dot dot. Now I have my cootie shot. Since leaving Earth the last thing on her mind has been boys, despite the fact that she was, in human years, past her adolescence. At the point when it would have been considered normal for her, as an Andalite, to start noticing males she was far too concerned with proving herself in the military.

Besides, Corliss wasn't a boy. He wasn't...anything, really. Yeerks were genderless. But Mike is, a small voice reminds her, a voice that she tries to shove aside hastily.

<Do you always consider yourself to be in a relationship with people you aren't trying to actively kill?> she asks suspiciously.

"Oh yes," Zorish says sarcastically, smiling easily. "Just another typical day in the Empire." He finishes off his drink, surprised to find that he's reached the end so quickly. Setting the tumbler down he shrugs. "Typically I might dismiss such a ridiculous transmission, but there was a seriousness to it that seemed...important. Besides, I was bored. Do you have any idea how tedious categorizing human cultural movements can become?" He wrinkles Tamora's nose in irritation at the thought. "So many rituals and customs, across so many different peoples. It's absurd. The slightest differences in skin pigmentation or geographical origin and there's an entire new list of superstition and ritual to document." He is vaguely aware that he is being more chatty than normal.

<<Oh please, you love your work,>> Tamora says, giggling a little inside their shared mind. <<Keeps you out of trouble and keeps you feeling important. Isn't that what all Yeerks want?>>

<<You are intoxicated,>> Zorish sneers, feeling a little lightheaded himself.

<<Then so're you,>> Tamora responds with another giggle.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:18:14 AM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2324 on: October 05, 2011, 12:42:29 PM »
Silver slowly walked with Parkers help towards the lake. It was straining on her but she thought she was a burden all ready, so she didn't want to be anymore trouble. She loved the fresh air around her, it helped her think, though not much. She moved slowly using him to support herself. She had missed him so....had thought him gone from her forever. "Nothing more than my usual weakness" she said trying to smile for him.

Jade laid her head on his shoulder a soft look on her face. "I thank you but I'm not sure if there is anything either of us can do...." She said sadly.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:34:31 PM by Midnight_Huntress »
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker