Author Topic: After ELEVEN YEARS...  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Bealocwealm

After ELEVEN YEARS...
« on: November 25, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »
So I think I read my last Animorphs book when I was... nine or so. Possibly younger. Then this summer, I reread, and read, the entire series (I hadn't gotten further than the David saga, though I'd read a few ones ahead of it.)

Then this summer, for some reason I read *every single one*, counting the Chronicles and Megamorphs. Was stunned to find they actually totally hold up (except for a few not-so-good books, which still aren't HORRIBLE.)

I got back into it so hard, I'm now working on an andalite costume for Starfest. :3

Also: The reason I got back into Animorphs was because I realized it gave me a phobia (which is affecting me and causing occasional problems to this day.)

Have fun guessing what the phobia is. =D Hint: It's in several of the Animorphs books, but not nearly all of them.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: After ELEVEN YEARS...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »
Ants! Rhinos! Oh just tell me already. I suck at guessing games!

Anyway, I'm Jess. Welcome to RAF! We're glad to have you. I think many of us are surprised by the way the series holds up when we re-read. :)

Offline Darth Poseidon

• It's time to play the Game. -Motorhead
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
Haller!! You have a phobia? Bugs or dark places? Possibly you're claustrophobic? I'm gonna guess you're scared of bugs. Anyways welcome to the Royal Air Force...I mean RAF. ((Wait. That's the same thing. >_<)) Anyways I'm Darth Poseidon. Call me Joel.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:10:42 PM »
The fact that so many of us love the series even after all these years is one of the things that makes it so awesome. Always nice to meet another returning fan, welcome to RAF. :)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
<Hello, Bealoc!  I'm DinosaurNothlit, feel free to call me DN or Dino.  Welcome to RAF!

Lol, I know how you feel.  I read Animorphs when I was really little and didn't think about them again for years, until I randomly stumbled upon a picture of Erek on DeviantArt one day and BAM, I was completely and totally hooked again.

And I would try to guess your phobia, but I think others have already guessed most of what I would have guessed anyway.  Bugs and claustrophobia were the main ones in Animorphs, besides Tobias's fear of water.  I don't suppose you're afraid of water, are you?>

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. It's nice to meet you!

Hmm... phobias, phobias... bugs? Spiders? Water? Claustrophobia? Time travel? That last one wasn't a real guess. XD

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »

Welcome to the august halls of RAF, new member. Like a Sith apprentice, you will require training and great endurance to join the elite ranks of the Sith Lords. I am Darth Zakryn, but you may call me your Lord. A simple "Lord Zakryn" will also suffice. ;D

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:32:33 AM »
So I think I read my last Animorphs book when I was... nine or so. Possibly younger. Then this summer, I reread, and read, the entire series (I hadn't gotten further than the David saga, though I'd read a few ones ahead of it.)

Then this summer, for some reason I read *every single one*, counting the Chronicles and Megamorphs. Was stunned to find they actually totally hold up (except for a few not-so-good books, which still aren't HORRIBLE.)

I got back into it so hard, I'm now working on an andalite costume for Starfest. :3

Also: The reason I got back into Animorphs was because I realized it gave me a phobia (which is affecting me and causing occasional problems to this day.)

Have fun guessing what the phobia is. =D Hint: It's in several of the Animorphs books, but not nearly all of them.

Welcome to the forum, Bealocwealm! You reminded me of... well, me.. since I refused to read the last book for a couple of years. I already knew most of what would happen in it but I just couldn't bring myself to 'end it'. I did, of course, end up reading it after all, almost 7 years after I started the series. Finally at peace :P
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Offline Bealocwealm

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
Nobody's guessed right, though a few have come closeish, on the phobia Animorphs gave me.

Although this is giving it away (I think!) it's featured in, to name off the top of my head, #4, #15, Megamorphs 4, and I'm pretty sure several others but for some reason I can't think of them.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
[spoiler=Spoilered so as other people still get to guess]Sharks?[/spoiler]

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »
Haha I read the Animorphs series in 2nd grade at the monthly book shop. I didn't think anything of them again until I drew an alien of my own once that reminded me of a Hork-Bajir and a light bulb went off in my head...I WANT TO READ THE ANIMORPHS! :D

Lol welcome to RAF. I'm a gigantic bird. Except for the times when I'm a human. Except for the times when I'm an inanimate object. Except for the times when I'm just a pile of goop. ^^ but between u and me...*shifty eyes* there's weirder people here. :)

Can't wait to see you around the forum!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:50:16 PM by RAFrukh »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Bealocwealm

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
Good job, DinosaurNothlit! ^ ^ Yeah it's weird to me that I got a phobia of sharks from Animorphs, because -- I live in Colorado. I'd never seen a shark except in photos and TV, at the time I read Animorphs. But in like second or third grade, suddenly I couldn't look at pictures of sharks, or movie clips (including the cover of Animorphs #15, wtf!) without having at least a minor freakout. Even weirder, it's not like it's focused on hammerheads or tiger sharks, the two species in the books; blue sharks, megalodon, and cookie cutters are the worst. (I'm presuming Greenland sharks are awful to look at too, since they're related to cookie cutter sharks, but I've been too scared to google one.)

The moral of the story, I guess, is "you probably shouldn't read extremely terrifying books at the age where people develop phobias".

Yeah I started reading these when I was like SIX D: This is one reason I was so surprised the books completely held up as an adult.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 09:58:27 PM »

I was never afraid of sharks, mostly because I don't live near large bodies of water, except for our lake, which connects to the Mississippi, and bull sharks do sometimes frequent fresh water rivers, so I was always on guard at the lake. Luckily, I never swam there. :P My phobias are spiders and heights.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Welcome, fellow Coloradoan!  Well, I'm a transplant.  :P

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash