Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 227948 times)

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2700 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
Brain... Slowly recovering... From being fried.

Ahem, I think the most hilarious part here is the fact that Van is always surprising me at every turn. Ah, how I love the feeling of character development! Just when I thought he'd be an easy character to write for, he just had to turn around and bite me in the butt.

I think all my characters do that on some level, but Van's worse because he isn't a character I specifically made up for this RP. He already has a long history. He already has a story. But he was in need of more development, and now look where it's going. Wow!

I'm actually really honored to be working this out with Rathien... If only because you're a darn phenomenal writer, Luke! It's details like this, nuances and information that really add to my experience, here. Man, oh man. Especially with a character as awesome as Rathien. *licks lips* Mmmmhm~ Heheh!

Also, regarding characters... Believe me, I've had my dry moments with Van, because I don't always post too often. So I sent him on a piano hunt. Don't be afraid to just let your characters do whatever they want to do. Even if it's a slow moment, this Bar is just bizarre enough to even let someone playing solo to find something to do. Other characters might just get caught up into it!

Like for now, the rest of my tablemates are being crowded out by Rathien's sudden appearance. I mean, seriously. We've got a cowboy, dude in a tuxedo, and a scary-looking but truly helpful diplomat over here! Give them something to do, perhaps?

That, or, I dunno. You could go get eaten by a chair....
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:11:10 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2701 on: July 17, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »
lol Well thank you Pyre, I try.  I think I've come up with a way to make things work between the history I had in mind for Rathien as well as validating Van's assertions.  We'll see how it all plays out...  :)  I think it makes sense.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2702 on: July 17, 2011, 11:01:23 PM »
FYI the portal near the forest didnt get closed so be very careful. It basically leads to the hell level of the Diablo battle from Diablo 2. Diablo is dead so who knows you might find lots of treasure ;).

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2703 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:15 AM »
Okay, I feel like such a n00b here, but...

What's goin' on at the table I left Jasper and Sapttus at? I'm sorry, but... I'm so lost after being away from the bar for a few days. College and Houston made me a little.... distracted. :P

Salem? Someone? Help me? Pwease? :pwease:

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2704 on: July 18, 2011, 01:52:52 AM »
Haha... okay, no worries, I've got you covered Bear ^_^

I'll just skim post by post since you last posted- it's only been a few pages, actually, but there's been a fair amount of text crammed in there. Ogreon clarified that he was worried about the cyborg Andalite having injected anyone. Ewa, getting fairly tipsy, suggested that Jasper might be one of the 'human guerrilla fighters' from Earth, and ordered nachos on Salem's tab, which she's offered to share with the table at large. Rathien came over and sat down, being generally intimidating, and a bit of a flirt with Ewa. Since then, Al has been conspicuously quiet- given short, if friendly, answers, to Rathien's questions, and hasn't yet given his name. Ewa and Rathien got momentarily flirty, and Van got nasty and yelled at Rathien to back off. The majority of the conversation since has been Ewa, Van and Rathien innuendo-ing back and forth- Rathien suggested that maybe Van was jealous and wanted to be the object of Rathien's attention instead, Ewa basically refused to share, Rathien has continued to flirt with her. As has Van, actually. He also gave his long real name, and the translation of that as "wind wolf." At some point, Chad's character, Jocun, walked up and asked something, but he left before anybody said anything to him. Van realized he knew some of Rathien's language, given in his true name, and used a Beryllian translation. This led Rathien to realize that Van is Beryllian, a race he apparently knows. Van asked if Rathien was a lord of the Hegemony, speaking a language that Jasper wouldn't understand, and Rathien has since responded, essentially saying that, technically, he is, since he killed the last person in that position and was offered the job (that's his most recent post). He should be pretty obviously a hunter after that one :P

Also, not at our table, but Shawn's very injured new character just burst through the door, called for a healer, and collapsed.

Hopefully I'm giving you enough to go on here. If not, or if you need details or whatever, PM me or skim back ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2705 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:26 AM »
Thanks Al, you're a lifesaver. :D

Now... prepare yourselves for a horrible incoherent post. :P

(due to out-of-the-loopness, not oatmeal deprivation, lol)

Edit: Wow... so totally not my best post, but... eh, it should work for now. :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:36:18 AM by Bear »

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2706 on: July 18, 2011, 07:01:30 AM »
Hey, everyone, I'm posting from my phone! Let's just see how that goes, lol. Ok, so I'm supposed to be at work (I'm in the office, durrhurrhurr), but I kinda want to post. So... Yeah.

Let's check this out~

Edit: Well, for posting from a phone, I can say I did a pretty darn good job! Expect shorter posts, now that I got that back-breakingly long exposition out of the way.... Ah yes....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:41:18 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2707 on: July 18, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »
I hereby retroactively name our table The Table of Characters Whose Authors Enjoy Writing Really Long Posts.

Haha

It all feels like very good development though--very much a story ^_^

And that's an excellent summary, Scott.  Oh, we are silly ^_^
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2708 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
Actually, really long posts are kind of a habit of mine... It developed thanks to RPs I have participated in that required at least three sentences (preferably a paragraph) per post. We were all really serious writers.

So, thanks to all that nonsense, I suffer from chronically long posts. You could say it's a guilty pleasure, hehe. ^^;

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2709 on: July 18, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
Wow guys, sorry about that... :-\ School...yes, I'm STILL doing school.

Ok, so who's injured?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2710 on: July 18, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
I am. My external injuries have been closed but I still have internal injuries. FYI my Reln char. left and this is my Druid char. Also there is a blue portal near the forest (Town Portal for you Diablo 2 fans) that basically leads to hell and has a lot of dead demons and probably lots of treasure, both gold and items. For Diablo 2 fans it leads to the Chaos Sanctuary and Diablos already dead.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2711 on: July 18, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
Ema U-atie, Ogreon's ship is in orbit nowhere near the forest. :)

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2712 on: July 18, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
Somewhere, somehow, Lumy's summary forgot the elephant. I JUST REMEMBERED THERE WAS AN ELEPHANT.

...... Pachyderm. Yes. Also, Luke, Shenmue might pop up and toss more Beryllian-related stuff at you. It might get... fun. Or head-achey. Depends on how you react to that sorta thing. Darn, do I love myself some complex politics! It's just too fun~ Social schemes, AWAY!

EDIT: People, seriously, your musical names game is seriously confusing. Although I recognized Shawn after about 3 seconds of mild stupidity. lol

Wuix'soK Nuztu er, Caleb, I swear. You turned into Cthulu.

................... ............ that's not a bad thing, actually. I'm all for respecting our Elder Gods. XDXDXDXD
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:40:06 PM by pyrebird »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2713 on: July 19, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »
...if I knew what that meant I'm sure I'd know what that meant. *nodnod* But as it is, I do NOT know what that meant, so I don't.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2714 on: July 20, 2011, 07:04:42 AM »
Your new name just makes me think of H.P. Lovecraft and the Cthulu mythos, that's all. Hehe.

Anyways, I have more stuff relating to Van and his language, and the difference of dialects. If you want more head-melting explanations like that for Rathien, feel free to ask, Luke.

Van is not trying to drag Ewa off to keep Rathien away! Really! I'm honest! Although, the Hunter might just follow them, if she accepts. Guess that means Al gets to dodge a bullet.

EDIT: Any time I am posting between about 7:00 AM-4:00 PM on weekdays, is a post made from my smartphone. I'm at work during those hours. I'll do this when I have nothing to do, so don't think I'm slacking too much! Also, those times are EST, or UST-5.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:16:36 AM by pyrebird »