Author Topic: The one who banished crayak.  (Read 5898 times)

Offline wolfev

Re: The one who banished crayak.
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 06:29:20 PM »
Isn't The One at the end of the Series suppose to be The One that banished Crayak? I think K.A. Applegate said she'd leave this one open to Fan Fiction. Its like her gift to all of us. Of course, there really is no canon to work with here so the only thing to work with, if we are going with the religious thing is tradition. Basically whichever theory surfaces the most and repeats the most in fan fiction is the correct one. Oh and remember, if it isn't in the book, then it isn't true, so technically that means K.A. Applegate, and no offense to her, can't say anything about Fan fiction being incorrect or correct. Its all up to the democracy of faith and reading everybody, so rejoice in your power to choose who the hell The One is.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »
That is possible, but don't you think the One has something to do with "The Five"? You know, the race Ax said existed before Andalites had Z-space technology? The One probably assimilated every other Five and became the One (??).
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »
Whoa! Never occurred to me before. That would be yet another great idea for a fanfic, right there.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »
Well, the idea isn't credited to me.... I heard it somewhere, but can't remember where... (no, the Ellimist did not put thoughts in my head).  ???
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 05:16:18 AM »
Well, the idea isn't credited to me.... I heard it somewhere, but can't remember where... (no, the Ellimist did not put thoughts in my head).  ???

I think that's me. I mentioned it in RAF classic. strangely, it was just a joke...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 05:19:55 AM by morfowt »

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 06:12:46 AM »
Well, joke or no joke, it pretty much works!  ;D not much is mentioned about "The Five" after book 25 or 26 (the one with the polar bear, I can't remember the number) so... maybe.... that's pretty much it. The Five were pretty insane by Ax's desciption too... melting that alien race....

Offline sundi

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 01:52:18 PM »
What do we know about the fives?

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
Nono. It's just 'The Five'. No one knows anything about them except they're ancient, powerful, disappeared, and harvested the Venber to extinction :P.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 03:57:40 PM »
Well, I don't know about powerful.
They wiped out a race of popsicles
And then got beat down by the Andalites right?

Not all that impressive :P
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
Hey, the Popsicles were powerful too, see how two of those popsicles totally pawned 4 morph capable humans, a morph capable Andalite, and a morph capable Boy-bird-Andalite freak of the universe?  ;D

Anyway, from what i remember, it wasn't the Andalites who annihilated them. By the time Andalites had Z-space tech, the Five just vanished.... the Andalites couldnt find them.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 08:28:41 PM »
yeah. the venber had arms that could bend steel. but it's not that hard to wipe them out. Just get them to somewhere warm and they'll melt.

I always assumed the andalites had something to do with the disappearence of the five
"Yes," Ax agreed. "But if it is any comfort, The Five are no longer in
existence, either. Soon after we encountered them for the first time
they... well, no one knows for certain what happened to The Five. But
Andalites in that era are not the Andalites of today."

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
I STILL say that it was me.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »
I think what Ax was saying was that Andalites back then were a lot more superstitious and were prone to telling amazing stories from their adventures in the uncharted, deep space. Also, years could(and still can)pass between the times they meet far away aliens; a species could be wiped out by the time the Andalites came back-look up the lost Roanoke colony. I think early Andalites starfarers were just like European sailors/explorers of the 15th-18th centuries.

Offline Champion

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »
I find it intresting that a lot of people made a connection to christianity. I myself always thought there was a higher power. look at the ellemist chronicles. when he got sucked into the black hole, something gave him that power. Im pretty sure there was a quote from him too, about thinking he was a pawn in a bigger game.
As for the five...
I thought they were more like gardians.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »
 wow kewl. I didn't think anyone else picked up on that, "The Five". that's one of my favorite things about animorphs. KA drops so many names, but not very much detail and i like imagination. haha.

Anyway, does it ever mention "the Five" in Ellimist? i forget.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?