Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197663 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2670 on: December 03, 2011, 02:15:12 AM »
"There are plenty of humans back at the base, humans without Yeerks, who continue to serve with us of their own volition even though they no longer wish to allow infestation," Corliss says with a shrug.  "It's not as though we want to force them, and most of them don't know a word of anything but English."  He places an encouraging hand on her shoulder and gives it a gentle squeeze.  "You'll be fine, love."

He peers up at the screen full of hovering icons and Yeerkish text, exhaling.  "Right, then.  Let's get to it."  He starts clearing the screen of any signals that are not Andalite or Yeerk in origin.  "Does she have a comm link on her?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2671 on: December 03, 2011, 02:29:52 AM »
Terenia nods, feeling strangely calmed by his hand on her shoulder. She lets her frustration simmer, watching him work.

"Yeah," she says, taking a deep breath. "She still has my holster, although hell if I know if she has my Dracons at this point. She should have my comm link, though. It'll read as Imperial."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2672 on: December 03, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
He nods and clears the screen of the Andalite signals with a couple of taps and a swipe of his hand. 

"Luckily for us the only signals that read as Imperial, besides our own--security reasons of course," he says, glancing at her and back to the screen, "are right here.  We have four choices.  Reckon yours would be the one with a Blade Ship clearance code, yeah?  Maybe, uh, Zorish as well."

Eager to focus on anything but Terenia's twin sister, he hastily highlights the Imperial signal icons and starts opening up the streams of code that run beneath the communications system.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2673 on: December 03, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »
Terenia scowls, not even remotely interested in revisiting her dead sister or his Yeerk. "Yeah, he probably has an Imperial link as well, with the same clearance as mine." She frowns, "Don't call him on accident, alright? I'm sick of the drama around this damned place, and I am done with them. I just want to go -" she almost says 'home', but stops herself, the word seeming wrong, considering that she has yet to set foot on rebellion soil.

"I just want to go," she repeats lamely.

Zorish is about to respond to Mar, but he is distracted by the overly helpful Andalite. He feels his lip curl slightly, but does not pursue the strange man or the Andalite.

<<He has assured us that Myitt will return,>> Zorish says to Tamora, leaning back in the booth, paying little attention to the others around him. <<That is good enough. We will wait.>>

<<Can we wait in the ship?>> Tamora asks. <<My head hurts.>>

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2674 on: December 04, 2011, 01:22:58 AM »
Silver tilted her head slightly at Vogefac as he seem to slightly stumble with his words. That wasn't like him at all. "Are you sure you are all right?" she asked him. "This is my father's ship. Was there something inside you needed? No offense, but I would rather be out here, I have had enough of my fair share of sick bays and ships....." she said with a soft grimace, though the scar pulling the corner of her mouth made it harsher than she had meant.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #2675 on: December 04, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »
Garreth furrows his brow as the Jedi reiterated the condition his Time was in. Just by his speech pattern, Garreth could tell this Jedi had been taken by anger. He was doing a good job of suppressing it; but suppression only causes that anger to grow. His suspicions were confirmed when Raile had lashed out subtly by accusing Garreth of desertion. Garreth steadied his face and spoke plainly, "As I said earlier, I was on my way to Curoscant before I was diverted to this place. I did not leave the galaxy as you did. My path was to inform the counsil that some of our brethren were taken hostage. I did not flee battle, for there was no battle from which to flee. The Jedi Counsil has forbade us from aiding the Republic in battle.

"I do not appreciate such accusatory judgments. These are not the ways of our Order. Your attitude and demeanor are beginning to reflect those of the Sith. You know the path your actions take you; yet it seems as though you would rather bask in your anger and follow that path, rather than exercise your anger and continue on the path of a Jedi. Do you feel you are doing your master a disservice by letting go of that anger and hurt? That to strike down or back at the Sith with all your emotions and power would somehow honor his memory?"

Parker nodded his head to Claxter as he left and took post at the ship's ramp
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2676 on: December 04, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
~Raile~

Raile is actually taken aback.  The other had taken offense at something...  "What accusations did I make?"  He pauses a moment to think things through as he should've before speaking.  "I was referring to myself when I spoke of fleeing battle...that I speak bold words but my actions say otherwise."  Apparently Raile had hit a soft spot though he certainly hadn't meant to.  He truly had meant the comment to be about himself and nothing else.  On some level thought, this Jedi was defensive, perhaps somewhere along the line he felt as though he had fled battle and felt guilty about it.  Raile falls to silence at the mention of anger and disservice to his master.  He feels none of his emotions as they stir.  It was so much easier that way.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:21:50 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2677 on: December 05, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
(Reminder: Julian is like Morgan. Except horse features instead of bull. He's tannish-brown with his black "mane" cut short like a crew cut. He wears sleeveless vest like tunics and pants. No shoes, obviously. He carries both a gun and a sword.)

Instead of another drink, Julian opted for a cup of coffee. After staying up late reading over CG research notes, he was tired. He had just convinced Morgan to take a breather.

Morgan and Gaz were inside, having a talk about old times or something. Either way, Morgan was finally getting back to his old self. Julian decided he would finally go take a look at Morgan's ship, maybe check up on Asda. He'd heard the doc wasn't too bad lookin.

He sipped on his coffee as he strolled across the way to where Morgan's ship was parked. It was a good ship, no doubt about that. Morgan had taken good care of it. As he got closer he saw Silver and someone else. Hard to believe the young woman Silver saw was his godchild. Last he'd seen her she was a tiny little thing.

"Silver," Julian greeted after a sip of coffee.

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #2678 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
Silver heard her name and looked up from talking to Vogefac when she seen, her father's friend, Julien. Her Godfather.... "Hello, Julian. How is my father?" she asked. Last she had seen her father, he had been beside himself, learning that we were never human to begin with. She still wasn't sure what to think about it al then. Why she had memories of the needles and the tests and that horibble lab. She mentally shook herself to rid herself of the memories.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2679 on: December 05, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
"Doing much better," Julian replied, "think he's finally gettin back to his old self. Just had to talk some sense into him. He always was a little bull-headed. No pun intended." Julian paused and chuckled. "I take it back. Maybe I did intend it."

Julian looked at the outside of the ship. "Nice ship Morgan's got. Much better than his old one. Least from the outside."

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #2680 on: December 05, 2011, 10:23:49 PM »
She laughed at his joke. When he turned to admire the ship, she turned and looked. "She's held her own. Sadly, Though a beautiful ship, most of my time was spent in the sick bay. I wish I wasn't in there so much..." she said looking at the ship.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2681 on: December 06, 2011, 12:12:47 AM »
Keshin laughs at Simon's mention of Salem. This guy was oblivious: he had no idea what was going on in this Bar at all. He supposed Salem was his friend, but it was very vague. He knew just from the trader's speech that even though the man had helped him before, it meant absolutely nothing. Salem was like them: one deal and he'd be pointing a Dracon at Joanne's head.

<We shouldn' be doin' this deal, Kess. Messin' with the future screwed us once. We dunno if this guy's even got what we need. Do we really wanna poke our heads in a future where the Yeerks win?>

<That's a future with a lot of deals in it. We need that future, human morality aside.>

Keshin smiles wryly at Salem. "You can come if you want. We're going to go forward with the deal being offered by this Jocun guy."
*****************************************************************************************
Mar follows Claxter, a tolerant but irritated expression on his face. The little Andalite was helping him get to Ossanlin, but he wasn't fond of the idea that the War Prince had a yes man. It was out of character and suggested that his old friend was more fond of strange Bar deals than he thought. Or at least that Andalite culture breeded these idiots like rabbits.

"What are his symptoms?" says Mar, continuing forward. "I cannot make a judgment unless I have some idea of what's wrong."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2682 on: December 06, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »
Illim looks up from picking at the dirt under Derrel's nails and stares off in the direction that Serid had wandered off in a few minutes before.

He sighs and glances back at the Skimmer, but his attention is drawn within at the sound of an exasperated expletive. Illim curiously mounts the ramp, wandering inside the ship. "Everything alright in here?" he asks in his usual, lazy tone.

Serid reaches the Bar's door, hesitating a moment before pushing it open. Truth be told, he's not ready for much but a nap... or better yet, a full night's sleep. Still, there is nothing to do but wait on his new Prince, and he certainly does not want to miss his ride.

Taking a few steps inside the building, he sinks into a chair at an empty table near the door, turning his dark, curly head to survey the room's occupants. An eclectic crowd, as always, it appears.

Elayne inhales sharply as she emerges from sleep and opens her eyes, blinking against the light. The woman sits up slowly from the sunken-in corner booth seat on which she has been napping for an uncertain period of time--although judging by the fact that she doesn't feel refreshed, it hasn't been long enough. Her first instinct is to look around for Mar, but a cursory glance of the room suggests he is elsewhere. Her thoughts turn to her other friend. Trey... she thinks his name, her head swiveling side to side.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2683 on: December 06, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
"Whatdya say we give ourselves the two bit tour?" Julian asked.  "Morgan and Gaz are in there swappin stories or whatnot, far be it from me to interrupt.

Julian was moving up towards the entryway to peek inside.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2684 on: December 06, 2011, 09:03:42 AM »
Terenia scowls at Illim's abrupt intrusion, taking a hasty step away from Corliss to put some space between them. "Everything's fine," she snaps. "What's it to you?"

She folds her arms across her chest, glaring from Illim to the uncooperative scribble on the holoscreen.

Trey is fast asleep, curled up on the bench of one of the booths that is deep in shadow. The dirty bandage on his head is beginning to soak through again, but he is oblivious.