Author Topic: Animorphs Sanctuary  (Read 3209 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Animorphs Sanctuary
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »
So does anyone else remember the Animorphs Sanctuary? It was Scholastic's official Animorphs club; joining provided such privileges as:

• access to a chatroom in which the Animorphs would meet to discuss plans (or transcripts of these chats mailed to those members who were technologically cavemannish -- like me)
  • an Animorphs "A" pendant on a long leather cord (that I wore under my clothes for months, convinced I could use it to buy the Animorphs' trust . . . just as soon as I met them)

I know my chatroom transcripts are somewhere in my house, but I've moved several times since then, so they're probably buried deep in a box that is buried deep in a closet. If anyone can find them before I can, would you kindly post them on RAF? Or are they already here?

Did anyone else join the Sanctuary (I think I saw in an old post that Patty and Kelly did too)? The website is totally defunct now, but here's what remains, thanks to internet archiving: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://scholastic.com/animorphs/sanctuary.htm.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Animorphs Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »
I remember being bummed that I didn't join. XD

Offline anijen21

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:15 PM »
lol yeah I still have the pendant hanging on my wall

I don't remember ANY of that transcript stuff, though.
I go off topic on purpose.

Alic

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »
my pendant is somewhere.. probably in mom's storage. maybe with the rerelase comes the sanctuary? id rejoin. totally.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 01:45:35 PM »
Yeah, I still have the pendant hanging on my bed-post.  I don't know that I kept any of the transcripts, though.  I don't even remember receiving them, actually.

But hell to the yeah, I would rejoin!  Maybe they'll even do more with it this time around.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »
never got to join. >_<
i guess i missed out.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »
Same here. I remember hearing about it, but I was content with just the books. Shame... I'd wear an Animorphs pendant all the time. Even today. As it stands, I walk around most days wearing a Pirates of the Caribbean medallion (one of the coins from the first movie- I prefer to ignore the others).

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »
I wore the pendant under my clothes for approximately forever. Still have it. Man, what if we had actually ran into one another irl with our pendants? haha.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 09:04:26 AM »
Yes, I remember the Animorphs Sanctuary. It was a great club! So of course I couldn't join it (Scholastic made sure that Canadians weren't allowed. Booo.)

Regardless, I was still able to get into the secret area on the official site, which was reserved only for members. The password was never really that hard, and if you couldn't get in, then some of the members would just share theirs. (They used to give out only one password every month for everybody, so eventually fan sites just updated about this everytime it changed :P)

I hate that I missed out on all the newsletters and other good stuff by being a 'real' member, but the best part online was definitely the Sanctuary Screensavers that David B. Mattingly exclusively made for its members (You can download them here, or just watch them as videos here.)

It's too bad they cut the club short after the webcast though. They turned it into a dumb 'virtual time capsule' thing which basically made it a great excuse for them to update once and then leave it alone.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:06:02 AM by Essam 293 »

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
I would join...

I want a pendant... :(
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"