Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334843 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12465 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:12 AM »
Terenia snorts slightly, "Yes, because Efaen's emotional turmoil is really the problem right now. Don't worry about it, Corliss. Right now we need to focus on getting you well." She shoots a glare at Temrash, over her shoulder, "And for the record, bark-eater, I am not in love with anyone. Most people don't fall in love with someone they have only known for a few days at most. This isn't Romeo and Juliet. I care for Corliss, yes. And that in itself is none of your business. It's your fault this happened in the first place."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12466 on: December 13, 2010, 07:59:35 AM »
Kevlin raised his eyebrows, a very human act in a Hork-Bajir body. "You dont love anyone? So Dara didn't see you and Corliss smooching? I wonder how his memory got tampered with."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12467 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:54 AM »
"I was wondering the same," Tora nods to Myitt. "I came here to check up on you and Corliss, and for a Dr. Pepper. It appears I am only leaving with one of you, and no Dr. Pepper. Of course both the drinks and the Cocoa Puffs would be destroyed in the fire," she adds with a slightly awkward sarcastic sigh. Then she peers sideways at Myitt to see if she performed the action correctly.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12468 on: December 13, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »
Myitt shakes her head, laughing. 

"It's all right," she reassures her friend.  "I saved some Dr. Pepper and Cocoa Puffs on my ship, from...whenever that was.  A few days ago."  Tapping the side of her head, she adds, "Great minds, Tora."

---

"Reckon the ice is helping," Corliss croaks, staring up at the rafters.  "Swelling is going down a little.  Still...ugh...why is the room spinning?" 

Gingerly he presses a hand against the wound, crying out.  "No, touching is a bad idea," he whispers, looking down at the blood on his hand, curiously.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12469 on: December 13, 2010, 09:51:46 AM »
"We are examining my innocence." I told John. I was about to say something further when...

"And that is all you need to know human. Leave us now, and we will forgive your intrusion."

John looked to me.

"Admiral...John and myself performed the J'kiira((forget the right word)) ritual soon before you arrived. He is J'kiira enbe to myself."

Kikulon snapped up. Vekk's eyes went wide. Fenebok snarled indignantly.

"Do you mean to tell me...this...weaklin g...is your second bloodbrother?" Admiral Vekk practically yelled.

"Most certainly, sir. He was the one who helped me retrieve my ship after my brother so infuriatingly misappropriated my vessel. He helped me keep my honor, and along with myself allowed my sibling to understand, honor must be earned. Not thieved. He further did this willingly, knowing there was no reward in store. I could not thank him any other way."

Vekk frowned, "Normally...there would be nothing wrong with the fact. Except that...you are a Reptilinod with honor. Honor beyond your years. You have wielded a Drak'ksci blade in battle many times. With no Sol-Claws, or even a laser, you have single-handedly cut off the heads of an army of twenty-seven Wartugo mercenaries. The idea––"

I interrupted Vekk, "The idea, sir, is not so much to disdain when you realize how honorable the Human is himself. John is a warrior. I cannot believe that he himself hasn't fought many a time, and survived to tell the tale. What-is-more, he can control his emotions with great ease, and, by the way, has wonderful aim. We almost took out my brother on the Bridge in 5 seconds, without damaging a single thing."

Vekk stared at me. Probably because he not only hated me for interrupting him, but because the thought of an honorable mammal(much less an honorable human) was hard to comprehend.

Vekk and Kikulon exchanged glances a few times. Then Fenebok spotted something...

"THERE!! Under that terminal, Sovereign! John's pet," He said, putting great infliction on the last word, "It was the one the bit my leg, and made me fall on the floor. Dishonorable qu'naH that it is." He spat at Vogefac and John.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12470 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »
"I have been in the body of a Human recently. Twisted as he was. Just friends don't kiss like that, Terenia. I don't know of this Romeo and Juliet of which you speak, but how do you know you are not like them? You seem quite angry at me for an accident caused while I was trying to defend him from your host's threats. I don't know why you're angry at me at all. It's not like I threw the chair at him. This is not my fault."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12471 on: December 13, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »
Al guzzled the last of his ale and slammed the glass down on the table before replying to Charlotte, "I think it was yours, actually." He swayed slightly in his chair as he picked his cards back up. "What happened over there? The bar fight I saw, but someone got hurt? They okay?"

Salem walked back towards the bar, thinking. He wasn't really aware of the sorts of resources Myitt's rebellion had, but if he was going to get closer to a faction in this war, they seemed like the right ones. For one thing, they were the only ones he knew of that didn't want his head. They could most likely benefit from his help as well... perhaps it was time he opened a new trading arrangement.

He sighed as he stepped through the door of the bar and looked around. It definitely looked like something had gone on in here.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12472 on: December 13, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »
((Enbe))

I looked up at Fenebok. John turned to Vekk. "Are you saying that Vogefak was to blaim? I can confirm his account of the events."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #12473 on: December 13, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
"Not at all. I'm used to becoming focused and forgetting the world. I was taught by many people and I fused it all together." Silver said and shrugged. Then her gaze jerked towards the bar though no sound was heard around back. "One of your boys is looking for you both." She said. She had heard easily the other calling for them. When she pays attention she can sense a lot.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #12474 on: December 13, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
((You'll have to forgive me...six full pages takes a while to read.  v_v ))

Ossanlin watches Efaen depart towards Corliss and turns back towards the bar, getting another round poured.  He feels a pleasant buzz from the alcohol...it took a lot to get a hork-bajir truly drunk, but the BT had been pouring some strong stuff, and Ossanlin had had three tumblers half-filled.  He wasn't drunk, but he could definitely feel a few effects of the alcohol.  The relaxed buzz was pleasant.

Lost in his own thoughts, Ossanlin is brought back to reality by the sounds of a scuffle.  His grip on the tumbler strengthens as he grimaces.  Never an easy moment, never a pleasant lull.  He purposely does not look at the fight.  He does not wish to become involved.  He hears Efaen and Temrash both, apparently fighting.  Then Corliss from the corner of his eye, pulls a dracon.  Then he hears other voices...human...th en came the shockwave.  He's shoved forward into the bar, the air being pushed from his lungs.  He takes a strong breath in and manages to splinter the bar counter enough to at least be able to breathe.  The force is finally removed and Ossanlin backs his stool away from the counter, his grip on the tumbler enough to make it creak.

Then comes the situation with Corliss...unconscio us...injured...real ly the only predictable outcome of the whole thing.  His iron grip strengthens and it's more than enough as the glass lets out a loud "pop", liquid spraying out from Ossanlin's clenched fist, followed by the tinkling of shattered glass on the bar counter and floor.  Ossanlin hisses as he feels shards of glass dig through his scaly skin, hork-bajir blood muddying the liquor on the bar-top.  He turns to survey the scene, anger rising powerfully.  He feels as though there's something inside trying to make its way out...something powerful.  He doesn't know what it is...perhaps life-force or some sort of energy.  It's uncontrolled, a torrent as it washes through his body.  This was something more than adrenaline, but he has no idea what it means.  He tosses the remnants of the tumbler to the floor with great force, the glass shattering further and spraying in all directions, though some shards remain lodged in his hand.  Ossanlin keeps his voice quiet as he speaks in English.  "Do you all want to place blame?  Really?  Anyone who took aggressions or drew a weapon in this is responsible.  You, Temrash...and Efaen.  Corliss too.  And whomever you people are."  Ossanlin points his bloodied hand at the strange humans.  "Every one of you..."  Ossanlin gestures around to the entire scene... "...is responsible for this.  Now someone is injured, and what was accomplished?  Nothing but pain that I can see."

Ossanlin shakes his head, that strange feeling roaring through his body...it had to be some sort of energy...perhaps Mar would know.  Ossanlin stands and stalks out of the bar, the doors swinging shut behind him.  He begins to pick the glass shards from his reptilian hand as he walks toward his ship.  Most first-aid kits did not have antitis of any kind...but his med-bay did.  He makes his way to the Mirage, blood still dripping from the rents on his hand...at least he had removed the glass.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12475 on: December 13, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »
"Temper, Temper!" Kevlin shakes his head.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12476 on: December 13, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »
Tora grins in relief. "Excellent. Thank you, Myitt. It truly is a vice of mine; I should be content with my liquid grass, as the Dr. Pepper contributes nothing useful to neither my human or Andalite body, but..." She gives a little whine. "... It is just so delicious."

As they emerge from the woods, a thin trail of inky smoke can be seen rising into the sky from her ship, which is hidden from view by other parked spacecraft.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12477 on: December 13, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »
Terenia's shoulders stiffen at Temrash's comment, and her face reddens.

"I don't know much about how Hork-Bajir date, but last I checked you could kiss someone without wanting to marry them," she says stiffly. "Besides," she says, refusing to look Corliss in the eye. She instead examines his wound carefully, "Yeerks aren't capable of true love...how can a species that is doomed to die when they act upon it?"

Terenia is about to go on, but just then there is a veritable explosion from the bar - Ossanlin smashing his tumbler and yelling at everyone. She is glad that his wrath is directed towards Efaen and not her, but she winces nonetheless, his voice bringing back painful, recent memories. After he stalks out she smooths her expression over and forces herself to look at Temrash.

"I heard you call for a med kit. Do you have it?" She asks evenly.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12478 on: December 13, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »
"It's at your feet." Kevlin points out the med kit he had tossed at Terenia's feet earlier.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #12479 on: December 13, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »
"Yeah, someone was injured unfortunately, but at least no one is dead. I figure that was a pretty good bargain." Charlie says. Carson wanted to stop her, but she spoke before he could motion for her to ignore it. She didn't get up or even stop the game. "I'll call. What've you got?"