Author Topic: Round Two: Start  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Round Two: Start
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »
I want to start our own country and populate it with RAFians...

Speaking of airfare... I just realized my passport expires in 2015. Grr... passport renewal here is SUCH A PAIN...
Oh, no! Only two years left to complete! :P

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »
I hadn't used my passport in four years before yesterday. I'm lucky I still knew where it was. XP

Also. Since I've been here my cousins got WiFi. Thank God.

Offline peelout

• Gold Donor
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
I have to say that having a meet up in an abandoned construction site is the greatest idea I've heard in a while, ha ha. And welcome of course  ;D
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream. -Vincent Van Gogh

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »
i renewed my passport a few months back- and i am glad that i didn't miss the renewal deadline. that jazz is expensive.

...nothing says "epic journey setup" like the call sent around the world to meet in an abandoned construction site. xD i say that we do it.

how long would/will it take to have your passport renewed, saffa?

also: lucky duck, steph. xD that might've thrown a wrench into things.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 11:16:38 PM »
From two weeks to three months depending on how long the queues are and how many times the clerk tells you "come tomorrow". Bloody red tape. Plus if you go in for renewal two years early they just give you the crazy look, and nothing ever comes out of that :P

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
Hi itw! Would you like a crumpet?
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 06:13:18 AM »
....excellent: something with carbohydrates. i'll most definitely accept one, if you're offering. 8D *reaches/gropes for*

how are you, adam? i see- by a quick stalking of your profile- that you're at bangor university? what does a guy do with a degree in zoology? also, are you brit-welsh or brit-somethingelse? :D

...i should add that the crumpet will go really well with the tea i'm having, which i call my 'lady tea', due to its having a subtle white color, rose petals, white candy sprinkle-balls, and the hint of something sparkly in it when it brews. ....god only knows what, but it hasn't killed me yet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:16:01 AM by itw2009 »

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 07:07:27 AM »
With a degree in zoology, i'll probably end up working in Subway :P

I'm Scottish, though I have English parents, Welsh Grandparents, and I've spent most of my life in Cornwall, hence the Cornish flag in my avatar.

I should have some tea myself!

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »
LOL Adam. Interesting history!

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 08:59:39 AM »
With a degree in zoology, i'll probably end up working in Subway :P

I'm Scottish, though I have English parents, Welsh Grandparents, and I've spent most of my life in Cornwall, hence the Cornish flag in my avatar.

I should have some tea myself!
aha. see, i could have taken my cue from your user icon, but it's just as well that i didn't. 'brit' seems to sum things up pretty well. xD

sorry about the subway bit. if that's how it works out, i'll find a way to come visit you and grab a sub. ...how are things economically over in cornwall nowadays, anyway? :\

also, i have to ask: chicken or egg- animorphs and zoology major/interest in animals?

i have other interrogating questions, like: do you put your music online anywhere? what genres do you get into? and stuff like that.

saffa should answer similar questions, but mine are mostly about india in general. D: my bff in elementary school was from india, but i was a self-centered prat at the time and never asked her much about home. i only knew that i loved her family's parties, the food, and the sleepovers.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 09:00:38 AM »
i should add: you guys thought that you were coming in here to find out about me, but really, this is my secret interrogation chamber. >:D

enter at your own risk. :awesome:

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM »
Questions like what? I prefer the chicken tikka and BLT subs at Subway if anyone asked :P

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 12:03:14 PM »
aha. see, i could have taken my cue from your user icon, but it's just as well that i didn't. 'brit' seems to sum things up pretty well. xD

sorry about the subway bit. if that's how it works out, i'll find a way to come visit you and grab a sub. ...how are things economically over in cornwall nowadays, anyway? :\

also, i have to ask: chicken or egg- animorphs and zoology major/interest in animals?

i have other interrogating questions, like: do you put your music online anywhere? what genres do you get into? and stuff like that.

Cornwall? Economy? You means cows and tractors right? :P

Animorphs came first. I bought books 1 and 6 because the covers interested me, then read them both about a year later :P Loved it. I would definitely say it had some influence on what I'm doing now. Hell, my music is even influenced by it sometimes, as you'll see here: https://soundcloud.com/blujugganaut

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
saffa: mmmm..... LOTS OF QUESTIONS. i can start from the beginning:

- in how many places have you lived? what were they / for how long / what did they look like?
- what's your family look like? (how many people live in your house and what relation are they to you?)
- did your parents tell you when you could start wearing makeup? (how conservative are they?)
- is anyone arranging any marriage for you?
- what's your favorite (home-cooked) meal?
- WHAT DOES BHANGRA MEAN TO YOU? (i ask because i love it and therefore must ask)
- do you have any pets? if so: what? how old? names?
- where do tourists go if they visit (near) you?
- how many years of uni do you have to expect? if you could, what would you get a second degree or minor in?
- have you ever considered moving out of india? where to?

that sums up questions for now.

adam:

HAH. well, that does sum things up well. i don't suppose that there are more than two dozen subways in cornwall. where do you expect to work once you graduate, then?

also, i think it's awesome that animorphs came first. xD i remember my first books: #10 (which is still one of my faves), #11, and the boxed set #5-#8.

...i'm tots going through that lovely collection of music. :)

i wish that marie was still around. >____> i like networking the music types when i can. but my bro is big on electric guitar and has serious skills (if you can get him off the my little pony: friendship is magic wagon for a bit). you should check him out: wahpony on youtube. he's probably open to collabs, too.

Offline peelout

• Gold Donor
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 11:51:56 PM »
i should add: you guys thought that you were coming in here to find out about me, but really, this is my secret interrogation chamber. >:D

enter at your own risk. :awesome:

Wait, wait, wait... that isn't how this works.

If today was the last day of your life, how would you spend it?
What impact do you want to leave the world?
Favorite childhood animated movie?
If you could visit any country in the world, which would you visit and why?
What was your childhood fear?
What makes you smile in life?
If you ruled the world, what would your change?
Are there any causes you strongly believe in?
Do you believe that the cup is half empty or half full?
Do you have any bad habits?
If you could invite any three people from history to dinner, who would you invite?
If you could have a superpower, what would be your superpower?
Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
Coolest thing you have ever been for Halloween?
And go  ;D
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream. -Vincent Van Gogh