Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element ~The Beginning  (Read 76535 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element
« Reply #1290 on: June 23, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »
Ferxal winces as he hears that Keslin has been injured. Surely the controller would not have stood in front of the door, so that implied his earlier search of the room had been inadequate. He needed to get back to the docking bay, but how? The crate he had used as cover before had been disintegrated, and there was no apparent shield for him to use this time.

<I am working on it.> He said, trying to figure things out. Just then he saw the Hork-Bajir stir. Had he not set his rifle high enough to render the enemy completely unconscious? He was so unpracticed at this.

A sudden idea came to him. He walked over and placed his blade on the neck of the controller. <<Listen Yeerk. You can leave your host and die quickly, or you can stay and die screaming. Either way you know you will lose. Your crew will not stand against an entire Dome Ship.>>

Tense seconds passed as Ferxal waited, and luckily the Yeerk left so he could end it quickly. He convinced the Hork-Bajir to help him by exiting the room, and trying to join the controllers. He managed to stand long enough to stumble out, and try to crawl behind the barricade. At Ferxal's signal, he punched out the Human controller, causing enough of a distraction for Ferxal to help take down the resistance.

With the room cleared, he entered the docking bay. Aside from some small, superficial leg injuries, he was unharmed. He saw that the enemy was a small, or juvenile Human, which explained why he went unnoticed before.

"Me beat Yeerk." The Hork-Bajir said after he made it in.

<Good work.> Ferxal said. <I'm certain you'll be happier fighting against Yeerks than for them.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
Keshin blinks in surprise at the Andalite that seems to have appeared out of nowhere in the commotion. He glances at Varit and says, "Sorry, I have to take this," taking the ARC unit and private holo-emitter. He has some familiarity with holo-emitters, but it's been a while since he's actually had to use one. They receive most of their communications from either their Bug fighter or their comm.

<What do you figure the blue guy wants?>

<It has something to do with the battle, certainly. If they've just now decided to bring us in, something must have gone terribly wrong with the boarding party.>

Keshin then dons the ARC and opens into the communication with Ossanlin. "War-Prince Ossanlin," states Keshin sharply. "What is it?"

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1292 on: June 24, 2014, 11:58:17 PM »
Ossanlin glances at Esarvit who's just confirmed his suspicions.  The math didn't add up...his ARC blips open a private communication and he hears Keshin's words translated into thought-speech in his head.  <<I'm not going to mince words with you Keshin.  I can use your skills, so I'm giving you an opportunity.  One of the boarding team has been injured badly.  There appear also to be more life-forms aboard the ship than our long-range sensor scans can perceive.  I believe that the personal shielding technology that some of the Imperials are using is also capable of hiding their life-signs from our sensors.  The team is pinned down in the hangar bay defending the downed man.>>

He shakes his head to himself before continuing.  <<I have had one of my warriors place an ASAR and several impact detonators in one of my pilot-devoid Tail Fighters.  You will take the fighter to rendezvous with the boarding team and you will help them complete the mission and avoid casualties in whatever manner you can.  The Tail-Fighter is programmed to stay within a 1000-clik radius of the Tyrennian...any further and it will shut down.  If it helps you to think of this as a contract, merely remember what I'm able to ultimately pay you.  Bring everyone back alive and silence the Imperials...and perhaps I will see my way clear to begin trusting you.  Double-cross me, and I promise you I will personally hunt you to the edges of the Galaxy with no duties to get in my way.  Understood?>>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1293 on: June 25, 2014, 01:20:12 AM »
A very slight, calm smile appears on Keshin's face. Ossanlin might recognize it as the unsettling expression of a self-interested person who sees a valuable opportunity for profit. He had been right on the mark--- Ossanlin needed them to help his boarding team kill or incapacitate a number of people in order to prevent any casualties during the raid. While protecting the injured liability. Well, that wasn't impossible for people like them. "If they're using personal technology that masks sensors, that's not unfamiliar to me," Keshin states. "These days it's not even as expensive."

"I understand the mission and the conditions," he states carefully, giving Ossanlin his undivided attention. "I'll go immediately after you dismiss me."

Truth be told, they were both probably itching for this conversation to end. Keshin quickly checked that Joanne's Dracon was charged and at her side, and Joanne glanced about her own body as if making a cursory examination. Everything seemed to be in order--- The biggest problem they had was Joanne's overall energy level on a rationed medicine supply. Still, they were in pretty good shape for this.

Hopefully, it was just like any other job. Except the "client," that is...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:22:52 AM by Shenmue654 »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1294 on: June 25, 2014, 01:36:22 AM »
<<Very well.  Proceed immediately to the hangar bay, your restriction has been lifted for this situation.  The Tail Fighter has been moved to the irregular hangars for your convenience.  I expect expediency.>>  Ossanlin glances over his readouts, tapping a couple of holographic buttons before continuing.  <<Do well here, Keshin...perhaps we can form a mutually-profitable relationship after all.  Preserve life where you can, but kill if you must.  Do NOT harm the boarding team.  If you want this to work, you're going to be the edge of the blade.  Ektaril will guide you to the hangar.>>  Ossanlin closes his transmit portion of the communication, though Keshin's ARC continues to transmit visual and auditory data to Ossanlin's consoles.

The Warrior who'd handed Keshin the ARC wastes no time and turns back toward the ramp-well, cantering slowly enough that Keshin would be able to keep up at a jogging pace.

Serid's eyes widen as he hears Prince Ossanlin's communique.  <<You are the mission lead now, Serid.  I'm sending Keshin...like it or not, he has skills we can use.  Once he's aboard, get Keslin and the Nefitt onto the Tail Fighter...we'll remote it back to the Tyrennian.>>

<<Yes, Prince.>>

<<Nefitt...Keslin needs medical attention urgently!>>  He falls silent as he sees movement beyond the anteroom's far door...there were more Imperials...perhaps many more, though why they would have such a strong presence on a cargo ship is beyond him.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1295 on: June 25, 2014, 02:04:01 AM »
Keshin immediately begins to follow the Andalite named Ektaril down out of the main crew quarters area and in the direction of the hangar bay. Neither of the two are in this to waste time, and they brush rapidly past other crew members in their haste. The situation was ideal for them---- If the mission even went off with fewer difficulties than Ossanlin was having, he'd loosen his tight grip on their movements and they'd have a greater number of options.

<I can' figure this one out. Last I checked, wasn' this a routine job?>

<Clearly it is not. Be ready to take command from me at a moment's notice, as per our tactics. Note that we have no idea how many Imperials Ossanlin means, but to bring us he must mean more than expected. I doubt it will be as easy to reduce their casualties as he suggests. Set the Dracon to high stun for now and aim for the chest.>

<Unconscious?>

<That's what our so-called client wants.>

Joanne followed Keshin's instructions. The hangar bay wasn't far now.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1296 on: June 25, 2014, 03:25:09 AM »
The Andalite leads Keshin quickly down to the hangars and into the bottom irregular bay.  He gestures at the Tail Fighter, its hatch standing open.  <The Prince assures me that you have enough knowledge to operate the craft and the equipment inside adequately.  How this could even be possible is beyond me, but it is not my place to question Prince Ossanlin.  The Prince also instructed me to inform you that the vehicle's weapons have been rendered inert for this operation.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1297 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »
"That figures," Keshin says with a shrug. "I mean, he already has the fighter tethered to the Tyrennian...."

Keshin then hops into the Tail fighter's ****pit, marveling at the amount of space but slightly frustrated by the lack of a chair. He wonders, as he begins the fighter's pre-flight check and startup, if War-Prince Ossanlin assumed that bounty hunters could do anything. It was by sheer luck that they did know how to use a Tail fighter's thought-based controls, from a previous job. <Here goes nothing,> states Keshin, tentatively putting his hands over the devices and setting the fighter's shield. The ****pit closes.

Keshin fires the Tail fighter up and blasts his craft out of the open hangar and into the freedom of space. Keshin found, to his surprise, that it was almost euphoric. It was as if Joanne's powerful desire to leave the Tyrennian emanated through the Tail fighter's energy supply and engines. Perhaps this was why Andalite fighter pilots always seemed so desperate to see action. The ship wasn't an extension of his body, but it was so close. For one long moment, they flew joyfully in the emptiness of space.

<...damn. Well, we better get goin'. Y'know...If we end up stuck here, I'd listen to the blue idiot if I got to drive just one more time.>

Keshin then notes the hangar bay of the cargo ship, quickly piloting the Tail fighter downwards with obviously no intention of warning the ship that they were landing. He was lucky the ship was defenseless, distracted by the other boarding party, and wide open. Still, it was not the most comfortable landing ever. Keshin edges the Tail fighter in quickly, hoping to high heaven he doesn't dent the machine. <Not the most graceful thing we've ever done.>

<When were we graceful?>

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1298 on: June 25, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »
Serid watches as the Tail Fighter lands in the hangar bay, a combination of unease and excitement flashing through his brain.  <<Keshin, this is Command-Warrior Serid, the hangar bay is clear now...a child was hiding behind some shielded crates and appears to have ambushed Keslin.  Your ARC should be synchronized with the rest of the boarding team now.  I have been instructed to place you at the tip of our assault.>>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1299 on: June 30, 2014, 03:45:44 PM »
"Yeah yeah, we're coming," states Keshin, flipping the top of the ****pit open and hopping out of the Tail fighter. Keshin glanced it over again, as if surprised that he would ever again end up in such a ship. The attempted raid on the Rebellion had certainly changed his life. Keshin then began to cross the hangar bay, Joanne's eyes darting about and scanning for any problems.

"Looks clear," said Keshin to Serid as he crossed the hangar bay. "Where's the boarding party?"

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1300 on: July 01, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
<Warrior Ferxal and Firin are holding the door there.  They should be indicated by green fields.  Keslin and Nefitt are over here at my location.>  He watches as Nefitt rushes back to Keslin's side and kneels down by him.

*Yeerked Nefitt*

"Damn it Kes...leave it to you to get yourself shot by an Imperial."  He immediately begins tending Keslin's nasty wound, sorting through the ad-hoc Andalite med-kit.  He frowns up at Serid.  "We have to get him to a med-bay.  Now."

Serid nods at the surly rebel.  <If you can immobilize him, I will help you load him into the Tail Fighter.  Prince Ossanlin says that he will remote it back and get him to med-bay as soon as he arr...>

"I'm going with him."

<I ah...I see.  Very well.>  Serid doesn't argue further as Nefitt does his best to stabilize the wound somewhat.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1301 on: July 04, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
Keshin determines that the best thing to do would be to check on Keslin first. As the most problematic part of the job, he must see what condition the stupid pirate is in. Along with speaking to this Serid fellow. The thought didn't exactly thrill him, but he was going to have to get used to the idea of Andalites and more Andalites everywhere he went.

<Hehehe, really gets your panties in a knot don' it? Chill out, we're on a job. And they're probably all just' like th' prince.>

<That's what I'm afraid of. And what I've heard.>

Keshin follows the display down the hall and glances down at Keslin and his ugly wound upon running into the boarding party. "Ghastly, isn't it?" he states to Serid, shifting his posture. "Do we have some way of getting our friend here out of our hair? We can't exactly bring him along for the ride. Oh...."

Keshin then states, getting the whole group in his view, "....and for those who don't know us, we're Keshin and Joanne. War-Prince Ossanlin sent us as backup."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1302 on: July 04, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
<We appreciate your aid, Keshin and Joanne.> Ferxal said flatly. He wondered why that was all the backup they were given. He wasn't quite sure how unconscious the controllers in the other room were, that the Hork-Bajir he had rescued had attacked. Also he didn't know how many extra controllers there were on the ship, if the child had hidden himself so well. The thought accured to him to question the former imperial host, but he wasn't sure if he could give accurate, detailed information. Right now he was just in the corner, nursing the minor wounds Ferxal had given him.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1303 on: July 10, 2014, 07:01:27 PM »
Ossanlin's voice echoes through the ARC links to the entire boarding party.  <Serid, Keshin, Nefitt...get Keslin onto the tail-fighter.  Claxter will remote the fighter back.  If Nefitt wishes to accompany Keslin, let him.>  Ossanlin continues to watch the guarded doorway through Ferxal's ARC unit.

Serid nods.  <We must load him onto the Tail Fighter.  Prince Claxter will fly the fighter back using a remote interface.>  He notes that Keshin is wearing his ARC unit...he would've heard Ossanlin's "voice."  But Nefitt has apparently disdained the tactical computer, so his speech is mainly for the Yeerk's benefit.

"You already said that.  I'm not deaf...or whatever you people call it when you can't hear telepathy."  Nefitt feverishly works to stabilize Keslin as best he can in preparation for movement.  "Alright...this is as good as he's gonna get without a medbay."  He scowls at Serid.  "Be careful when you move him...you people kill Keslin and things are gonna get real nasty in that little glass boat of yours."

Serid bristles a bit but manages to keep a straight face.  <I do know how to move injured soldiers.  It's mandatory training at the Academy.>  He doesn't mention that transporting an injured human would be much easier than transporting an unconscious Andalite.  He removes his utility belt, ARC, and ASAR, setting them up against one of the crates, and then begins to change form.  His back end scoots in, his tail becoming thicker.  His fur melts into his flesh, leaving his skin a sort of rubbery, hairless substance.  His upper body bulks up, his hands and arms becoming similar to those found upon an earth gorilla.  His stalk eyes pull into his head and the top pushes upward in a backswept arc.  His primary eyes grow two more sets of eyelids underneath the outer ones, and his breathing slits turn into a small, horizontal mouth.  Mottled splotches of blue and light green start to pepper his purple skin, and his four legs all join his upper body at one radial point that could bend sixty degrees in any direction.  His hooves widen out into wide, foldable feet.  Finally the morph is done and Serid already itches to have his own body back.  It isn't that the nerken is an unpleasant creature...on the contrary it's actually a highly adaptable and useful morph.  But ever since recovering from his nothlitized state, he's not been able to stand being in morph for more than a few minutes at a time...and it had taken him months to get this far.

<Keshin, Nefitt...let's get this done.>  He moves to the head of Keslin's body, bending his four legs at their double joints and scooping his strong-armed hands under Chris's limps shoulders, waiting for the others to get into position before he lifts.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1304 on: July 13, 2014, 11:15:47 PM »
Keshin squirms uncomfortably as he watches Serid morph, trying to resist the urge to throw up or look disgusted. Even though he'd simulations and even a real example plenty of times, the Andalite morphing technology never ceased to disturb him. He was not sure what Serid was, but it was obviously going to help them carry Keslin back. Keshin moves into position towards the side of Keslin's body, helping to support the man as carefully as he could. It was fairly obvious, from how awkward he looked, that he was in no way used to this role.

<No worries, man. If somebody's down you get 'em back.>

<I know, I know. I understand.>

"So what happened?" states Keshin, looking at Serid. "All I heard is that he was surprised by a child Imperial. He has to know better than that by now."