Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 109459 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »
Guys, sorry for the delay, but I've posted now. I've been having a really rotten few weeks filled with anxiety, depression, bouts of crying, planning a wedding, planning a student field trip, coordinating with a fire department, planning three courses, working a second job, dealing with mock state testing, dealing with feelings of overpowering inadequacy, and generally being a grouchy bundle of nerves.

Thanks for understanding, posting should be quicker from now on. I'm glad I can have more fun again now with RP stuff, now that these hurdles are behind me a little.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2013, 10:29:08 PM »
Please...either make the time to actually take part in the RP at least twice a week, or "man-up" and tell me to my face that you just don't care enough about it to make the time.

You make sense here, but we had no intention of wronging you with our delays. If you'd like us to grow a pair, then fine: we don't care enough about it to make the time. We cared about you, which is why we came back to the forum at all. If you do not want us to post anymore because we cannot post on time, then we will not post. That is the simple truth of it.

Our priorities have changed a great deal since we first arrived in this forum. We are not what we once were, and you will either accept this and continue to be friends or you will not. But please, for both our sakes....do not simply presume that we have forgotten you.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2013, 11:33:48 PM »
Kelly, Mar.  This was not an attack in any way, nor was it directed at anyone in particular.  I'm sorry if you thought the comment was directed at you alone, it wasn't meant to be directed at any person in particular.  It was a broad-spectrum post directed at everyone involved in the thread.

I've already said that I count each and every person in this RP amongst my friends.  This RP is in no way related to my friendships with any of you.  I was merely asking you all to be honest with me.  I've been more than understanding thus far, but the pace keeps getting slower and slower with longer and longer times between posts.  I am responsible for the thread and for keeping it alive for everyone.  I've never had a taste for administration, especially when it involves my friends, and that's why I'm divorcing the thread from my relationships with those involved.

I do not understand why you two have a tendency to take everything as a personal attack, or why my asking for the truth should in any way affect our friendship (or lack thereof if that's truly what you desire, though I hope this is not the case).  I used to have a similar issue...I thought that everything was an attack upon me...it came from people constantly attacking me in school.  I don't think that any of us would do anything to hurt or alienate you, Kelly and Mar.  I never presumed that you had "forgotten" about me...I presumed that you (amongst several others) didn't care enough about the RP to make time for it.  I was apparently correct in that presumption.  And that's perfectly fine, I would never demand that you play if you don't want to.  Whether you consider me a friend or not, I still consider both of you amongst my friends.

If you don't want to take part...if you're not enjoying it, then you shouldn't have to play.  I hope you don't think that if you bow out of the RP that I will no longer consider you my friend.  I would be hurt if either of you presumed me to be that shallow, vindictive, or mean.  Because I am none of those, and I will be insulted if anyone thinks that of me.  If I made any presumptions here...well I'm not the only one.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »
Luke, I get what you're saying, and I'm not taking it personally, but the hard truth of it is that the only time I am consistently available is the weekends. And even then, I do go out of town from time to time, and I do actually work on weekends about once a month, because it's required of my job. We're a small nonprofit that is open to the public every single day, and so we take rotating weekend shifts to keep the place open.

Anyway, I will make every best effort to get in at least one post on the weekends, when I am in town. I will try to post another time during the week, but I can't promise it at this point. This summer, things should free up a bit more. If that's acceptable for the RP, then I'll continue on. If not, I'll bow out with no hard feelings. I wish I could have foreseen that my job would get more demanding than it was when I started this RP; I just have more responsibilities and more after-work-still-working hours now. I stay late a lot, and I bring work home with me a lot. It's just the way it is. Sorry. :/
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
We don't think you were attacking us in particular, but it did feel an awful lot like you were lashing out at numerous people. And yeah, we didn't take kindly to being part of that. Look....

You guys aren't with family or taking a vacation or anything else.  You're just "too busy" for the RP with everyday existence.  And once the person realizes this, the "I'm busy" card is just hollow.  If you guys are just "too busy" with everyday life, then you're never ever going to be "not busy" enough to post in the RP.

When we hear something like this, it sounds an awful lot like a social attack. I don't think you meant it that way, because you don't seem like that kind of person at all. You never have been. But the thing is---we want to post in the RP, but we can't post regularly. It simply isn't an option anymore. 

We...we care a lot about you. Both of us. These games...we don't think of them as games, okay? They are our only way to communicate with the world about who we are, on our own terms. That's why we used to come here, every day. When we write one, we're putting our time and effort and our joined soul into it. We admit fully to feeling slighted for well over a year by our friends' lack of ability to take the time to respond to us, whenever we were writing something important.

If that's how you feel, we totally. understand. Can we all talk about it someplace less public? If it's not, well...it's not. We didn't really intend to imply you were shallow. Perhaps...perhaps we are. :/

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:45:57 PM by Shenmue654 »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »
That's fine, Marie.  I'm glad you wish to continue.  All I'm asking is that if you care about the RP, at least try to find the time for it.  My most recent past post was actually more focused and directed toward Kelly and her head-mate Mar...I can see where there might've been confusion, considering that "Mar" could be short for "Marie."  But the message is true for most everyone.  I wanted to make it clear that I'm not attacking anyone, and I'm going to do my best to keep anything involving this RP from affecting my friendships with all of you...I was merely saying what needed saying for the sake of the RP and my sanity.

When we hear something like this, it sounds an awful lot like a social attack.

Not an attack, I was merely trying to make a point.  If there's a special event happening that keeps people from posting for a bit, like a trip or a family visit or some other extenuating circumstance, that's completely understandable.  I was simply trying to get across that this is no longer the case, and people are/were saying that they're too busy over everyday regular-life stuff rather than special events.  And if people are saying they're too busy with regular life events to post, well...you see what I'm saying.  Everyone is always going to have regular life events...so there will never be a time when they're "not-busy" enough to post in the thread.  And it's not so much about being busy, but about not really caring much about the thread.  I understand that many people are very busy, but somehow even those people find time for the things that perhaps are not necessary, but are important to them...even when life is hectic.

But yes, of course, if you have some more-personal things you wish to say or discuss, you guys are always welcome to send me a PM.  I will respond and keep it personal.  I don't know of any other method of contact that is as swift as PM's here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:27:34 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Luke, sometimes people go through regular, everyday life periods where they ARE too busy to post. Then those periods of time settle down. It doesn't mean I don't care.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2013, 11:41:48 PM »
Intro post for the rebel thread is open. Credit goes to Tara for writing it! I just postied. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »
I'm not sure why you made it a separate thread, instead of putting it in the overview thread. Thanks for making it, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2013, 11:47:43 PM »
Because it isn't overview information, it's an rp in its own right.

The overview is just background info.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2013, 11:58:20 PM »
Oh, I thought it was an info thread. I guess I should post for Derrel and Xevec there?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2013, 12:02:31 AM »
Yes, that's the point. It's an opportunity for your rebel characters to establish relationships with our rebel characters so that when they appear in the future portions of this rp you'll know who they're friends with, who they dislike, etc.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
^  This.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2013, 12:23:34 AM »
Okay...I'm going to move my computer, which will take a few minutes...but I'm going to be typing a lot of text and the position I'm currently laying in is not conducive to extended text.  But I will be back to post in both threads in just a few minutes.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
Oss....you're doing a great job. It's no trouble at all. <3