Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95177 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #1305 on: February 09, 2015, 08:35:05 AM »
I'd really like this to work too. I don't have a good answer for it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1306 on: February 09, 2015, 09:47:08 AM »
I don't either, but more than anything else that might be involved here...We want to play with you guys still. Even though there's stuff that seems pretty far out of place. Even though we're the only three or four of the original gang left. We want to try and make this work with you.

And hey, if it really doesn't come together the way we'd like...we'll see what else we can do. Mar and I have a couple ideas (Mostly involving original dystopian universes and tournaments from hell, because It's Our Thing?! XD) that we could show you too. But first, let's give this our best shot to see if it gels correctly.

<3

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1307 on: February 09, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
Nah, we can make this work. I'm not sure what you guys have already in the way of backstory regarding what's happened between Ossanlin, Myitt, Keslin and Keshin over the last nine months, but we can totally run with this.

My preference would be to leave whatever's happened somewhat ambiguous-- maybe something Ossanlin and Keshin don't like to talk about. Whatever this thing is, it was enough to secure Ossanlin's trust, and probably impress Myitt and Keslin as well. Give us a few months of demonstrated loyalty since that's happened, and we have a potentially-passable explanation.

Leaving it ambiguous has the advantages of, first and foremost, being kind of hilarious, and secondly, letting us figure out the details organically through the RP, at our own pace later on. If you guys already have details, more power to you ^_^ I look forward to catching hints about them.

Kells, Mar, don't change Keshin up too much for this. There's no reason they need to have become a trustworthy, upstanding first officer, or that they need to trust anyone around them. They're at their peak when they're a troublemaking source of chaos, and I wouldn't want to lose that. I mean, yes, for this to work, they do need to have some reason for loyalty to either Ossanlin or this group, and Ossanlin needs to have some reason to trust them... but, again, those reasons can be left more-or-less ambiguous. I almost feel as though Keshin would have to think there's some reason... some survivalist or opportunistic reason... to continue this 'loyality' thing. If that morphs into actual loyalty as time goes on (or doesn't, whatever), so be it, but for now, there's no real reason to be twisting these characters any more than is necessary. They are who they are.

I'll have a post up ASAP. Probably not tonight, but ASAP. My revised character sheets may end up taking a few days, though >.<

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1308 on: February 10, 2015, 11:13:23 AM »
Kells, Mar, don't change Keshin up too much for this. There's no reason they need to have become a trustworthy, upstanding first officer, or that they need to trust anyone around them.

Actually, it is pretty well within Joanne's nature to attach and quickly develop loyalty to those who support her in a significant enough way. The gangs and Keshin himself are perfect examples of this phenomenon. If War-Prince Ossanlin really did turn Joanne into a nothlit and thus save her from the life-threatening illness that's plagued her entire life...She would become very loyal to him. At least, given the specific circumstances and what she perceives as their relative lack of personal history (As compared to her and Myitt. Trying to kill him doesn't cut it! XD)

The person least likely to be loyal would be Keshin, who I implied in the personality descriptions is just going along for the ride with Joanne until he can find a better option for them. ;]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1309 on: February 11, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »
*Pokes everyone* :3

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1310 on: February 11, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
I posted. I return your poke.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1311 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »
Waiting for Luke and Scott. :3

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1312 on: February 12, 2015, 05:27:17 PM »
Posted. That's about all they can say for now.  :XD:

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1313 on: February 12, 2015, 11:36:50 PM »
Sorry guys.  I know my timing is horrible, but Mike is here on a visit and I've been....preoccupied .  I'll try to find time for a post this weekend.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1314 on: February 13, 2015, 01:06:36 AM »
Posted ^_^ I've made a few assumptions in my post that are pretty easily modified-- biggest one is probably that Keshin is quite new to the first officer's position, and has seen little to no combat in that capacity. I don't know if that works with what you guys were thinking, so let me know and I'll change Aetheas's little comment to match. I'm also assuming the Tyrennian's been fitted with a Yeerk pool but not properly buffed and shined yet. Adds character.

Anyway, if there're any issues with what you guys were thinking, let me know!

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1315 on: February 13, 2015, 04:49:26 PM »
Posted ^_^ I've made a few assumptions in my post that are pretty easily modified-- biggest one is probably that Keshin is quite new to the first officer's position, and has seen little to no combat in that capacity.

It might need to be set up like that just so we can actually get the hang of the job anyway.  :P

Plus, it's way funnier if 90 percent of the crew still mistrusts Keshin and Keshin doesn't really trust them yet either. XD

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #1316 on: February 15, 2015, 07:17:17 PM »
Yeah, this should be entertaining ^_^

While I'm thinking about it: all of you should click that link in my sig and go see what's going on with the RAFcon in July. It would basically make my life if all of you were there.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1317 on: February 15, 2015, 07:42:54 PM »
I'm afraid that unless you're coming to Tallapoosa County, Alabama, you're unlikely to see me there. It would be awesome if we could get together at a table, and do an RP together. Instead of typing, we'd be talking to each other. Of course then I'd have to try to change my demeanor every time I went from talking for claxter to talking for Ferxal.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1318 on: February 16, 2015, 09:24:43 AM »
I'm here, but to some extent waiting on Luke and to some extent too caught up with work to post just yet. I'm doing a real mediation tomorrow and I also have to prepare for a fake direct examination. *Sighs* I don't think I get enough sleep for this job. v___v

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1319 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
Unfortunately, Scott...Virginia is a long way away for me being smack dab in the north-central portion of the country.  Maybe one day if you guys do one closer to the midwest, I'd be happy to meet you all.  (I've only met Tara and her hubby so far).

Good luck Kells, try and grab some shut-eye when you can.

LARPing, eh Chad?  Well, if there were any group of people I could see LARPing with it's you guys.

Working on a post currently.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player